Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down (11229 Views)

11 Nigerians Who Work At Twitter Headquarters, San Francisco (Photos) / Is Exxon Mobil The Highest Paying Multinational Oil Firm In Nigeria For 2018? / Supreme Court Voids Mobil’s Sack Of 860 Nigerian Staff, 18 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by Dranatomy: 7:49am On Dec 16, 2016
lonelydora:
Shutting down like MMM?
Your stupidity get long tail

3 Likes

Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by davidif: 8:18am On Dec 16, 2016
babdap:
Buhari is working, Nigerians are suffering.
We asked for change, and we had it, Nigerians should enjoy it while it lasts.

And you are blaming the practice of a company on Buhari? See logic.
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by davidif: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2016
awa:
What we are seeing now is not just because of GEJ past regime failure to better our lots as Buhari and his Cohorts would want us to believe.

Is becoming obviously obvious that Buhari is incapable of checkmating the worsening situation of our economy.

I think is time we stopped supporting this regime blindly and come out to challenge them

Please kindly tell us how this Bihari's fault? ExxonMobil is a private company and this was there decision. What does Buhari have to do with anything?
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by MrGerald(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2016
In afonjas voice "let them sack them another company will employ them" just like they always say when a company closed down, this is how economy and country get destroyed.
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by davidif: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2016
LOSKYXANDER:

And how exactly is this Buhari's fault?
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by MrGerald(m): 8:24am On Dec 16, 2016
billyG:

u wake well so?wetin concern buhari 4 this matter.
Who's in the helm of things in this country or making policies that effecting these companies negatively?
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by Mayflowa(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2016
Chidex2442:
The rain did not just fall on this side.....

This is a witty statement
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by kunlegboye(m): 10:25am On Dec 16, 2016
babdap:
Buhari is working, Nigerians are suffering.
We asked for change, and we had it, Nigerians should enjoy it while it lasts.
the pain of your loss will last til eternity!
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by buJu234: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2016
if ExxonMobil one of the most secured working place in Nigeria can sack 150 persons; then e don finished na...

buhari well done oooo...

i greet oo
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by EbolaParasite: 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
Flets:
These IOCs should ensure they finalize negotiations with these unions before issuing sack letters. These oil facility shutdown will not affect the IOCs alone but the country as well. The relevant ministries who are meant to intervene would stay mute as usual.

I also heard they were employing more oyibo expats while sacking national personnel. And to even think that crude is at about $60/ barrel now compared to the $30+/ barrel about a year ago begs the question for further sack.

This un-negotiated sack would never happen in their home country where labour law strictly applies..

Una go just dey open una mouth yarn wetin una no sabi.
The Nigerian workers are actually the ones enjoying the union privileges. In the US they actually have a system where they eliminate the lowest performing 10%. Apart from that, US workers have been undergoing layoffs since 2014
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
Shaw007:
This is just getting interesting, and it's only going to get worse, they are protesting that their getting sacked!!??
somebody should tell them they are at the wrong gate, those coffins and placards should be at aso rock, not exxon mobi, what if these oil companies decide to simply pack up and leave, what will they do then

They will never pack talk less of leave, trust me.
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by lonelydora: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dranatomy:
Your stupidity get long tail

Yours is 10x, since you can't see the humour
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by yesboss20(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
saintneo:
Waiting for Chevron, Shell, Total, etc.

Waiting for what When Shell has been dogmatically laying off since 2014, same with TUPNI. Who wants to come in last place! ExxonMobil only waited this long because it is an empathic employer.
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by naijagurudotcom: 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
This is the nairaland? Hilarious comments. Enjoy this christmas. Use http://www.naijaguru.com.ng/ to find the best places to eat, stay, hangout, in your city; and other businesses like banks, hospitals, schools.
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by naijagurudotcom: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
EbolaParasite:

The Nigerian workers are actually the ones enjoying the union privileges. In the US they actually have a system where they eliminate the lowest performing 10%. Apart from that, US workers have been undergoing layoffs since 2014
ckmayoca:
Yet the uncompleted building bloggers will not see all the these to copy and paste around. No hope for December salary being the 3rd unpaid salary in UCH and yet they expect the workers to concentrate on giving the patients good assistance. The country like her citizen.
This is the nairaland? Hilarious comments. Enjoy this christmas. Use http://www.naijaguru.com.ng/ to find the best places to eat, stay, hangout, in your city; and other businesses like banks, hospitals, schools.
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by Codes151(m): 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
Oil oil oil!!! Company in Akwa Ibom with only 2% of Akwa Ibomites working in it
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by WinkWrld: 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
Yeligray:
Haha...recession.

Why laugh when you hear terrifying horrific news. I pray it happens to you. Nonsense
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by Flets: 11:25am On Dec 17, 2016
EbolaParasite:

You are the ignorant one on this subject. The collective bargaining agreement that binds the company management and the union represented personnel stipulates that negotiations should preceed disengagement. Even the company process for disengaging the low performing employees is quite clear after exhausting the performance improvement processes.

That is the existing law that binds the company employees to the management. In the US, they will not break such law if it exists.
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by Yeligray(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
WinkWrld:

Why laugh when you hear terrifying horrific news. I pray it happens to you. Nonsense
e pain am..lolz
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by billyG(m): 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
MrGerald:
Who's in the helm of things in this country or making policies that effecting these companies negatively?
which policies?just name them,my frd get educated!
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by EbolaParasite: 1:21am On Dec 18, 2016
Flets:
These IOCs should ensure they finalize negotiations with these unions before issuing sack letters. These oil facility shutdown will not affect the IOCs alone but the country as well. The relevant ministries who are meant to intervene would stay mute as usual.

I also heard they were employing more oyibo expats while sacking national personnel. And to even think that crude is at about $60/ barrel now compared to the $30+/ barrel about a year ago begs the question for further sack.

This un-negotiated sack would never happen in their home country where labour law strictly applies..

Since you say i am the ignorant one, i have quoted your original post again. To begin with, stop this beer parlour "i heard". Where did you hear that they are employing expats to sack national personnel? Expats all over the world are being recalled due to the downturn and you are here "hearing beer parlour gist". You obviously know nothing about this topic so let me educate you a little. You say crude is now 60 as if that changes anything. You realize you are talking about Oil futures right? The 60 dollars you quoted, which by the way is currently less than 55, is for future delivery. How does that impact their current position? So because crude is now higher, it will all of a sudden offset all the losses incurred for the past 2 years? You realize that Nigerian Workers are actually the most protected when it comes to Exxon? Heck even Chevron.

In the US, you don't enjoy the kind of protections the workers get in Nigeria, hence why your comment that they can't do such in their countries is blatantly wrong. People have been laid off for over 2 years all over the world and for some reason, you expect Nigeria to be an exception, because Nigerians are special? My guy park well.

Please show me where the law is that says there needs to be "a negotiated sack" in the US before Exxon can layoff workers. I'm waiting. If you can't provide such then you are the ignorant one and just lied for the sake of it.
Let me even help you. In Texas, where Exxon is situated, they only need to notify labor dept, if the number of expected employee layoffs exceeds a certain threshold. They do not have to have any negotiated nada. When no be steel workers abi coal miners we dey talk. Abeg guy go siddon juh.
Re: Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down by MrGerald(m): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2016
billyG:

which policies?just name them,my frd get educated!
So you want to hear everything coming out of his mouth, he's not the commander-in-chief anymore? get educated friend

(1) (2) (Reply)

Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes / How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.