Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time (54664 Views)

This Is What Will Happen If Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or This Night / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:13am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:
The onus of foolishness is on you?? What the hell does that even mean?? Do u have any evidence to show that Ronaldo is better than Messi?
I thought you have evidence of 16 against 21? Hehehehe....
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Sanchez01: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2016
ddippset:
but I hope you also recall how nueur was robbed in 2013 and ribery was robbed in 2014. abi na only 2010 you remember?
Do you recall FIFA's update on the Ballon d'or on their website? It reads 'The FIFA Ballon d'or is not award for the best player in the outstanding team for a calendar year, but the player who has the most outstanding performance in a year!'

This was even before the event itself. Neur had an impressive performance but Ronaldo’s was simply extraordinary in that same year. Do well to read up on this.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by martineverest(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2016
Elxandre:

He scored 16 goals in the UCl, and that's nothing?
dragging back Madrid who were almost certainly eliminated against wolfsburg with a hatrick.
Knocked out the same Wales you people thought would thrash them with a goal and an assist undecided

Sneidjer was on fire, and was the everybody's easy guess to win the BAllon d'or
Treble winner with Inter Milan, destroying Barca in the knockout stages, World cup finalist with Holland, several match winning performances as a midfielder.
Surprisingly he didn't even make top three, and Messi won.

Hypocrite!
haters everywhere...they wont miind their thursdy nite football and how to exit mid table...all they know is how barca and messi will fail
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by legendte(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2016
Detoni:
do u understand ballon d'or isnt a 'who performed best at d finals ' award. Do you think both Real Madrid or Portugal would have made it to the finals without Ronaldo.....
Porto won UCL and Greece won euro. We both know that Ronaldo doesn't deserve it. He wasn't the best player at euro. He wasn't the best player in la liga. He only performed well at the UCL with his 16 goals. He wasn't the highest goal scorer in la liga too. Ronaldo is good but this was not a spectacular year for him individually. This is an individual award
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Yes, Messi is 3 times better than Ronaldo in your own sentiment bruised thinking.

A player that cant win major trophy for his country is still a learner.
U know Nikoladis?? He has won the euros with Greece, that means he is better than modric and Rooney and bale? See how foolish your comment is?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Elxandre(m): 8:22am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Oh... You want a years stats??
Ronaldo- 55 games, 51 goals, 17 assists
Messi- 61 games, 58 goals, 32 assists
Is this what u need?
ole!!!
last season Messi had 41 goals 23 assists
Ronaldo 51 goals 15 assists.

stop being dishonest. some of us watch football too. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:22am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

I thought you have evidence of 16 against 21? Hehehehe....
Is this idiocy real or are u feigning idiocy? Messi has more average wins, average goals, average everything... How many goals has Ronaldo scored against arsenal and in how many games??
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:24am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

U know Nikoladis?? He has won the euros with Greece, that means he is better than modric and Rooney and bale? See how foolish your comment is?

We are comparing Ronaldo and Messi, not Nikoladis and Modric. Stop this idiocy.

I think Messi is three times better than Ronaldo? Tell him to go and win a major tournament for Argentina.

Pls, next time you will quote, dont bring your usual silly analogy or example again if you cnt let it be an example/analogy between Messi and CR7.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:24am On Dec 13, 2016
Elxandre:

ole!!!

Don't be stupid... Ballon d or is not for a season but for a calendar calendar year. There's watching and there's thinking
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Elxandre(m): 8:24am On Dec 13, 2016
martineverest:
haters everywhere...they wont miind their thursdy nite football and how to exit mid table...all they know is how barca and messi will fail
we are embarking on a 10 game winning run. wink
focus on pulling back your six points deficit. smiley
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:28am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Is this idiocy real or are u feigning idiocy? Messi has more average wins, average goals, average everything... How many goals has Ronaldo scored against arsenal and in how many games??

Stop being half-smart. The idiocy was when you compare Ronaldo against Messi H2H as 16 to 21 goals. You only corrected yourself.

Should I send you the screen grab. Perhaps, you have forgotten you typed that poo.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by ddippset(m): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

Do you recall FIFA's update on the Ballon d'or on their website? It reads 'The FIFA Ballon d'or is not award for the best player in the outstanding team for a calendar year, but the player who has the most outstanding performance in a year!'

