Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death (30181 Views)

Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation / Russia: New Mum ‘throws Another Woman’s Baby To His Death( Pix) / She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by ThatReporterz: 6:28am On Oct 30, 2020
A widow, Mrs Olubunmi Kama, has narrated how her in-laws allegedly forcefully took away her sick husband, James, to an unknown location, and seized his property upon his demise, rendering her and their five children destitute.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the Ondo State indigene became married to James, a civil engineer from Ebonyi State, at an Abuja marriage registry on July 16, 2004.

A lawyer, John-Bede Ofoha, petitioned the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, over James’ death and the alleged appropriation of his property by his siblings –Princess and Tochukwu.

He asked the police to investigate the “nefarious activities of Princess Kama and Tochukwu Kama, culminating in the abduction, denial of adequate care and exposure to palpable trauma, leading to the death of James Kama, thereby exposing his family to untold hardship.”

The petition, dated September 17, 2020, copied the Commissioner of Police, Homicide Department, Abuja, was titled, ‘Abduction, false imprisonment, murder, conversion and threat to life perpetrated against the late Mr James Kama and his nuclear family by Princess Kama and Mr Tochukwu Kama’.

The widow told PUNCH Metro on Wednesday that she was prevented from attending her husband’s funeral in Ikon, in the Afikpo South Local Government Area of Ebonyi in August 2018, adding that Tochukwu and Princess threatened to harm her if she attended the programme.

Olubunmi noted that the family members did not acknowledge James’ nuclear family at his funeral, saying her name and those of her children were missing in the programme of events. ,,

Disclosing what led to her husband’s death, the mother of five said James had chronic ulcer, but became addicted to pain killers for 13 years.

She said James was taken to an unknown hospital by his siblings on May 13, 2018, but his immediate family members were not allowed to see him or know his whereabouts until his demise on August 6.

She stated, “I travelled home to Ondo State to be with my mum when I was pregnant with my twin girls and by the time I returned to Abuja, my husband had been taken away to an unknown location, because he had a crisis. We were not allowed to see him until we were informed that he had died in August 2018.

“I was also not allowed to see his remains in the mortuary. I had to beg the attendants, who said they were under strict instructions not to allow me to see the body. Shortly after his death, my husband’s siblings came to our house in Gwarimpa and took away his personal effects, including his vehicles, and left us with nothing.”

Olubunmi said only a few members of the Kama family were assisting her, adding that she was ejected from the Gwarimpa residence because she could not pay the rent.

She stated, “I am a caterer, but my husband didn’t allow me to work when he was alive. Now, I have five children to cater for and I have been reduced to begging to survive; I have been hustling and struggling.

“Tochukwu and Princess sold his vehicles, took away all his clothes and phones. I believe they are doing this because I’m not from their tribe. My twin daughters just got scholarships to the United States, but I don’t have money for their visas.”

An uncle of the deceased, Mr Jones Ike, corroborated Olubunmi’s allegations, but said the family had been trying to get Tochukwu and Princess to return the property.

“We have been trying to settle the issue; it is a family issue and we don’t want to escalate it. I don’t support the treatment meted out to the woman, but I believe we will sort everything out,” he told PUNCH Metro.

When contacted, Tochukwu declined to speak on the matter and simply terminated the phone call.

His sister, Princess, raged against our correspondent and said unprintable things when she was contacted on the phone.

Source: https://punchng.com/my-husbands-siblings-abducted-him-seized-our-property-after-his-death-widow/

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by lindareep: 6:32am On Oct 30, 2020
“I am a caterer, but my husband didn’t allow me to work when he was alive. Now, I have five children to cater for and I have been reduced to begging to survive; I have been hustling and struggling."

Lesson: Allow your wife to work biko, nobody knows tomorrow
wink

Meanwhile, I Will deliver men enlargement gel to your preferred location within Lagos (Same day delivery)

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 30, 2020
The siblings of the late civil engineer are just being tribalistic.... They don't want a "stranger" to have control of their brothers property. If the lady happens to come from the same village with the husband, this nonsense abduction and seizing of property wouldn't have happened.

Your wife or son should be your Next Of Kin.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Midas01: 6:42am On Oct 30, 2020
Even before reading this I knew the husband had to be igbo.

Sincerely, igbos need to do away with the culture of depriving their late brother/son's wife of her right to his property.

Stop setting your eyes on things that are not yours, work for your own.

I have never heard of such case in my tribe. It doesn't happen. Your brother's property is for his wife and children.

Advice to women : Pls, if a man deprives you of your right to work and earn your own money, DO NOT HEED TO IT. If you must heed to it then he should pay you monthly salary.

Never ever live your life at the mercy of someone else wether you're married or not.

156 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by syluck(m): 6:42am On Oct 30, 2020
Why would anyone marry someone with the name "karma"?

14 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by dadavivo: 6:42am On Oct 30, 2020
It's not about your tribe. My neighbour in Lagos, her husband died and he left 3 children, a boy and two girls.theyre both Igbos. Immediately the man died his siblings took ownership of their brothers twin duplex in Lagos.

She went to human right people who now help her to win the case in court cos In any Nigerian court you will win them hands down.

My own advice, I don't know what you want from the family members, car or what. Cos you said you can't keep up with the rent that means you guys don't have landed property in Abuja, please let go of the property if its in the village.

