Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,661 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time (54708 Views)

This Is What Will Happen If Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or This Night / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 9:15am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

See this slowpoke calling me a coward. Did any RINALDO play for ARGENTINA? I don't know of any Rinaldo of Argentina descent. I don't answer foolish question.
Okay what are Ronaldo's individual achievements with Portugal?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Apoztl3(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:
Ronaldo- 824 games, 567 goals, 189 assists
Messi- 666 games, 532 goals, 223 assists

Decide for yourself. However, there are other stats like chances created, accurate through balls, long balls completed. This is what matters
Receive sense naa
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Okay what are Ronaldo's individual achievements with Portugal?

Champions, Euro 2016, which is a major tournament to FIFA. Need I tell you he was their top scorer in the tourney and do find out his number of assists too in the tourney.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by chris20000: 9:19am On Dec 13, 2016
Lanceslot:
Boy there is difference meeting English teams in champion league and playing in england, if you doubt me ask Pep Guardola. No Pep team has ever conceded 3 goals back to back but he did with Mancity.
for those of you saying messi should go to England,I wonder when England became yardstick for measuring the best players,the last time I checked the best players in football history non of them played in England,secondly messi leaving Barcelona to join any team in England means he is going backwards,the only club better than Barcelona now is Madrid.Even if he decides to come to England who said he will not perform when the likes of aguero,Mata,Silva,costs,yaya,(name them) excelled,those that were bowing to him when they were in Spain.Some even go to the extent of saying he won't dribble defenders in England as he does in Spain that they will break his leg and you people are proud to say it,well thank God he is not going to England,he should go to WWE whenever he is done playing football since they specialize in breaking people's leg.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by robosky02(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2016
LMAyedun:
I hate Ronaldo like I hate APC

but you have to live with it

Ronaldo is in POWER like APC is in power

grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 9:24am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Champions, Euro 2016, which is a major tournament to FIFA. Need I tell you he was their top scorer in the tourney and do find out his number of assists too in the tourney.

You don't know the meaning of individual achievements or honors?? Okay lemme put it this way to make it clearer, tell me the individual awards he has collected in international football...
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Troubleking: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2016
Detoni:
ehn ehn....when they were thoroughly flogged by Bayern in d semi-finals, who pulled them thru in d second leg? When Ronaldo scored against Wales nko? You think its only to score in finals abi?
which Bayern? Please be sure of what you are saying. Ronaldo only scored against Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo, Roma and Wolfsburg in the UCL, and none of them qualified for the current UCL season. That's how 'good' they were. 16 goals against them, the majority against Malmo. Have you heard of Malmo before? What happened to the other three teams?

With Portugal, same thing. 6 matches played, Ronaldo only showed up against Hungary and Wales. Their best player went missing in the other games, including the final before he got injured.

Ronaldo is a good player, no doubt. But he hardly ever impacts a game if he doesn't score, and last season he simply rode on the efforts of others to get trophies. He gets an award for being the popular guy in Madrid that won the UCL and Portugal that won the Euros.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Rexnegro(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Decide for yourself. However, there are other stats like chances created, accurate through balls, long balls completed. This is what matters
and cr7 first messi start professional football still messi still better him overall in stats. that's What You become when You re a team player and not a self glory hunter extremely proud player who don't care if his teammates does well as long he score even if his team loses. messi for me in my opinion is the greatest player ever weda or not he wins copa America or worldcup.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

You don't know the meaning of individual achievements or honors?? Okay lemme put it this way to make it clearer, tell me the individual awards he has collected in international football...

Read yourself again. What is the difference btw individual awards he has collected in international football and what I listed? You need help.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2016
Troubleking:
which Bayern? Please be sure of what you are saying. Ronaldo only scored against Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo, Roma and Wolfsburg in the UCL, and none of them qualified for the current UCL season. That's how 'good' they were. 16 goals against them, the majority against Malmo. Have you heard of Malmo before? What happened to the other three teams?

With Portugal, same thing. 6 matches played, Ronaldo only showed up against Hungary and Wales. Their best player went missing in the other games, including the final before he got injured.

Ronaldo is a good player, no doubt. But he hardly ever impacts a game if he doesn't score, and last season he simply rode on the efforts of others to get trophies. He gets an award for being the popular guy in Madrid that won the UCL and Portugal that won the Euros.