This was even before the event itself. Neur had an impressive performance but Ronaldo’s was simply extraordinary in that same year. Do well to read up on this.
story. the same way you guys would say messi wasn't outstanding in 2010, even after winning LA liga, winning copa del rey, scoring an unprecedented 4 goals against arsenal, winning the champions league golden boot, winning the pichichi. if they say Iniesta or sneider should have won 2010 then neuer should have win 2014.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

We are comparing Ronaldo and Messi, not Nikoladis and Modric. Stop this idiocy.

I think Messi is three times better than Ronaldo? Tell him to go and win a major tournament for Argentina.

Pls, next time you will quote, dont bring your usual silly analogy or example again if you cnt let it be an example/analogy between Messi and CR7.
Rubbish... You are being floored by superior argument and u are looking for a way out...
Lemme explain the analogy to you... U are using international honor as an argument for Ronaldo and an showing u why its a silly argument... Gerrit now?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Elxandre(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Don't be stupid... Ballon d or is not for a season but for a calendar calendar year. There's watching and there's thinking
Elxandre:

ole!!!

you obviously don't know that the voting has already being closed for a long time.

we all know messi has had a headstart this season, hence the seeming gap in yearly stat.

In the past, Pre Messi-Ronaldo era. what mattered was who finished the season stronger. Early season form meant nothing.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2016
Elxandre:

you obviously don't know that the voting has already being closed for a long time.

we all know messi has had a headstart this season, hence the seeming gap in yearly stat.

In the past, Pre Messi-Ronaldo era. what mattered was who finished the season stronger. Early season form meant nothing.
Stop being delusional... Even as at July Messi had better stats... Last year doesn't count. What part of this is too difficult to understand
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by Elxandre(m): 8:36am On Dec 13, 2016
ddippset:
story. the same way you guys would say messi wasn't outstanding in 2010, even after winning LA liga, winning copa del rey, scoring an unprecedented 4 goals against arsenal, winning the champions league golden boot, winning the pichichi. if they say Iniesta or sneider should have won 2010 then neuer should have win 2014.
Are you seriously comparing a Midfielder's match winning performances to a Keeper's?

The same Nuer Madrid thrashed in the UCL deserved to win, with Ronaldo scoring twice in a 5-0 aggregate destruction. undecided
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Stop being half-smart. The idiocy was when you compare Ronaldo against Messi H2H as 16 to 21 goals. You only corrected yourself.

Should I send you the screen grab. Perhaps, you have forgotten you typed that poo.
Oh I see the problem now... U don't have any argument to make for Ronaldo so u are sticking to this ridiculousness... Well....peace!
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Rubbish... You are being floored by superior argument and u are looking for a way out...
Lemme explain the analogy to you... U are using international honor as an argument for Ronaldo and an showing u why its a silly argument... Gerrit now?

Who proclaim your idiotic analogy superior?

You are just ridiculous. I am only telling you if Messi is three times better than Ronaldo, then he is probably the greatest. Now I ask, how can he be that you ascribe to him when he cnt win a major trophy for Argentina. No be you talk sey na im dey win those UCL trophy for the coaches? Receive sense, Man!
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:40am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Oh I see the problem now... U don't have any argument to make for Ronaldo so u are sticking to this ridiculousness... Well....peace!

So, you agree it is ridiculous from you with that 21 against 16? Now, I think you have receive sense.

Next time, dnt muddle up statistics to prove point.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Who proclaim your idiotic analogy superior?

You are just ridiculous. I am only telling you if Messi is three times better than Ronaldo, then he is probably the greatest. Now I ask, how can he be that you ascribe to him when he cnt win a major trophy for Argentina. No be you talk sey na im dey win those UCL trophy for the coaches? Receive sense, Man!
Maradona didn't win champions league... That doesn't affect his legendary status in any way... Messi has reached four finals, won three individual awards with Argentina, has the highest goal and assists ever for Argentina and has an Olympic medal... What is Rinaldo's individual achievement with Portugal
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 8:50am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

So, you agree it is ridiculous from you with that 21 against 16? Now, I think you have receive sense.

