Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

The Crazy Tale Of A Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Crazy Tale Of A Writer (483 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Crazy Tale Of A Writer by tripua: 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
A very funny enigma once lived on the shores of Africa, Nigeria actually, the south western part to be precise. The man claimed his brain is in his wrist. Our brain is in our head one would thought to him or herself but to this man, Gbenga Adeboye, his brain is in his wrist because whenever he picks up a pen, current of ideas flows from his wrist to his pen and then to his paper and when he stands to present the things he has written, the world stands in awe!

Crazy describes writers. You may not understand if all you do is copy a birthday message. You will understand if you’ve deleted a message up to three times before coming up with something worthy enough just to wish someone Happy Birthday. That describes the trouble of writers because for every sentence you see, there are a couple of sentences that has gone into the trash bin and for every line you eventually see written, there are a couple of lines that had to give way. The woes that go into original content writing can only best be imagined. It’s amazing how you start with a line and watch the line grow into paragraphs and then into pages.

A writer draws inspiration from funny places in crazy ways or how will you describe a man who leaves his exotic SUV but prefer joining crowd public bus because he gets things to write when he is in one or the man who all you need do is to put him in the ambience of a cool and calm flowing spring. If you put such person in an air conditioned and tastefully furnished room, don’t be surprised if the flows doesn’t come because the coolness of air condition does not take the place of the coolness of sitting beside a spring. Such a man will not mind traveling miles to a river bank to draw inspiration. Someone said, Oh! I hate washing plates but I’ve come to force myself to love doing the dishes because ideas keep flowing when I wash. It will be right to say I hear voices that tell me things.

This perhaps explains why writers does not take it lightly when there works are copied or plagiarised without due credit. Nothing is wrong with sharing what someone else has written but the least you can do is to give credit as required.

This piece is written to celebrate everyone who has written one piece or the other, those who have reached out a hand and has pulled someone up with something worth reading. The man and woman who write jokes, the man and woman who write poems, the man and woman who write songs, the one who write letters, articles, even simple birthday messages…the one who blogs and does so with all genuineness…the one who dares to express his or her thought in words and is bold enough to have people read it. The impact may seem little but cannot be denied and there is no such thing called little impact. Impact is impact!
May your ink never run dry and may your current of ideas never stop flowing, may your source of inspiration never run dry.

How do you get inspirations? please share with us!
http://www.loftycentre.com/?p=382

(1) (Reply)

She's A Murderer!!!! / FICTION: Lily Hooks Up With An Old Friend / The Heart Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.