You have to try and take care of your children cos when they grow older they always locate their village no matter what.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by eddyslim(m): 6:42am On Oct 30, 2020
Hmmmm. Nawaooo
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by orimidara1: 6:43am On Oct 30, 2020
That's their way of life... If you know you know

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Sunnycliff(m): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2020
That's why men should be writing wills once u have a child

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by oluwaseyi0: 6:43am On Oct 30, 2020
G
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Basicend: 6:43am On Oct 30, 2020
Do people still do Al that's kind of things in this educated age?

If you are educated Madam, I see no reason why u shouldn't fight to possess your things, granting you had a legal marriage with him.

13 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Lexusgs430: 6:44am On Oct 30, 2020
Go to court.... Simple.....
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by OKUCHI11(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2020
JidennaJason:
Your wife or son should be your Next Of Kin...
lindareep:
“I am a caterer, but my husband didn’t allow me to work when he was alive. Now, I have five children to cater for and I have been reduced to begging to survive; I have been hustling and struggling."

Lesson: Allow your wife to work biko, nobody knows tomorrow
wink

JidennaJason:
Your wife or son should be your Next Of Kin...

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by inoki247: 6:45am On Oct 30, 2020
there mate are working buh dem na person sweat dem wan syphon....

How're they different from a Yahoo Boy, EFCC suppose parade dem ni dere own no just involve internet ni...

9 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by heykims(m): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2020
A lesson. Always do background rigorous check on your partner's ethnicity and cultural belief before marriage, it's not only about love.
And for those going ahead to tie the knot even when not accepted by the husband's family but rely on the ASSURANCE of love6 from the husband, LEARN.
Love is beyond husband and wife.
I hope the widow and children get their rights.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 30, 2020
Greed

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Dalil8: 6:46am On Oct 30, 2020
JidennaJason:
Your wife son or daughter should be your Next Of Kin...

Modified

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 30, 2020
This is a no case madam ...unless a man specifically changes it .....his properties goes to the children

This few greedy family giving Igbos bad name ...arrest them sue the living hell out of them

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by SILVERLINES: 6:46am On Oct 30, 2020
Igbos are fond of doing these things to themselves. Everyday we hear issues like this from them.

I must say that these Igbo folks don't like themselves or they are too greed for wealth.

The Biafra we long to build will be a very interesting one with our ancient culture

Please ladies stay away from Igbo men, it's too much

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Thinkfree(m): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2020
Basicend:
Do people still do Al that's kind of things in this educated age?

If you are educated Madam, I see no reason why u shouldn't fight to possess your things, granting you had a legal marriage with him.

tes especially we igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by DiscoverID: 6:46am On Oct 30, 2020
Due to their backward cultural norms of seeing women as lesser humans, you should by all means stay away from marrying from igbo land, if you are a yoruba woman. They treat their kind as trash let alone one ofem.man,u(sic).

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by IamCeazer(m): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2020
I pity her.. Wicked In-laws

6 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by OMOJOHN001: 6:47am On Oct 30, 2020
Once you have a child like this, Please don't hesitate to write your will, It doesn't mean you will die early, but to avoid rubbish like this.

Lay a curse under the will, that whoever disturb your children and wife after your death, Will meet your in due time. TUEEEH

10 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Shadysen: 6:47am On Oct 30, 2020
IGBO.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by loveth360(f): 6:47am On Oct 30, 2020
Yoruba and wickedness.

You abandoned your husband when he was sick,now you want to come and claim property.

Truth is her Children deserved
to inherit their father properties,because what am seeing from this story is a typical yoruba gold digger who run away but want to come inherit property.

But why is she crying i thought yorubas also give landed properties to their women,Or is it their normal lying way.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by sammirano3: 6:48am On Oct 30, 2020
This is what you get when you marry an igbo man. So in the whole of yourbaland you did not see an omoluabi to marry but a wicked igno tribe. You got what you deserve. No sympathy from this side.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by edo3(m): 6:48am On Oct 30, 2020
Hian!
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 30, 2020
She stated, “I travelled home to Ondo State to be with my mum when I was pregnant with my twin girls and by the time I returned to Abuja, my husband had been taken away to an unknown location, because he had a crisis. We were not allowed to see him until we were informed that he had died in August 2018.

Red flag! I won't judge until I hear from the other side.

Your husband had crisis and was taken care of by his siblings(abduction according to u) what effort did u make? Are u sure u didn't abandon Ur husband?

He died in 2018, why is this story coming up now?

I won't judge this until i hear from the other side.

Playing the tribal card won't sell.

A woman whose sick husband is being taken care of by relatives, should give an intelligent person hindsight that all is not well with the marriage. If you dig deep, u may find out she abandoned the husband until he died, she now came to claim property.

I'm not in support of the man's siblings, but a wife that abandons a sick husband or was in dispute with a deceased husband must not be allowed to near the man's inheritance.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by ERockson: 6:49am On Oct 30, 2020
They do worse to themselves talkless of you Yoruba, This woman most have disobeyed her parent. You can marry their ladies if you have money though they will almost kill you with demands and responsibilities but don't near igbo men because you will pay for it. My cent to the Yorubas

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child / Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / These Resources Can Boost Your Marriage And Parenting Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.