Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? (916 Views)

Share Heartbreaking Things Your Ex(es) Did To You / Inviting Your Ex To Your Wedding,right Or Wrong? / Help, A Married Woman Is Inviting Me Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by deturla: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hi Nairalanders

I am back again with my relationship brouhaha! I love asking questions and I have come with another one again mbok!

Okay, Let’s start shall we?

Last week, I got into a conversation with my Mom about photography when she mentioned something about seeing my ex-girlfriend on her way to get groceries for her store.

Knowing where she was headed with the ex-girlfriend thingy, I tried changing the direction of the ‘convo’ but trust ‘Mumcee’ being an Ijebu woman, she stylishly chipped in that eye-brow raiser;

I hope you wee invite her to your wedding!

At first I laughed hysterically. Invite who?? All these Ijebu women sef!

Which one be special invitation again…Biko!

Thinking it was funny and obviously laughing foolishly, bewildered by her statement.

She mocked me in Yoruba:

‘on rerin abi? ( Is it funny?)

I replied:

Mom! It really is!?

She is past tense, Why do I need to invite her? She has played her part in my life, inviting her will bring up old wounds.

I was just going on and on, before she continued:

“My Dear, There is nothing wrong in telling her you are getting married and there is nothing wrong your ex-girlfriend also passing her invitation card to you”

Being your ex does not mean she is a forbidden individual. At least, I still see her a lot of times and she greets me like I’m her mother (See set up).

Well, eventually, I was able to succeed in changing the discussion into something more serious!! – My coming home for Christmas’

Hehehehe!! Mom loves seeing all her children gather together at home! Odikwa Serious!

Let’s get back to my point exactly, which got me thinking for a while:

What if I invite her to my wedding, It’s the thing to do, innit?

I agree that we broke up in a not so cordial terms but then, it’s been 2 years and no ill feelings basically!

However I still feel bitter about her not being patient and all! Well? We are human, are we not?

But Guys, what do you think? Would you invite your ‘Ex’ to your wedding?

For you with plenty ‘Exes’ Will you send the invitation cards?

Biko, drop your opinions below, I can’t wait to hear from you!

I try to make my content better everyday. Do try check me out on : http://deedeesblog.com/2016/11/22/inviting-exes-wedding-proper/
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by LifestyleTonite: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
There is nothing bad about it. Though some people do it just to show their Ex how glorious their life turned out.

click my signature jor
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by Sylvarresta(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2016
*****NEW SCAM OO!!***** Don't fall a victim o!
You will never believe what happened to me today. I still can't get over it. I went to the supermarket by d road side to pick something to eat pending d time I get home. As I was walking to d counter, I noticed this woman starring at me. I looked at her and kept walking to the front to pick bottled water and Cookies As I picked them and turned, I found the same woman right behind me! I tried to show her some love, so I smiled & said "Gudday
maa". Then I went on to get a juice.
Can u believe the same woman followed me? I was getting a little bit nervous and mad because she was following me without saying a thing. But I tried to stay friendly, I just said Gudday maa" again. She finally responded and
said, "I am sorry for starring, but you look just like my youngest son We just buried him two weeks ago" I felt silly for getting
mad as I expressed my sympathy to
her. She said she was fine as she
knows that her Child is with the Lord. She then asked me to do her a favour
which I obliged. She said "I'm a bit sad
that my child never said goodbye to
me before passing on". She said i wil do sumtin 4 her, she asked me to get in
line behind her so when she's leaving the store, I should say "goodbye
mum" so she could have some sense
of closure. Though her request was weird, I however agreed to grant it. So as she collected her bags from the cashier and walked away, I said "bye mum". She turned and said "bye my son". When d cashier calculated my stuff, she said d total was 500 pounds. I said what!!!
Can u tell me how a 6pounds bottled water,
20pounds Cookies and 70pounds juice equals 500pounds?
She said "your mum said you are paying for her too". My mum? I shouted. That woman is not my mother ooo!!!. I quickly rushed out just in time to see the woman
approaching the parking lot. I ran after her and was screaming..."ex cuse
me, excuse me!!!". She started
running. I caught up with her just before she was able to close the door of her cab. I kept on pulling and pulling her leg, just like I am pulling yours now! You too like
gist self. See as u serious dey read....abeg who get pin mouth charger?! Make i
charge my phone

