Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,404 members, 7,861,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:54 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (776564 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 6:00am On Feb 22, 2015
Please for those intending to apply for masters in Business Administration department (including marketing management) check business.emu.edu.tr for details of number of courses to be taken (thesis and non-thesis). We get alot of students coming to the office complaining they never knew the number of courses to take and the cost implications. Please note that the tuition fee for masters is per course not per semester. So people coming in for MBA should expect to pay higher than Marketing Management as the number of courses are higher. Tuition fees per course is also on the same site, so whatever amount per course you see there divide in half if on 50% scholarship. You should also note the difference between thesis and non-thesis programs. Stricter are requirements are done for those coming into the thesis program. Please be well informed as this would save us a lot of hassles we face especially from Nigerian students who come in newly. Congratulations to those who have their admissions already, Bon Voyage and to those who have arrived here, Hoşgeldiniz.

For the Business Department.
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2015
wip7:

You applied for Fall 2015 (Sept) ? if yes, FALL evaluation is not opened for EMU....so keep checking in months.

Omo the waiting no be beans ooo... does it mean there aren't any school that can process falls admission faster
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 5:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Please Dr. Wip, I will be grateful if you could answer these questions because I saw it in pg 90 of this thread and was really impressed and its the truth.
1. How can I develop my academic skills in that EMU/NC?
2. DO they have these equipment to carry out my future
research, how can i be trained to carry out independent
research especially in Supply Chain/Logistics Mgt.?
3. Do they have professor, expert or scholars in the field of innovative vocational studies, software development, risk management, transport and logistics ?
4. What about incentives if you publish papers, incentives for training especially am interested in improving my skills in writeup and research?
5. Are there business opportunities in that place
Please I did notice nobody have asked, and I will love to know as I'll be in EMU soonest by Saturday hopefully...I will be grateful if u could answer these plus anyother useful answer. Thank you Sir.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
milesnorthman12:
Please Dr. Wip, I will be grateful if you could answer these questions because I saw it in pg 90 of this thread and was really impressed and its the truth.

Anyway high or almost all the applicants only ask about jobs but none ask about academics...so one question the actual aim of the journey.

1. How can I develop my academic skills in that EMU/NC?

Actually the environment is calm and conducive for learning, but you might have to work and build yourself in the calm environment. There are necessary facilities sufficient enough for social science and arts-based students to carry on. You must not follow the trend cos Cyprus is one of the laziest island/country...so you wont allow yourself be lazy like the people.

2. DO they have these equipment to carry out my future research, how can i be trained to carry out independent research especially in Supply Chain/Logistics Mgt.?

I do not think you need equipments/devices to carry out research under social sciences like "supply chain and logistics (SCL)" ...what you need as far as I know is practical application of SCL, softwares and analytical tools. For software and analytical tools ..YES, these are made free under the university network and also the university subscribes to virtually all databases for academic index...so you can easily locate articles and e-books freely on the network.

3. Do they have professor, expert or scholars in the field of innovative vocational studies, software development, risk management, transport and logistics ?

Virtually almost all the teachers are professors and scholars but I dont know if they are expert in the said fields. The university currently is not at Harvard or Cambridge level, so they have normal scholars that might have studied in one of the best uni or average universities.

4. What about incentives if you publish papers, incentives for training especially am interested in improving my skills in writeup and research?

Yes yes yes..they offer incentives and Turkish Govt also offer incentives for all work done in TRNC...I wish I can upload some of my cheques but I cant...this part is the part many of the people dont take serious. In fact, on one published article they offer between 1000-4000USD, imagine you publishing 10 articles per yr...... I have collected these incentives and still collecting. I wish Nigerian and other Africans can take this route.

They offer 1800usd as support for conference in Asia and Americas, 1200usd for Europe.

5. Are there business opportunities in that place
Please I did notice nobody have asked, and I will love to know as I'll be in EMU soonest by Saturday hopefully...I will be grateful if u could answer these plus anyother useful answer. Thank you Sir.

