Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771826 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
hello, everybody here. good evening.
pls I'm a real novice in these discussions, I just want to make an enquiry about universities in Cyprus that offer medicine programs. their tuition fees, requirements and any other information I can get that will be helpful. God bless you as you find time to reply
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2014
mistahteepex:
hello, everybody here. good evening.
pls I'm a real novice in these discussions, I just want to make an enquiry about universities in Cyprus that offer medicine programs. their tuition fees, requirements and any other information I can get that will be helpful. God bless you as you find time to reply
medicine @ Near East University is €12,600
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
godsong:
medicine @ Near East University is €12,600
that's pretty expensive, any other university. With a cheaper tuition? Pls ur reply would b appreciated.
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
mistahteepex:
that's pretty expensive, any other university. With a cheaper tuition? Pls ur reply would b appreciated.
I don't think that you will find any respectable university offering medicine as a course "on the cheap"
They can allways fill med courses and charge top money, they normally ask for top grades to gain entry as well.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 3:15am On Oct 28, 2014
mistahteepex:
you can't find it cheaper anywhere in north cyprus , medicine is on the high side over here .
Re: North Cyprus by Emmybreezy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
Pls house I want to leave nigeria to study in cyprus pls can anyone tell me the steps to take I need your respond pls
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
Emmybreezy:
Pls house I want to leave nigeria to study in cyprus pls can anyone tell me the steps to take I need your respond pls
Read back through this section, everything is here.
DO NOT pay anything to thief agent.
Re: North Cyprus by tinchyvuh: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gooday ause.is there how some1 can renew his/her passport if it expires while in cyprus.any idea pls
Re: North Cyprus by scadocee: 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
Good evening everyone. Pls I would like to educated about all requirement for getting visa to North-cyprus. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Emmybreezy(m): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
worry359:

Read back through this section, everything is here.
DO NOT pay anything to thief agent.
okay thanks bro
Re: North Cyprus by kuzee(m): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
plz house,i have read some few pages,
i want to study at EMU precisely and a serious applicant..
a colleague nd i want to study there..
we dnt knw if we can be able to do direct entry or starting all over,
we just graduated with National Diploma..
if starting over,that wnt be a problem..
currently my younger bro has bin in girne american uni since last yr,but my course not there..
wantta study mechanical eng,i realise emu suit my taste nd also many applicant did it on their own even without an agent,
the question is how can we do it on our own,i dnt know the deadline for the application and the required nd necessary document,
plz student over there suld kindly help a brother here,by the tyme success rest on my feet,we can be brothers over there..
right now i m jux helpless.
dnt knw the first step to be taken..
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
Emmybreezy:
you can donut your self just read through this forum and ask questions if needed
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
kuzee
All here
http://me.emu.edu.tr/
Contact them and ask your question.
Re: North Cyprus by scadocee: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
Pls guys I need your help. I want to be educated about all THE visa requirement for North-cyprus. I also want to know how long it will take one to get it. Pls I need a quick response. Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
kuzee:
plz house,i have read some few pages,
i want to study at EMU precisely and a serious applicant..
a colleague nd i want to study there..
we dnt knw if we can be able to do direct entry or starting all over,
we just graduated with National Diploma..
if starting over,that wnt be a problem..

As earlier offered by Worry359, you can easily obtain the information on the university website. To add to that, you must be less than 25yrs to be admitted into EMU and with your ND transcripts...you can get course exemptions after verification of the ND results. For admission, you will need both your ND transcripts and olevel results and admission deadline is end of January.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
scadocee:
Pls guys I need your help. I want to be educated about all THE visa requirement for North-cyprus. I also want to know how long it will take one to get it. Pls I need a quick response. Thanks.

The best up to date info about TRNC visa can be found on the Turkish embassy website Abuja, kindly look that up. If you have a specific question about filling the form or documents related questions while submitting your form then..you can ask here.
Re: North Cyprus by kuzee(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
wip7:

As earlier offered by Worry359, you can easily obtain the information on the university website. To add to that, you must be less than 25yrs to be admitted into EMU and with your ND transcripts...you can get course exemptions after verification of the ND results. For admission, you will need both your ND transcripts and olevel results and admission deadline is end of January.
thanks alot mr wip7,
my colleague is more than 25yrs,is there no solution to that?
as for the transcript,it has not been given out yet as i ave just collected my result or what do i call it? today,thanks for your contribution,since the deadline is january,dnt think i can attend too early,wanna study for summer semester,plz what the deadline for that semester?
and from what i saw in the site,what do they mean by RE-SIT EXAMS,ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST,ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST,
i need to undergo that before i can get an admission letter,plz am quite obfuscated here..
Re: North Cyprus by kuzee(m): 7:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
worry359:
kuzee
All here
thanks alot sir
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
worry359:
kuzee
All here
hello sir ,does emu offer medicine and surgery as a course? Pls urgent reply!
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
mistahteepex:
hello sir ,does emu offer medicine and surgery as a course? Pls urgent reply!
Thanks in anticipation.
If you can not find the answer to a simple question yourself how will you study a complicated subject like surgery?

Go to Google
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl
Type in your question
does emu cyprus offer medicine and surgery as a course
As if by magic your answer appears
You really must try harder.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
worry359:

If you can not find the answer to a simple question yourself how will you study a complicated subject like surgery?

