Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys (30181 Views)

Advice For Single Guys About Marriage / Married Men, Can You Tolerate This? And Married Ladies Are You All The Same? / 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by just2endowed: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Are u single z let's get plural
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by ThinkSmarter: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Male Children re likely to die after birth than the females,
Why were there so many women for every man during the era where polygamy were practised by every race?

1 Like

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Onlymewakacum(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
Economy is really harsh, not favouring the guys but a lady can adapt more than a guy. For obvious reasons
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by sekem: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
I don't know why or if there are more single ladies than single guys but all I know is that nothing on earth will make me marry a dumb girl.

If she like make her boobies big like yokozuna and bumbum wide like river niger.

No show.

4 Likes

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by ebby9z(m): 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
SmartyPants:

The conclusion of those who assert that there are more single girls than guys is that there are more girls than guys alive in the world today. This is the exact same conclusion you have presented here. So where is the ground breaking knowledge?

I thought you would present some insightful thoughts on why, ceteris paribus, there would be more single ladies than single guys but all you have done is answer the question of why there are more women than men in the world, which was never the problem statement.

I throw it to you that your whole set of assumptions is left without a foundation when you consider the fact that statistically, a much higher percentage of men are cheating on their partners. This means that the actual ratio of men to women in the dating pool may actually be something like 1:1.5. Thus the excess number of single women ought to be absorbed by the number of cheating men. So if there are more single women than men the simple explanation that men have a higher mortality rate than women does not provide insight.

Someone paid attention in philosophy classes grin The premise though different leads to the same conclusion which verifies the argument of the other party. Correct!

1 Like

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by lakesider(m): 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
very lame analysis . people just sit down in front of their computer to type rubbish . if u use same alanysis to do ur business .na crash e go crash
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
where are my christian brothers. i thought its often preached that we are in the last days. so why the argument when Bible already tells u sup

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
The only reason women are more than men is because we have a lot of weak men who do light penetration and hence produce girls as opposed to deep penetration.

Besides ur topic is misleading from the content.
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by theunmistakeabl: 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
That men are birthed more than women is a very big lie to me, atleast in this part of world where I live. In recent times eg since 2010 all births I heard of or visited, the ratio is about 5:2 boys to girls. When my immediate relative gave birth 3 years ago at FMC, there was about 15 births there in less than 48hours and when I was discussing with the chief nurse there, she said its only 4 boys among the 15 births and she even said that those that gives birth to male child always receive special congratulations from other women and visitors. Even that my immediate relative na the 4th girl she born, she wasn't even happy self.
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by kazyhm(m): 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
these are cosmetic reasons not the real problems

it's more deeper and complex that your assumptions and there are some scenario and scientific facts that are in disagreement with your analysis

males are more miscarried during pregnancy than females

it doesn't even make sense to base such an argument on birth rate because women don't most of the time marry their age mate
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by crown08(m): 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
Team single! Single life rocks

1 Like

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by ifyan(m): 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
Op U are not far from the truth. While there are more single ladies out there will soon be a national issue in the nearest future. So the wise should act fast before is too late.
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
You are right about that.... the 2006 census indicated that males are more than females in Nigeria by almost 4 million... so, I don't get what the OP is talking about.

Pidgin2:
Actual birth ratio is 105males:100 females in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
2006 census says something different... it could be a coincidence - it happens.

theunmistakeabl:
That men are birthed more than women is a very big lie to me, atleast in this part of world where I live. In recent times eg since 2010 all births I heard of or visited, the ratio is about 5:2 boys to girls. When my immediate relative gave birth 3 years ago at FMC, there was about 15 births there in less than 48hours and when I was discussing with the chief nurse there, she said its only 4 boys among the 15 births and she even said that those that gives birth to male child always receive special congratulations from other women and visitors. Even that my immediate relative na the 4th girl she born, she wasn't even happy self.
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by oyetpel(m): 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
where are my christian brothers. i thought its often preached that we are in the last days. so why the argument when Bible already tells u sup
Isaiah 4 v 1.

"For seven women will take hold of one man in that day,
saying, "We will eat our own bread and wear our own
clothes, only let us be called by your name; take away
our reproach!"
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by tr3y(m): 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
tensazangetsu20:

That's what they always fail to get. There are far more men in the world than women, there's a man for every woman but there's never a woman for every man. For every lonely single woman out there, there are 5 lonely single bitter men. Men have it worse trust me, we just hide it.

Kindly read OP's post sir
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
Note... Girls are never single...

1 Like

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by bogolobango(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
Ladies shakara too much upon that some are even sex starved and still forming for guys leave them now thier house of assembly go soon rust

2 Likes

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Btruth: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
No wonder we have more landladies than landlords.......Hummmmm!

