Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker (4670 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill DELSU Staff And A Farmer / Saraki Appoints Chief Of Staff And Media Adviser / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by Maxidoe(m): 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2009
emiemi:

Ogb5 and erico2k2 seem to be the same person to me.

Pls go ahead and laud our
chief honourable Onanefe Ibori as nothing can change your stance. I do not have
to reside in Delta state to reap the benefit of a working gov there y'know. I asked
whether you know how much allocations come into the state and what was done
with such in the tenure of Ibori but you dodged the question. Your likes will not
get a chance in the Nigeria of tomorrow if you continue this your campaign for corrupt
(korokoro) leaders.

Spot on well said,quite an intelligent post,keep it up,stand up for what is right even if you stand up alone

ogb5:

Enrico, save your breath, don't waste time educating people who have refused to learn.

Some people quickly call Ibori names. They forget that they have never been in Delta state. They have not compared Ibori's achievement to the achievement of others, they quickly come out and type rubbish, calling Ibori a thief just because the heard others call him a thief.
While their state govs and federal officials steal them senseless, they forget where to channel their energies and lose focus. Blaming Ibori for the failure of their own governments.

Every right thinking delta indigene who is conversant with delta state knows the progress Ibori's govt brought to delta state.

Strangers can scream and call Ibori what ever name they like, but the efforts and achievements of Ibori is recorded by structures on the ground and is known by the people of delta state.

Mikesleek, If your gov was better than Ibori you will not have a problem naming who your gov was during Ibori's tenure. If you are bold enough to name your gov, I will tell you several ways Ibori was better than your gov.

This is not a matter of tribesman. Judging people should be based on facts. What facts do they have that Ibori was a worse crook than other govs and federal officials during their tenure.

I don't have data to show that Ibori stole more than others, what I have is that Ibori performed better than most govs in the country during their tenure, sentiments aside. I will not castigate a better performer like Ibori while glorifying poor performers.

Deceit is not patriotism,another man's total failure should not be an excuse for another man's failure.I lived in Warri through out the regime of Ibori,i had the opportunity to travel round the country,well Ibori built some infrastructure, that does not mean it is enough.For the fact that a student scored 10% in his exams and another one scores 30% in his exams does not mean the one with 30% passed, they both failed.We ought to celebrate if a criminal or thief is disgraced,and we would irrespective of where the person is from,if my Governor is disgraced today i would be more than happy cos he is a thief.And if u must know someone who is given 10billion naira is naturally expected to perform much more than someone who is given just 3billion naira.For your information Ibori cant beat his chest in term of performance where we have Donald Duke,yet Duke has also been indicted and he is also a thief and a criminal.If Ibori is given 50billion and he works with 10billion,does that not make him a thief,pls stop crying more than the bereaved, My advise for you quit fooling yourself here,nothing personal,you may not know you are fooling yourself here,so guy pls quit it,i mean you are ranting shamelessly and it seems you dont know it,am sorry for asking this please are you up to 10 years old,no offense,am just amazed at your level of understanding and manner of argument.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by erico2k2(m): 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2009
maxidoe, U dont quite get what Im saying, I know the guy embessled cash, but none of the govtin Nigeria today is clean, its politics and thats just how it is at the moment, have you ever stopped to ask yourself why Ibori was indicted and that?
@emiemi, its not my fault you are accessing the NET with you mobile which is probably crap, if not and you have a laptop or can afford to go to a ciber caf'e you would have been able to view my profile and ogb5's profile and know we are indeed two difrent people,shame on yah, anyway let me enlighten you a bit, if the Feds gives Ibori N50B, do you think al the N50 B was passed to him abi? the precidency never got like N10B out of it abi? or the house of Senate never shared like another N10B from that as well abi? sit there and be naive, fact is those calling Ibori thief are the uncaught thieves themselves.Look at Ribado today,his name is now becoming taged with fraud, what about waziri,the list goes on and on
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by Dialup(m): 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2009
Staff & Students of UniBen, Ihail una well-well.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by shakara4u(m): 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2009
[b][/b]@erico2k2:if u are young then,nigeria has a problem.whats your arguement.IBORI stole money Simple.and he should be convicted!at least some state Governers can still go to london.he should try it and see.your the trpe that tell us alams was convicted because he didnt support 3rd term as if it was third term that gave him money to london
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by ogb5(m): 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2009
Maxidoe:

Spot on well said,quite an intelligent post,keep it up,stand up for what is right even if you stand up alone

