Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Seun You Need To Work On This... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun You Need To Work On This... (1729 Views)

Seun You Are Religionist! / FCMB Bank Staff Killed By A Car While Heading To Work (graphic Image) / Movie Crew Wanted,i Need Help On A Movie I Want To Work On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun You Need To Work On This... by Drienzia: 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
Over the time, I have tried searching things on this forum and the result ain't just accurate... Why na?

How can someone search University of Benin, and you'd start seeing every thing concerning university? University this university that.. Or searching for Delta state, and you'd see ... State of emergency... State ..state and state...

Pls try and see to this... cry
Lalaticlala ...talk to ur boss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by feodan: 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
if u search a word with capital letter all u gonna see is capital letters
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Kalatium(m): 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Drienzia:
Over the time, I have tried searching things on this forum and the result ain't just accurate... Why na?

How can someone search University of Benin, and you'd start seeing every thing concerning university? University this university that.. Or searching for Delta state, and you'd see ... State of emergency... State ..state and state...

Pls try and see to this... cry
This matter is serious, the search button is not specific
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Drienzia: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
feodan:
if u search a word with capital letter all u gonna see is capital letters
Exactly... Its not encouraging at all... Later they'd start asking you to switch to google if u don't mind... As if I no see google before I decide to check am for NL

2 Likes

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Temmytea70(m): 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
I concur
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by feodan: 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
Drienzia:
Exactly... Its not encouraging at all... Later they'd start asking you to switch to google if u don't mind... As if I no see google before I decide to check am for NL
He really need to work on this call d moderators 2 attract their attention 2 it.
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Drienzia: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
feodan:
He really need to work on this call d moderators 2 attract their attention 2 it.
Done that already
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by momentarylapse: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
Come seun....why is the forum currently so unstable? And why can't you start allowing peeps tag large videos to their posts through an upgrade?

And why the _fuck was I able to accidentally log into some guys sammyguzzie or whatever account even though I don't have his password and don't know him!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by feodan: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
Drienzia:
Done that already
9ice 1 bro, seun self dey read dis trend
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Afonjas: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nairaland is not google

you can write something about the university on here so that others can search and see it
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by feodan: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
seun talk nah , watin u go do 2 help us , dis search engine no good
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Seun(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
momentarylapse:
Come seun....why is the forum currently so unstable?
Tell me more about this instability. I are you referring to the too many redirects issue on the home page seen on some networks?

And why can't you start allowing peeps tag large videos to their posts through an upgrade?
Hosting bills, I guess. What s the source of the videos? Can they be hosted on YouTube?

And why the _fuck was I able to accidentally log into some guys sammyguzzie or whatever account even though I don't have his password and don't know him!
That really should be impossible. What network were you on when this happened?
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Tomtoxic: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
seun really needs to look into it the nairaland search does not help at all at times U wonder why it's even there
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by feodan: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
Afonjas:
Nairaland is not google
I am also an Afonjas DAT y , I no yab u
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by McBrooklyn(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2016

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Afonjas: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
feodan:
I am also an Afonjas DAT y , I no yab u

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Drienzia: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Afonjas:
Nairaland is not google

you can write something about the university on here so that others can search and see it

3 Likes

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Drienzia: 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:

Tell me more about this instability. I are you referring to the too many redirects issue on the home page seen on some networks?

Hosting bills, I guess. What s the source of the videos? Can they be hosted on YouTube?

What about the search issue? We know NL ain't google, buh u can still try na
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by momentarylapse: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:

Glo....happened this morning......I just weak! And yes the redirects are an issue....plus the max for pictures is 4mb and 250kb for other files!

Sometimes you just want to take a video of your current location and then attach it to your post...that kind of thing!
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Tallesty1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:

It's either he bought a used phone or someone accessed nairaland with his phone.
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Drienzia: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun ... See what I'm talking about. We know this ain't Google, buh something can still happen

2 Likes

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
undecided
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Zdoh(m): 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
It is very important issue i know is very reasonable man. He is going to look into it but not an issue to be address immediately.
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Seun(m): 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
Drienzia:
Seun ... See what I'm talking about. We know this ain't Google, buh something can still happen
Sorry. It's how forum search normally works. What kind of results were you expecting, exactly, for that search term? (Honest question)
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Mimzyy(f): 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:

Tell me more about this instability. I are you referring to the too many redirects ...

Good evening. Is it possible to have 'unlike' icon added to the rest?

1 Like

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Seun(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Mimzyy:
Good evening. Is it possible to have 'unlike' icon added to the rest?
Not really. If you don't like a post, post a reply explaining what you have against it, and people who feel the same way will like your reply.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
If you want to get accurate results on your search, don't search on nairaland directly. Go to google, type the key words and add nairaland. For example , 'university of Benin nairaland'. All topics relating to uniben that has been discussed on NL will come up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Seun(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
The site search is not like google. But it has some strong advantages. It complements the google type of search.
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Drienzia: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:

Sorry. It's how forum search normally works. What kind of results were you expecting, exactly, for that search term? (Honest question)
like the full words I searched for.. E.g Mohammed buhari... Should show Muhammad buhari... Not... Buhari is the ... Or Mohammad was from bla bla bla.... Don know if it's possible though
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
seun what happens to the size bbcode? Example: [size=16] Nairaland [/size] is not working and previous post that have the tags are not working also.
Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by Seun(m): 12:23am On Dec 13, 2016
FriendChoice:
seun what happens to the size bbcode? Example: [size=16] Nairaland [/size] is not working and previous post that have the tags are not working also.
The maximum size is now 12pt because people were abusing the feature.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seun You Need To Work On This... by DonX001: 11:26am On Dec 13, 2016
Seun:
The site search is not like google. But it has some strong advantages. It complements the google type of search.

Pray tell, what are these advantages of Nairaland's own search??
Cos I've never seen a single advantage of it.
For me, (and it seems for many others too), its just one annoying, grossly dysfunctional feature that I just bypass and go straight to google search with the search query "site:Nairaland.com ________" if I want to get only results from Nairaland.

If there are any advantages of the Nairaland's own search feature, kindly educate me and any other persons that may be reading this thread later on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Most Annoying Sound? / Trivia: What Would You Do?(answer Sincerely) / #fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.