Go to Google
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl
Type in your question
does emu cyprus offer medicine and surgery as a course
As if by magic your answer appears
You really must try harder.
hello sir, that's not enough reason for you to start insinuating that I'm dumb. Haba, I've done my little research also I just saw the fees ,I just wanted to know the total cost. that's all.
peace and cheers. All is well
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
kuzee:

thanks alot mr wip7,
my colleague is more than 25yrs,is there no solution to that?
as for the transcript,it has not been given out yet as i ave just collected my result or what do i call it? today,thanks for your contribution,since the deadline is january,dnt think i can attend too early,wanna study for summer semester,plz what the deadline for that semester?
and from what i saw in the site,what do they mean by RE-SIT EXAMS,ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST,ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST,
i need to undergo that before i can get an admission letter,plz am quite obfuscated here..

Applicants for undergraduate program at EMU must be less than 25yrs..its university policy. EMU does not admit student for summer semester for now so you can only be admitted for Spring (Feb 2015) or Fall (Sept 2015). If your transcript will be a barrier, then you can be admitted into direct year one. You will not need to sit for English test if English is your official language and you scored at least grade C in your olevel result.
Re: North Cyprus by kuzee(m): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
wip7:

Applicants for undergraduate program at EMU must be less than 25yrs..its university policy. EMU does not admit student for summer semester for now so you can only be admitted for Spring (Feb 2015) or Fall (Sept 2015). If your transcript will be a barrier, then you can be admitted into direct year one. You will not need to sit for English test if English is your official language and you scored at least grade C in your olevel result.
thanks alot sir,then that means i need to start up the process immediately..
i am really sorry for asking too much question..
but i jux really want to knw something since the deadline is jan,and having jux extra 2 month to finis up the process..can everything be done within the deadline period,both the visa nd necessary document? or perhaps i can wait for fall semester (sept 2015)
and also the tution fees for my course is $4733,does it cover only a year or the entire 4 years..
Re: North Cyprus by tinchyvuh: 6:40am On Oct 30, 2014
tinchyvuh:
Gooday ause.is there how some1 can renew his/her passport if it expires while in cyprus.any idea pls
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 7:39am On Nov 01, 2014
Re: North Cyprus by horlumiday(m): 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Nigerian students intending to study in Cyprus have been warned to be wary of moves by the authorities of Cyprus International University, Nicosia to lure them into the institution.
The House Committee on Diaspora led by Committee Chairman, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa drew attention to the dangers of sending Nigerians to the University located in North Cyprus, following the mysterious death of a student in July 2013.
In a statement, Hon. Dabiri-Erewa said the University had alleged that 20-year old Gabriel Soriwe, who hailed from Edo State was knocked down by a female drunk driver whose identity was protected by authorities.
Investigation revealed that the University connived with the North Cyprus police to release Soriwe’s killer and also shield her identity from his parents.
The university went ahead to send Soriwe’s body to his family as unaccompanied cargo without any of his belongings, and with no word of condolence from the institution.
Another Nigerian who lost his life in the region was Stanley Ateimo, who was a musician based in Cyprus and was murdered in August 2013.
The House of Representatives have warned that both the University and its location, Nicosia, are dangerous for Nigerian students, while the institution itself is not recognised by Nigeria and other countries in the world.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by iscbaba: 12:14am On Nov 02, 2014
PLEASE WE MUST CONFIRM THIS,IS IT TRU DAT CYPRUS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT RECOGNIZE BY NIGERIA GOVERNMENT?........PLEASE LET SHEALD MORE LIGHT COS SOME OF US ARE ABT GOIN 4D SCH.
Re: North Cyprus by hirise: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2014
iscbaba:
PLEASE WE MUST CONFIRM THIS,IS IT TRU DAT CYPRUS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT RECOGNIZE BY NIGERIA GOVERNMENT?........PLEASE LET SHEALD MORE LIGHT COS SOME OF US ARE ABT GOIN 4D SCH.

Federal Min of Education, Nigeria issued certificate of recognition to CIU years ago, but CIU has bn having problems with Nigeria Govt since the death of the son(or relative) of one of a top politician in Nigeria. (Question: What if its a son of an average unknown citizen of Nigeria, what will happen?). Though CIU was careless about the student's case, but i will tell you that most universities in Cyprus recorded death of Nigeria students last year. This happen almost everywhere; UK, USA n Nigeria sef(cultism). God help us all.
My best advise: check your course & try to research on graduates of the school you want to attend(aspa employment n nysc) and choose the best.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 05, 2014
@WIP7 I heard there is no scholarship for medicine at EMU. How true is that. And can I pay my first semester fees in installments? [color=#000099][/color]
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 05, 2014
@WIP7

Can I have your mobile no. So we can chat on whatsapp
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:31am On Nov 05, 2014
whitekaftan:
@WIP7 I heard there is no scholarship for medicine at EMU. How true is that. And can I pay my first semester fees in installments? [color=#000099][/color]

No scholarship for medicine and you can't pay instalment as new student...you have to pay around 15,700 usd in order to be issued visa which is 1 year fees.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:36am On Nov 05, 2014
whitekaftan:
@WIP7

Can I have your mobile no. So we can chat on whatsapp

No you can't have my mobile number..I don't chat. If there is any question you want to ask ..write it on this thread or email me, I will reply to questions that are technical or professional. I will be ready to assist you in securing your admission and guide you. Wish you luck!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.