Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) (11677 Views)

We Will Not Condone Cattle Rustling In Kogi – Yahaya Bello / 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish / Dogara Inaugurates Committee To End Economic Recession In Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by smogup: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
nextprince:

Cow is money and u know how money is protected.
so for you money is more important to you than your life
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by 1Rebel: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
lol
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Pavore9: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
nextprince:

Bro, cows are money and the safety of money has justifiably lead to many death.

I know about cattle rustling as a money spinning criminal enterprise but why has the IGP not inaugurated a committee to track those killer herdsmen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Pascal181: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
Protecting killers. This govt take animals security more crucial than that of humans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by akaahs(m): 8:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
Botched of jokers
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
eleburu:
IGP inaugurates committee on
implementation of curtailment of
cattle rustling in Nigeria
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP
Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni,
inaugurated an implementation
committee on curtailment of cattle
rustling in Nigeria at Force
Headquarters, Abuja on 13th December, 2016.

https://adeenewsblog..co.ke/2016/12/igp-inaugurates-committee-in-fight.html?m=1

CC: lalasticlala

Who rustles cattle in the south? These are done by northerners themselves.

The fulani herdsmen kill humans when you prevent them from feeding their herds with your cashcrops.

This is a lesson to all farmers, if a cow is worth more than human life, let your cassava also be worth more than humans.

The police would protect herdsmen and herds than farmers and crops.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Emrixx(f): 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
freeze001:

Pure, simple and straight to the point!
Babe I swear u are mouthed
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
VampireeM:
Another Chop I chop committee sitting in an AC office while fulani herdsmen send people to their early grave. Its only this administration that values the lives of animals more than humans

Yes ofcourse. When d administrative head is d commander-in-chief of d arm-nimal forces. Surprised ?

1 Like

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by freeze001(f): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Emrixx:
Babe I swear u are mouthed

Ahn ahn! What have I said now? grin tongue
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by nextprince: 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
TheAyesHaveit:

What a bullcrap!! How many times have their castles been rustled in north central, south east and south west? Cattle rustling is being carried out the the core north by the northerners and criminal elements from neighbouring countries. The herds men go on wanton destruction of lives and properties in the south for no justifiable reason.

Bro, I stayed in the east for more than1yr, so don't attempt to tell me something different from what I have seen with my eyes. Some Ibo boys even go into physical confrontation with their fellow Ibo boys whenever they (the thieves among them) rustle the fulani cows cos the consequences of such rustling is known to everyone.
Note, I'm not fulani but let's be sincere. The violence of fulani herdsmen did not start yesterday and all have direct link to the rustling of their cattle which is not different from robbery.
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by nextprince: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
smogup:
so for you money is more important to you than your life

If killing of armed robbers is justified, same to that bro.
Note, I'm not fulani but that's the truth.
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Emrixx(f): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
freeze001:

Ahn ahn! What have I said now? grin tongue
Read tru ur write up again na
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by harmbhrosz(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
nextprince:

Bro, I stayed in the east for more than1yr, so don't attempt to tell me something different from what I have seen with my eyes. Some Ibo boys even go into physical confrontation with their fellow Ibo boys whenever they (the thieves among them) rustle the fulani cows cos the consequences of such rustling is known to everyone.
Note, I'm not fulani but let's be sincere. The violence of fulani herdsmen did not start yesterday and all have direct link to the rustling of their cattle which is not different from robbery.
yea just like when an igbo man or a Yoruba is robbed, he picks up arm and start killing people in that community... The length some of you go to protect impunity simply indicates how dirty your reasonings are up north.

Shame on you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Kingspin(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
When innocent people of Nigeria are been murdered in South Kaduna, useless leaders and empty politicians.
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
And the bloodsucking fulanis in the south, when is a committee going to be set up to deal with these libyan killer herdsmen?,this government is just all shades of stupidity every time
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by nextprince: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
harmbhrosz:
yea just like when an igbo man or a Yoruba is robbed, he picks up arm and start killing people in that community... The length some of you go to protect impunity simply indicates how dirty your reasonings are up north.

Shame on you

Bro, this is not about impunity. Some of these cattle rustlings are properly organised and most times, the Fulanis know where the rustlers come from. The Fulanis can trace the foot prints of their cattle to anywhere if they are conveyed on ground and a Fulani man can correctly identify his cattle parts like the skin, hoof, head, tail etc even after butchering. When their cattle are rustled, they quickly swing into action with the aim of tracing the thieves. Once they are able to get hints, they don't bother themselves with any official protocol. The consequences are what we see as violence. Let me tell u, some of the rustlers even kill the Fulanis just that the Fulanis are illiterates and they are not into all these media things so u will never hear their own side of the story. It is only their retaliatory actions that get to the media. I'm a living witness to all these things, so forget it. Some people/communities have taken this cattle rustling as a very big business. I can mention names of communities in the east which are very notorious for this but I wouldn't for obvious reasons.
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by oluwaahmed: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
herzern:
Gimmicks like this dont deceive me.....

