Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview (37114 Views)

Churchill Debunks Granting Recent Interview As Toast TV Says Its 9 Months Ago / ‘I Was Born Blind’ – Chidinma Ekile Reveals In New Interview With Guardian Magaz / Davido: I Love Gin And Blow Jobs - Singer Reveals In New Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by iamVirus(m): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2016

Mr Me YAGI aka Lil Kesh shared many interesting views about his career, family, educational background and more in a new interview with Punch newspaper.
Keshniro Ololade shared insights about his educational background and that he is currently enrolled at National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN). He also made mention that his father who happens to be a pastor has been supportive of his music. He also talked about his brainchild YAGI and when he intends to sign new artiste.

See detailed interview below:

Was it your childhood dream to become a music artiste?

I have pretty much been around music all my life, and the love for music has gotten me this far. My dad is a pastor and he owns a church. However, it’s not like I made a conscious decision to become an artiste; it grew on me untill I knew this was what I wanted to do.

What was your dad’s reaction to your decision to become an artiste?

My dad was cool with it. He lets you do whatever you want to do. He feels that whatever his life story is doesn’t have to affect the way his children live their lives. According to what he used to tell me, everybody must live his or her individual stories. He watched me grow from being part of the choir, learning to play drums, and attending music shows. Till now, he gives me all the necessary support and respects my decisions.

Considering that your dad is a pastor, isn’t he bothered by your vulgar lyrics?

Those vulgar songs are basically about me doing my job and he doesn’t interfere. Besides, not all my songs are vulgar. I have recorded songs like Ishe, Semilore and others. However, the ones that go viral are the ones with vulgar lyrics. I understand my markets, and I know the demography I’m directing my music to, which is the youth and adults. I’m a blunt entertainer, but I consider my fans, and always try to give them what they want. But this year, I decided that I’ll feed my fans with more meaningful songs that will inspire them.

What inspires you to write such vulgar songs?

Most of those songs were not written; we just go into the studio and ‘vibe.’ However, my environment inspires me and it’s not like I deliberately try to be vulgar.

Beyond the stage persona, who is Keshinro Ololade as a person?

I have a dual personality in the sense that I could go into the studio and come up with crazy songs that would entertain people. I could also be home alone relaxing, and listening to soft and mid-tempo songs. Listening to my songs, some people may think I’m a loud and local boy, but they’re usually surprised when they meet me and see that I’m calm and cool-headed. I’m not that outgoing, except if I have to attend events.

What’s your educational background?

I went to a number of primary schools, all in Lagos. I also attended secondary school in Lagos before proceeding to the University of Lagos to study Linguistics. However, I had to defer my admission because of my hectic schedule. Right now, I’ve enrolled at the National Open University, where I’m studying Mass Communication.
Some people believe you came out of nowhere to rise to the top in the music industry. Can you share some of your struggles?

I have always been a hustler. I started my career by attending several talent hunt competitions, and I won some of them which made me quite popular in school. At a point, I was always hanging around studios because I had no money to record songs.
cc: lalasticlala

Source: http://360jamng.net/dad-pastor-owns-church-lil-kesh-reveals-recent-interview/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by iamVirus(m): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
SEE MORE FACTS ABOUT LIL KESH FROM THE INTERVIEW (PLEASE)---> http://360jamng.net/dad-pastor-owns-church-lil-kesh-reveals-recent-interview/
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by herzern(m): 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
damola1:
Nobody owns a church. He manages one

W have Church founders sir.

BTW.

Concerning The Post.
I'm not taken aback because he once stated it clear in once of his sonqs...can't remember the name.

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by opethom(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Owo ni Koko, I'm sure his father is proud of him....
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by Brymo: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by jamex93(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
Team yagi

Fan for life

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by soberdrunk(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
Well sometimes the apple gets blown by wind and falls far from the tree. angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by capatainrambo: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
weeeey

is he trying to embarss the man or what?
mumu pickin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by fratermathy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2016

11 Likes

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by Boyooosa(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
why?

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by damola1: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by jchuchu(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
Na una sabi

Weytn concern me

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by rawtouch: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
so una need members abi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by BuyGoats: 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
Smh...
Give your life to Jesus....

My
Signature please

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by tchimatic(m): 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
damola1:
Tell dem joor... I 1da d type of xtianity we practice in Africa shaa!! undecided
damola1:
Tell dem joor... I 1da d type of xtianity we practice in Africa shaa!!

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by Dygeasy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by bigeliot(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
grin
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by venom13(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by teemanbastos(m): 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
.lol...
No be deeperlife pastor sha.! Cos if he dun disown am.
Maybe na one of Oritsejafor's pastors!

Abeg o..na joke o!

Me wey one komot dperlyf sef,dm no free me cool,may i con talk say i wan go dey sing 'skiborobo' dat one na death

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
I Don suffer

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by Abumighty(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hmmm
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
grin grin
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by igraman(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
where has the boy been?

Quite a while.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by CR77(f): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
Bad belle
venom13:
Nonsense
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by YeyeGirl(f): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
All diz pastor pikins seffff!!! undecided Na dem shine Oju pass

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by ritababe(f): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
capatainrambo:
weeeey
is he trying to embarss the man or what? mumu pickin
embarrass how?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by 666Antichrist: 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
old news jhor

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by Ajibel(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
herzern:

W have Church founders sir.

BTW.

Concerning The Post.
I'm not taken aback because he once stated it clear in once of his sonqs...can't remember the name.

Efejoku?
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by ritababe(f): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
YeyeGirl:
All diz pastor pikins seffff!!! undecided Na dem shine Oju pass

wetin be OJU?
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by tolaabi: 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
Oshey baddest
Re: My Dad Is A Pastor And He Owns A Church – Lil Kesh Reveals In Recent Interview by Cholls(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
my brother herzern "Omo pastor ton faa ci…
Ki len wa ni club ma so fun pastor
Peh ema nwo bump-short."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid & Davido Spotted At D’banj’s Concert; Take Selfie / DJ Enimoney And Olamide As Kids (Throwback Photo) / Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.