Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time (54662 Views)

This Is What Will Happen If Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or This Night / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by saydfact(m): 7:18am On Dec 13, 2016
Congrats..... CR7
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by africanusvu(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2016
This reocuring Messi this yr Ronaldo nest yr for many yrs now av made this prestigious award look so DULL!!
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by TheSCRYPT: 7:22am On Dec 13, 2016
Not a fan of both players. Ronnie very well deserves it this time judging from Messi's ill fated COPA America.
Have you watched Messi play? shocked

That guy is on a different level.

Ronaldo has worked hard. I don't envy him.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 13, 2016
Brizle:
i watched ronaldo lifting the euro cup and champions league and that's enough to win this award....go back to 2010 and you will see what is hypocritical abt ur comment...

Ok remember Mikel also lift EPl and Europa but still Yaya toure won the Best African Player.

Also when Sneija won all trophies 2010. Why wasnt he given the Best player award?

If that's enough to win Best player award, why didn't these guys won?

What did you say about that?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Lanceslot(m): 7:30am On Dec 13, 2016
DancingSkeleton:
SHUT UP!!! He nor dey meet english teams for champions league , u nor know how many records him don create and break untop thier head ? angry
Boy there is difference meeting English teams in champion league and playing in england, if you doubt me ask Pep Guardola. No Pep team has ever conceded 3 goals back to back but he did with Mancity.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by cameeeeel(m): 7:41am On Dec 13, 2016
pray for blessings my broda....
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Micheal8701(m): 7:42am On Dec 13, 2016
herzern:
Conqrats to him..

#NoBadBlood..

But He isn't better than Messi..

. its ur opinion maybe u mean overall but the funny thing is messi doesn't even deserve 2nd place let alone winning it this year balon d or is September to September and Suarez was by far better than messi last year ( he was highest goalscorer and assist leader in laliga ) in UCL ronaldo was highest goalscorer ( even created a record 4 most goals in a single season ) they say he hard a bad euros but he scored 3 goals and had 2 assist grabbing d bronze shoe of which he gave to nani. messi wasn't even Barca's best so how come he is 2nd ahead of Suarez only a sentimental fan can say messi deserves d balon d or may I remind u cr7 won d two biggest thropies ( latter added supercup) in available that year y messi was just a local spanish champion

if u think laliga is better than UCL then u are deluded

if u think cops Del Rey is more highly place than euros then u are a dimwit just like buhari

I hear a lot of he didn't perform he was just luck crap
* who broke Barca's unbeaten run in camp nou 2-1

* who rescued realmadrid in their q/ final 2nd against Wolfsburg with a 2-0 deficit scoring a hattrick ( he was even highest goal scorer with 16 goals (a record ) fools would say he didn't play well in d final can u get to the final without winning ur other knock out matches #shallowthinking )

*who scored 2 goals I gave one assist against hungry a match that was a most win @ d euros for Portugal not forgetting another key goal and assist for a Portuguese team that didn't score much ( yet fools said he didn't play well @ d euros but he won bronze shoe ) maybe u think euros is like south america where u have panama boliva Haiti a brazil dat got raped at home by germany and some weak teams it would take a miracle for Chile to win euros let alone back to back. when u have Germany Spain Italy etc Croatia team is better than Chile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Drdonzeez(m): 7:42am On Dec 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

Obviously pained! What would you say of Messi in 2010 who was tutored by Wesley Sneidjer in the Champions League? What was Messi's contribution to the Argentinean team in the 2010 world Cup in South Africa? Inter Milan defeated Barcelona in the Champions League, all thanks to Sneidjer. Netherlands went that far in the World Cup all thanks to the very same Sneidjer. Argentina was humiliated by Germany, four goals to nil, a match which saw Diego Maradona, the then Argentina coach, cry like a baby. Spain ended up winning the World Cup but a Messi who neither won the Champions League nor the World Cup won the Ballon d'or. Such hypocrisy!

Well, if not for Blatter's bias between the duo which he childishly let out during an interview about one being a football player and the other a lover of salons, Messi would still have won this. We still recall how Sneidjer was robbed in 2010.
No doubt Ribery was also robbed in 2013.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Micheal8701(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Undeserved.
Football don spoil finish. Only two players winning ballon d'or in 9 years.
see talk u for give fellani na smh
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 7:48am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

What are you saying in essence? You mean the coaches were the reason Real and Man Utd won UCL and not Ronaldo and that doesn't apply to Messi? This your analogy is warped.

