Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

A Chat About MMM And The Current Bruhaha - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / A Chat About MMM And The Current Bruhaha (490 Views)

MMM And Lies People Told Themselves---michael Tony-egbo / URGENT NOTICE: For Participants Of MMM And Other Ponzi Schemes / Mmm And Bitcoin A Bubble That Will Soon Burst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Chat About MMM And The Current Bruhaha by yorex2011: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
So I was having a chat with my alter ego the other day about MMM and sort to get another mind's view on the subject and believe me the conversation was quite exciting.
So I'll just drop a summary of what was discussed.

The first thing that sprung up was that the scheme (and the website) did not fall from heaven, it did not design itself, it had an intelligent designer and as such can be twisted, turned and warped by that same designer.

Is MMM fraudulent or "scammy"?
General consensus - NO we are not paying into a central account, we do peer to peer transactions so no it cannot be fraudulent.
A deeper thought - It can be fraudulent as you do not know who you are paying, you could as well be paying to the owner of the website and you wouldnt know.
But people will become suspicious if payment is made to one account na
New twist- What if he had multiple accounts and multiple "moles" that he plants into the system. think of this scenario, they claim to offer 10% bonus on referrals, so people become smart and call their friends who nare not interested and say can i ise your account number for MMM, he agrees and eventually they make 10% on "their own money" as well as normal 30%, there are people who do these with up to 5 accounts. Now if a normal participant can do this probably without even settling his friends for using their accounts, what do you think the admin can do especially if he now gives his minions some percentage for using their accounts. Well you can agree that this is a huge possibility.
Imagine someone coming to tell you that he just needs to use your account and you get 10% of all moneys paid into it. Tell me how many of you will say no.

general consensus 2 - Ok fine, he has multiple accounts of people under his payroll, but they still have to PH to eventually GH na
deeper thought - Remember what i said about intelligent designer, the laziest and simplest way for him to do this, just go to the database and edit their available mavro and set it to whatever he likes, then they just login and GH lol. the shii you can do if you have access to a database grin grin. There are other ways to go about this, but this is by far the simplest and least stressful. Imagine i just have access to nairabet database and edit my available funds grin grin

general consensus 3- - Ok fine, the guy dey chop wella, but people have made money from it, poverty has been lifted off people's lives, its been a blessing. What you gon say about that??
deeper thought - Imagine you go to a party and they say everybody bring your drinks, there is a huge drum and everybody pours his own drinks inside. Then everyone is entitle to a cup.
Everyone start scooping and drinking, including those that didnt even bring drinks in the first place, before you know people stop coming and drink come finish. then a fight springs up,
in Orubebe's voice** I CANT TAKE THIS!!!!, WHAT NONSENSE?? ME THAT BROUGHT DRINK I NO EVEN SEE ONE CUP TAKE AND THE DRUM DON EMPTY, WHAT NONSENSE,
then those that have become drunk after drinking and drinking start calming the bros down and saying next time, those one go home having drank to their hearts content, while the rest go home unhappy, the next time a party happens, our orubebe guy comes with a posioned drink and pours into the drum, lemme just stop there..
There is no external money coming into the scheme, if anything eventually happen you that GH will be happy , but the person that GH will be sad and dejected and that isnt how life is supposed to be, you may think you are wise for foreseeing the collapse and pulling out when you did, but that is the same thing with yahoo yahoo guys, they are smarter than their prey...

Every body may gather to chastise a politician for stealing, but there are people who benefit from the stealing and they are the ones who will defend the man and protect him to the end, that doesnt make him a saint now does he.

whatever we do with our money doesn't concern others. but when we gather to make a few people rich off our hard earned money, then there may be a problem somewhere.

Let the world not see us as a group of black people who all sheepishly follow something that kills us at the end, our reputation will be destroyed and you may say its your money but your kids may be labeled descendants of fools and gullible people when they grow old, so appreciate let us not call the critics witches or wizards...
if it comes back fine, if it doesnt fine at least we were not all sheepish neither were we all adamant critics, enjoy the diversity.