Despite the numerous appallinq atrocities this ruthless Fulani herdsmen have committed..

How many of them have been prosecuted??

Prosecuted Bros u dint even ask if any committee at all was set up 2 investigate d matter, or if d president even cared 2 tuk abt it b4 it was almost leadin 2 war. Prosecuted shws d govt actually cared abt gettin d perpetrators 2 book. Anyway Dnt blame d IGP he's tryin 2 make his oga happy, afterall 2019 is not too far away.

1 Like

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by Chukazu: 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
...and not even a "standing committee " to fight the persistent murderous Fulani herdsmen?
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by DonCortino: 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
nextprince:

The fulani violence is a consequence of rustling, stop the rustling and the violence will follow naturally. The cattle of a Fulani man is his treasure. Attempt robbing a man of 10k and see if he wouldn't take ur life if he can.

How much were u paid to spew the rubbish u are spewing?

Fulani invade farm lands with their cattle, and if the farmers try to prevent them, they get hacked to death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by tinsel: 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
They are more concerned about killing and stealing cows. I expected also committee against Fulani menace.
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by MeAboki(m): 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
nextprince:

The fulani violence is a consequence of rustling, stop the rustling and the violence will follow naturally. The cattle of a Fulani man is his treasure. Attempt robbing a man of 10k and see if he wouldn't take ur life if he can.

So far, the only sensible objective person that understands the problem and is willing to enlighten a bunch of mofos blinded by bigotry and hatred.

1 Like

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by nextprince: 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
DonCortino:

How much were u paid to spew the rubbish u are spewing?

Fulani invade farm lands with their cattle, and if the farmers try to prevent them, they get hacked to death.

Not true bro. Fulanis do pay for damages contrary to all these media propaganda of farm destruction. I have witnessed these events many times and sometimes, having accidentally destroyed farms, they report themselves to village/ward heads even b4 the farm owners observe such.
I have witnessed mischief by some farmers who willingly invite the Fulanis to graze on their farmlands after harvesting because of farmyard manure only to turn around feigning ignorance of fulani presence in his farm and start claiming damages.
Bro, take it or leave it, the cause of fulani violence is rustling and that is robbery. If u run into armed robbers and u have the chance of killing them, will u spare them because their lives are more important than ur money? Or is it because the Fulanis don't go to media due to ignorance/illiteracy?
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by OpinionCounts(m): 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
nextprince:

But the Niger delta has been robbed and is still been robbed of their treasure and yet they do not do 1/100th of the type of killing and destruction this Fulani's do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by freeze001(f): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
nextprince:

Not true bro. Fulanis do pay for damages contrary to all these media propaganda of farm destruction. I have witnessed these events many times and sometimes, having accidentally destroyed farms, they report themselves to village/ward heads even b4 the farm owners observe such.
I have witnessed mischief by some farmers who willingly invite the Fulanis to graze on their farmlands after harvesting because of farmyard manure only to turn around feigning ignorance of fulani presence in his farm and start claiming damages.
Bro, take it or leave it, the cause of fulani violence is rustling and that is robbery. If u run into armed robbers and u have the chance of killing them, will u spare them because their lives are more important than ur money? Or is it because the Fulanis don't go to media due to ignorance/illiteracy?

The women and children that get slaughtered in their sleep or burned out of their houses are mere collateral damage obviously! Agatu people that were cleared out en masse and their land occupied all rustled fulani cattle right?

The truth which u refuse to acknowledge is that anyone who equates cattle to human life is worse than a beast unfit to live among sane humans. U cannot excuse their blood thirsty natures and deliberate attempts to wipe out certain people under guise of missing cattle and 'fortunately' for them their grand patron is in power thus guaranteeing them state protection in their criminal enterprise.

Why must nomadic cattle rearing still be encouraged in this time and age? They ought to embrace more modern ranching methods, keep their cattle in a place n breed them there in a civilised manner! With all their fulani drama is Nigeria close to any country that has d highest milk n beef production n export level? When cattle owners invest in ranches they will better contain their animals to avoid trespass on farmlands and they will better secure their cattle from rustlers too! This is what u should be advocating and not preaching ur idea of justification of criminal destruction and murder of properties n persons!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by nextprince: 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
freeze001:

The women and children that get slaughtered in their sleep or burned out of their houses are mere collateral damage obviously! Agatu people that were clear out en masse and there land occupied all rustled fulani cattle right?

The truth which u refuse to acknowledge is that anyone who equates cattle to human life is worse than a beast unfit to live among sane humans. U cannot excuse their blood thirsty natures and deliberate attempts to wipe out certain people under guise of missing cattle and 'fortunately' for them their grand patron is on power thus guaranteeing them state protection in their criminal enterprise.

