Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? (783 Views)

3 African Countries That Stopped Celebrating Christmas / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday / How Come Atheists Are Celebrating Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
What is the origin of Christmas celebrations? When was Christmas first celebrated and why do we have them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? by alBHAGDADI: 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
Christmas has always been a pagan celebration which was known as winter solstice. It involved a period during the snowy period when pagans prayed for the return of the sun. It was a huge celebration in Rome then and was widely known as a pagan celebration until the Roman Emperor, Constantine, formed a super religion in Rome then.

The religion he formed was the Roman Catholic Church which is a merger of Babylonian pagan religions and Christianity. This move was widely rejected by the true followers of Christ as they saw the new church as a tool of Satan cos they bowed down to statue of Mary amidst other practices which the Bible condemned. This made the Catholic Church influenced emperor to persecute and kill most of them.

The merger now made the Roman Catholic Church to adopt the winter solstice festival which they Christianized and named it Christmas. They labelled it the birthday of Jesus.

Dumb Christians have since been celebrating it without even knowing the origin. A JW book once made an illustration which appealed to me. It tends to make those who say the origin of Christmas doesn't matter but the essence. This it did by showing a picture of a lollipop sweet in a dirt gutter. Even though you pick the sweet out of it and washed it, the washing can never erase the fact that it was drawn from a dirty gutter.

Ask yourself, do we know the exact date Christ was born?
Did he command us to celebrate his birthday or rather break bread and wine in remembrance of him?
Do we think he is really happy about the shameless partying, wild sex, knockouts, alcohol etc that Christians engage in on that day?

If Christians know the extent of the assignment Yahshua the Messiah gave to them, they won't even think about eating talk less of looking for the slightest excuse to party. The worse part is that our Pastorpreneurs have deceived us with a clever lie that we will be raptured away from facing the tribulations of the Antichrist. I pity for the fools who have believed that lie.

Are you any better than Stephen who got stoned to death, Paul who got killed, Peter who got crucified upside down, Antipas who got burned right in front of Satan's throne inTurkey etc?

Those men gave their life preaching the gospel, yet a person like you that has not won a single soul strongly believes he will escaped the kind of tribulations they faced cos a lying pastor told him there will be a rapture.

If all the good Christians get raptured while leaving the sinners behind, don't you think the devil won't need to torment anybody again to receive the mark of the beast since its only sinners who are already his slaves that are left?

Let me tell you a shocker. There won't be any rapture. You are going to be here on earth to face the Antichrist. That faith you claim you have, that love for Christ will be tested. That is why I pity Christians who attend prosperity gospel churches. These satanic prophets are making you fall asleep in such a way that you won't know what hit you when the Antichrist appears. Mind you, he is already here and making himself manifest in that religion that hates Christianity and terrorises them with bomb. Make your research on Google.

These pastors dumb you down with prosperity gospel instead of getting you prepared for that troublesome moment. After you leave church, you dump your Bible and start checking out blogs where you see topics like "Look at Tiwa Savage's boobs". All those things keep you away from the true knowledge of God.

Majority of Christians will count what I have said to be heresy. But asked them to tell you their own version, it is certainly going to be the same lies told to them by the suit wearing niggahs. They have failed to find out things for themselves.

Well, keep celebrating what your Bible never sanctioned. But if you agree with what I have said concerning Christmas, then it means you have been placed in a good position to see how FAKE pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, Same Adeyemi etc all are. Compare their life with that of the apostles and disciples I mentioned up there to see whether you will find any similarity.

It's now left for you to decide to continue on the right part or go back to them.

peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? by EazyMoh(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lol! Pastor alBHAGDADI better for you to direct your frustrations to the myriad of jargons in your religion instead of obsessing yourself with Islam to the extent of driving your moniker from one of its cities. btw it's spelt Albaghdadi.
Christmas is one of pagan practices introduced when Christianity was formated to conform to pagan practice of Constantine as you rightly stated, same with many aspects even at the core of the Christian faith. Too bad non of you is ready to even attempt correcting it like calling Jesus by his real name for starters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? by alBHAGDADI: 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
EazyMoh:
Lol! Pastor alBHAGDADI better for you to direct your frustrations to the myriad of jargons in your religion instead of obsessing yourself with Islam to the extent of driving your moniker from one of its cities. btw it's spelt Albaghdadi.
Christmas is one of pagan practices introduced when Christianity was formated to conform to pagan practice of Constantine as you rightly stated, same with many aspects even at the core of the Christian faith. Too bad non of you is ready to even attempt correcting it like calling Jesus by his real name for starters.
I use the name Al Baghdadi, a name gotten from the famous ISIS leader and Islamic terrorist, cos i believe he will one day be converted like God converted Saul to Paul or he gets used to destroy the religion of terrorism.

Anyway, this thread is about Christmas.
Re: Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? by EazyMoh(m): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
I use the name Al Baghdadi, a name gotten from the famous ISIS leader and Islamic terrorist, cos i believe he will one day be converted like God converted Saul to Paul or he gets used to destroy the religion of terrorism.

Anyway, this thread is about Christmas.
OK Good luck with that.
Re: Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What is the origin of Christmas celebrations? When was Christmas first celebrated and why do we have them?

Suggested answer:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christmas-origin.html

(1) (Reply)

The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists / Words That Will Change Your Life Forever. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/01/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.