Next time, dnt muddle up statistics to prove point.
The facts show Messi has been more influential in classicos than Ronaldo... Can u refute that fact
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by martineverest(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2016
Elxandre:

we are embarking on a 10 game winning run. wink
focus on pulling back your six points deficit. smiley
and u are 15 points behind leaders?...smh

the league and ucl is sure for us...but europa league is not even sure for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:56am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Maradona didn't win champions league... That doesn't affect his legendary status in any way... Messi has reached four finals, won three individual awards with Argentina, has the highest goal and assists ever for Argentina and has an Olympic medal... What is Rinaldo's individual achievement with Portugal

Brilliant, I can see you are ready for argument devoid of peddling false stats now.

Maradona joined Napoli as a mid-table team and won them the Serie A with his illustrious performances. He won Argentina the world cup.

Now let me educate you, Olympic medal is not a major tournament to FIFA and Euro tournament is. Meanwhile, Ronaldo won the Euro for Portugal. You wonder why he wept after their victory against France? Even with his numerous trophy at 31?
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by demolaxl(m): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2016
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:00am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

The facts show Messi has been more influential in classicos than Ronaldo... Can u refute that fact

I don't feign brilliancy in ignorance. I know Messi has been more influential in El-Classico than Ronaldo until lately that he has gone anonymous in all of their most recent meetings. I won't refute the truth.

Meanwhile, go and find out the Real Madrid player with the highest goals in Nou Camp.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 9:00am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Brilliant, I can see you are ready for argument devoid of peddling false stats now.

Maradona joined Napoli as a mid-table team and won them the Serie A with his illustrious performances. He won Argentina the world cup.

Now let me educate you, Olympic medal is not a major tournament to FIFA and Euro tournament is. Meanwhile, Ronaldo won the Euro for Portugal. You wonder why he wept after their victory against France? Even with his numerous trophy at 31?
U don't know your football facts... Maradona also played for barca...
Olympic medal is not recognized by FIFA because it's not organized by FIFA...
And why are u avoiding my question... What are Rinaldo's individual achievements for Argentina??
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

I don't feign brilliancy in ignorance. I know Messi has been more influential in El-Classico than Ronaldo until lately that he has gone anonymous in all of their most recent meetings. I won't refute the truth.

Meanwhile, go and find out the Real Madrid player with the highest goals in Nou Camp.
How does that affect Messi's influence in classicos
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

U don't know your football facts... Maradona also played for barca...
Olympic medal is not recognized by FIFA because it's not organized by FIFA...
And why are u avoiding my question... What are Rinaldo's individual achievements for Argentina??

Lols... You are a stubborn ignorance. Did I say Maradona didnt play for Barca? So you agree Olympic isnt an official tournament to FIFA, yet you have the effrontery to tell me to get my fact right?

By the way, who is that Rinaldo that played for Argentina?

If you know me very well, you won't prolong this issue. I'll only expose your ignorance more.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Lols... You are a stubborn ignorance. Did I say Maradona didnt play for Barca? So you agree Olympic isnt an official tournament to FIFA, yet you have the effrontery to tell me to get my fact right?

By the way, who is that Rinaldo that played for Argentina?

If you know me very well, you won't prolong this issue. I'll only expose your ignorance more.
Why are u avoiding the question, don't be a coward...
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:08am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

How does that affect Messi's influence in classicos

Did I say it affect it? You just need some education as regards that man Ronaldo. Leave your cave where you twist stats and know more about Ronaldo.

Both of them are simply greats. Dnt pull down one for another.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2016
randomperson:

Why are u avoiding the question, don't be a coward...

See this slowpoke calling me a coward. Did any RINALDO play for ARGENTINA? I don't know of any Rinaldo of Argentina descent. I don't answer foolish question.
Re: Ballon D'or 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Award For 4th Time by randomperson: 9:12am On Dec 13, 2016
asunmoGGMU:

Did I say it affect it? You just need some education as regards that man Ronaldo. Leave your cave where you twist stats and know more about Ronaldo.

Both of them are simply greats. Dnt pull down one for another.
Now u are cowering, am not pulling him down, just saying Messi is better

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Buys Ferrari F12 (Photo) / Mikel Obi Shares A Kiss With His Babymama As She Arrives Back In China (photos) / Ajax Ball Boy Throws Ball Angry At Roma Player For Time Wasting (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.