Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? (5232 Views)

Poll: Can a married man be faithful?

Yes: 72% (8 votes)
No: 27% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by dthing1(f): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2007
i've talked to a lot of men, single and married and i discovered that those who are not already cheating on their wives, aspire to do so as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

i've been searching for that man who would not cheat on his wife, i haven't found one. have you?
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by Seun(m): 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2007
If a man did not sleep around before getting married, he might be faithful after marriage. Otherwise, watch him!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by Free(f): 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2007
hmmm well there are sum out there who wudnt cheat on their spouse

U got to be self controlled and God fearin , of course grin
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by daprince: 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2007
I believe there are faithful men out there no matter how philandrous they were as single men. Personally, I wouldn't cheat on my wife. That is one promise I've made to myself, rather kill mtself than do it. I believe men who cheat on their wives lack dignity and self-respect. How would I face my kids after screwing some other girl out there? What's my wife gonna think of me? Anyway, a man who cheats on his wife doesn't value his marriage and the lives of his kids. Period!
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by olanajim(m): 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2007
Pessimism will lead you no where. That some men sleep around does not mean all men would sleep around after marriage. The fact is a good man can be bad if the weigh of marriage turn out to give him sleepless nights. Men are not brute as you thought, they are driven by logic. A man that sleep around must have a reason. In most cases, the wife is the cause.

So the answer, YES, IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A HUSBAND THAT WON'T SLEEP AROUND AFTER MARRIAGE.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by omoge(f): 12:13am On Aug 07, 2007
wait o Ola! in most cases a wife is the cause of her husband cheating? na wah o shocked
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by olanajim(m): 7:02am On Aug 07, 2007
Omoge, Taken from my personal perspective, Yes. But when view from larger corrupted society I will say the blame is evenly distributed. We must understand that first and foremost, for reason best known to the society, they collectively made man polygamous. As such they had given him licence to cheat. When the time come for him to test his wife conviction about polygamy, man would never tell the poor woman. Unless the man is as careless as his JT,he wont tell the wife until he had found a partner. Even then, responsible men would rather do it with diplomacy. This must never be interpreted as cheating. It is an art created by the system. The way the man handle the drama would give him away.

Why I said the wife may be the cause is for the following reasons among otherr:
1, if the woman take her domestic role for granted and become negligent at home, she is giving her man licence to seek peace outside.

2, a woman must never discountenance polygamous nature of men regardless of their religion. Christains seen to flirt more than muslim for obvious reasons. The woman must not show any anxiety at all if your man is faithful during courtship as someone put it. She must rather spend her energy on cristallizing the love they had created. It must be mutually inclusive.

Yet, I know something about 'players' they may never stop playing unless they suffer injury.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by Analytical(m): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2007
All,

It's not only possible, it is also achievable! There are countless men who have not cheated on their wives and are not planning to. With all humility, I am one of them! And just last month we marked 6 years of marriage.

The key is not in the situations around you nor what your wife is (not) doing, but your commitment to the marriage vows you made to her before many witnesses. Integrity is what will keep you there!

Blessings.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by dthing1(f): 1:37am On Aug 08, 2007
ouch ola, that is not so true. what happened to a man being responsible for his actions, why blame somebody else , moreover, i believe a man should be on top of things at the home front. it takes two to make a mess of a marriage! the same way it takes two to make it a bliss. you got it right when you said a player would never stop playing unless he suffers injury- meaning, a player would play, no matter how good or bad the wife is, he is 'a player'!
grin. thubs up to you Analytical and to all those who would stay faithful to the wives of their vows , its absolutely the right thing to do.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by Macgreat(m): 2:49am On Aug 08, 2007
Cheat? No never should one do such to His/her partner,it's not nice ooo
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by knotty(m): 9:43am On Aug 08, 2007
last night she denied me and abused me on top.
this night i am going back to an old flame.

i am only faithful to myself.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by omoge(f): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2007
lol grin well going back to an old flame is not going to make the problem go (careful maybe worst things for you)

find out why she denied you (wonder what was denied here ) and why the abuses. it's best to work on what you have than run away from it.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by yazid(m): 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2007
omoge:

lol grin well going back to an old flame is not going to make the problem go (careful maybe worst things for you)

find out why she denied you (wonder what was denied here ) and why the abuses. it's best to work on what you have than run away from it.

yes it s posible
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by dthing1(f): 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2007
'naughty knotty'! you and i know that an old flame would not solve the problem. you both should sort things out, afterall you had enough love to say'i do' and the old flame who was not good enough for the alter should not be an alternative to the best woman you married!
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by knotty(m): 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2007
@SEUN
you took from me a post, i shall requite it from you now.

i cannot seem to find my game plan for today again. please, help me beg Seun to give me my agenda for this night. e joooooo.

if he does not return it, i shall come back with a reviewed list and i am sure it will be heavier than the former one. i

i just want to commit only one sin, Seun no make am plenti.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by JustGood(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2007
why would you presume that it's not possible for a man not to cheat on his wife?
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by dthing1(f): 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2007
well, because today values are lower, temptations higher and a lot of men do not seem to want to fight the temptations. they are simply thrilled by them. sometimes, they even go out of their ways to seek them out - and what you seek, thou shall definitely find.

another reason is that men want to eat their cake and have it by enjoying the best of two worlds!
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by CrazyMan(m): 3:08am On Aug 10, 2007
It’s possible e.g. me. If I get married, I won’t cheat on my woman. wink
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by wifeypenth(f): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2007
Very possible,i know penth would do no such thing
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by JustGood(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2007
Is it possible that a woman would not leave her man for a richer guy?
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by dthing1(f): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2007
would you like to post that on a new thread?
basic ruth - if u treat your woman right she wouldn't leave you for anything
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by chronicles(m): 1:28am On Aug 11, 2007
i feel is the way a particular child is brought up, so i would say men that cheat on their wives are either trained with that kinbd of lifestyle or are influenced into it or they can not control their emotions
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by chronicles(m): 1:29am On Aug 11, 2007
i feel is the way a particular child is brought up, so i would say men that cheat on their wives are either trained with that kind of lifestyle or are influenced into it or they can not control their emotions
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by omoge(f): 2:04am On Aug 11, 2007
can't control their Libido grin
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by olanajim(m): 4:13am On Aug 11, 2007
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by Oracle(m): 5:54am On Aug 11, 2007
Everything is possible
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by TCUBE(m): 7:35am On Aug 11, 2007
was possible , is possible and will forever be possible
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by Njoy1(f): 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2007
Yes o, if it's just the two of them living in an Island.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by simplyme3(f): 11:34pm On Aug 12, 2007
@N-joy

you're saying there is absolutely no man that doesnt cheat? married or not married. I am sorry if u think just dat way.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by Njoy1(f): 6:13am On Aug 13, 2007
@ Simply me
Please don't be sorry, that's just the way it is. He can't cheat if it's just the two of them living in a Island.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by simplyme3(f): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2007
@N-joy

That is not the way it is - maybe with you, but dont generalise.
Re: Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? by Rawphyhat: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2007
well, make we woman ask 4 liberation as what is good 4 the goose is also good 4 the gender.if a man dey cheat on the woman,nothing bad make woman cheat on the man as well.if that one happen man go reduce the level of cheating.and the tin go be if u do me,i do u. grin grin grin wink wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

HACK Your Pre-paid Meter Now / Are You Honest With Your Spouse? / If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.