Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (775103 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2014
Its finally back..Welkom home...i hope we can recover our pagesssss.........it will be sad to loose all those pages!
Re: North Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 12:33am On Jun 28, 2014
Please Can I ask a question abouth South Cyprus on this post or could someone help me locate a post about studying there?
Wipz I sent you an email few days ago but you don't want to reply my mail. Please I need urgent help. I think i should go ahead and ask my question.
I have been accepted into the University of Nicosia (M.Sc Oil and Gas Energy Engineering -18months), my parents will be sponsoring me for 12months. I have worked in Construction Companies in Nigeria. Can I possibly get a work in an office, Construction coy, oil and gas coy or any firm to pay for the remaining 6months? I wish to go for my Doctorate aboard before I can decide weather or not to return back to Nigeria. I need urgent professional Advice.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:13am On Jun 28, 2014
ukicom86: Please Can I ask a question abouth South Cyprus on this post or could someone help me locate a post about studying there?
Wipz I sent you an email few days ago but you don't want to reply my mail. Please I need urgent help. I think i should go ahead and ask my question.
I have been accepted into the University of Nicosia (M.Sc Oil and Gas Energy Engineering -18months), my parents will be sponsoring me for 12months. I have worked in Construction Companies in Nigeria. Can I possibly get a work in an office, Construction coy, oil and gas coy or any firm to pay for the remaining 6months? I wish to go for my Doctorate aboard before I can decide weather or not to return back to Nigeria. I need urgent professional Advice.

Any message with keywords jobs, work etc abroad have been flanked to go to my spam box. So just got your email from my spam box now. Since you have worked in construction company and have the strength and experience you may find such job in south Cyprus (SC). In most cases, these types of job pay ranges btwn 30-70euros per day. Also note, SC universities do report students to immigration if the students are not found in the schools they registered to and that might warrant you to taste the prison but if the employer or immigration issues you with work permit you can be fine.

There is no oil and gas company in SC, the whole of Cyprus just discovered natural gas that is currently been drilled by Turkey for the zone that falls to North Cyprus, so getting oil and gas job in Cyprus has less than 8% chances. Also SC is in financial imbroglio so the available jobs are been grabbed by their own citizen fast before a foreigner is considered.

My advise, kindly have standby financial sponsor for your entire duration cos SC spend Euro and the economy is not so good now. Wish you luck!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
Wipz@
Thanks so much for your reply. I will send you an email in few hours.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
If anyone here needs insider information about North Cyprus or EMU in particular, I'm your man. For anything pertaining admissions you go to @wip7.
Re: North Cyprus by magmat: 5:28am On Jun 29, 2014
@ wip. please my appointment is next week Friday and I'm yet to complete my visa form. please I will like you to refer me to the page number on this thread that has sample on filling the form. also is it compulsory for me to book for flight before going to the embassy. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:33am On Jun 29, 2014
magmat: @ wip. please my appointment is next week Friday and I'm yet to complete my visa form. please I will like you to refer me to the page number on this thread that has sample on filling the form. also is it compulsory for me to book for flight before going to the embassy. thanks

I dont know the page number the form is, kindly check each page yourself if is not part of what has been lost by NL. Also the form is written in English language and easy to understand, fill what you know and may inquiry at the embassy. Check for updates on requirement at Turkish embassy website.
Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hello Wip, I applied to METU Ankara campus for Electrical Electronics Eng. but was denied admission cos I didn't meet the desired point. Now I want to apply to EMU Cyprus for Elect Elect Engineering. I know very well that EMU is good but METU is more of technical. So I actually wish to know if I can do a transfer from EMU to METU Ankara after 1 year of Undergraduate study.

I still would also love to know :

1 The strength of EMU Elect Elect Eng. Dept
2. The duration of Industrial training
3. The list of schools EMU partners for Exchange programs

Thanks in expecting of your feedback.

Best Regards.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:08am On Jul 01, 2014
imaxo: Hello Wip, I applied to METU Ankara campus for Electrical Electronics Eng. but was denied admission cos I didn't meet the desired point. Now I want to apply to EMU Cyprus for Elect Elect Engineering. I know very well that EMU is good but METU is more of technical. So I actually wish to know if I can do a transfer from EMU to METU Ankara after 1 year of Undergraduate study.

