Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,745 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker (4672 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill DELSU Staff And A Farmer / Saraki Appoints Chief Of Staff And Media Adviser / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by fowler: 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker

So? make we start to dey celebrate, abi? Put him in jail, then we'll celebrate,
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by rasputinn(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
fowler:

Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker

So? make we start to dey celebrate, abi? Put him in jail, then we'll celebrate,

Putiing the grand thief called Ibori will take a while but steps like these are very encouraging,can you imagine how the society will be if Ibori and his type are treated with odium by the society at large;schools,governments,churches,hospitals,teh corporate world etc

So let's applaud this move and wait for the day he gets sent to where he rightly belongs,JAIL then we can pop the exotics,,,,,
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by bibiking1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
Now thats my Alma Mata!!!!
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by Pennywise(m): 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
Doesnt it tell a lot about the Nigerian media that it will take Sahara Reporters to make this revelation while the abundant mainstream 'objective' media that is on the ground simply ignores it?

The Nigerian media is part of the problem. Journalists have been victimized and pauperized to the extent that they have become willing tools in the hands of these corrupt men. In other countries the media lead the charge for change and their journalists cannot be bought. Here they have a price. They allow themselves to be used like pons and played against the people by these corrupt thieves.

I cant think of any where else but Nigeria where a common thieving shop attendant and his shoplifting wife (as recently as in 1993!!) will become multibillionaires, occupy the center stage of national discourse and manipulate the press so openly and so clearly.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by jswagg4(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2009
What da hell?invite him 4 wat?its better if robert mugabe becomes our minister of finance.i really admire d courage of d students,staff and alumini of uniben!!FASHOLA SHOULD BE INVITED INSTEAD,HE IS D BEST GOV. Naija has ever had.FASHO MY GUY,ABEG RIDE ON!!!!
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by oge4real(f): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2009
This is a warning to other executhieves. Revolution is on the way.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by rasputinn(m): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2009
Pennywise:

Doesnt it tell a lot about the Nigerian media that it will take Sahara Reporters to make this revelation while the abundant mainstream 'objective' media that is on the ground simply ignores it?

Please drum it into the blocked ears of those NLanders who will never see anything good in saharareporters

Pennywise:

I cant think of any where else but Nigeria where a common thieving shop attendant and his shoplifting wife (as recently as in 1993!!) will become multibillionaires, occupy the center stage of national discourse and manipulate the press so openly and so clearly.

It's such a shame
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by redsun(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
But who in the first place suggested ibori should be a convocation speaker?
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by redsun(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2009
Even university professors are not exempted  from the canker-worms of corruption and immoralities,what a damnation.

Education is suppose to free the mind of most ills,shortfalls and impurities,but in nigeria,it increases it,it makes them more stupid,greedy,unproductive and gullible.Zombie flesh eaters
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by erico2k2(m): 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
gerona:

@ericko2k2[b]Why are you lot decieving urselves, is Ibori the worse thief in the Land ?[/b]

I THINK U NEED YOUR BRAIN CHECKED. U MUST BE ONE OF THE CRONIES BENEFITTING FROM HIM. AT LEAST, THIS IS ONE THIEF DOWN.

@ IBORI - GO AND CONTINUE ENJOYING THE BILLIONS THAT YOU AND YOUR COHORTS STOLE AND LEAVE US ALONE.
Now you need your brains checked even more, Im from Delta State and I can tell you my state benefited more during the Ibori rule,there was so much monies spent on the states, it was during his tenure we dont have to pay for primary education in Delta state,he created DESOPADEc to give jobs to loads of people, he brought almost 6 higher learning infrastructure to the stae, bosaries where paid as at when due,N10k and above, built roads and bridges to places never imagined in the whole of Delta,man I cant go on n on, my stake here is, if Ibori is a thief as you said just cos he refused to share the Money with the rest of the crooks in the fedral level then the whole of Delta state is indeed guilty of this crime, now Im asking you again, what where his offence? cant you state them, you being a Lawyer?if you tell me his offence then we shall see if its any diffrent from any other state governement,why dont we for starters start with your state, tell me what the govt have done in 14 yrs lets check it out with what Ibori did for Delta state in 8 yrs, today we have Oil derivatives to delta state and indeed the whole of the Niger Delta cos of Him,your leaders are decieving you lot, the real thievs aint been caugh, eg, baba sshege.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by mikesleek(m): 1:12am On Nov 17, 2009
erico2k2:

Now you need your brains checked even more, Im from Delta State and I can tell you my state benefited more during the Ibori rule,there was so much monies spent on the states, it was during his tenure we dont have to pay for primary education in Delta state,he created DESOPADEc to give jobs to loads of people, he brought almost 6 higher learning infrastructure to the stae, bosaries where paid as at when due,N10k and above, built roads and bridges to places never imagined in the whole of Delta,man I cant go on n on, my stake here is, if Ibori is a thief as you said just cos he refused to share the Money with the rest of the crooks in the fedral level then the whole of Delta state is indeed guilty of this crime, now Im asking you again, what where his offence? cant you state them, you being a Lawyer?if you tell me his offence then we shall see if its any diffrent from any other state governement,why dont we for starters start with your state, tell me what the govt have done in 14 yrs lets check it out with what Ibori did for Delta state in 8 yrs, today we have Oil derivatives to delta state and indeed the whole of the Niger Delta cos of Him,your leaders are decieving you lot, the real thievs aint been caugh, eg, baba sshege.

We all know to what extent this guy emnriched himself with public funds and what we are trying to say here is that such people should not be given the honourable opprtunityb of being convocation speakers, for heaven's sake.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by stede(m): 2:26am On Nov 17, 2009
more questions than answers
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by rasputinn(m): 5:53am On Nov 17, 2009
redsun:

But who in the first place suggested ibori should be a convocation speaker?
redsun:

Even university professors are not exempted from the canker-worms of corruption and immoralities,what a damnation.

Good question.I'm completely dissappointed in the authorities of UNIBEN that suggested the criminal ibori to be their convocation speaker in the first place
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by ohunyon(m): 7:29am On Nov 17, 2009
May GOD help us.AMEN
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by ojesymsym: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2009
oh oh, they should have waited for him to come and then dealt with him seriously on our behalf, anyway they try well well
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by rasputinn(m): 8:55am On Nov 17, 2009
Don't Kirikiri inmates graduate?? ehen let him go and deliver the convocation lecture at the graduation of kirikiri inmates so that when he himself will be graduating in the future,someone in his mould will be there to deliver another lecture
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by emiemi(f): 9:18am On Nov 17, 2009
What amazes me about some NLanders is that they are very quick to display their lack of depth
especially ''defending'' their so called tribes man. Does corruption have a particular tribe or is it
a native of a land? Pls, Let's all condemn what is wrong and stop justifying evil. That's the way
forward. Fashola will be a very worthy representative at that event. he sure will inspire and
motivate the younger generation some of whose lives will be changed just by listening to a
speech like that.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by ogb5(m): 9:25am On Nov 17, 2009
erico2k2:

Enrico, save your breath, don't waste time educating people who have refused to learn.

Some people quickly call Ibori names. They forget that they have never been in Delta state. They have not compared Ibori's achievement to the achievement of others, they quickly come out and type rubbish, calling Ibori a thief just because the heard others call him a thief.
While their state govs and federal officials steal them senseless, they forget where to channel their energies and lose focus. Blaming Ibori for the failure of their own governments.

Every right thinking delta indigene who is conversant with delta state knows the progress Ibori's govt brought to delta state.

Strangers can scream and call Ibori what ever name they like, but the efforts and achievements of Ibori is recorded by structures on the ground and is known by the people of delta state.

mikesleek:

We all know to what extent this guy emnriched himself with public funds and what we are trying to say here is that such people should not be given the honourable opprtunityb of being convocation speakers, for heaven's sake.

Mikesleek, If your gov was better than Ibori you will not have a problem naming who your gov was during Ibori's tenure. If you are bold enough to name your gov, I will tell you several ways Ibori was better than your gov.

emiemi:

What amazes me about some NLanders is that they are very quick to display their lack of depth
especially ''defending'' their so called tribes man. Does corruption have a particular tribe or is it
a native of a land? Pls, Let's all condemn what is wrong and stop justifying evil. That's the way
forward. Fashola will be a very worthy representative at that event. he sure will inspire and
motivate the younger generation some of whose lives will be changed just by listening to a
speech like that.

This is not a matter of tribesman. Judging people should be based on facts. What facts do they have that Ibori was a worse crook than other govs and federal officials during their tenure.

I don't have data to show that Ibori stole more than others, what I have is that Ibori performed better than most govs in the country during their tenure, sentiments aside. I will not castigate a better performer like Ibori while glorifying poor performers.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by rasputinn(m): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2009
emiemi:

especially ''defending'' their so called tribes man
. Does corruption have a particular tribe or is it
speech like that.

They won't fool anybody as the many criminal acts of Ibori are legendary and the records are available for all to see
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by ogb5(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2009
rasputinn:

They won't fool anybody as the many criminal acts of Ibori are legendary and the records are available for all to see

Can you guide to where I can see the records? Just point every one on this forum to where they can see the records of Ibori's criminal acts as a gov of delta state.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by emiemi(f): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2009
@Ogb5
You see the problem that I just pointed out? What are you defending? Are you a relation of Ibori?
Or simply, have you been granted some contracts (supply it is mostly called though you end up supplying nothing)
while the guy was in power? You are eagerly ready to defend the poor man whose arse will soon
follow Bode George to lay in Kirikiri.