Why must nomadic rearing still be encouraged in this time and age? They ought to embrace more modern ranching methods, keep their cattle in a place n breed them there in a civilised manner! With all their fulani drama is Nigeria close to any country that has d highest milk production n export level?

@ d highlighted, same applies to anyone who equates money and/or any valuable item/property to human lives and kill or support the killing of armed robbers caught for dispossesing or attempting to disposses others of their money and/or valuable items/property.
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by nextprince: 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
OpinionCounts:

But the Niger delta has been robbed and is still been robbed of their treasure and yet they do not do 1/100th of the type of killing and destruction this Fulani's do.

Robbed? Pls what is ur definition of robbery? Support ur definition with relevant sections of "whichever constitution" and relate it to "ND has been robbed" declaration.
Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by k9ine(m): 12:21am On Dec 14, 2016
greenermodels:
if a Fulani robs a fellow Fulani, it's a crime but when a Fulani robs,rapes or kills a farmer, it becomes nothing. sai baba till 2023.
How interesting.
Use government money and resources to protect private busineses that pays no tax.
When would a task force be set up to protect farmlands which is a source of livelihood to farmerss from willful trespassing and destruction by herdsmen, armed or unarmed.
I am not surprised, afterall the Army already has a team up North that goes out to recover rustled cattle.
Welcome to Naija where some people will call a cow 'uncle' becos they want to eat meat.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by SycophanticGoat: 12:35am On Dec 14, 2016
nextprince:

Bro, this is not about impunity. Some of these cattle rustlings are properly organised and most times, the Fulanis know where the rustlers come from. The Fulanis can trace the foot prints of their cattle to anywhere if they are conveyed on ground and a Fulani man can correctly identify his cattle parts like the skin, hoof, head, tail etc even after butchering. When their cattle are rustled, they quickly swing into action with the aim of tracing the thieves. Once they are able to get hints, they don't bother themselves with any official protocol. The consequences are what we see as violence. Let me tell u, some of the rustlers even kill the Fulanis just that the Fulanis are illiterates and they are not into all these media things so u will never hear their own side of the story. It is only their retaliatory actions that get to the media. I'm a living witness to all these things, so forget it. Some people/communities have taken this cattle rustling as a very big business. I can mention names of communities in the east which are very notorious for this but I wouldn't for obvious reasons.

And he keeps talking trash in order to buttress his useless points about his justifying terrorism. Now let me ask you, what about several situations where Fulani terrorists encroached on people's farmlands and upon siting them, they murder, or brutalize the owner of the farmland or rape (in the case of a woman).

Its only a demonic human being that would ignore all the animalistic acts of the herdsmen just to justify their terrorism tendencies. Even my friend, a Kabba guy from Kogi, told me how Fulani terrorists brutalized their farmers until their gathered themselves to retaliate. Or should we all keep mum while they brutalize farmers and feed their cattle with the livelihood of another man.

The fact is, if Fulani terrorists herdsmen respect the rights of farmers and stop encroaching on their crops, then there wouldn't have been anything like cattle rustling down south. Did you even see a thread a Nairalander created sometimes back, on how these troublesome and heartless people encroached on his father's farmland and destroyed all the crops they relied on for survival? You won't see it because it means nothing to you for someone to loose his means of livelihood but means everything when a fulani man looses his own livelihood.

God forbid people's reasoning tho.. SmH

1 Like

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by SycophanticGoat: 12:40am On Dec 14, 2016
nextprince:

Just shut it already? Why do people talk as if they don't have sense? So a Fulani man should allowed to encroach on a farmer's crop and means of livelihood at will? So a farmer's piece of land, full of crops he suffered to plant and grow is not worth his life? The crops should be destroyed by terrorists herdsmen while the farmer's should watch them and even thank them for a job well done? The way these people reason defies logic and berate critical thinking. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: IGP Inaugurates Committee In Fight Against Cattle Rustling In Nigeria (photo) by MayorMgbedike(m): 12:57am On Dec 14, 2016
nextprince:

Cattle rustling leads to that bro and the best cure for a sickness is attacking the causative agents rather than the symptoms.
Fulanis don't joke with their cattle (everyone knows that) cos that's all they have. U can't disposses me of my life savings and expect me to clap hands for u. It is only rustlers and their accomplices that will not be happy with this.

Cattle rustling will be a risky adventure had all these cattle farmers have a Ranch with cowboys fully armed on guard. But when you use your Fuji dance steps come spoil someone Makossa wetin you expect? Herdsmen take cattle to destroy farm products and rustling began.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers / IBB @80: Governor Abubakar Sani Bello Describes Him As A Patriot And Nationalist / Governorship Election: Maduka Tours Wards, LGAs In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.