Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son (8737 Views)

What Has Happened To Buhari’s Directive On Reopening Of Bola Ige’s Murder? / Before Bola Ahmed Tinubu Became Governor What Was His Occupation / My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by miikyphil(f): 12:21am On Dec 15, 2016
The immediate past Commissioner for Lands and Physical Development in Osun State, who is the son of the late Chief Bola Ige, Muyiwa, has said a former Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, and other police officers, who were investigating officers during the trial of the murder of his father knew how the case was botched.

Ige’s son, who said the family would not rest until those who killed his father were brought to justice, spoke on a private radio station based in Osogbo, Rave FM, during a programme, Frank Talk, monitored by our correspondent in Osogbo on Wednesday.

Ige said it was sad that those who killed his father, who was then the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice had not been brought to justice 15 years after he was murdered.

Muyiwa said the family lost Ige, and his wife, Atinuke, who was a judge, within 20 months and those who perpetrated the act were still walking free.

He said, “The immediate past IGP had made a statement a couple of years back that unless they have new evidence there was nothing they could do. But when I heard that, what I thought was that it might be a diversionary tactic.

“The immediate past IGP was one of the investigating officers during the trial (of Ige’s murder) they know the intricacies of how they botched the evidence of the case. We are hopeful that something will be done. It is the responsibility of everybody to ensure that justice is done.

“The family cannot prosecute; it is the responsibility of the state. All things being equal, hopefully the right thing will be done.”

He linked Ige’s murder to the removal of his cap at the Palace of the Ooni of Ife shortly before his killers struck and shot him dead at his Bodija residence in Ibadan on December 23, 2001.

According to him, the family has organised a memorial lecture which will hold next week.

He said a Lagos lawyer, Mr. Festus Keyamo, was among those who would speak at the event.
Muyiwa said Keyamo might have a new light to shed on the matter.

But when contacted by one of our correspondents, Arase denied that he bungled Ige’s murder trial.
He said he did not hide the late Ige’s case file, stating that it was with the Attorney General of the Federation who was prosecuting the case.

Arase explained that he had nothing to do with the file since the case was in court.

“The case file was not with me, it was with the Attorney General who was prosecuting the case. The AGF was prosecuting the case and the file was with him, I couldn’t have hid what was not in my custody,” he stated.

http://punchng.com/arase-others-bungled-bola-iges-murder-trial-son/

1 Like

Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by DaBullIT(m): 2:36am On Dec 15, 2016
Another Pandora Box

Hoping Buhari will look into this one
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Kingzulex: 9:46am On Dec 15, 2016
None of my business

1 Like

Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by yomalex(m): 9:47am On Dec 15, 2016
chai
Cicero of Esa-Oke
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by 5starmilitant: 9:49am On Dec 15, 2016
Kingzulex:
None of my business
angry

4 Likes

Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Cmoyor: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2016
Chai!!!
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by czaratwork: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2016
Because it is not your father we are talking about here. Nigerians!!!
Kingzulex:
None of my business

8 Likes

Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by sakalisis(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2016
Hmm
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Horpecy(m): 9:59am On Dec 15, 2016
chai this nigeria don tired me ooo
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Psyrus(m): 10:01am On Dec 15, 2016
Them dey talk of mmm wey crash dis wan is here talking of who dey rest somewhere
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by jazinogold(m): 10:05am On Dec 15, 2016
angry
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by happney65: 10:06am On Dec 15, 2016
I could still remember that day like yesterday..Very very vividly..I broke the news to Mama..I had followed Bola Ige from when he was Minister of power where he promised to give us power within 6months and gave OBJ a thumbs up when he got him transferred to where he belongs which is the dept of Justice..

It was a very dark day in the history of Nigeria..it was 2days to Christmas..May he's Soul rest in Peace.. omolola15 lol..lol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Alasi20(m): 10:07am On Dec 15, 2016
Confirm
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by baby124: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2016
All those who killed this man and bungled the investigation will never find rest. Run for20yrs even 100 but one day, the truth will be revealed to their shame. A lot of political crimes that happened in the past need to be opened and investigated. It could be any of us tomorrow, if we think looking the other way is the convenient thing to do.
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 15, 2016
Imagine that
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by saintkash(m): 10:27am On Dec 15, 2016
soon one E-diot will blame late ige's death on President Buhari. .. lolz
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by slimpoppa(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2016
sad
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:46am On Dec 15, 2016
Bola ige " we have 20,000 stupid workers in Osun state ". The spirit of 20,000 workers killed him
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by pol23: 10:47am On Dec 15, 2016
which Arase?
Arase the police thief.
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by iretiland: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2016
Arase was as criminal as anyone in the NPF's disgraceful uniform as it gets. No sane individuals will forget his days as CP of AKS and therefore complicity in Akpabio's killing of innocent opposition individuals in Akwa Ibom state to the time of his reward with the position of IGP by the ineffective buffon GEJ for assisting Akpabio with those killings. He assisted Akpabio to ruthlessly shutdown oppositiin in AKS, and in return, Akpabio as the dark brain of slowpoke GEJ ensure he was rewarded with the highest rank in the NPF.

Sadly, double-dullard Buhari allowed Arase to reap where he did not sow by allowing him to retire voluntarily. GEJ was dull, but Buhari is something else.

1 Like

Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by mastermaestro(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2016
iretiland:
Arase was as criminal as anyone in the NPF's disgraceful uniform as it gets. No sane individuals will forget his days as CP of AKS and therefore complicity in Akpabio's killing of innocent opposition individuals in Akwa Ibom state to the time of his reward with the position of IGP by the ineffective buffon GEJ for assisting Akpabio with those killings. He assisted Akpabio to ruthlessly shutdown oppositiin in AKS, and in return, Akpabio as the dark brain of slowpoke GEJ ensure he was rewarded with the highest rank in the NPF.

Sadly, double-dullard Buhari allowed Arase to reap where he did not sow by allowing him to retire voluntarily. GEJ was dull, but Buhari is something else.

This isn't the first time I am hearing about how Akpabio slew several opposition figures during his time as governor. A native of that state told me exactly this same thing sometime ago. Nigeria needs cleansing!
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Charly68: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2016
Hmmmmn! If Buhari allowed him to retire peaceful,will God ever remain silent ? See what God says: Proverbs 11:21 (KJV)
21Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Toosure70: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2016
God dey
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Ohikwuobanyi: 11:35am On Dec 15, 2016
iretiland:

Sadly, double-dullard Buhari allowed Arase to reap where he did not sow by allowing him to retire voluntarily. GEJ was dull, but Buhari is something else
Hmmmmm..........If there is no anybody from that state that comes up with any allegation of murdered against the former IG, then how will the present government prosecute him?
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Emassive(m): 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
Bros. People have been murdered in this country for ages and nothing is done. When money change hands with those corrupt NPF then considered your case on hold till eternity. Only GOD is the true Judge of all
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by mayorchelsea(m): 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
A Minister of the Federal Republic was murdered and nothing happened to his orderlies or security attachments by the relevant security agencies;this only gives more credence to the fact the police knew about his death.Who was meant to be on duty?who left his duty post to allow the attack?Surely, the NPF can deny it but the facts are clear.
Re: Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son by Generalkorex(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
I remember back then just like yesterday.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations / Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects / COVID-19: Lagos Reduces Budget By 21%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.