No no..due to the embargo, TRNC is not business spot for foregners but since is just a stone away from Turkey, then you can carry your business in Turkey. Is do-able cos we have done it and many also have done that before.....also due to those internet scammers, more restrictions are in places for Nigerian/African.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Greetings to all in the house. My appiontment. Is on wednesday 25th feb 2015. Who's balling with me.?
God will go with us all.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Pls I need suggestion of any affordable hotel I can easily take off from early that wednessday for the appointment. @ the turkish embassy located in plot 333 diplomatic drive, central business district, abuja.
Re: North Cyprus by adexpredator: 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
Amosiye:
Greetings to all in the house. My appiontment. Is on wednesday 25th feb 2015. Who's balling with me.?
God will go with us all.
yesso me abuja
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Wen is ur date?
adexpredator:
yesso me abuja
Re: North Cyprus by Mnewton(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
please room i need your help...i wish to apply for m.sc programme in agricultural economics ...i dont know where to start from....my sponsor needs details of the tuition fee (recent) and cost of living...thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 10:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
Wip7, I'm a writer and you really caught my attention when you mentioned article writing. How can I dabble into that in the TRNC?
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 11:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sir Wip7, I just read through this thread again and I read that METU fall application is opened and the application fee could be waved if I applied through you. Please sire how do I go about this. My sponsor will be leaving for UK very soon and he needed to see my progress... I mean physically; on paper. I humbly seek your help on this regard
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 11:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
wip7:

Anyway high or almost all the applicants only ask about jobs but none ask about academics...so one question the actual aim of the journey.

Actually the environment is calm and conducive for learning, but you might have to work and build yourself in the calm environment. There are necessary facilities sufficient enough for social science and arts-based students to carry on. You must not follow the trend cos Cyprus is one of the laziest island/country...so you wont allow yourself be lazy like the people.

I do not think you need equipments/devices to carry out research under social sciences like "supply chain and logistics (SCL)" ...what you need as far as I know is practical application of SCL, softwares and analytical tools. For software and analytical tools ..YES, these are made free under the university network and also the university subscribes to virtually all databases for academic index...so you can easily locate articles and e-books freely on the network.

Virtually almost all the teachers are professors and scholars but I dont know if they are expert in the said fields. The university currently is not at Harvard or Cambridge level, so they have normal scholars that might have studied in one of the best uni or average universities.

Yes yes yes..they offer incentives and Turkish Govt also offer incentives for all work done in TRNC...I wish I can upload some of my cheques but I cant...this part is the part many of the people dont take serious. In fact, on one published article they offer between 1000-4000USD, imagine you publishing 10 articles per yr...... I have collected these incentives and still collecting. I wish Nigerian and other Africans can take this route.

They offer 1800usd as support for conference in Asia and Americas, 1200usd for Europe.

No no..due to the embargo, TRNC is not business spot for foregners but since is just a stone away from Turkey, then you can carry your business in Turkey. Is do-able cos we have done it and many also have done that before.....also due to those internet scammers, more restrictions are in places for Nigerian/African.

Wip the boss.. I remember when i first came to the island and I went to see wip in the office with my other friend. He told me same thing about publishing papers and doing research (although Wip sir, u didn't get back to me again on sites for the articles.. Anyways I'm past that now.. Lol). Well my curiosity in publishing papers drove up and interest in research landed me a full-time assistant job, and also my thesis is on the way to being my first published article and many more still coming. Truth be told, that is one area, students hardly ask about, all they want is menial jobs that have no contribution to the future except stipends for the present. If you come to this island focused, ur persistent drive will definitely attract Professors to you as some of them are lazy and are usually happy when they see a student ready to work. As for scholars, speaking from the business angle, most of our professors either trained in Us, Uk or Canada and from very good schools, so you are definitely not at loss compared with Nigeria. Emu may not be Harvard or Cambridge but for their level, they are on of the best. Anyways look beyond their laziness here and I must emphasize, DO NOT LISTEN OR GIVE IN TO HEARSAYS OF PEOPLE, people do a lot of that here in the negative, it could run you mad, stay true to your goal. Good luck with your research bro

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
Gsluv:

Wip the boss.. I remember when i first came to the island and I went to see wip in the office with my other friend. He told me same thing about publishing papers and doing research (although Wip sir, u didn't get back to me again on sites for the articles.. Anyways I'm past that now.. Lol). Well my curiosity in publishing papers drove up and interest in research landed me a full-time assistant job, and also my thesis is on the way to being my first published article and many more still coming. Truth be told, that is one area, students hardly ask about, all they want is menial jobs that have no contribution to the future except stipends for the present. If you come to this island focused, ur persistent drive will definitely attract Professors to you as some of them are lazy and are usually happy when they see a student ready to work. As for scholars, speaking from the business angle, most of our professors either trained in Us, Uk or Canada and from very good schools, so you are definitely not at loss compared with Nigeria. Emu may not be Harvard or Cambridge but for their level, they are on of the best. Anyways look beyond their laziness here and I must emphasize, DO NOT LISTEN OR GIVE IN TO HEARSAYS OF PEOPLE, people do a lot of that here in the negative, it could run you mad, stay true to your goal. Good luck with your research bro

Thank you so much for the info! Please can I get a reply from you? I already sent you IM through NL
Re: North Cyprus by Femizi: 12:00am On Feb 24, 2015
wip7:

please explain more about the published articles. I am leaving on Saturday
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 12:42am On Feb 24, 2015
To be honest I have never felt very happy like this in my life about the answer you just gave Dr. Wip not because of the money involved but the value....As a matter of fact my old man is an author and I did a lot of research for him, I was just his PA to summarize, also during my project period at Unilag, I trained to work more like a masters/phd candidate by my supervisor as she told me the usefulness will be later and I may not see it even though I resented it back then...But now my fire has been kindled, and I will strongly take that path. I just have to find a way to sharpen skills and get in line with those Profs....Thnkx again Dr. Wip and believe me I will take that line as it was what hv bin doing for over 5yrs....

I will apprc8 if u could pave a way like showing some sites that could help and any other way I will apprc8, I will take it from there...

Once again may the Lord continues blessing immensely

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:19am On Feb 24, 2015
milesnorthman12:
To be honest I have never felt very happy like this in my life about the answer you just gave Dr. Wip not because of the money involved but the value....As a matter of fact my old man is an author and I did a lot of research for him, I was just his PA to summarize, also during my project period at Unilag, I trained to work more like a masters/phd candidate by my supervisor as she told me the usefulness will be later and I may not see it even though I resented it back then...But now my fire has been kindled, and I will strongly take that path. I just have to find a way to sharpen skills and get in line with those Profs....Thnkx again Dr. Wip and believe me I will take that line as it was what hv bin doing for over 5yrs....

I will apprc8 if u could pave a way like showing some sites that could help and any other way I will apprc8, I will take it from there...

Once again may the Lord continues blessing immensely

For me, I published for the money and the value cos I want to build house and buy molasses from the money. The more research you do the more you are known in your region and the more you may solve issues. No special sites about publishing, their are just some metrics that defines the quality and acceptable journals to publish your work and those are the metrics/standard EMU follows:

1. The journals must either be indexed in SC (science citation), SC-E (science citation expanded), SSC (social science) or Arts and humanities citations...This is very very important one

2. Impact factors (IF), Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) and SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): This tells the level and sometimes the quality of your article if published in journals with those metrics. For example I have 7 articles under Journal of Taiwan inst of chem eng :IF is 2.63 and they offered me certificate and also recently enroll in one of Elseviers editorial team. Attached.

3. The journal must undergo peer-review system

So lots of publishing house ranging from Elsevier, Springer, Cogent, Hindawi, Taylor and Francis fall into these categories...Just get to these publisher sites and follow up on the authors guide....

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 8:39am On Feb 24, 2015
Thankx a lot Dr Wip although I can't stop laughing about the monetary aspect which is true but nothing like being an authority in a field.

Once again thank you very much, I must say you are one of the best mentor one will wish to have, this country called nigeria lacks it so much starting from the institutions both secondary nd tertiary.

God bless you Doctor, now I have a more clear defined and streamlined path.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:44am On Feb 24, 2015
Eureka123:
Wip7, I'm a writer and you really caught my attention when you mentioned article writing. How can I dabble into that in the TRNC?