I still would also love to know :

1 The strength of EMU Elect Elect Eng. Dept
2. The duration of Industrial training
3. The list of schools EMU partners for Exchange programs

Thanks in expecting of your feedback.

Best Regards.

If you wish to study in METU in North Cyprus send me your documents let me see your result. About the three questions you asked, kindly visit EMU website and go straight to the department webpage for question 1 and 2, on EMU webpage you will find list of partners.
Re: North Cyprus by virgindesy(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2014
@wip..good day..I once asked for your advice about my application to instanbul aydin university for my associate degree and if you recall you told me their online application will be on by may which I believed the agent who I seek her service applied for me, but for weeks now have been longing to hear from them and nothing yet. last Monday I mailed the school and I was told my online application has been received and it is under processing. but now am really losing my faith. I want to know sir if your school offer associate degree for HND holders and please what advice will you give to. thanks as I expect your reply soonest
Re: North Cyprus by Entertainer05: 9:54am On Jul 01, 2014
wip7:

Please, when will be the best time for new students to arrive at EMU so as to avoid hostel rush. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 10:40am On Jul 01, 2014
If you wish to study in METU in North Cyprus send me your documents let me see your result. About the three questions you asked, kindly visit EMU website and go straight to the department webpage for question 1 and 2, on EMU webpage you will find list of partners.

I actually do not intend studying at METU North Cyprus due to its high tuition fee. What I plan doing is to transfer to METU in Ankara(not METU NCC) after my first year of undergraduate study. Can that be possible?

Thanks for the direction on the IT duration. From the website:
Students have to complete a 40 day internship program prior to graduation.
Is this the only IT period for the whole of 4 years?

Pls Wip, I needed a detailed list of Exchange partner Universities. I couldn't find much in the website

Finally, I have a friend studying in EMU who wants to help me with my admission but since you are responsible for that purpose I'll like to know how you can be of help to me cos I really wish to be granted an admission this year.

God bless Ur efforts.

Expecting Ur response.

Best Regards.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:04am On Jul 01, 2014
virgindesy: @wip..good day..I once asked for your advice about my application to instanbul aydin university for my associate degree and if you recall you told me their online application will be on by may which I believed the agent who I seek her service applied for me, but for weeks now have been longing to hear from them and nothing yet. last Monday I mailed the school and I was told my online application has been received and it is under processing. but now am really losing my faith. I want to know sir if your school offer associate degree for HND holders and please what advice will you give to. thanks as I expect your reply soonest

NO we only offer 4, 5 or 6 years bachelor degrees, the only associate program (Associate in tourism manage.) run are not meant for Nigerian currently living in Nigeria. Kindly wait for Aydin!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2014
Entertainer05:

Please, when will be the best time for new students to arrive at EMU so as to avoid hostel rush. Thanks

Atleast 1-2 weeks to semester resumption may be okay
Re: North Cyprus by Entertainer05: 11:16am On Jul 01, 2014
wip7:

Atleast 1-2 weeks to semester resumption may be okay

Ok. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2014
imaxo:

I actually do not intend studying at METU North Cyprus due to its high tuition fee. What I plan doing is to transfer to METU in Ankara(not METU NCC) after my first year of undergraduate study. Can that be possible?

Dont you think it will be easier to transfer to METU in Ankara from METU in TRNC? also METU fees is cheaper than EMU if you have good result although its minor difference.

imaxo: Thanks for the direction on the IT duration. From the website: Is this the only IT period for the whole of 4 years?

You will get full info about IT from the department syllabus and curriculum which you can find online at the webpage.

imaxo: Pls Wip, I needed a detailed list of Exchange partner Universities. I couldn't find much in the website

All info you need about EMU exchange partners and conditions involved are well-written on the university website.

imaxo: Finally, I have a friend studying in EMU who wants to help me with my admission but since you are responsible for that purpose I'll like to know how you can be of help to me cos I really wish to be granted an admission this year.

God bless Ur efforts.

Expecting Ur response.

Best Regards.

