Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,899 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769149 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by barack32(m): 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
kindly notify me.. My email@alaomubarack2.gmail.com... January
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 9:32am On Dec 07, 2015
adetoola:

@UgMartins1
Please what bank did you use in making the deposit of €1000 Which will allow the school(CIU) to send the unconditional acceptance letter?Skye bank has not be able to do mine for the past 2 weeks. Where did you do yours so that i can go there and do mine also? Thanks
you can use any bank for the form A and you don't have to be a current account holder, you just have to be the sole signatory to that account.
Re: North Cyprus by Joesticks: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello Mr. Wip7

I got admission into EMU for undergraduate studies - B.S Software Engineering.... I prefer Information Technology to that course, what do you think I should do cos i never knew there's B.S in Information Technology in the first place......

Also, I already got an appointment from the embassy slated for 4th January '16 and my intended travel date is 25th January '16 but I think I saw something on this thread that its better to wait till February 20s before traveling over, what do you think I should do about the appointment at the embassy?

Do people love article writers over there too?

Thanks for your prompt response as always....

Best Regards
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Joesticks:
Hello Mr. Wip7

I got admission into EMU for undergraduate studies - B.S Software Engineering.... I prefer Information Technology to that course, what do you think I should do cos i never knew there's B.S in Information Technology in the first place......

Also, I already got an appointment from the embassy slated for 4th January '16 and my intended travel date is 25th January '16 but I think I saw something on this thread that its better to wait till February 20s before traveling over, what do you think I should do about the appointment at the embassy?

Do people love article writers over there too?

Thanks for your prompt response as always....

Best Regards

During the point of registration at the University, you will inform the personnel at the registrar office that you wish to switch from Software Eng to Info tech and that will be done in matter of 10 mins.....so no worries!!!

First your travel date is tentative, one month Visa will be issued to you. For instance, if your appointment is on 4th and visa is issued on 7th Jan..then it expires 6th Feb...so you can travel at least 2days here before it expires. Actually, If you come here in January early final exams will still be on and most students are busy then so no fun or sometimes accommodation issues. However, there lots of accommodation choices now so you can come anything from end of January...that will allow you ample time to gallivant the environment and get ready for the edu-life..

About articles I dont know since I dont actually ask what each person does/do .....so if you are so curious about that, you my put up some survey to know more when you arrive! Even they dont do, nothing stops you from starting it!
Re: North Cyprus by daway: 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
guys, for prospective person(s) seeking admission in TRNC, Cyprus International University is your surest choice. I have my reasons, am not an agent or trying to deceive you. my advice is very simple, its a good thing to apply through agents but at the same time don't allow these agents empty your account all in the name of helping you during the admission process. if any agent charges you more than twenty thousand naira, my brother and sister...email me on this address olabodejohnson@ymail.com I will be honest to help you through the admission process all for a kobo, its up to you to give if you have. NB: for only those applying to Cyprus International University.

I can as well help you out with accommodation for those who do not wish to stay in dormitory, free buses are available so no hard feelings.

all the best y'all.
Re: North Cyprus by Joesticks: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mr. @wip7

Thanks so much for the response sir, i'm so happy for the change of course... Is the tuition fee going to change as well?

Thanks once again...
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2015
Joesticks:
Mr. @wip7

Thanks so much for the response sir, i'm so happy for the change of course... Is the tuition fee going to change as well?

Thanks once again...