Go to saharareporters.com for a lot of proofs (which you will still find unsatisfactory) which you seek.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by Caringpro(f): 10:23am On Nov 17, 2009
I believe that the 'hurricane' thief as much as you can is gradually coming to an end in Nigeria if this present tempo will be sustained. Thieves will be sidelined in the scheme of things. SHAME TO IBORI AND THOSE LIKE HIM
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by erico2k2(m): 10:26am On Nov 17, 2009
@emiemi, I will  presume you aint from Delta state  and know nothing of it,what Ogb5 is saying is quite correct, do we have to spell it out for you, Everybody in DELTA State benefited from Ibori governorship,  and if you are Bold anough tell us what state you come from lets compare facts on ground one on one what your govt did for your state if not embesle ur ur allocation, and you lot stood like fools watching to scared to scream, go on I dare you,WHO IS OR WAS OR GOVT DURING IBORI reign? I dare you to speak out.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by erico2k2(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2009
Caringpro:

I believe that the 'hurricane' thief as much as you can is gradually coming to an end in Nigeria if this present tempo will be sustained. Thieves will be sidelined in the scheme of things. SHAME TO IBORI AND THOSE LIKE HIM
Same question goes to you, WHAT STATE ARE YOU FROM AND WHO WAS YOUR GOVT? and may I remind you, can you please state three of Ibori's Crime so I know we are at same wavelenght?just thre,Im waiting.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by emiemi(f): 10:44am On Nov 17, 2009
erico2k2:

@emiemi, I will presume you aint from Delta state and know nothing of it,what Ogb5 is saying is quite correct, do we have to spell it out for you, Everybody in DELTA State benefited from Ibori governorship, and if you are Bold anough tell us what state you come from lets compare facts on ground one on one what your govt did for your state if not embesle your your allocation, and you lot stood like fools watching to scared to scream, go on I dare you,WHO IS OR WAS OR GOVT DURING IBORI reign? I dare you to speak out.

I am a bonafide Deltan Mr erico to your shame. But all your claims are nothingness.
What you need is information on how much the state gets as allocations and the
internal revenues generated. Then compare with what you ''seemingly'' observed to
be government efforts at alleviating the poverty and disunity in that land.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by erico2k2(m): 10:52am On Nov 17, 2009
emiemi:

I am a bonafide Deltan Mr erico to your shame. But all your claims are nothingness.
internal revenues generated. Then compare with what you ''seemingly'' observed to
Now I dont think so if you r a Deltan, where in the Delta areyou from, by the way, I asked you to mention the criminal deeds, he commited, you are still yet to tell me,Im waiting, go on tell me the offence he comited,you tell me what the present Govt is now doing,in Delta STATE,NOTHING is happening, has any school of higher learning been created No, no new roads built, everything we see today are all of Ibori's govt,,FASHOLA is doing a Damn good Job in Lagos right now, does that mean he aint  enriching himelf? remain blinded just cos people are quick to throw thier towels in U follow suit.You are there telling me I need info, info from where when Im sitting right next to all the infos I need.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by ogb5(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2009
emiemi:

@Ogb5
You see the problem that I just pointed out? What are you defending? Are you a relation of Ibori?
Or simply, have you been granted some contracts (supply it is mostly called though you end up supplying nothing)
while the guy was in power? You are eagerly ready to defend the poor man whose arse will soon
follow Bode George to lay in Kirikiri.

Go to saharareporters.com for a lot of proofs (which you will still find unsatisfactory) which you seek.

emiemi:

You claim to be from delta state but the highlighted texts shows that you are very alien to the affairs of delta state.

During Ibori's tenure, supply was not the way gov money was spent. Contracts where given out for construction mostly. The question you should ask is if the constructions were done.

If you are from delta state as you claim then come back to delta state from wherever you have hidden yourself and see things on the ground before you join others blindly in calling your leaders thieves.

Come to delta state and you will see the footprint of Ibori's tenure in all corners of delta state.

Wherever you are, there are several ways Ibori was better than the gov of that state. So criticise your non performing state and federal officials before you criticise Ibori.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by emiemi(f): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2009
Ogb5 and erico2k2 seem to be the same person to me.

Pls go ahead and laud our
chief honourable Onanefe Ibori as nothing can change your stance. I do not have
to reside in Delta state to reap the benefit of a working gov there y'know. I asked
whether you know how much allocations come into the state and what was done
with such in the tenure of Ibori but you dodged the question. Your likes will not
get a chance in the Nigeria of tomorrow if you continue this your campaign for corrupt
(korokoro) leaders.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by ogb5(m): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2009
emiemi:

Everyone that criticises your position must be one and thesame person to you. Suit yourself

emiemi:

I do not have to reside in Delta state to reap the benefit of a working gov there y'know.

