Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768877 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
benson3788:

Is paying my school fee this july ending late?
Is my 50% grant effective throughout my academic years at EMU OR just for this semester?
What personal details should I provide on the TELEX while paying my school fees, and how long will I wait to get the payment confirmation?
If I were asked at the interview why the admission was not given in my new SURNAME, what do I tell them?

Thank you!

You can pay your fees till august end but the earlier the better. Pay with your full name and acceptance reference number. Scholarship is for entire study period. Tell them why you changed your surname if asked.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
benson3788:

which one is the conditional & unconditional letter?
Should one book a flight before interview?
The conditional letter also know as admission letter is the first letter that was issue to you when you receive an offer from your institution
Why the unconditional letter is the letter that will be issue to you after you after fulfill the condition stated in the offer letter by paying your tuition fees.
As for the flight ticket, i don't think it's compulsory.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by niceTunde: 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hello wip7, please answer my question.
Re: North Cyprus by INTERALIA(m): 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hmmm. North Cyprus!. A no-go place for the hustlers. Many poor Nigerians are so miserable there. Only for the rich and averagely rich only. Very limited opportunities. Even the citizens are in dire need of Jobs. Not fit to be called Europe because the citizens look like Pakistanis. Not white people but red people. But very good and peaceful place to read and make a First Class. Very great for studies. If you wanna travel to any place in the world,go ask Immigration officers at the airport first,they'll advise you accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hello Mr. Wip, please i need your help with the visa application form. I need u to send me a format in order to fill the form. There are some questions that are confusing. Kindly help out please.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
togsonkaks: Hello Mr. Wip, please i need your help with the visa application form. I need u to send me a format in order to fill the form. There are some questions that are confusing. Kindly help out please.

Type the confusing questions here so others will know from it as well.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:15am On Jul 17, 2013
Here is details of possible questions that might be confusing to new students applying for visa interview.
NB: THE NUMBERS IS ACCORDINGLY AS IT IS NUMBERED ON THE APPLICATION FORM

1. your surname as in intl passport
2. skip it
3. your name or names as written on your intl passport
5. Put nothing here
7. The city and country you were born.
13. here tick ordinary passport
21. Tick transit
22. Tick single entry
23. Write few days
27. Tick other and write for studies.
28. Date you will get TO Cyprus(you can access how long will take from Nigeria to Cyprus via online flight booking).
29. Date you intend leaving Nigeria
30. Write Turkey
31. Write flight
33. write the address of the School you going,the school telephone number and E-mail.

Thats all i think new applicant might find difficult or confusing.
Wish you all luck....

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 17, 2013
penroll55: Here is details of possible questions that might be confusing to new students applying for visa interview.
NB: THE NUMBERS IS ACCORDINGLY AS IT IS NUMBERED ON THE APPLICATION FORM

1. your surname as in intl passport
2. skip it
3. your name or names as written on your intl passport
5. Put nothing here
7. The city and country you were born.
13. here tick ordinary passport
21. Tick transit
22. Tick single entry
23. Write few days
27. Tick other and write for studies.
28. Date you will get TO Cyprus(you can access how long will take from Nigeria to Cyprus via online flight booking).
29. Date you intend leaving Nigeria
30. Write Turkey
31. Write flight
32. write the address of the School you going,the school telephone number and E-mail.

Thats all i think new applicant might find difficult or confusing.
Wish you all luck....
. Thanks alot sir. But that number 23, u said few days, but it shouldnt be less than 4years. That should be 1460days. What do u think?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
togsonkaks: . Thanks alot sir. But that number 23, u said few days, but it shouldnt be less than 4years. That should be 1460days. What do u think?

Just write FEW DAYS there son!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
wip7:

Just write FEW DAYS there son!
.lol. Ok Dad.
Re: North Cyprus by niceTunde: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
What Have i done?
Nobody wanna answer my Question.
Have EMU send list to Embassy?
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 6:25am On Jul 18, 2013
@wip7,pls kindly help contact the registrar,i've made payment 4 over 2weeks now but i've nt gotten my confirmatn letter yet.I have sent my details 2 u twice.Pls help check cos my sponsor is so worry .Tanx
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2013
@wip7,i used someones dorm acct. nd the persons name was the ordering customer while my name nd ref no was on purpose of payment.Pls kindly help me crosscheck cos i've sent d telex nd accep letter 2 d registrar. Pls am waiting 4 ur reply
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
olasco_akon: @wip7,i used someones dorm acct. nd the persons name was the ordering customer while my name nd ref no was on purpose of payment.Pls kindly help me crosscheck cos i've sent d telex nd accep letter 2 d registrar. Pls am waiting 4 ur reply

Doubt if Mr wip7 is in kibris now.... Drop ur full name, mayb one can help u check tomao and be calm your money is safe.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
Temas:

Doubt if Mr wip7 is in kibris now.... Drop ur full name, mayb one can help u check tomao and be calm your money is safe.