Yes, tuition will be adjusted to the new program you enrolled for!
Re: North Cyprus by Joesticks: 11:38am On Dec 08, 2015
Okay,thank you.... But I guess that's going to be after the first session right? I mean the change in fees cos the letter is issued already.....
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Good pm@mr wip7&everyone in this room,am over loyal to u all,i wanted to apply for euc for spring semster next year,but the so called agent asked my dad for 150k for processing,i asked my dad not to pay so we forget about the processing,but next year i want to apply for nursing,i go lyk apply for emu and eul incase anyone favour me but my waec isnt that good,i got 4B's in chem,phy,biology ,phy then C in eng,please mke ona help me out,thanks,keep d wonderful work,there is a reward in heaven ...
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
@mr wip and others help me out with processing next year,thanks in advance,am currently a level 200 student of animal&environmental biology uniport,i dnt lyk d course,my friend in euc told me that i shouldnt waste my tym going to any school in north cyprus that there certificate is as that of uniport,eida i skul fr south or complete d course i dey do for uniport,mr wip nd u al wats ur opinon?tnks
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Presh18:
@mr wip and others help me out with processing next year,thanks in advance,am currently a level 200 student of animal&environmental biology uniport,i dnt lyk d course,my friend in euc told me that i shouldnt waste my tym going to any school in north cyprus that there certificate is as that of uniport,eida i skul fr south or complete d course i dey do for uniport,mr wip nd u al wats ur opinon?tnks
In terms of ranking and even standard,the worst university so far I know in Cyprus,uniport is not half near it.so that statement from your friend is out from them say or from those who are frustrated.
In terms of work,it's not easy to get in Cyprus and I can say generally abroad especially when you are a student but if you have a sponsor and can afford the fees nd living expenses then it's not a move you will regret.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
Presh18:
Good pm@mr wip7&everyone in this room,am over loyal to u all,i wanted to apply for euc for spring semster next year,but the so called agent asked my dad for 150k for processing,i asked my dad not to pay so we forget about the processing,but next year i want to apply for nursing,i go lyk apply for emu and eul incase anyone favour me but my waec isnt that good,i got 4B's in chem,phy,biology ,phy then C in eng,please mke ona help me out,thanks,keep d wonderful work,there is a reward in heaven ...
Your result is not that bad to be scared of not getting admitted and also if you can get your transcript some semester might be exempted for you.
if anyone is considering schooling in north Cyprus,should consider emu or Neu or Ciu unless the desired course is not offered by the above mentioned schools.
You came to the right place to get first hand information from those that know what they are saying....
Good luck with you future hunt
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
penroll55:

Answer the question he asked here and stop the send me a mail or trying to recruit student cus of your pocket.
There is nothing different with you and agents in Nigeria that ask for money cus they don't tell the student the truth as wip do.
Someone will ask a question the next thing is send me your document or message me privately.
No one is saying don't market yourself but explain to the student and if they so wish to go ahead them better,be it free or not cus the fees is not cheap expecially now dollar is extremely higher than naira.
The only time you are here is to ask for documents even if the person is asking of emu u want to convince the person for Neu but never contribute to people's problem or questions.

Rightly said Penrol. Its not about send me an email or send me documents. Over the years most of the students have suffered from agents located in Nigeria and those mini-agents located in Cyprus. Applicants must be aware of the current scenario including the living conditions, availability of jobs, educational standard, life after studies.

@godsong,

I like to tell you that this thread has been maintained since 2009 and I will appreciate that you desist from this send me this and that without answering direct questions of the applicants. Also, only answer general questions thrown to this thread or directed to you, pls dont reply any question directed to other posters or else I will get you reported and you will get banned from this particular thread.

godsong:
send me an email and if you can get you transcript it would be good so you don't start from afresh, you will be exempted from some courses , send the email to godsong29@gmail.com and it's free of charge.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
Presh18:

Penroll has replied you and I vouch for his response. Your friend that compares Uniport to Cyprus is either one of those that travel with idea of picking gold on the street of foreign countries, one of those that want skyscrapers or those that do not really know the meaning of education.

Studying involves, standardization of teaching curriculum, relevancy of the curriculum to modern educational system, facilities, cleanliness of the environment, serene campus, quality of the instructors etc. In terms of Accommodation, curriculum, educational facilities, cleanliness, instructor ratings, research output and paper publications in recognized impact journals you cant compare any Nigeria universities to the worst university in North Cyprus. Please note this, I have experienced education in Nigeria, North Cyprus, Germany during my academic life and I know what am saying and what I have seen.
Its a choice you may have to make....spend your time to do more research online based on those matrices I have mentioned and decide...
Also your grades are okay and can be approved for credit-transfer!