A player that was highest goal scorer in all the years Real and Man Utd won the prestigious competition?
That's not the argument... If u don't understand analogy, then u ask me to explain.
If u claim the players Messi played with is the reason he's superior to Ronaldo. What about the managers who coached Ronaldo??
And highest goalscorer doesn't mean best player
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Micheal8701(m): 7:48am On Dec 13, 2016
Dexcmd:

Ok remember Mikel also lift EPl and Europa but still Yaya toure won the Best African Player.

Also when Sneija won all trophies 2010. Why wasnt he given the Best player award?

If that's enough to win Best player award, why didn't these guys won?

What did you say about that?
its not all about lifting trophies what was ur input to d team on those particular competition UCL highest goalscorer is ronaldo / he hard bronze shoe in euros 3 goals 2 assist.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by zicobaba(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:
Ronaldo- 824 games, 567 goals, 189 assists
Messi- 666 games, 532 goals, 223 assists

Decide for yourself. However, there are other stats like chances created, accurate through balls, long balls completed. This is what matters

Maybe you should check Ronaldo stats at Madrid compare to Messi at Barca
Besides that Messi guy (artificial man) grow using Horse Insulin compared to CR7 natural man
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Hehehehe.... And see person wey sabi use google. Messi has been playing El-Classico before Ronaldo's arrival. Stop muddling fact with your ignorance.
Olodo... Messi still has higher goals per match average not to mention assists

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by chocolatelady(f): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2016
Well deserved!

Congratulations my crush.
You have taught me that hardworking pays.
Continue working hard and winning more Ballon dors.

Messi/Barca fans can hug the transformer for all I care.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Micheal8701(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2016
Lanceslot:
Boy there is difference meeting English teams in champion league and playing in england, if you doubt me ask Pep Guardola. No Pep team has ever conceded 3 goals back to back but he did with Mancity.
nothing special about EPL guardiola is struggling not becos he is playing better teams than he did in other league but becos he is playing with a team dat has no identity vs mediocrity barca are champions Bayern too who is mancity nor even as good as atlmadrid. are u saying EPL teams go to UCL to roll over and die or what
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Detoni(f): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2016
Troubleking:
It's time for Messi and Ronaldo to exit the stage. Even when others do the dirty job, they take the credit, especially this Ronaldo.

You score small clubs in the group stage and do nothing from quarter-finals till the final when you score the last pk after Ramos saves Madrid again. With Portugal, the same dismal performance, showed up in just one or two games in the whole tournament.

Yet he gets awarded as the best player. It's all about being the most popular person in the team that wins trophies.
ehn ehn....when they were thoroughly flogged by Bayern in d semi-finals, who pulled them thru in d second leg? When Ronaldo scored against Wales nko? You think its only to score in finals abi?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Elxandre(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

This is ignorance... Messi has scored 21 against Madrid Ronaldo has scored 16.... Google of is your friend
Messi has been in La Liga for at least 5 years before Ronaldo.
KNow your facts.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Elxandre(m): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2016
Iamthoney:
Like Ronaldo joined Manchester united or Real Madrid all by himself for free right? pay Messi's value to Barcelona offer him what a player of his calibre deserves only then will he jump ship...but we both know he can't cos the two clubs u mentioned are a step down for him
Madrid was a step down for Ronaldo too.
A scared chicken wouldn't have gone to a club that had been knocked out of the UCL 2nd round for 6 straight seasons.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

That's not the argument... If u don't understand analogy, then u ask me to explain.
If u claim the players Messi played with is the reason he's superior to Ronaldo. What about the managers who coached Ronaldo??
And highest goalscorer doesn't mean best player

Man, I repeat, your analogy is warped laced with sentiment. That coaches haven't won UCL before coaching Barcelona and winning it doesn't automatically make Messi the best. Messi is brilliant, like Ronaldo, no doubt. What I frown at is shifting the goal post in argument to deify Messi.