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Chukazu: 9:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
as simple as ABC
By nature,everyone is a female until the "Y" chromosome kicks in,we were all female embryo.
infact any nation that has more male than female, is cursed and dying society. women reproduce and replenish but men build and empower.. That is nature!
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by KealDrogo: 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
pcguru1:

Alcohol, drugs, video games and denial
Your head dey dia. Video games let me forget completely i am in this world when I'm on it.
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Chukazu: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
oyetpel:

Isaiah 4 v 1.

"For seven women will take hold of one man in that day,
saying, "We will eat our own bread and wear our own
clothes, only let us be called by your name; take away
our reproach!"

that scripture is an adage...better still a metaphor. has nothing to do with man /woman relationship

similar to bible saying that "people of different nations would hold the garment of a jew and say, show us your God "
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by fotadmowmend(m): 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
Buh guys plenty pass ladies on NL now??

1 Like

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Sike(m): 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
This is true
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by oyetpel(m): 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
Chukazu:

that scripture is an adage...better still a metaphor. has nothing to do with man /woman relationship

similar to bible saying that "people of different nations would hold the garment of a jew and say, show us your God "
Nothing adage or metaphoric about itz
Sike:
This is true
Chukazu:

Nothing adage or metaphoric about it, its a plain text.
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by blackboy92(m): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
most ladies don't knw what they want
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by Chukazu: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
oyetpel:

Nothing adage or metaphoric about itz
Nothing adage or metaphoric about it, its a plain text.

take up your bible and read the reference, that is if you have bible reference

and if your argument be the case, you can be certain it wasn't referring to everyone but to the Jewish nation, which has already come to pass
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by cassyrooy(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
beacon02:
Recently I've been hearing people complaining over the ratio of single ladies to single guys. Most arrived at the conclusion that it is because girls are given birth to more than the boys but I would like to disagree with such stance.
The last time I made research on male ratio female birth rate, I dscovered that boys are more birthed than girls. Only in a few countries like Norway will you see it the other way round. Even during the last annual convention of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, the number of the children birthed during the program was announced and it was 5:4 boys to girls respectively.

Now here is the statistic behind your illusion...

Given that 50 boys and 50 girls are birthed today. In the next 30 years, there is a high probability that the number of boys would have reduced to 35 or less while the number of girls to 43 or more.
The reason behind this is quite natural as men are more adventurous than women. That causes the rate of mortality to be high in men as they grow older.
Here are the factors that cause high rate of mortality among men:
...Nature of job... Jobs like factory work are dangerous in many ways and it has claimed the lives of many men at their youthful age. Also, transportation is another risky job. Men majorly are the drivers of vehicles and motorcycles.

...Thuggery and Cultism... Without much explanation, I believe you know the danger it has imposed on our society.

... Military... Eventhough women also do join millitary, you can hardly see them at the war front. Ethiopia was recently ravaged by war which caused a serious reduction in men's population. The government have to force the remaining few men to marry at least 2 wives.
Some other factors are also responsible.

Now, by the time they get to their late 20s, men would have reduced in population compared to women.
So I believe this article will be helpful for you when next you are thinking why women seems to be more than men.
Have a wonderful day.
Demography101
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by bigcp(m): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
freemile2ru:
why? So half of Nigerian men die b4 40? Nawa for u o

when did i say that?...i never said anything like that...all I know is that men de die wella pass women...n women plenty pass men worldwide...that was what i was tryin 2 say...besides hw many men de last reach 75 to 80yrs these days...?
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by bigcp(m): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
freemile2ru:
The simple reason why many women are still single is simply becos so many men are single too and they don't care. Some of us are not even willing to settle down sef. Its not based on any probabilistic statistics that you are giving

yea bro..this is definitely part of d reason....i made myself single cos r/ship these days sucks n its 4kn choking... and i think I'm really enjoying my single hood...no chick tryin 2 knw wot I'm upto or tryin 2 bring me out wen i wnt to be alone...no naggin...I'm really 4kn with lots of peace of mind these days...can do whatever i like...huh...so sweet n stress free...so brothers if u feel chocked in ur r/ship u should try 2 take a brk n see hw it feels...it feels lovely. ..PECAE OUT

4 Likes

Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by LordBaelish: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
IYANGBALI:
op MMM is another causer of the problem

Wait... didn't autocorrect help you at all? WTf is this? you go school at all..
Re: Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys by oyetpel(m): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
bigcp:

yea bro..this is definitely part of d reason....i made myself single cos r/ship these days sucks n its 4kn choking... and i think I'm really enjoying my single hood...no chick tryin 2 knw wot I'm upto or tryin 2 bring me out wen i wnt to be alone...no naggin...I'm really 4kn with lots of peace of mind these days...can do whatever i like...huh...so sweet n stress free...so brothers if u feel chocked in ur r/ship u should try 2 take a brk n see hw it feels...it feels lovely. ..PECAE OUT
Am like you man. Ain't gonna let a pu§sy tie me down.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death / Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.