Ronaldo scored two goals against Bayern Munich in Allianz Arena. Say what you know.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Read yourself again. What is the difference btw individual awards he has collected in international football and what I listed? You need help.
Awards... Not team honors, individual... Like MVP or golden boot
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Troubleking: 10:22am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Ronaldo scored two goals against Bayern Munich in Allianz Arena. Say what you know.
do you have short term memory or are you just terribly ignorant? They didn't play Bayern in the UCL last season.

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2016
Troubleking:
do you have short term memory or are you just terribly ignorant? They didn't play Bayern in the UCL last season.

I didn't mean last season. I meant their first triumph cos you are sounding as if he has never scored against Bayern or he doesn't score big team.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by giwish(m): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2016
shae na d haters dm dn dey hating
u here disputing d outcome bt d guy dn carry award go home

make dm gv ronaldo 1 more tym nd balance equatn...make dm no gv bth ronaldo nd messi afta dat again

FIFA player of d year loadn...1st player to win d 2 separately in a yr
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 13, 2016
ronaldo have taken his last ballon d or..i very sure they will give messi next yr..but football would never forget these two.after next yr abeg dey should stop giving them..but these 2 were magnificent
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by odinese(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

Obviously pained! What would you say of Messi in 2010 who was tutored by Wesley Sneidjer in the Champions League? What was Messi's contribution to the Argentinean team in the 2010 world Cup in South Africa? Inter Milan defeated Barcelona in the Champions League, all thanks to Sneidjer. Netherlands went that far in the World Cup all thanks to the very same Sneidjer. Argentina was humiliated by Germany, four goals to nil, a match which saw Diego Maradona, the then Argentina coach, cry like a baby. Spain ended up winning the World Cup but a Messi who neither won the Champions League nor the World Cup won the Ballon d'or. Such hypocrisy!

Well, if not for Blatter's bias between the duo which he childishly let out during an interview about one being a football player and the other a lover of salons, Messi would still have won this. We still recall how Sneidjer was robbed in 2010.
So all u could bring is 2010 Lionel messi huh?
But do u realize that this is the second time Ronaldo have been given this award thats not meant to be his...
2013 and 2016...
Even in 2014. Ronaldo won the champions league and neuer won the world cup.... Bayern were smashed 5-0 by Madrid... Portugal were smashed 4-0 by Germany... Bayern won double that year + world cup and made it to the semi finals of the champions league,...real Madrid won the copa and the champions and didn't made it out of the world cup group stage. Now tell me who deserves it more in neuer and ronaldo?... Nonsense.
We are watching...

They just want to favor ronaldo and that's all...
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 13, 2016
odinese:

So all u could bring is 2010 Lionel messi huh?
But do u realize that this is the second time Ronaldo have been given this award thats not meant to be his...
2013 and 2016...
Even in 2014. Ronaldo won the champions league and neuer won the world cup.... Bayern were smashed 5-0 by Madrid... Portugal were smashed 4-0 by Germany... Bayern won double that year + world cup and made it to the semi finals of the champions league,...real Madrid won the copa and the champions and didn't made it out of the world cup group stage. Now tell me who deserves it more in neuer and ronaldo?... Nonsense.
We are watching...

They just want to favor ronaldo and that's all...
God bless u..well dats y i said dat dey r gonna give d stuff to messi nxt yr and dis is cr7s last ballon d or.but d 2 of them ehhh.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Emmybadmus: 11:41am On Dec 13, 2016
they get who suppose win b4 if not ronaldo?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Emmybadmus: 11:44am On Dec 13, 2016
if not ronaldo who else?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Duru009(m): 11:58am On Dec 13, 2016
Welcome cristiano for your hardwork.......

But mess is a natural talent .....
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by bolajianjorin(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]Congrats to the GOD of. Soccer cristiano ronaldo
Never stop dreaming #dreamchaser
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Troubleking: 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

I didn't mean last season. I meant their first triumph cos you are sounding as if he has never scored against Bayern or he doesn't score big team.
You are the one making up your case and still arguing against it. Someone said he scored against Bayern so he deserves the award, I refuted it and you came rushing into an argument you don't understand.

I'm saying he doesn't deserve this year's award. He's good, but didn't do anything special to be awarded the best.

I can't wait to have Ronaldo and Messi out of the scene. Their amazing feats in the past have made them permanent favourites for the award whether they are currently outstanding or not.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Blitzerz: 12:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Stop shifting your goal post. Abeg
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
Abeg u people should leave CR7alone he's the Greatest of all time aka (G.O.A.T).

All hail the God of football himself.....