Hey what do you write on? research works/verifiable research ? lots of resources you can actually make use of....can I see some of your works?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:46am On Feb 24, 2015
awe2015:
Sir Wip7, I just read through this thread again and I read that METU fall application is opened and the application fee could be waved if I applied through you. Please sire how do I go about this. My sponsor will be leaving for UK very soon and he needed to see my progress... I mean physically; on paper. I humbly seek your help on this regard

May I know your CGPA and what program you wish to study? Yes application will be waived if you applied via WIP but WIP will only apply for students that are ready/serious and financially capable to study.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:47am On Feb 24, 2015
Mnewton:
please room i need your help...i wish to apply for m.sc programme in agricultural economics ...i dont know where to start from....my sponsor needs details of the tuition fee (recent) and cost of living...thanks

Try google search for the program in the country of your choice!
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 11:05am On Feb 24, 2015
wip7:

Hey what do you write on? research works/verifiable research ? lots of resources you can actually make use of....can I see some of your works?

I'm more into literary works, and I'm an undergraduate. With your description, I can see such articles are on an entirely different level for me! smiley smiley
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
Eureka123:

I'm more into literary works, and I'm an undergraduate. With your description, I can see such articles are on an entirely different level for me! smiley smiley

hmmmm yeah those described are scientific works done under verifiable procedure and social sciences research conducted in the field.

That does not stop you from working and developing your writing skills. If you have written nice and great stuffs...I know of great publishers that will make your dream come through...although they are very strict and only publish novel and marketable stuffs....In fact, I do have editorial role with them of recent and one of my key objectives is to see African writers up the scale. Their own format or strategy is called open-access where by all readers have access to your work and you will be paid royalty. Try google :degruyter

Find more about them and see how it fits into your literary works...as they deal with novel, textbooks etc
Re: North Cyprus by Tennakin: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
gfer rrtr t
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2015
wip7:

hmmmm yeah those described are scientific works done under verifiable procedure and social sciences research conducted in the field.

That does not stop you from working and developing your writing skills. If you have written nice and great stuffs...I know of great publishers that will make your dream come through...although they are very strict and only publish novel and marketable stuffs....In fact, I do have editorial role with them of recent and one of my key objectives is to see African writers up the scale. Their own format or strategy is called open-access where by all readers have access to your work and you will be paid royalty. Try google :degruyter

Find more about them and see how it fits into your literary works...as they deal with novel, textbooks etc

Thank you so much. I was planning on publishing a novel this forthcoming semester. I heard about a Nigerian in school who got help from the school. I will check out the site you recommended.
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2015
wip7:

May I know your CGPA and what program you wish to study? Yes application will be waived if you applied via WIP but WIP will only apply for students that are ready/serious and financially capable to study.
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
wip7:

Sir I'm interested in applying to study Psychology or Information Technology as an undergraduate. Unfortunately, I am in my final year studies of philosophy in a seminary. So can I apply with my WAEC? And yes, my sponsor is financially strong. How do I go about it...at least to gain admission.
Re: North Cyprus by kungfumaster: 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tennakin:
Hello Wip and everyone, Im curently in North cyprus and Im planning to get married real soon with an American lady...I would love to know if its better to do all the stuffs(marriage and visa stuffs) in Turkey or in Cyprus....
I will be so grateful if you guys can give me positive feedbacks
but you should know that such thing is mostly done back home.
Re: North Cyprus by kungfumaster: 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
Gsluv:

you made nice comment put how do you expect a student to feed or pay some bills when schooling in a foreing country.am glad wip is sincere with his answers but you must understand not everyone can publish in journals with high impact factor.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by nonsooo: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
hi mr wip, yu are really doing well. i want to apply for June admissions at EMU or CIU can i really apply for them
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tennakin:
Hello Wip and everyone, Im curently in North cyprus and Im planning to get married real soon with an American lady...I would love to know if its better to do all the stuffs(marriage and visa stuffs) in Turkey or in Cyprus....
I will be so grateful if you guys can give me positive feedbacks

You can actually marry in any place/country provided you meet the requirements. Since you reside in TRNC it may sound easier or cheaper to do that there. The visa process is long and cumbersome and involves a lot of proofing.....................so may take time!
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2015
kungfumaster:

you made nice comment put how do you expect a student to feed or pay some bills when schooling in a foreing country.am glad wip is sincere with his answers but you must understand not everyone can publish in journals with high impact factor.

The idea is that you have sufficient funds to cover ALL your tuition, accomodation and feeding for the duration of the course.
Turning up and expecting to study and work does not happen.
Turning up and expecting God to provide does not work!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
wip7:

Still expecting a response from you sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.