Ant thoughts on the january ish
general consensus 4 - Uncertain, participants are split between thoughts
deeper thought - Your money isnt in any safe hands, its not anywhere, it is with someone who may want to ph, remember when you were PHing, it was in your control, now your money isnt in your control anymore, it depends on that guy who may or may not decide to PH.
the certainty of your money is even further hurt by the panic going on right now, so my advise is to keep calm, your money may or may not come, its now a complete gamble, like sports betting. only consolation at least was that it was spare money

This issue shouldnt even be an issue sef, anybody that does sports betting knows that with each bet his money is gone and may not come back, he has already accepted the fact that his money not in his hands anymore.
Thats how the issue shouldve been with MMM. At least one hardly sees guys lamenting over lost sport bets

God bless Nigeria, and I hope things get better next year

1 Like

Re: A Chat About MMM And The Current Bruhaha by feodan: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
ON MMM: ‘WE WILL RATHER NOT REMAIN AS WE WERE’

December 13, 2016 was a day they’ve all been waiting for, doomsayers, naysayers; oh how they relished the opportunity, oh how their hormonal levels were raised, it was the “I told you so” moment they had so much longed for. It was probably the best thing to happen to some of them in months, miserable fellows, in their warped mind-set and tinted realities, they would rather have everybody remained as they were.
These set of people, because of their stubborn resolve to not open their mind to learning/ re-learning and because of their too cautious approach ride on a high horse of sheer ignorance and will blare Ponzi scheme at every given opportunity even when confronted with facts and realities as regards MMM. This group of people would rather remain as they were while others around them are making progress; the only thing positive in their outlook is waiting for a day when they will have the opportunity to mock the fate of others, the opportunity to say with gusto “I was right”. They fail to realize that life itself is a risk, when you take risks, you win some and you lose some, not taking risks at all because of not wanting to lose makes one the ultimate loser. Even though some of them have been barely making ends meet and have directly or indirectly benefitted from the ‘MMM’ money they have so derided, this ephemeral moral victory is enough to fill their probably empty bellies.
What I know and I know so well is ‘’even if MMM crashes’’ and given the circumstances, I will still participate over and over again, a resolution that applies to millions of other participants who have imbibed the MMM ideology. I make bold to say that this is the only platform that has brought smiles to the faces of millions of Nigerians and made millionaires of out of them in such a short period of time!!! No government policy or initiative in recent times has brought more hope and succour in such a short time span. It has rather been a plethora of unfulfilled promises, dashed hopes, sorrows tears and blood. In actual fact, government has been the biggest Ponzi operator in Nigeria, robbing and ripping citizens off for the benefit of a corrupt and undeserving few. Folks that have seemingly lost all hopes and disconcerted with happenings around them now approach life with renewed confidence and enthusiasm, dead businesses now have new life injected into them, students have been able to pay their tuition, crimes have arguably been reduced and even the economy hasn’t been left out, with increased liquidity and trade volumes at a time when recession has almost stifled life out of the Nigerian economy.
I know of folks who barely had tens of thousands in their bank accounts who now have hundreds of thousands, not to talk of those that are now millionaires, who probably never had such hopes at least not anytime soon. Those naysayers would have rather we traded all of that and remain like we ‘were’.
Some believe that MMM participants are lazy and greedy folks, but the fact is amongst these participants are great minds, intellectuals and professionals that cut across different fields and sectors of the economy, contributing their own quota to the growth of the economy, in fact when one looks at the farthest right side of the Mavro section on the MMM platform, there is a space titled ‘dreams’, meaning that MMM expects you to pursue your dreams, goals and aspirations with what you make from the system. MMM only wants to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, MMM only wants to make things easier for people when they pursue their dreams and aspirations. Some believe that the only way to make it in life is to work hard and harder, and anyone with riches that have not been seen/ viewed to work hard in their distorted realities must have cut corners or been a fraud. While this is not to cast away the place of working hard in pursuing one’s dream, it must be realised that having access to the right information sometimes is only what is needed to make a headway in life and not necessarily working hard, this is what distinguishes between the rich and the poor, the rich always have access to the right information to stay ahead of the pack and even pay over the top to get it.
Apparently, not all Nigerians will join MMM, not even half the population, but those that have willingly participated should not be unjustly castigated or maligned for the choices they have made as they wouldn’t judge the critical ones for the choices they make with their lives also, live and lets live; each man to his own. It’s high time these critical elements stopped acting like they are other people’s moral compass or like they are in a position to determine what is good for others. Nobody is forcing anybody to join MMM, let people just focus on what they do and find happiness in it, there isn’t much to life than that.
While these people may enjoy their and make a show of their momentary triumphalism, MMM will be back!! Better and stronger!!! And they will come again with their prediction of doom and gloom, patiently waiting for their moment of validation while Mavrodites will make bigger and bigger strides with their lives. And even if the malignant moment they are waiting for surfaces again, we will dwell on the good tides and happy memories it has brought us, because we’d rather be financially blessed because we were curious than broke because we were sceptical and because we know that life itself is inherently risky. There is only one big risk that should be avoided at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing!!!
Adelaja Adefemi
100+ Guider
Re: A Chat About MMM And The Current Bruhaha by yorex2011: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
feodan:
ON MMM: ‘WE WILL RATHER NOT REMAIN AS WE WERE’