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by RaeMystix: 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
Dexcmd:

It* ?
That was obviously a typo.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Ferruccio(m): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

You seem bitter and broken.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by emi14: 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
ihatesycophant:
Young man what concerns football and winning of best. footballer with Nigeria's APC And INEC. Hope you're not having problem? Please check the next consultant doctor before it. gets out of ✋hand. Don't let the political beef of the nation get you down and kill you before God's ordained time. Learn to stay on the lane, it pays.

Comparison oga. I am saying that C.Ronaldo got his award by merit from sound judgments. INEC would have manipulated the award in favour of messi based on your statics. Am on right lane Baba.
Your rotten economy doesn't affect me directly just that human beings are suffering.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by afolwalex20(m): 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Micheal8701:
. its ur opinion maybe u mean overall but the funny thing is messi doesn't even deserve 2nd place let alone winning it this year balon d or is September to September and Suarez was by far better than messi last year ( he was highest goalscorer and assist leader in laliga ) in UCL ronaldo was highest goalscorer ( even created a record 4 most goals in a single season ) they say he hard a bad euros but he scored 3 goals and had 2 assist grabbing d bronze shoe of which he gave to nani. messi wasn't even Barca's best so how come he is 2nd ahead of Suarez only a sentimental fan can say messi deserves d balon d or may I remind u cr7 won d two biggest thropies ( latter added supercup) in available that year y messi was just a local spanish champion

if u think laliga is better than UCL then u are deluded

if u think cops Del Rey is more highly place than euros then u are a dimwit just like buhari

I hear a lot of he didn't perform he was just luck crap
* who broke Barca's unbeaten run in camp nou 2-1

* who rescued realmadrid in their q/ final 2nd against Wolfsburg with a 2-0 deficit scoring a hattrick ( he was even highest goal scorer with 16 goals (a record ) fools would say he didn't play well in d final can u get to the final without winning ur other knock out matches #shallowthinking )

*who scored 2 goals I gave one assist against hungry a match that was a most win @ d euros for Portugal not forgetting another key goal and assist for a Portuguese team that didn't score much ( yet fools said he didn't play well @ d euros but he won bronze shoe ) maybe u think euros is like south america where u have panama boliva Haiti a brazil dat got raped at home by germany and some weak teams it would take a miracle for Chile to win euros let alone back to back. when u have Germany Spain Italy etc Croatia team is better than Chile
Dude, Ronaldo totally deserved the award. But saying Messi didn't deserve second place is bull shit. Messi was barcelona's best player dis year not Suarez. If u watch Barcelona's games, u will know d team is built around Messi, Suarez positioning and d fact dat he's dier striker made him had dose goals, he wasn't better than Messi. Besides Messi performed well in copa America.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
MaksmanBello:
If that's how u tell ur father Shut up @ home don't bring it here. It shows u have poor home training. The facts remains, u like it or not they can't be compared, let Messi leave his comfort zone(Barca) and go else where even in Spain his career will just end. CR7 remains the best, tested in England and Spain. lastly learn to SHUT UP b4 u say anoda shut up again. Mungu man.
your little or no regards for your parents should not extend to mine . Bewarned
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Abayor7: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Oh... You want a years stats??
Ronaldo- 55 games, 51 goals, 17 assists
Messi- 61 games, 58 goals, 32 assists
Is this what u need?

Tropihies and individual awards?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by YomaA(m): 9:23am On Dec 14, 2016
What I know is that Sergio ramos deserved the ballon dor and eder of portugal deserved the best player in Europe for scoring the most important goals.kill urself.
As fo messi,that man is a demigod,make humans dey favour ronaldo am not surprised or perturbed,hes only hard working but he's selfish y I can't seem to like him.
Player who gets angry with hi team mate for not leaving the ball for him to score despite him scoring.
Abi calling offside on his own team mate after they scored.
He shud be grateful to eder n ramos sha cos for 2 champions lg finals,na ramos dey save dem wen him nd benzema dey play like 2 obsessed lovers fighting over on gf.
Ramos saves the back nd still comes forward to score important trophy saving goals in such high tension games.
Messi has always delivered in all finals even those he loses,sadly aguero n higuain don't just do their jobs.
As for griezeman,he has to leave ath madrid cos he won't win it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Quadri Adebimpe, Nigeria's Youngest Referee To Officiate Champions League Match / FIFA Honours Osimhen With Special Ball, Jersey After His Outstanding Performance / Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.