Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! (4078 Views)

[VIDEO] A Nigerian Doctor Based In New York Has Tested Positive For Coronavirus / Transformation Photos Of A Female Nigerian Doctor Based In The US / A Nigerian Family Of Doctors Based In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! by Bubblefairy(f): 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
naijadoc2b:

This will be a recurring theme in my responses but I believe the better question is why you are having "serious insomnia". What is the best treatment often only leads to treatment with medications without consideration of the actual cause.

Your insomnia could be due to a multitude of issues and it takes a good history to figure out why you are having it insomnia.
-Do you have issues falling asleep? or staying asleep?
-How long has this been going on?
-What age range are you in?
-Difficulties with mood? feeling more down than usual? stress at work? stress at home?
-Sleep hygiene: do you have a sleep routine? TV in the room? electronic devices before bed? what type of drinks before you go to bed (soda, coffee, alcohol)?
-Nightmares? palpitations/heart racing? racing thoughts?

You catching my drift?

I can easily put you to sleep with medications...it just takes the right combination. The extreme of that would be the Michael Jackson story where essentially I can sedate you. However, this does not fix the problem but rather only exposes you to a host of adverse reactions and consequences. Think Michael Jackson!
I hope you find this helpful

I am currently working with a few medical colleagues in partnership with major healthcare stake holders in Nigeria on bringing world class medical care to the Nigerian population. We are very interested in hearing from the masses in order to fully understand your current thoughts, needs and desires in the ideal medical practice.

We would sincerely appreciate you taking a few minutes to complete this survey to enable us to better serve your needs. We strongly believe that Nigerians should have access to world class medical care and will work hard to make this a reality!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z6THZ2F

Hello Doc, thanks for the good work. I'm also having this same problem of serious insomnia so i will answer your questions with the hope that you can provide a lasting solution.

-I have issues falling asleep and staying asleep. I don't fall asleep until everyone has gone to bed and i wake up at the slightest sound and do not fall asleep again.

-My insomnia has been going on For as long as i can remember, i used to cry when i was in secondary school when everyone was sleeping and i wasn't.
-I am 28 years old.

-I don't have difficulties with mood. I have insomnia all the time, even if i'm stressed or not. Infact i have noticed that if i want to get about 3hours undisturbed sleep, i have to over-exert myself and get very tired (i won't sleep if i'm too tired as well)
-No TV, no drinks or food at all, i try not to sit or do anything on my bed but sleep. My sleep has a routine of its own, if i sleep early say 10pm, i wake at intervals and by 2am, sleep is gone, if i sleep late say 1am, sleep is gone by 4am.

-No nightmares, yes to heart racing and racing thoughts. I've also found out that i reason better during the night,

Piriton is the only sleeping pill that works for me, the rest just makes me tired and clueless, i generally do not like taking unprescribed drugs, i only take piriton if i have not gotten a total of 6hours sleep in 2 days.

What can i do to get better sleep. Thanks
Re: Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! by cleod: 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hello Doctor,
Please i need your kind assistance, my brother is 35 and has been going thru some challenges. initially it was neumonia they treaeted, after some time his face and feet started swelling and foamy urine . The doctor treated him and a test was done to check his kidneys and liver and it was pronounced okay but slight protein was noticed in his urine. We further went to do the EUCR i think for the kidneys, and everything fell within normal range, we also did a scan for the stocmach organs, the text shows that his kidneys, gall bladder, liver etc are in normal shapes. Presently the urine is normal ,no longer foamy, but the knee pain and muscle stiffness has not stop. Occasionally we notice feel swelling and his face is slightly puffy also the panting when he climbs a high attitude ( Imean when he walks on a hilly kind of) Although he lost so much weight but gradually recovering his weight but the body seeem to be a little weak. i would appreciate your advice is there any need for further test , if yes what kind of test should be test. Thank you waiting ofr your response.
Re: Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! by neurosci: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
@naijadoc2b , you said I could send you a PM, and I have sent you an email since a very long time now, but you have not replied to it.
Re: Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! by Nickizoe(f): 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hello Doctor, I don't last for 10minutes each time I go for morning and evening jogging...I have this sharp pain like a mensuration cramp right in my stomach which sometimes I have to get a maximum of 30minutes rest before it stops.... Any reason
Re: Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! by cleod: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hello Doctor,
Please i need your kind assistance, my brother is 35 and has been going thru some challenges. initially it was neumonia they treaeted, after some time his face and feet started swelling and foamy urine . The doctor treated him and a test was done to check his kidneys and liver and it was pronounced okay but slight protein was noticed in his urine. We further went to do the EUCR i think for the kidneys, and everything fell within normal range, we also did a scan for the stocmach organs, the text shows that his kidneys, gall bladder, liver etc are in normal shapes. Presently the urine is normal ,no longer foamy, but the knee pain and muscle stiffness has not stop. Occasionally we notice feel swelling and his face is slightly puffy also the panting when he climbs a high attitude ( Imean when he walks on a hilly kind of) Although he lost so much weight but gradually recovering his weight but the body seeem to be a little weak. i would appreciate your advice is there any need for further test , if yes what kind of test should be test. Thank you waiting ofr your response.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! by abeg222(m): 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
What can be responsible for someone not looking his age as a man?For instance a man above 30 that still looks 25.What are the possible factors behind it?

1 Like

Re: Doctor Based In The US Open To All Questions! by Oogway: 7:11am On Mar 17, 2017
Hello Doc, please I need information on USMLE for foreign trained doctors . Please trow more light on Step 2 clinical skills and step 3

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supersized Women Making Money Off Their Obesity. / Looking For Herbal Products To Cure Any Of Your Ailments / Cure For Pile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.