Hmmmm i will return to Island today and would leave for Japan in 2days..hope u ar good!

olasco_akon: @wip7,i used someones dorm acct. nd the persons name was the ordering customer while my name nd ref no was on purpose of payment.Pls kindly help me crosscheck cos i've sent d telex nd accep letter 2 d registrar. Pls am waiting 4 ur reply

I know you are an agent...cos i got your details but it does not match with the real student....Most agents come here to steal info and sell to their clients...the worst is that the agents still claim to be genuine reader here and instead of them to disclose it even if they email me (if agent email me, is better to disclose who you are than claiming who you are not)! Anyway send me your client slip, would speak with Account tmr.
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=wip7]

Hmmmm i will return to Island today and would leave for Japan in 2days..hope u ar good!

yes sir very Good.... just this kibris sun..... have a nice flight sir.......and bring anything they have in Japan come oooo....
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
@mr wip7,i'm nt an agent ,i am a prospective student but an agent is d one helping 2 process d admission.I'm on dis thread 2 no if d agent is tryin 2 scam me in one way or the other.So my original docs ar wit him i only av photocopy but my ref no is 400-503.2.1-3701.Bsc econs. Pls kindly help i'm genuine
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
@mr wip7,u said u have my details dat it's nt the same with d student "please help me explain dis cos i want 2 no if my admission is genuine .I've sent u all my details on dis forum. Pls am nt an agent.The travelling agent told me he has sent d telex receipt nd acceptance letter 2 d registrar.Pls help me follow dis up.Like i said i'm nt an agent am genuine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
olasco_akon: @mr wip7,u said u have my details dat it's nt the same with d student "please help me explain dis cos i want 2 no if my admission is genuine .I've sent u all my details on dis forum. Pls am nt an agent.The travelling agent told me he has sent d telex receipt nd acceptance letter 2 d registrar.Pls help me follow dis up.Like i said i'm nt an agent am genuine

okay let the agent wait for the confirmation letter from the university.
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
wip7:

okay let the agent wait for the confirmation letter from the university.
@mr wip7,my oga at the top I hail youooooooooooooo,pls,i need clarification on this, in my admission letter I saw where it is written that there will be English proficiency exam on the 26 and 27th September, does it mean that those of us from Nigeria who have gotten our bsc with English as the medium of studies during the undergraduate are expected to participate in this exam........Again,my department stated that am gonna write an exemption exam on Econ 201 but up tillnow I have seen any schedule as regards the time table for the exam,though I marked this course 'A' IN MY 200 LEVEL,do you have idea of the said time for this exam ,pls can u help me check bruv...... just to put jaraaaaaa,this ur flexing of rounding the world,abeg ugo put me up the track......lolz
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
princetoochi:
@mr wip7,my oga at the top I hail youooooooooooooo,pls,i need clarification on this, in my admission letter I saw where it is written that there will be English proficiency exam on the 26 and 27th September, does it mean that those of us from Nigeria who have gotten our bsc with English as the medium of studies during the undergraduate are expected to participate in this exam........Again,my department stated that am gonna write an exemption exam on Econ 201 but up tillnow I have seen any schedule as regards the time table for the exam,though I marked this course 'A' IN MY 200 LEVEL,do you have idea of the said time for this exam ,pls can u help me check bruv...... just to put jaraaaaaa,this ur flexing of rounding the world,abeg ugo put me up the track......lolz

The details of exams will be mailed to you if you applied directly for the admission weeks before the exams. Mostly the exam will be written before classes start (before 30th Sept)and you are advised to come before the exam. Nigerians are exempted from English exams. If you have passed the same course then you have to show the Dean before you write the exam.
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
fados4sure:
The conditional letter also know as admission letter is the first letter that was issue to you when you receive an offer from your institution
Why the unconditional letter is the letter that will be issue to you after you after fulfill the condition stated in the offer letter by paying your tuition fees.
As for the flight ticket, i don't think it's compulsory.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
olasco_akon: @mr wip7,u said u have my details dat it's nt the same with d student "please help me explain dis cos i want 2 no if my admission is genuine .I've sent u all my details on dis forum. Pls am nt an agent.The travelling agent told me he has sent d telex receipt nd acceptance letter 2 d registrar.Pls help me follow dis up.Like i said i'm nt an agent am genuine

Have you received the confirmation letter? send me your telex again...and where is your agent?
Re: North Cyprus by Gboyus40: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello, Mr Wip. Am glad to meet u here, am here to seek ur advice. I'm almost done with B.Sc Biochemistry (3rd year out of 4 years) and I wish to study medicine after my B.Sc in biochemistry. Just want to seek your advice on how to get scholarship and admission in EMU after my B.Sc.
Meanwhile, am a first class student and will be looking forward for ur reply!
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
[....
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gboyus40: Hello, Mr Wip. Am glad to meet u here, am here to seek ur advice. I'm almost done with B.Sc Biochemistry (3rd year out of 4 years) and I wish to study medicine after my B.Sc in biochemistry. Just want to seek your advice on how to get scholarship and admission in EMU after my B.Sc.
Meanwhile, am a first class student and will be looking forward for ur reply!

Unfortunately EMU does not offer scholarship for her medical program. We have age limit of 25yrs for undergraduate studies in EMU. Fees for one year medicine is 15,600USD. You need to score below 16 points in your olevel to be admitted into Medicine in EMU irrespective of your current level of education. You may look at South America medical university which is cheaper and may admit you into MD1...
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
@mr wip7,i've received my confirmation letter.Pls mr wip7 when wil d university send d 1st batches of names 2 d embassy.Tanx sir(u've been of gr8 help )
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
olasco_akon: @mr wip7,i've received my confirmation letter.Pls mr wip7 when wil d university send d 1st batches of names 2 d embassy.Tanx sir(u've been of gr8 help )

First batch sent many weeks back, 2nd batch sent as well and 3rd batch in 10days time. You dont need to know when any batch is sent, just apply to Turkish embassy for appointment.
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
wip7:

First batch sent many weeks back, 2nd batch sent as well and 3rd batch in 10days time. You dont need to know when any batch is sent, just apply to Turkish embassy for appointment.
@Mr Wip7 please, kindly advice on this, is it true that the students does not need to book an appointment again with the turkisk embassy before going to submit their docs, also,is true that there is nothing like interview again?i heard that all you need is to go with your docs on Monday, they will collect it from you then on Wednesday, you go back and collect ur visa, please clarify this issue .......House, any idea on this will be appreciated,Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.