If you wish to apply via your friend good and if you wish to send me your documents good....but pls dont send multiple application...just stick to one so you wont have probs with the adm. Wish you Gdluck!
Re: North Cyprus by Anthoniuf: 11:56am On Jul 01, 2014
Sir wip, how long will it take to process my visa to cyprus. I will be paying for my tuition next month. Hope its not too late?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Anthoniuf: Sir wip, how long will it take to process my visa to cyprus. I will be paying for my tuition next month. Hope its not too late?

EMU resumes by October, so applicants can pay until end of August.
Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hello WIP,

My WEAC results were not good enough though: How are the points calculated pls. Here are my results:
Econs c4, English c5, Maths c6, Phy c6, Agric B3, Chem c5, Bio c6.

Can I get an automatic 50% discount on entry into EMU?

Can I get a discount for METU NCC?

Also, immediately after my secondary school education I ran a 2yrs program on Software development in Karrox Nigeria and made 65.2% (Upper credit). Although I believe I can apply as a transfer student with a discount cos my friend entered through that means to continue an Information Tech course for only 2.5yrs. So with my results (WAEC and/ or Karrox ), can I get a discount (25% or 50%) to study Elect Elect from year 1 in METU NCC or EMU? I don't have much passion for Info Tech.

Regards.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
imaxo: Hello WIP,

My WEAC results were not good enough though: How are the points calculated pls. Here are my results:
Econs c4, English c5, Maths c6, Phy c6, Agric B3, Chem c5, Bio c6.

Can I get an automatic 50% discount on entry into EMU?

Can I get a discount for METU NCC?

Also, immediately after my secondary school education I ran a 2yrs program on Software development in Karrox Nigeria and made 65.2% (Upper credit). Although I believe I can apply as a transfer student with a discount cos my friend entered through that means to continue an Information Tech course for only 2.5yrs. So with my results (WAEC and/ or Karrox ), can I get a discount (25% or 50%) to study Elect Elect from year 1 in METU NCC or EMU? I don't have much passion for Info Tech.

Regards.

Yeah your result is poor, METU will not admit you cos you have 26 points which is far above METU admittable standard. So you dont need to apply to METU cos u will just waste your application fees since is non-refundable. EMU may admit you and i was once in charge of EMU scholarship, based on your result i may not issue you more than 25% scholarship then. But now, the criteria is slightly different so you may get 25 or 50% from EMU but EMU will not accept KARROX transcript for software eng you may apply to Elect if you wish.
Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2014

Yeah your result is poor, METU will not admit you cos you have 26 points which is far above METU admittable standard. So you dont need to apply to METU cos u will just waste your application fees since is non-refundable. EMU may admit you and i was once in charge of EMU scholarship, based on your result i may not issue you more than 25% scholarship then. But now, the criteria is slightly different so you may get 25 or 50% from EMU but EMU will not accept KARROX transcript for software eng you may apply to Elect if you wish.

Thanks very much for your response.

Yes WIP, I did poorly in my exam. Too bad.

Sorry I ask much questions, I just like being totally sure. You didn't answer some of my questions.

Can I transfer from EMU to METU after one year of Undergraduate study i.e with a good cumulative grade?

As I said, my friend there in EMU wishes to help me followup my admission so i do not want to drop him aside after all the conversations I had with him. As an experienced person in this regard, I would really appreciate you advice if there is/are anything he needs to do to enable me get an admission with a good discount(50%) as a fresher.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
imaxo:

Thanks very much for your response.

Yes WIP, I did poorly in my exam. Too bad.

Sorry I ask much questions, I just like being totally sure. You didn't answer some of my questions.

Yes, i dont answer all questions unless the questions are tangible and in most cases i dont reply at all if such questions can be easily found online..

imaxo: Can I transfer from EMU to METU after one year of Undergraduate study i.e with a good cumulative grade?

Where you are transferring from (EMU) has nothing to do where you are transferring to (METU), look up METU admission about requirement for transfer applicants to see what they required interms of CGPA and results needed.

imaxo: As I said, my friend there in EMU wishes to help me followup my admission so i do not want to drop him aside after all the conversations I had with him. As an experienced person in this regard, I would really appreciate you advice if there is/are anything he needs to do to enable me get an admission with a good discount(50%) as a fresher.