December 13, 2016 was a day they’ve all been waiting for, doomsayers, naysayers; oh how they relished the opportunity, oh how their hormonal levels were raised, it was the “I told you so” moment they had so much longed for. It was probably the best thing to happen to some of them in months, miserable fellows, in their warped mind-set and tinted realities, they would rather have everybody remained as they were.
These set of people, because of their stubborn resolve to not open their mind to learning/ re-learning and because of their too cautious approach ride on a high horse of sheer ignorance and will blare Ponzi scheme at every given opportunity even when confronted with facts and realities as regards MMM. This group of people would rather remain as they were while others around them are making progress; the only thing positive in their outlook is waiting for a day when they will have the opportunity to mock the fate of others, the opportunity to say with gusto “I was right”. They fail to realize that life itself is a risk, when you take risks, you win some and you lose some, not taking risks at all because of not wanting to lose makes one the ultimate loser. Even though some of them have been barely making ends meet and have directly or indirectly benefitted from the ‘MMM’ money they have so derided, this ephemeral moral victory is enough to fill their probably empty bellies.
What I know and I know so well is ‘’even if MMM crashes’’ and given the circumstances, I will still participate over and over again, a resolution that applies to millions of other participants who have imbibed the MMM ideology. I make bold to say that this is the only platform that has brought smiles to the faces of millions of Nigerians and made millionaires of out of them in such a short period of time!!! No government policy or initiative in recent times has brought more hope and succour in such a short time span. It has rather been a plethora of unfulfilled promises, dashed hopes, sorrows tears and blood. In actual fact, government has been the biggest Ponzi operator in Nigeria, robbing and ripping citizens off for the benefit of a corrupt and undeserving few. Folks that have seemingly lost all hopes and disconcerted with happenings around them now approach life with renewed confidence and enthusiasm, dead businesses now have new life injected into them, students have been able to pay their tuition, crimes have arguably been reduced and even the economy hasn’t been left out, with increased liquidity and trade volumes at a time when recession has almost stifled life out of the Nigerian economy.
I know of folks who barely had tens of thousands in their bank accounts who now have hundreds of thousands, not to talk of those that are now millionaires, who probably never had such hopes at least not anytime soon. Those naysayers would have rather we traded all of that and remain like we ‘were’.
Some believe that MMM participants are lazy and greedy folks, but the fact is amongst these participants are great minds, intellectuals and professionals that cut across different fields and sectors of the economy, contributing their own quota to the growth of the economy, in fact when one looks at the farthest right side of the Mavro section on the MMM platform, there is a space titled ‘dreams’, meaning that MMM expects you to pursue your dreams, goals and aspirations with what you make from the system. MMM only wants to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, MMM only wants to make things easier for people when they pursue their dreams and aspirations. Some believe that the only way to make it in life is to work hard and harder, and anyone with riches that have not been seen/ viewed to work hard in their distorted realities must have cut corners or been a fraud. While this is not to cast away the place of working hard in pursuing one’s dream, it must be realised that having access to the right information sometimes is only what is needed to make a headway in life and not necessarily working hard, this is what distinguishes between the rich and the poor, the rich always have access to the right information to stay ahead of the pack and even pay over the top to get it.
Apparently, not all Nigerians will join MMM, not even half the population, but those that have willingly participated should not be unjustly castigated or maligned for the choices they have made as they wouldn’t judge the critical ones for the choices they make with their lives also, live and lets live; each man to his own. It’s high time these critical elements stopped acting like they are other people’s moral compass or like they are in a position to determine what is good for others. Nobody is forcing anybody to join MMM, let people just focus on what they do and find happiness in it, there isn’t much to life than that.
While these people may enjoy their and make a show of their momentary triumphalism, MMM will be back!! Better and stronger!!! And they will come again with their prediction of doom and gloom, patiently waiting for their moment of validation while Mavrodites will make bigger and bigger strides with their lives. And even if the malignant moment they are waiting for surfaces again, we will dwell on the good tides and happy memories it has brought us, because we’d rather be financially blessed because we were curious than broke because we were sceptical and because we know that life itself is inherently risky. There is only one big risk that should be avoided at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing!!!
Adelaja Adefemi
100+ Guider
ok

(1) (Reply)

Community Naira Group(real OR FRAUD) / How To Trade Using Cryptocurrency / The Club7digits Business Support Platform. Plenty Of Value & Plenty Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.