Meanwhile, being the highest goal scorer is a mean feat. You think sey na beans?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by YomaA(m): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2016
So Sergio ramos no deserve ballon dor,after helping madrid nd this same Ronaldo win champions league titles 2ce,still saving madrids asses this season with late equalisers,not fair at all,all d finals,ronaldo dey hide,even for portugal,am sure if ramos was a Portuguese na him for score for euro final.fifa is a bitch.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Detoni(f): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2016
odinese:
ronaldo didn't do shit in d euro's final, ronaldo never did shit in d champions League final and he was awarded the balon d'or...wat a joke!
If this balon d'or should be awarded to the player who played well in the champions league and euros, I think he should go to Pepe...
Ronaldo is so overrated and it baffles me that people don't see this things(especially the man u and real Madrid fans)... U guys are the most biased people on earth.
Messi deserves this balon d'or by a large margin. He won the la liga and copa dey Rey Nd got Argentina to the copa america final. Not only that he was just playing, but he was the most influential player in that field. Compared to ronaldo who was lost in the two finals...

It's high time all this favoring of real Madrid and Cristiano ronaldo stop unless all these award will be like wash...

And if u write, they will say u are hating while they know wat actually happened in that match.
do u understand ballon d'or isnt a 'who performed best at d finals ' award. Do you think both Real Madrid or Portugal would have made it to the finals without Ronaldo.....
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

Obviously pained! What would you say of Messi in 2010 who was tutored by Wesley Sneidjer in the Champions League? What was Messi's contribution to the Argentinean team in the 2010 world Cup in South Africa? Inter Milan defeated Barcelona in the Champions League, all thanks to Sneidjer. Netherlands went that far in the World Cup all thanks to the very same Sneidjer. Argentina was humiliated by Germany, four goals to nil, a match which saw Diego Maradona, the then Argentina coach, cry like a baby. Spain ended up winning the World Cup but a Messi who neither won the Champions League nor the World Cup won the Ballon d'or. Such hypocrisy!

Well, if not for Blatter's bias between the duo which he childishly let out during an interview about one being a football player and the other a lover of salons, Messi would still have won this. We still recall how Sneidjer was robbed in 2010.

Baba how was Sneidjer robbed? He wasn't even the 2nd best. Remember Xavi and Inesta came 2nd and 3rd so If they haven't given Messi they would have given Xavi or inesta before even considering Sneidjer. So your claim is void.

Individual performance matters allot when given Best player. If on the contrary you can as well say they robbed Mikel when they gave Yaya toure Best African player has Mikel won upto 3 trophies that season and Yaya won none. Do you agree?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:01am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

randomperson:

randomperson:

Olodo... Read your initial post. You were comparing 21 to 16, which Messi's 21 goals span through before Ronaldo's arrival. Stop being a dunce.

I am only correcting your idiocy.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Lanceslot(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2016
Micheal8701:
nothing special about EPL guardiola is struggling not becos he is playing better teams than he did in other league but becos he is playing with a team dat has no identity vs mediocrity barca are champions Bayern too who is mancity nor even as good as atlmadrid. are u saying EPL teams go to UCL to roll over and die or what
You knows nothing about football young man.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2016
Elxandre:

Messi has been in La Liga for at least 5 years before Ronaldo.
KNow your facts.
Shey all of Una no fit read nii... Been explaining the same thing to all of you. Messi has higher goals per match average
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Olodo... Read your initial post. You were comparing 21 to 16, which Messi's 21 goals span through before Ronaldo's arrival. Stop being a dunce.

I am only correcting your idiocy.
It's foolish to point that out when Messi still has a higher g/m average and assists too... M
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Elxandre(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2016
odinese:
ronaldo didn't do shit in d euro's final, ronaldo never did shit in d champions League final and he was awarded the balon d'or...wat a joke!
If this balon d'or should be awarded to the player who played well in the champions league and euros, I think he should go to Pepe...
Ronaldo is so overrated and it baffles me that people don't see this things(especially the man u and real Madrid fans)... U guys are the most biased people on earth.
Messi deserves this balon d'or by a large margin. He won the la liga and copa dey Rey Nd got Argentina to the copa america final. Not only that he was just playing, but he was the most influential player in that field. Compared to ronaldo who was lost in the two finals...

It's high time all this favoring of real Madrid and Cristiano ronaldo stop unless all these award will be like wash...