You are wrong there. You have to be on ground to know what actually happened. Ibori was not like most politicians, he did not hire praise singers to blow his trumpets, so if you live far away you will not see the goodies.
Come back home for a vacation and tour the state. A trial will convince you  cool

emiemi:

Pls go ahead and laud our chief honourable Onanefe Ibori as nothing can change your stance.

you can't change my stance by not being objective. You claim to be from Delta state. Can you tell me one delta gov who has performed better than Ibori since the creation of Delta state? If you can not, then you will agree with me that Ibori is the best gov delta state has got since its creation. And should you really be criticising the best gov blindly?

emiemi:

I asked whether you know how much allocations come into the state and what was done
with such in the tenure of Ibori but you dodged the question. Your likes will not
get a chance in the Nigeria of tomorrow if you continue this your campaign for corrupt
(korokoro) leaders.

The allocation to the states and local govts were widely published by the federal govt during Ibori's tenure. So its no secret. Also alot of projects were done by Ibori during his tenure. so whats the issue.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by bandely(m): 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2009
lol! Naija don dey vex.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by citizenY(m): 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2009
Quote from Pennywise
« #35 on: Yesterday at 06:03:18 PM »
Doesnt it tell a lot about the Nigerian media that it will take Sahara Reporters to make this revelation while the
abundant mainstream 'objective' media that is on the ground simply ignores it?

You seem to forget that many newspaper and radio houses were established with these stolen funds. In any case, the
brown envelopes were not passing throught the post office when these guys were/are in power. In any case, they were
friends to the proprietors anyway.
Re: Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker by Maxidoe(m): 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2009
emiemi:

Pls go ahead and laud our
chief honourable Onanefe Ibori as nothing can change your stance. I do not have
to reside in Delta state to reap the benefit of a working gov there y'know. I asked
whether you know how much allocations come into the state and what was done
(korokoro) leaders.
emiemi:

Spot on,this is really intelligent and says it all,keep up stand for the truth even if you stand alone.

ogb5 link=topic=351780.msg4940954#msg4940954 date=1258446359:

Enrico, save your breath, don't waste time educating people who have refused to learn.

Some people quickly call Ibori names. They forget that they have never been in Delta state. They have not compared Ibori's achievement to the achievement of others, they quickly come out and type rubbish, calling Ibori a thief just because the heard others call him a thief.
While their state govs and federal officials steal them senseless, they forget where to channel their energies and lose focus. Blaming Ibori for the failure of their own governments.

Every right thinking delta indigene who is conversant with delta state knows the progress Ibori's govt brought to delta state.

Strangers can scream and call Ibori what ever name they like, but the efforts and achievements of Ibori is recorded by structures on the ground and is known by the people of delta state.

Mikesleek, If your gov was better than Ibori you will not have a problem naming who your gov was during Ibori's tenure. If you are bold enough to name your gov, I will tell you several ways Ibori was better than your gov.

This is not a matter of tribesman. Judging people should be based on facts. What facts do they have that Ibori was a worse crook than other govs and federal officials during their tenure.

I don't have data to show that Ibori stole more than others, what I have is that Ibori performed better than most govs in the country during their tenure, sentiments aside. I will not castigate a better performer like Ibori while glorifying poor performers.

Deceit is not patriotism,another man's total failure should not be an excuse for another man's failure.I lived in Warri through out the regime of Ibori,i had the opportunity to travel round the country,well Ibori built some infrastructure, that does not mean it is enough.For the fact that a student scored 10% in his exams and another one scores 30% in his exams does not mean the one with 30% passed, they both failed.We ought to celebrate if a criminal or thief is disgraced,and we would irrespective of where the person is from,if my Governor is disgraced today i would be more than happy cos he is a thief.And if u must know someone who is given 10billion naira is naturally expected to perform much more than someone who is given just 3billion naira.For your information Ibori cant beat his chest in term of performance where we have Donald Duke,yet Duke has also been indicted and he is also a thief and a criminal.If Ibori is given 50billion and he works with 10billion,does that not make him a thief,pls stop crying more than the bereaved, My advise for you quit fooling yourself here,nothing personal,you may not know you are fooling yourself here,so guy pls quit it,i mean you are ranting shamelessly and it seems you dont know it,am sorry for asking this please are you up to 10 years old,no offense,am just amazed at ur level of understanding and manner of argument.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Celebrating Nigeria @52? Your Reason And How !!!! / The Insensitivity Of A Celebratory And Cake Cutting President!!! / Pictures Of Nigeria Under PDP; When The Economy Was Really 'boomy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.