Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

UK slangs - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / UK slangs (15515 Views)

Use Musical Slangs To Chat Here / Nigerian Slangs: / Nigerian Slangs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK slangs by anusule(m): 11:55pm On May 09, 2007
YO! we keepin cool yo!
Re: UK slangs by IBDat(m): 12:05am On May 10, 2007
I'm jiggy
Re: UK slangs by anusule(m): 12:36am On May 10, 2007
yeah niggy
Re: UK slangs by IBDat(m): 1:24am On May 10, 2007
So wutz new?
Re: UK slangs by omogenaija(f): 2:01am On May 10, 2007
i got one choong
Re: UK slangs by IBDat(m): 2:59am On May 10, 2007
LOL - meaning wut?
Re: UK slangs by omogenaija(f): 3:24am On May 10, 2007
idk ur the one that taught me
Re: UK slangs by IBDat(m): 3:31am On May 10, 2007
So u knw then.
Re: UK slangs by omogenaija(f): 3:32am On May 10, 2007
yea mate
Re: UK slangs by IBDat(m): 3:34am On May 10, 2007
U diamond geezer grin
Re: UK slangs by omogenaija(f): 3:35am On May 10, 2007
wat does that mean
Re: UK slangs by IBDat(m): 3:36am On May 10, 2007
LMAO - Means 'top man'
Re: UK slangs by omogenaija(f): 3:37am On May 10, 2007
is that suppose to be a good thing ? i aint a man angry
Re: UK slangs by IBDat(m): 3:38am On May 10, 2007
LOL - aight 'top bird'
Re: UK slangs by omogenaija(f): 3:52am On May 10, 2007
better babes smiley
Re: UK slangs by kellorah: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2007
arse-over-tit /-elbow - to fall over in a dramatic fashion, e.g. "I'd had a bit to drink you see and I just went arse-over-tit!".

absobloodylutely/absofuckinglutely - an exclamation as to resound a definite yes.
Re: UK slangs by kellorah: 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2007
banged up - to be put in prison. eg "Did you hear John got banged up for that blag".

bit if a knob - a general term of abuse. e.g. "He seems like a bit of a knob". Especially used when you don't really know someone but your initial impressions are that you don't like them.
Re: UK slangs by kellorah: 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2007
blinding / blinder - used to describe something amazing or wonderful. eg "We 'ad a right blinding time last night dahn the pub".

naff - cheap and nasty, unfashionable, in poor taste.
Re: UK slangs by lalaboi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2007
i like and use d absofuckinlutely lol! i too lik dat word
Re: UK slangs by kellorah: 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2007
up for it - to be willing to have a good time. Also for a woman to be sexually available.

skint - to have no money, penniless.
Re: UK slangs by kellorah: 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2007
slapper - a common term for a loose woman.

slag - a very common word for a loose woman or generally a rough looking bird. e.g. "She is a right old slag".

spare - to loose ones temper, to go crazy. e.g. "When she finds out she'll go spare.".
Re: UK slangs by Horus(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2007

Let’s talk about a serious disease that’s affecting our youth and spreading all around the world. This disease is called[b] “SLANG.”[/b] Why is it a disease?,Because it destroys a certain part of the brain making you retarded (slowness of mental development in children).According to “A Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary of the English Language” [/b]the origin of slang is from sling and means, 'to sling the jaw, to abuse words.'Slang affects the way you behave, speak, dress, think; as a matter of fact it affects your entire life. Speaking in slang lowers the[b] IQ (Intelligence Quotient), and causes mental deficiency, simply called retardation. Take a look at the way people who use slang dress - clothes unkept and sagging, with untied shoes, etc. These are things you would relate to a person that has a mental deficiency. What if a life or death message using the correct pronunciation was broadcasted; do you think those who speak slang would overstand it? No they wouldn’t, and the result just might be their deaths or maybe even yours. The usage of slang affects the Broca’s Area, this is where you learn to articulate and form phrases. It’s the portion of the brain that gives us overstanding of languages, with language expression being the function of motor control. You must overstand that any part of your body that is not being used; your brain will cut it off just like it never existed. Increasingly we can see why speaking correct grammar is not only important, it is also beneficial, and a contributing factor to why most inner city residents can’t get jobs; they have poor diction. Slang may have started out with unconventional words or phrases that express something old a new way. However, it has developed into a sick, malicious, vulgar language that might even shock the devil, and it’s spreading throughout the world. We must fight against this disease of slang: poor articulation, bad grammar, and inferiorism by correcting our children and ourselves when slang is used.
Re: UK slangs by 9ja4eva: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2007
Huh
Re: UK slangs by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2007
@horus

did you type that or did you get it from the net? undecided
Re: UK slangs by Horus(m): 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2007
From the net!!
Re: UK slangs by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2007
ok. . .lol, i was like wtf. . dnt mind me jare tongue tongue
Re: UK slangs by Horus(m): 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2007
[img]http://www.indiana.edu/~pietsch/brocawernicke.jpg[/img]
Broca’s Area

The usage of slang affects the Broca’s Area, this is where you learn to articulate and form phrases. It’s the portion of the brain that gives us overstanding of languages,with language expression being the function of motor control. You must overstand that any part of your body that is not being used; your brain will cut it off just like it never existed.
Re: UK slangs by eldee(m): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2007
Thingy- Stuff
oh ma dayz- suprise
Re: UK slangs by mrpataki(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2007
Give am belle grin

Meaning: Give it more blasting or volume tongue
Re: UK slangs by zigbo(f): 12:31am On Nov 28, 2007
is oh my days a slang? undecided

i like most of them uk slangs esp. those popular in the black community thats why i'm a big fan of dubplate drama, the way they talk is jst funny even when its not funny. . . love the accent.

but i rily rily hate the word "innit" daaang. . . its so annoying undecided it is supposed to mean aint it,but it is used at random even when its not necessary esp. the foreigners na them use am pass

who knows/likes "dubplate drama" its a drama,its also in series.
Re: UK slangs by smurf1(f): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2009
LOLZ!!, na wa for Thier slangs oh, grin grin grin
Re: UK slangs by ezeagu(m): 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2009
@ OP, Most of those slangs are actually from Jamaican Patois.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imagine: / Naughty Or Nice / Brain Teasers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.