Best wishes.

penroll55:

In terms of ranking and even standard,the worst university so far I know in Cyprus,uniport is not half near it.do that is just a statement from your friend out from them say or from those who are frustrated.
In terms of work,it's not easy to get in Cyprus and I can generally abroad especially when you are a student but if you have a sponsor and can afford the fees nd living expenses then it's not a move you will regret.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
Thanks u all i appreciate,pls between emu,neu nd euc(south)which is best for nursing undergraduate?@wip nd everyone? bkus d agent told my dad dat euc is best bt d fees is 1.5mil per year fr nursing and dat is mre recognsd nd plus sure job oportunities,is it tru?and lastly hpe no racism?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
Presh18:
Thanks u all i appreciate,pls between emu,neu nd euc(south)which is best for nursing undergraduate?@wip nd everyone? bkus d agent told my dad dat euc is best bt d fees is 1.5mil per year fr nursing and dat is mre recognsd nd plus sure job oportunities,is it tru?and lastly hpe no racism?

Racism is every where, including in Nigeria so learn to live with it and since you have adapted to it in Nigeria you will adapt to Racism anywhere provided you play by the rule of the land and focus on why you traveled out.

Something that causes racist behavior I have noticed in Cyprus emanated from some set of people/national:

1. Some landlords/landlady dont want to rent house for some nationality becos most of the people from this country shout a lot, make too much noise, play music too loud, turn their rented room to church or musical centers.

2. Many are too dirty, use kitchen utensils and leave them rotten at the central kitchen, some cook food that bring offensive odor to others.

3. Fraud (yahoo-yahoo) and other forms of scams

4. Unauthorized drug use and drug-pushing related activities

5. Some lack of respect for rule of law and disrespect to elders

6. Some their parents sent them money to pay tuition fees and they use it to rent cars even if they are not going anywhere and after that they will be wanting the university to allow them pay in installment or do provisional registrations.

So some of the above mentioned points, led some of the Cypriot to be racist or generalize when they see people of particular nationality. ...points above is what I have seen in Cyprus (its my personal observation, one-to-one interview with Cypriot and personal experience...does not mean is general and universally true).

EMU does not offer nursing program in English Language currently, so you can consider NEU, EUC, and others that offer the program in English. As I have mentioned to you earlier you dont need agent to spoonfeed you...you have computer stroll to the website of the university u want, check for their accreditation regarding the course you want, course curriculum, facilities they have and soft skills they offer in that program and possible credentials or experience or CV or of the instructors.

Admission processing is free for most schools unless does with non-refundable application fees and processes are simply written on the university website...so what took you to agent first I dont know...If you think you cannot do this simple research then simply pay the agent the 150k to do the research for you.

What you should consider are more pressing, to be practical with you: If you must study Nursing in South Cyprus, kindly budget the following per year:

3.0 -3.5 M naira inclusive of Tuition fees, accommodation in shared apartment and simple living style (expenses).

For North Cyprus: 2.0-2.5M yearly for tuition, accommodation and moderate living style.

If you dont have this amount yearly or no stable sponsor to pay up this every year, pls dont come to Cyprus.....