Yes you can apply via your friend but be aware that your friend is a student and will have 0.000000001% influence on admission and scholarship. Our admission is based on merit and results.
Re: North Cyprus by Anthoniuf: 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
wip7:

EMU resumes by October, so applicants can pay until end of August.
I mean hope the period for visa processing would be enough before resumption since I will still have to wait to get the fees acceptance letter before I apply to embassy for visa.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
Anthoniuf: I mean hope the period for visa processing would be enough before resumption since I will still have to wait to get the fees acceptance letter before I apply to embassy for visa.

you will get your confirmation within a week if you pay and apply for visa.
Re: North Cyprus by Anthoniuf: 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
wip7:

you will get your confirmation within a week if you pay and apply for visa.
Thanks so much, sorry for asking this much sir. How much time will it take for the visa processing?
Re: North Cyprus by Skozy: 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
emergency please. got interview this week but still confuse with this letter of incorporation and task clearance because I'm using my dad personal statement of account. did I need the tax and letter of incorporation.
Re: North Cyprus by monsurx2: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
@wip7 I so much appreciate your contribution.
I recently got a 100% scholarship to pursue a straight PhD (without MSc) at a University at Istanbul. The offer includes; accomodation, access to library and fitness facilities, meals, personal laptop and a monthly stipend (as stated on my offer letter). The university had sent a hard copy of the offer letter to me and had also mailed the turkish embassy including my offer letter as an attachment (I was copied in the mail as well). Here are my questions- (a) do I still need to provide a bank statement inspite of the scholarship including a guarantee letter and other miscellaneous documents partaining to sponsorship during interview at the embassy? (b) I had booked an appointment with the embassy since 17th of june. Till this day, I've got no response. In view of this, I sent another reservation on the 2nd of july. Am I in the right track?

Best regards,
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
monsurx2: @wip7 I so much appreciate your contribution.
I recently got a 100% scholarship to pursue a straight PhD (without MSc) at a University at Istanbul. The offer includes; accomodation, access to library and fitness facilities, meals, personal laptop and a monthly stipend (as stated on my offer letter). The university had sent a hard copy of the offer letter to me and had also mailed the turkish embassy including my offer letter as an attachment (I was copied in the mail as well). Here are my questions- Best regards,

monsurx2: (a) do I still need to provide a bank statement inspite of the scholarship including a guarantee letter and other miscellaneous documents partaining to sponsorship during interview at the embassy?

You dont need to provide the bank statement provided the scholarship/grant does not have condition/s. Some of the grants do have conditions which could be some CGPA, article publications or certain workload that need to be met to continue maintaining the scholarship. So if it has no clause kindly provide the original scholarship offer alongside your offer letter and other required documents excluding the bank statement if no condition but including the bank statement if there is a condition. To serve as a plus you may support your application with bank statement whatever the amount that shows if anything happen to the scholarship board you can still survive.

monsurx2: (b) I had booked an appointment with the embassy since 17th of june. Till this day, I've got no response. In view of this, I sent another reservation on the 2nd of july. Am I in the right track?

The semester starts Sept 2014, so June is too early to attend to applicants since visa with only 1 month validity will be issued. It is not advisable to send multiple application to the embassy as stated on their website.
Re: North Cyprus by monsurx2: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
@wip7: thanks for the prompt response. I'm very grateful. As regards the multiple appointment reservation, I sent the later using another email. I hope it doesn't mar my request .

Thanks!
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2014
@wip7 do you know about near East university in North Cyprus, is it a good uni compare to oda unis in North Cyprus, what's d prospect of getting a job after graduating, is it possible to work and study and is there possibility of getting a job after 6month even if is construction companies
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2014
jaydave: @wip7 do you know about near East university in North Cyprus, is it a good uni compare to oda unis in North Cyprus, what's d prospect of getting a job after graduating, is it possible to work and study and is there possibility of getting a job after 6month even if is construction companies
You need to read back through the posts on this section.
Mr wip7 and others have answered your question hundreds of times

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2014
Skozy: emergency please. got interview this week but still confuse with this letter of incorporation and task clearance because I'm using my dad personal statement of account. did I need the tax and letter of incorporation.

No you don't since it's not a company account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.