#Goodevening....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
Depending on the nature of th break up.
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
Sylvarresta:
*****NEW SCAM OO!!***** Don't fall a victim o!
You will never believe what happened to me today. I still can't get over it. I went to the supermarket by d road side to pick something to eat pending d time I get home. As I was walking to d counter, I noticed this woman starring at me. I looked at her and kept walking to the front to pick bottled water and Cookies As I picked them and turned, I found the same woman right behind me! I tried to show her some love, so I smiled & said "Gudday
maa". Then I went on to get a juice.
Can u believe the same woman followed me? I was getting a little bit nervous and mad because she was following me without saying a thing. But I tried to stay friendly, I just said Gudday maa" again. She finally responded and
said, "I am sorry for starring, but you look just like my youngest son We just buried him two weeks ago" I felt silly for getting
mad as I expressed my sympathy to
her. She said she was fine as she
knows that her Child is with the Lord. She then asked me to do her a favour
which I obliged. She said "I'm a bit sad
that my child never said goodbye to
me before passing on". She said i wil do sumtin 4 her, she asked me to get in
line behind her so when she's leaving the store, I should say "goodbye
mum" so she could have some sense
of closure. Though her request was weird, I however agreed to grant it. So as she collected her bags from the cashier and walked away, I said "bye mum". She turned and said "bye my son". When d cashier calculated my stuff, she said d total was 500 pounds. I said what!!!
Can u tell me how a 6pounds bottled water,
20pounds Cookies and 70pounds juice equals 500pounds?
She said "your mum said you are paying for her too". My mum? I shouted. That woman is not my mother ooo!!!. I quickly rushed out just in time to see the woman
approaching the parking lot. I ran after her and was screaming..."ex cuse
me, excuse me!!!". She started
running. I caught up with her just before she was able to close the door of her cab. I kept on pulling and pulling her leg, just like I am pulling yours now! You too like
gist self. See as u serious dey read....abeg who get pin mouth charger?! Make i
charge my phone

#Goodevening....

Bye Sylvarresta
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
YoungRichRuler:
Depending on the nature of th break up.
Yeah

2 Likes

Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by killsmith(f): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
U want make she cause quarrel with your wife on the wedding day?....

Make she siddon for haus abeg!
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by Divay22(f): 11:48pm On Dec 14, 2016
I don't see anything bad in it....Not withstanding what has happened,it cool to let her come and witness it, and that you respect her enough to send her an IV,and also she might likely not show up....(but he go pain o, most especially if she is still single)
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by deturla: 9:02am On Dec 15, 2016
Divay22:
I don't see anything bad in it....Not withstanding what has happened,it cool to let her come and witness it, and that you respect her enough to send her an IV,and also she might likely not show up....(but he go pain o, most especially if she is still single)

Hmmmn... Why will it pain her?
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by Divay22(f): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2016
deturla:

Hmmmn... Why will it pain her?
...because she is still single(if she is still single o)and viewing are one time baby boo getting married to someone else,there is always this pain that comes with it,that why i said she might likely not even show up(have not experienced it though)but for me, I w'nt show up......
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by deturla: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2016
Divay22:
...because she is still single(if she is still single o)and viewing are one time baby boo getting married to someone else,there is always this pain that comes with it,that why i said she might likely not even show up(have not experienced it though)but for me, I w'nt show up......

wink
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by Divay22(f): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2016
deturla:

wink
I hope no probs
Re: Is Inviting Your Ex(es) To Your Wedding Proper? by deturla: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2016
Divay22:
I hope no probs

You not showing up because of the pains you may feel is one smart move on your end.

Reason for the wink!

No problem Diva!

(1) (Reply)

Who Started The 'we Don't Give A Bleep Meme ' / When Your Partner Cheats, Who Should You Fight With? / Hot! How Badly Do You Need Cash For Val Tomorrow?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.