Deceit is not patriotism,another man's total failure should not be an excuse for another man's failure.I lived in Warri through out the regime of Ibori,i had the opportunity to travel round the country,well Ibori built some infrastructure, that does not mean it is enough.For the fact that a student scored 10% in his exams and another one scores 30% in his exams does not mean the one with 30% passed, they both failed.We ought to celebrate if a criminal or thief is disgraced,and we would irrespective of where the person is from,if my Governor is disgraced today i would be more than happy cos he is a thief.And if u must know someone who is given 10billion naira is naturally expected to perform much more than someone who is given just 3billion naira.For your information Ibori cant beat his chest in term of performance where we have Donald Duke,yet Duke has also been indicted and he is also a thief and a criminal.If Ibori is given 50billion and he works with 10billion,does that not make him a thief,pls stop crying more than the bereaved, My advise for you quit fooling yourself here,nothing personal,you may not know you are fooling yourself here,so guy pls quit it,i mean you are ranting shamelessly and it seems you dont know it,am sorry for asking this please are you up to 10 years old,no offense,am just amazed at your level of understanding and manner of argument.

First and foremost all politicians in Nigeria are thieves. Even the rev father who was made a gov during Ibori's tenure turned out to also be a thief. Having said that, we will now look for the bigger thief and criticise them accordingly.

Thank god you lived in Warri and you have confirmed that Ibori built 'some' infrastructures. the question is what did others do during the time Ibori was building those infrastructures you mentioned.

What did Obasanjo do in 8 years in Delta state. Remember the FG collects over 52% of the revenue while the state gov was collecting 29%. with 29% Ibori was able to build some structures all across the state while the FG did nothing in delta state with 52% of the revenue. so why criticise Ibori more?

In you analogy, If I have two children, one score 30% and the other score 10% my annoyance will be on the bigger failure who got 10% than on the one who scored 30%.

Based on that analogy I will criticise the federal govt and other state govs more than Ibori, because they failed more woefully than Ibori.

I will criticise the FG first because it failed more before I criticise Ibori, I will not tell you that Ibori did not steal but we have bigger thieves amonst us than Ibori. Modifying public opinion away from the bigger thieves will not help us on the long run. If Bode George, a common Board chairman could misappropraite 84 billion, use your head and calculate how much other federal officials in the several ministries and boards misappropraited. This same Bode Goerge was shielded by Obasanjo.

We still have the 300 billion tony Anineh has not accounted for. Certainly there are Interests groups within the country that will not want you to look at these thieves. Anytime you talk corruption, they shout Ibori to take your focus away from the bigger thieves.

You are comparing duke to Ibori, Duke did projects in calabar, Ibori did projects in every local govt of delta state. In terms of coverage, Ibori's project had more impact on more people of the state.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by bigpastor(m): 6:00am On Nov 18, 2009
It's encouraging to know that Evil will bow before Good
What a show of shame to Ibori and the Professor who play to the gallery
Like Martin Luther King rightly dreamed There's coming a time in Nigeria when money wont be the major factor to reckon with but UPRIGHTNESS,FAITHFULNESS,INTEGRITY and LOYALTY

PLS dont give up yet in Nigeria
THERE'S HOPE
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by dvirgin(m): 6:19am On Nov 18, 2009
mikesleek:

The University of Benin has begun a new search for another speaker for its convocation lecture after the Acting Vice Chancellor was overwhelmed by protests from staff, students and alumni after Saharareporters exposed his plan to give the honour to the embattled former Delta State Governor James Ibori.

In anticipation of victory by the Federal High Court in Asaba to quash money-laundering charges against the former governor, Professor Emmanuel Kubeyinje, an Itsekiri from Delta State, had been contacted to help provide a platform for Ibori to relaunch himself. The Delta State government was also backing lavish parties to be held in celebration of Ibori's "victory."

Several petitions by civil society groups however forced the troubled Federal High Court judge in Asaba, Marcel Awokulehin, to postpone his ruling.  Saharareporters had reported that the judgment would be favorable to Ibori.   Awokulehin disappointed James bori and his throng of supporters when he refused to give the judgement that would have quashed the 170-count charge of graft, money laundering and abuse of office proffered against Ibori at the court, which had been created specifically for Ibori.

Working with the recently retired Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Ibori had successfully chosen Awokulehin and the EFCC prosecutor, Ibrahim Isyaku (SAN) to "prosecute" him at the Federal High Court in Asaba in a building purchased and “donated” to the Federal High Court by the Delta State government.