Have a great day!
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2015
Thanks mr wip ,is kinda huge thu,i wonder how much medicine would be sf,lol,no 50% scholarship in neu and euc?,and the amounts you mentioned do it include's my fees,accommodation and feeding per year?2 years ago when i was 16 i wanted to go study in india but after getting admission in university of delhi and after doing other things i feared going to india because i discovered that they rape alot and sometimes when they rape they kill,abuse and molest women alot,they have no regard for women and they see them as nothing they have no say,although i knew i wont be raped because i know the God i serve but i was scared for others because i hate that word rape and molestation against women,even a male family friend in india warned me not to come to india because rape cases are common there,that even if i still want to come that around 6 pm i should be preparing to leave the street then around 7pm should be in my hostel till the next day because is not safe for women,please mr wip and others please hope cyprus is safe for women?my female friend who is in india is asking me if she can do transfer from her school university of delhi to emu cyprus that shes scared and can no longer stay in india again that women are been treated like pieces of rag and they have no say,they are been molested and no justice for them that around 7:30pm sharp shes out of the city/street and by 8pm shes in the hostel,and she was almost raped one day because she entered the wrong taxi.shes tired of india so i suggested emu for her,please hope cyprus is safe for women?because am a lady too,thanks and how can she do transfer of school to emu,pharmacy?thanks
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2015
Presh18:
Thanks mr,is kinda huge thu,i wnda aw mch medicine wud be sf,lol,no 50% scholarship in neu nd euc,nd d amounts u mentind duz it includes my fees,acomdation nd feding per year?2 years ago wen i ws 16 i wntd to go study in india bt aftr getn admin in uni of delhi nd afta doing other tyns i feared going to india bkus i dscvad dat dy rape alot nd sumtyms wen dy rape dy kil,abuse nd molest women alot,dy ve no regard fr wman nd dy see dm as ntn dy ve no say,athu i knw i wnt b raped cus i no d God i serve bt i was scared fr odas cus i hate dat word rape nd molestatn aganst wman,evn ovr fam frd in india warnd me nt cum to india bkus rape cases re comon dere dat evn if i stil wnt to cum arund 6 pm i shud b od d stret dn arund 7pm i shud b in my hostel til d next day cus is nt safe fr women,pls mr wip nd odaz pls hpe cyprus is safe fr women?my fmle frd wu is in india is asking me if she cn do transfer frm her skul uni of delhi to emu cyprus dat shes scard nd cn no lnga stay in india agan dt wmen are ben treatd lyk pieces of rag nd dy ve no say.dy are bn molested nd no justice nd arund 7:30 sharp shes out of d city nd 8pm shes n d hostel,nd she ws almst raped one day bkus she entad d wrng taxi.shes tird of india so i sugstd emu fr her,pls hpe cyprus is safe fr women?cus am a lady too,tnks nd aw can she do transfr of skul to emu,pharmacy?tnks

Can anyone tell what language this is written in?
It is not English!
I do not comment on language or spelling to be petty.
The above seems to be just very idle use of text speak and lazy spelling.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:26am On Dec 11, 2015
Presh18:
Thanks mr,is kinda huge thu,i wnda aw mch medicine wud be sf,lol,no 50% scholarship in neu nd euc,nd d amounts u mentind duz it includes my fees,acomdation nd feding per year?2 years ago wen i ws 16 i wntd to go study in india bt aftr getn admin in uni of delhi nd afta doing other tyns i feared going to india bkus i dscvad dat dy rape alot nd sumtyms wen dy rape dy kil,abuse nd molest women alot,dy ve no regard fr wman nd dy see dm as ntn dy ve no say,athu i knw i wnt b raped cus i no d God i serve bt i was scared fr odas cus i hate dat word rape nd molestatn aganst wman,evn ovr fam frd in india warnd me nt cum to india bkus rape cases re comon dere dat evn if i stil wnt to cum arund 6 pm i shud b od d stret dn arund 7pm i shud b in my hostel til d next day cus is nt safe fr women,pls mr wip nd odaz pls hpe cyprus is safe fr women?my fmle frd wu is in india is asking me if she cn do transfer frm her skul uni of delhi to emu cyprus dat shes scard nd cn no lnga stay in india agan dt wmen are ben treatd lyk pieces of rag nd dy ve no say.dy are bn molested nd no justice nd arund 7:30 sharp shes out of d city nd 8pm shes n d hostel,nd she ws almst raped one day bkus she entad d wrng taxi.shes tird of india so i sugstd emu fr her,pls hpe cyprus is safe fr women?cus am a lady too,tnks nd aw can she do transfr of skul to emu,pharmacy?tnks
You expected us to straine our eyes and brain just to read and understand this post of yours right??
As a student you should stop using such way of writing because it won't help in any way but reduce your writing and spelling ability, also even in a serious situation you won't know when you will writing using such abbreviations.
This is not text message where you trying to reduce the number of pages because of cost....just my 2 cent of advice though.
Rewrite what you wrote above in a way we can understand and we will respond accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2015
worry359:

Can anyone tell what language this is written in?
It is not English!
I do not comment on language or spelling to be petty.
The above seems to be just very idle use of text speak and lazy spelling.
It is Nigeria shorthand language
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 10:45am On Dec 11, 2015
penroll55:

It is Nigeria shorthand language
Sorry no
It's idle youth text speak. They can not even be bothered to type words in full.
This should be stamped out.
Can you picture them applying for a job with that rubbish?
Some think it clever, like the childish fashion for silly blackberry characters in posts!
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2015
Guys you all do not need to be rude na,okey let me rewrite it,and am sorry guys,but the words you guys used on me indirectly is not right,it seems you guys are abusive,is not how to correct someone.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2015
Presh18:
Guys you all do not need to be rude na,okey let me rewrite it,and am sorry guys,but the words you guys used on me indirectly is not right,it seems you guys are abusive,is not how to correct someone.
Read my post again and you will see I advice you not insult,but if you take advice as insult then my apologies....next time will pass it.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Not for you mr wip, you corrected me,they know themselves that's why they did not reply my message,my phone is not good its hanging its slow thats why&you know how anoying that can be,please i have modified the message and have written in full please check it and reply me,thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
Presh18:
Thanks mr wip ,is kinda huge thu,i wonder how much medicine would be sf,lol,no 50% scholarship in neu and euc?,and the amounts you mentioned do it include's my fees,accommodation and feeding per year?

Yes, its expensive to study abroad due to exchange rate and many other factors but the experience and skills will really worth it. Yes the amount I mentioned in my earlier post is an estimate that may allow you to plan well before traveling abroad. The actual fees will be quoted on your acceptance letter and accommodation on the University fees. So its an estimate not exact total amount.

2 years ago when i was 16 i wanted to go study in india but after getting admission in university of delhi and after doing other things i feared going to india because i discovered that they rape alot and sometimes when they rape they kill,abuse and molest women alot,they have no regard for women and they see them as nothing they have no say,although i knew i wont be raped because i know the God i serve but i was scared for others because i hate that word rape and molestation against women,even a male family friend in india warned me not to come to india because rape cases are common there,that even if i still want to come that around 6 pm i should be preparing to leave the street then around 7pm should be in my hostel till the next day because is not safe for women,please mr wip and others please hope cyprus is safe for women?

Cyprus is quite, crime rate is quite low cos you cant escape in Island and free of rape as far as I know, the libido of the guys in Cyprus is very low. You can trek 24hrs within Cyprus. However, I think rape is possible if you are drunk and you sleep in a monster house or if you go and visit monster with uncontrollable libido. No known national reports on rape case since I have been living in Cyprus.

my female friend who is in india is asking me if she can do transfer from her school university of delhi to emu cyprus that shes scared and can no longer stay in india again that women are been treated like pieces of rag and they have no say,they are been molested and no justice for them that around 7:30pm sharp shes out of the city/street and by 8pm shes in the hostel,and she was almost raped one day because she entered the wrong taxi.shes tired of india so i suggested emu for her,please hope cyprus is safe for women?because am a lady too,thanks and how can she do transfer of school to emu,pharmacy?thanks

Your friend can transfer to EMU, ask her to get her current student transcript, olevel result, international passport and photo passport. Let her be aware of the tuition fees for her program and she can also read more on this thread about life in Cyprus. She does not need paid-agent to do the transfer after she is ready she can visit EMU website and if she has a single problem she can come here for help on guidance!

If there is anything you are not clear of, let me know!

Best wishes!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.