Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English (11640 Views)

My Answer To - My Fiance Can't Speak Good English. Should I Marry Him? / Dear Tessy, My Fiance Cant Speak Good English, Is It Possible I Marry Him? / Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by Damsal(f): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2006
Layi first of all, i don't think you are helping your friend by speaking yoruba to her. When i went to nigerian sometime back i also had a friend who could not speak english properly and it was hell communicating with her but i love her to bits i have never met anyone as special as her yet. She always managed to be the life of the party, and make everyone smile.

There's actually a natural disregard for someone who cannot comunicate in good english in nigeria (why i'll never know, it's not even their mother tongue) but the thing is you like her and what everyone else thinks shouldn't disturd you.

And in general discussions just becasue she does not meet everyone else expectation does not mean she does not meet yours
"If you don't find her special someone else will"
to love someone is to love their flaws

i had to tell my family that once when my mother didn't think well of one of my friends
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by Ndipe(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2006
Na English I go chop? Please dont overlook the redeeming qualities of your girl that you have described as a "ruby among ladies" because she cant speak English. Why dont you enrol her in school to be acquainted with the queen's language if you really love her?
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by Ashiwaju(m): 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2006
Abeg of What good is english? if she's gat all that you need or any other man needs, abeg English is not an Issue, What if she speaks french only and not english would you still feel she sucks?

As far as i am concerned, English is not the world, Japanese dont speak english, Asia prefer more of thier language to english, France and all other country would speak their lang and they respect it. If the girl no fit speak abeg leave am, with time she go speak and if she still no speak, then resolve to yoruba, dont get tired of talking to her like a kingdergaten or creche.

1 Like

Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by muyete(m): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2006
The girl has everything a wife should have so you said. The fact that she does not speak good english should not be an issue.
The girl is very ambitous i guess, of course she is in a tetiary institution. How did she get there. How many of those "priviledge girls" with a good history of kindergateen education have passed Jamb or have gained admission into the tertiary institution.
I bet you it is just a mtter of time the poor girl will blend and improve. She is aready in the learning environment and it takes gradual process before it will materiallised.

A girl of this type will rather be a good home maker in its entirety. This is the prayer of every man who desire to get maryy. The other qualities are just after- thought. We must not fail to forget that the girl in question may be endowed in other areas that has not been exploited through this forum. Afterall Bill Gates was a drop out in Harvad University. But today he can afford to pay all the asalries of the professors in that institution for the rest of their lives. Common guys speak or not speak is not an issue. One mans meat is another mans poison so they say.
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by Shagari2(m): 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2006
I'm going bonkers for this Brazilian, can't understand a word she says and vice versa but jolly gosh is she sexy!! shocked

Doesn't really matter if she speaks english, just love her.
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by mildie(f): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2008
hi
i am about to rush off but i believe i have to stay to reply your thread. The most important thing to learning a language is the desire. If you have that then the rest money can solve. From what i have read she obviously wants to learn.

The next step will be for you to bombard her with good English. I mean that really bombard her. Buy her interesting books to her that will make her read, speak it to her all the time reminding her and encouraging her all the way the reason you are doing so otherwise she may feel offended. Praise her for any significant progress made. This will encourage her. Offer her something she really wants as a gift at the end. This will motivate her. Also get a private tutor for her and search online for grammar tutorial software and another software on British pronunciation she could listen to with and mp3 player anytime she has a little time to spare.

Constant practice will improve her. It will not be easy at first but she will thank you for it later as you will have opened doors for her that she never thought possible.

One more thing it will be advisable if she stays away from people who dont speak well during this period so she can learn faster.

Try these and let us know

Take Care.
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by babycool(f): 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2008
Layi,

The truth is that in a country like Nigeria, fluency in English matters a lot, you can see the way some fellow nairalanders have been abused,dissected and were taken as unserious just because they posted their thread in wrong english, now the big question is: Is she willing to learn? i believe if she had the interest and if she is as smart as you said she is, english speaking would have been the least of her problems, you have to ignite that intrest in her, make her understand the importance of fluent english speaking, this will go along way in helping her .
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by babycool(f): 12:00am On Feb 05, 2008
Layi,

The truth is that in a country like Nigeria, fluency in English matters a lot, you can see the way some fellow nairalanders have been abused,dissected and were taken as unserious just because they posted their thread in wrong english, now the big question is: Is she willing to learn? i believe if she had the interest and if she is as smart as you said she is, english speaking would have been the least of her problems, you have to ignite that intrest in her, make her understand the importance of fluent english speaking, this will go along way in helping her .
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by PERVERT9: 12:08am On Feb 05, 2008
what has english got to do with it?if she sabi cook and she sabi kerewawa welu welu,abeg go on soun jo.
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by nyabinghi(m): 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2008
mister mention.,
I gwine recommend patois fe de dawta. Unu haffi pay me a likkle fee fe do that and she gwine talk like ah chatterbox after and mek u proud ah she.
pay me some cash i will turn her into a chatterbox.
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by amaikama(m): 8:42pm On May 05, 2009
@poster!! is it wife (woman) you wanted or English teacher? just a question? angry
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by Lax75(m): 9:44pm On May 05, 2009
Buy her Rosetta Stone now
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by Outstrip(f): 10:27pm On May 05, 2009
Okay at first I had to shake my head and laugh. Do you even know what people go through to find I good mate. Your own is simply too much. I suggest you don't make any moves on her. Someone will come along and she will be that A+ wife for someone else.

1 Like

Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by bluespice(f): 10:29pm On May 05, 2009
so is the english still bad?
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by austinbiz: 3:35am On Nov 08, 2009
I AM AUSTIN FROM NIGERIA, 30 YEARS AND I REALLY LOVE TO MEET

A LADY THAT BASE IN OVERSEA AND WHO IS SINCERE IN MIND. IF

INTERESTED SHE CAN CONTACT ME ON MY MOBILE:+2348055968422 OR

EMAIL: omoaugustine@yahoo.com
Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by vexing(m): 6:33am On Jul 01, 2017
My dear I was once in your shoes and I took the bold step and my wife English has improved considerably now because we only speak English at home. It wasn't easy for me to take the decision initially considering my status in the society. Imagine the Boss wife could not speak good English but I didn't give up on her and I am happy I made the decision. Bad language can be corrected but not bad character. Love should be your guiding light. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English by jamesfield: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Breaks The Net As She Strips Nude For Christmas Photos / When Long-Distance Relationship Ends - Advice On Adjusting / See What A Lady Did To Her Curvy Mother Working Out, That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.