The court building, which is in the residential area of the GRA in Asaba, ought to have been located in Warri. The Delta state government bought the building from a former Ibori special assistant and current Commissioner for Land and Surveys in the state, Barrister Raymond Guana.  Most officials of the current Delta State cabinet, including the governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan and his deputy, Professor Utuama were indicted in the 170-count charge being tried by the Asaba judge.

In the University of Benin's search for a new speaker, the institution has now reached out to the former governor of Edo state, Oyegun and the Lagos state governor, Babatunde Fashola.

Ibori graduated from the University of Benin in 1986 with a third class in Economics and Statistics. His academic records were destroyed in a mysterious fire that gutted the records office in UNIBEN in the late 1990s.

Analysts say Professor Kubeyinje's reputation may have taken a serious hit, as he should have been more discerning in his consideration of the discredited and indicted ex-convict, who has become a byword for corruption and official looting in Nigeria, as the respected institution's convocation speaker.

Source

BIG FAT LIE,,
Where and when did student protested? Mr poster why nt get info 4rm d right b4 posting? Was it d record room dat got burnt or the computer room?
As a matter of fact Ibori still nd will remains one of uniben's most respected Alumnus,
Let me mk it clear 2 u dt graduating with third class doesn't he wz a dull student, SMS.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by rasputinn(m): 6:51am On Nov 18, 2009
dvirgin:

BIG FAT LIE,,
Where and when did student protested? Mr poster why nt get info 4rm d right b4 posting? Was it d record room dat got burnt or the computer room?
As a matter of fact Ibori still nd will remains one of uniben's most respected Alumnus,
Let me mk it clear 2 u dt graduating with third class doesn't he wz a dull student, SMS.

No he was not,he was a smart thief even while in school
And stop insulting graduands of UNIBEN by saying that the waste product called Ibori is their best product,WHAT AN INSULT,except of course UNIBEN is an institution for breeding petty thieves,criminals,killers,liars and treasury looters
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by rasputinn(m): 6:56am On Nov 18, 2009
big pastor:

It's encouraging to know that Evil will bow before Good
PLS dont give up yet in Nigeria
THERE'S HOPE

Of course we wont give up.There's no peace for the wicked,try as all the psycophants and ibori apologists on NL might,the man himself knows that all is not well an there's an odium he's got to contend with,why do you think he went on all those fruitless media propaganda,he's so uncomfortable hence he's fighting tooth and nail to extricate himself from the web of justice,but the more he tries the more he gets entangled in that web,till the dayh he will be sent to prison,so whoever can say whatever,honestly it will have no bearing on the direction of Karma,which is against the thief called james onanefe ibori
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by Nezan(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2009
The man na real con-man.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by erico2k2(m): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2009
shakara4u:

[b][/b]@erico2k2:if u are young then,nigeria has a problem.whats your arguement.IBORI stole money Simple.and he should be convicted!at least some state Governers can still go to london.he should try it and see.your the trpe that tell us alams was convicted because he didnt support 3rd term as if it was third term that gave him money to london
I realy cant understand allwhat you wrote up there but I can tel l you that Im young and its people like you Nigeria has a Problem with cos U r Old,your type failed to live up with reality, Ibori can still come to London, he aint been convicted yet, case is still in court Oh I just rembered many of our leaders cant come to London and the US, I think Babangida is amongst them,I keep asking everyone here to tell us what states they come from b4 we start arguing, I bet U all are too embarassed to tell us,let him without Sin cast the first stone nah haba,and for thos of us who dont know lol Ibori Lived and strugled in London in his early days after Education, my Elder Coz was his room mate, he comes from a very poor family,he has his right of aboad and leave to remain B4 he returned to Nigeria,so I think that right would be withdrawn B4 you can start talking about him not being able to come to London, if you must know, he lived in the W3 area of london while he was here Ok,get ur facts right,I bet you never knew this.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by Czarskit(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
Ibori is a criminal. GBAM!!! tongue

Dem for let am come, make we use am take do pepper-soup. . . cool
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by mikesleek(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2009
dvirgin:

BIG FAT LIE,,

I gave you a source, go and verify since you are the one who does not believe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prof Soludo Sent Thugs To Disrupt My Sister's Burial -dora Akunyili / Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! / Christians, Muslims Besiege Jaiz Bank For Islamic Banking Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.