And if u write, they will say u are hating while they know wat actually happened in that match.
He scored 16 goals in the UCl, and that's nothing?
dragging back Madrid who were almost certainly eliminated against wolfsburg with a hatrick.
Knocked out the same Wales you people thought would thrash them with a goal and an assist undecided

Sneidjer was on fire, and was the everybody's easy guess to win the BAllon d'or
Treble winner with Inter Milan, destroying Barca in the knockout stages, World cup finalist with Holland, several match winning performances as a midfielder.
Surprisingly he didn't even make top three, and Messi won.

Hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Man, I repeat, your analogy is warped laced with sentiment. That coaches haven't won UCL before coaching Barcelona and winning it doesn't automatically make Messi the best. Messi is brilliant, like Ronaldo, no doubt. What I frown at is shifting the goal post in argument to deify Messi.

Meanwhile, being the highest goal scorer is a mean feat. You think sey na beans?
Of course, no be beans... But being the highest goalscorer, the best dribbler and the most creative player at the same time... Now that's true genius... It's like having Ronaldo, hazard and Ozil all rolled into one. Messi is three times the player Ronaldo is

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

It's foolish to point that out when Messi still has a higher g/m average and assists too... M

The onus of foolishness is on you that peddle false statistics.

Is the H2H of CR7 and Messi in El-Classico 16 against 21 goals? NO!

So, what are you saying? Go on and receive sense.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by legendte(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2016
Micheal8701:
. its ur opinion maybe u mean overall but the funny thing is messi doesn't even deserve 2nd place let alone winning it this year balon d or is September to September and Suarez was by far better than messi last year ( he was highest goalscorer and assist leader in laliga ) in UCL ronaldo was highest goalscorer ( even created a record 4 most goals in a single season ) they say he hard a bad euros but he scored 3 goals and had 2 assist grabbing d bronze shoe of which he gave to nani. messi wasn't even Barca's best so how come he is 2nd ahead of Suarez only a sentimental fan can say messi deserves d balon d or may I remind u cr7 won d two biggest thropies ( latter added supercup) in available that year y messi was just a local spanish champion

if u think laliga is better than UCL then u are deluded

if u think cops Del Rey is more highly place than euros then u are a dimwit just like buhari

I hear a lot of he didn't perform he was just luck crap
* who broke Barca's unbeaten run in camp nou 2-1

* who rescued realmadrid in their q/ final 2nd against Wolfsburg with a 2-0 deficit scoring a hattrick ( he was even highest goal scorer with 16 goals (a record ) fools would say he didn't play well in d final can u get to the final without winning ur other knock out matches #shallowthinking )

*who scored 2 goals I gave one assist against hungry a match that was a most win @ d euros for Portugal not forgetting another key goal and assist for a Portuguese team that didn't score much ( yet fools said he didn't play well @ d euros but he won bronze shoe ) maybe u think euros is like south america where u have panama boliva Haiti a brazil dat got raped at home by germany and some weak teams it would take a miracle for Chile to win euros let alone back to back. when u have Germany Spain Italy etc Croatia team is better than Chile
You are very shallow in thinking. For you to write trash against Chile, you are not a soccer fan. More than 50% of world best players are from SA. Portugal won euro. Greece won euro as well and you think they are stronger than Chile at the moment. Brazil falling to Germany is no big deal. They have defeated them many times at the world cup. Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Chile are world class teams with world class players.
Talk about the quality, their players are dominating Europe. Messi, suarez, neymar, sanchez, aguero etc. Even the two best to have ever played the game are from SA. That is Pele and Maradona.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

The onus of foolishness is on you that peddle false statistics.

Is the H2H of CR7 and Messi in El-Classico 16 against 21 goals? NO!

So, what are you saying? Go on and receive sense.
The onus of foolishness is on you?? What the hell does that even mean??
Do u have any evidence to show that Ronaldo is better than Messi?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:12am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Of course, no be beans... But being the highest goalscorer, the best dribbler and the most creative player at the same time... Now that's true genius... It's like having Ronaldo, hazard and Ozil all rolled into one. Messi is three times the player Ronaldo is

Yes, Messi is 3 times better than Ronaldo in your own sentiment bruised thinking.

A player that cant win major trophy for his country is still a learner.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Buys Ferrari F12 (Photo) / Mikel Obi Shares A Kiss With His Babymama As She Arrives Back In China (photos) / Ajax Ball Boy Throws Ball Angry At Roma Player For Time Wasting (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.