Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch (6513 Views)

Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:53am On Dec 20, 2016
veekid:
Yeah; when I was in Japan grin
while u were dia, were u opportuned to massage all those Jap's chicks in kimono?

my guy don't lie oo, took truth & shame d devil grin
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by blackaxe78: 7:54am On Dec 20, 2016
Sure!

There was a time I build one everyday.

I use to draw it everyday bank then and do start from a plane sheet.
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by ultimate73(m): 7:59am On Dec 20, 2016
no..... am into aircrafts grin

Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by soldierboi16(m): 8:19am On Dec 20, 2016
to achieve ur dreams come to Federal science and technical college ilesha auto mech section den ur dreams would be achieved
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by veekid(m): 8:51am On Dec 20, 2016
MichaelSokoto:

while u were dia, were u opportuned to massage all those Jap's chicks in kimono?

my guy don't lie oo, took truth & shame d devil grin
tongue
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by Ignyte(m): 9:07am On Dec 20, 2016
I was planning to build a buggy using a lawnmower engine, but you know how this recession is... You can't buy a lawnmower engine without buying the entire lawnmower
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2016
rebuilding takes time .energy and alotta cash .but sure its worth it ..
you cannot categorically build a new engine all together .even innoson imports his own engines lol .but building a new body .? yes very possible .for example if u want to build a Bugatti Chiron .u go look for a scrap car that looks like it .something like an Audi A4 or A8 am sure u would find the body in any garage ..then u can go on and shape the parts as u want.
having a skill in welding is a very big plus and hey don't forget to seek the advice of all these road side panel beaters they can be very helpful sometimes lol .
the seats and the dashboard modifications can be done by innoson he has the machine for making dashboards and ko .that m sure of .and he would be more than glad to help provided you have the money .the engine can also be an Audi engine since its a super car .a BMW or an Audi engine would do ,something that can pull around 500hp would cost like 300k or 400k ..I think you good to go with all these .a Bugatti cost around 2million dollars if u can build one with 2million naira .its worth it I think .good luck tho
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by mjbaba: 9:51am On Dec 20, 2016
When person chop belleful, na dis kind work he go dey find. Wetin concern me with building car when I can easily buy one and use my time for other hustles
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by careidon: 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lazy youths...just go and research the history/evolution of car making.
Of course you can build a car all by yourself - that was how car making started. simple wheels with crank inn the front to start like a generator linked to roll/move the wheels and you go jump inside! Ignition, Brakes, Absorbers and others came later with the efforts of great men & women!

Still a better understanding of the research will show you the exact how (of competition between different car makers building only a car for years; till Ford made the first mass production plant and the era of designers for and of better engines and engine arrangements came in. So a Ford just needed to order engine from A, ignition from B, etc rather than build all by himself which Chrysler and others were still doing; later chasis and smoother driving experience led to shock absorbers being introduced, lights and wiring in cars has its history before air conditioning and others came etc.
Just focus on something that is not in the new cars that you feel is needed there instead of trying to build the whole car by yourself. There are lots of auto parts makers that you don't even know exists doing business for over 50 years.
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by Wallie(m): 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
chiraqDemon:
Lately ive developed a partucular n strong interest in cars n building em so i would like to know if anyone here has built a car engine (n car) from scratch b4 ....ur experiences n challenges.....n how u started
I seriously would like to rebuild the engine of my corolla by myself(no experience or knowledge)maybe i could ask a mechanic to help too just to show me the way forward.
So ppl share ur experiences with me

Mods pls help me get needed attention for this

I've thought of building a kit car where you get to choose your engine, transmission, suspension, and brakes but I don't have the time.

In your case, rebuilding an engine is not too difficult if you have space, instructions, and tools. You need all three. You can easily find instructions online and you'd probably need ~$1000 worth of tools. Where are you going to find a secured space that would allow you to leave your torn down car and tools for several weeks?
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
chiraqDemon:
Lately ive developed a partucular n strong interest in cars n building em so i would like to know if anyone here has built a car engine (n car) from scratch b4 ....ur experiences n challenges.....n how u started
I seriously would like to rebuild the engine of my corolla by myself(no experience or knowledge)maybe i could ask a mechanic to help too just to show me the way forward.
So ppl share ur experiences with me

Mods pls help me get needed attention for this

Build: Very hard for an average person to do this (even in developed countries talkless Nigeria) and frankly there's no need to so in this day and age.

Rebuild: Of course you can, it's a Corolla and not a Saab. There's a thread on here of someone rebuilding an automatic transmission which IMHO is infinitely more tedious than a simple engine. Go on YouTube and watch videos, join specific forums and learn about specific things related to the specimen engine.

Good luck.
Re: Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch by tck2000(m): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
CrazyScientist:
Yes, actually grin.

Download 'Automation Game', you design your cars body, engine and everything, one wrong move, your car wouldnt start or the engine might knock. tongue

You also get to test it on a track against other cars you have built.
It also has a Campaign Mode , where you manage a car company. Think of it like a Mechanical Engineering AutoCad. cheesy
I would like to download this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Turn Your Kazeem To A Gazzuzz or A Radautoworks. Thread For Broke Car Owners. / How And Where To Buy A Salvage Vehicle / How Gazzuzz charged me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.