Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I (10292 Views)

Osun State Assembly Mourns OSBC Reporter(photo) / Buhari Mourns Victims Of Uyo Church Building Collapse / Governor Udom Leaves After Collapse Of Reigners Bible Church Building. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by MxtaMichealz(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly mourns victims of Reigners Bible Church building collapse, observes one minutes silent. The Leader of the House, Rt. Hon. Sir Udo Kierian Akpan was called upon by the Speaker to pray for the departed souls.

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/akwa-ibom-state-house-of-assembly.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
cool cool cool cool

Welcome development

Just pray some innocent kid is not blamed for this.
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Moreoffaith(m): 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
hmmm... may their soul rest in peace.
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by habibest06(m): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
.rip
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Crixina(f): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pray?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by optimusprime2(m): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Where is the published list?
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by kingvectorv(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
May the souls of all who died there RIP
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by friedcorn: 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Many of them are already in hell......prayers will not save them. Bible says once dead cometh judment.

U can correct me if am wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by MxtaMichealz(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by pennywys(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
How does that brings succor to the family of the departs,
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Peterpanny: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
The fact that they died inside the church doesnt mean that they will go to heaven if there is any.
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Samtexjohn2: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
shocked
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by seXytOhbAd(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
RIP to the dead.... The church should be made liable for their deaths in my humble opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by ANIEXTY(m): 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
So somebody washed,starched,iron his/her clothes polished the shoe sprayed nice perfume, went out to church and never came back home.
Imagine if that girl went there with heavy make-up and brazilian hair and a sinfull heart, think of it that the guy went there without beeing born again, what will be their excuse during judgement ?

."GOD forebid, it shall never happen to me or any of my loved one or the people i know!!"
i know thats what you'll say, but ask yourself

"if it comes now am i ready ?"
.Think of it

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by lonelydora: 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
The pastor should be arrested and not the contractor

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
R they still investigating ?
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by AkinPhysicist: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
cool This man of God fraud should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. He was so hell-bent (pun very intended) to do his ordination that he callously disregarded the safety of his parishioners. To see how heartless and wicked this guy is - he left his dead and dying members and went to another church to finish his wicked ordination. Unfortunately, I fear this useless excuse of a human being will not be prosecuted because he has very strong political connections (aka the governor of Akwa-Ibom) and there are still thousands of gullible Nigerians that will still continue to follow these animal as their spiritual leader. Nigerians are naturally intelligent - however religion has turned most Nigerians into absolute moronic zombies. Anytime God is mentioned their ability to reason flies out of the window. They turn into senseless illogical zombies defending the indefensible and giving excuses for absolute wickedness. cool
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Boyooosa(m): 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
Some church leaders no go learn from this... some go still wan build another cathedral free of charge. Isch!
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by AkinPhysicist: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
cool This man of God fraud should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. He was so hell-bent (pun very intended) to do his ordination that he callously disregarded the safety of his parishioners. To see how heartless and wicked this guy is - he left his dead and dying members and went to another church to finish his wicked ordination. Unfortunately, I fear this useless excuse of a human being will not be prosecuted because he has very strong political connections (aka the governor of Akwa-Ibom) and there are still thousands of gullible Nigerians that will still continue to follow these animal as their spiritual leader. Nigerians are naturally intelligent - however religion has turned most Nigerians into absolute moronic zombies. Anytime God is mentioned their ability to reason flies out of the window. They turn into senseless illogical zombies defending the indefensible and giving excuses for absolute wickedness. cool
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Catastrophe1: 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
May the souls of the departed rest in paradise.
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Emmariks(m): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
i'v been refreshing this page to make FTC. But see where i found myself.
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by ANIEXTY(m): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
AkinPhysicist:
Dnt say what u dnt knw

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by RentALodge: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
This is how the cookie crumbles: A pastor with a growing church decides he will like to have an even bigger building. He looks around for a good builder and church member and Papa Rufus, a hard-working deacon comes to mind. Papa Rufus calls up a very good draughtsman he knows, Tunde, (alias Vasco da Gama).

They work on this thing for all of a full hour and schedule an appointment with Apostle the next day. da Gama has put up a draft drawing and Apostle makes a few corrections. He releases a million for "preliminary works" from which da Gama and Company bring out pretty 3D proto with the help of a clever HND architecture guy.

The Apostle is impressed with the 3D that is now gleaming in a show glass. There will be an unveiling on Sunday and a raptorous reception by church members. Loud and enthusiastic prayers follow, the devil is ordered to leave the project alone. Papa Rufus is mobilized and he calls up Wasiu in Lagos to come with his small team of masons. He recruits many other church members and starts giving out petty supplies contracts. Normal bickering begins and reports pile on Apostle's desk which soaks his attention in respect of the project.

In the meantime the building is piling up too and one day, Papa Rufus gets called by his nephew who is the site supervisor that some people have come to disturb them - they say they are from the Ministry of Lands and Urban development. Papa Rufus psyches them and "finds something" for them after consultations and elaborate negotiations. We are talking about mid six figures here, as "many departments are involved".

Calm returns, work resumes and a launch date is anticipated. Or a major ordination service along the line, whereupon Papa Rufus is ordered into overdrive. He proceeds to waive some procedures you can "do without" like wrapping freshly-cast concrete in polyurethane to cure for two weeks. Everyone knows portland cement will cure, wrapped or not. A roof is assembled, the congregation is summoned to come happy and gaily dressed.

The governor, a politician whose strength is in numbers salivates to be the guest of honour and prepares trigger words for the occasion. He sees how political 'structures' can be anchored with these type of events and targets a donation that will cut him an image of a lover of the church. At the first very loud shout of "Hallelujah", the powerful vibrations set off by a combination of of a mighty public address system and a big congregation querries the building rudely. The answer comes in ways to weep about.

If you see this picture as I do, the first line of people you want in the dock re those government officials who looked the other way! Ambode of Lagos fired his appointee in charge of building approvals after a structure went down in Lagos, didn't he? I think that is how it should be. Then the technical experts who signed those approvals should actually face criminal prosecution. As for Papa Rufus, where is COREN and what size of jobs are categories of builders like this authorised to undertake? He should be sent to the judge along with Vasco da Gama. ‎

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by phantom24: 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

Who told you all these? I mean What is really wrong with ur head?
Re: Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I by Horus(m): 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cV4om2kNiM

Nigeria orders arrest of engineers after church collapse

Nigerian officials have reportedly ordered the arrest of contractors and engineers involved in the construction of a church, which collapsed on Saturday killing scores of people.

(1) (Reply)

98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) / HURIWA Condemns Buhari’s Silence On Kaduna Airport, Rail Attacks / Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.