Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr (24833 Views)

Lady Turns Super Eagles Jersey In Bum Shorts, Rocks It In New Photos / England Players Want Super Eagles Jersey, Beg To Swap After The Match / Foreigners Wearing Super Eagles' Jersey Proudly After It Sold Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2016
They should change that white to blue
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by afolayangs(m): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2016
the grasses on the pitch is dark green as well.

Dclique:
But why na, dark green has always been our colour. Mk him manage am lyk dat jare
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by dmark4real: 9:18am On Dec 16, 2016
I think d coach is making sense: consedaring d weather in Africa, wearing a thick jersey could cause discomfort while on d pitch, and if u cud easily identify ur players u can giv on time instructions wen nided. Lets giv him wot he wants to get what we wants even if it wil take us to change d complete colour to a better jinx
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by julioralph(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2016
post=51972285:
uper Eagles of Nigeria, Coach, Gernot Rohr has expressed his views on the design of the Super Eagles 2017 jersey.

Rohr was with chiefs of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in London where the jersey was shown to him, and he pointed some certain areas he wants the manufactures to address.

He was particular about the colours in some areas of the jersey which according to him makes it hard to properly see some of the players.

“Am satisfied with the jersey, they did a good job,very professional I must say but there are some areas I told them I want them to address”, Rohr told Owngoalnigeria.com from London.

Nike were asked by the Franco German coach to make the jersey light green, so as to ensure proper visibility of the players, and to also make the texture a bit light due to the heat in Africa.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/i-want-super-eagles-jersey-colours.html

cc lalasticlala
Now thats a man that knows his job.
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by slimsoshady(m): 9:39am On Dec 16, 2016
greatiyk4u:
anything that will guarantee our world cup trophy victory is welcome
in earth 1 or earth 2 bros..
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by softwerk(f): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2016
I think this guy is very correct ohh, our eagles wearing green on a green pitch is like looking for a green snake under a green grass.

No wonder Mikel's passes to Odion Ighalo no dey ever connect! grin shocked
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Catastrophe1: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2016
Only footballers and football fans will understand what the coach meant. Some times during games you just need to see the reflex of your team mate to play the ball to him. Nigerian jersey is the same color as the grass on the pitch.
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Do you understand your job my dumb friend

Your job is to coach the super eagles

Jose Mourinho don't even have the right to tell Manchester united to change the color of their Jersey

Do you play soccer bro?
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Mindmirror: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2016
What the Coach is saying makes sense. Light green for easier visibility, since most football turfs are dark green and it would be better to distinguish a player from the grass for accurate location and passes from team members and making texture of jersey lighter to avoid excessive sweating which can lead to over dehydration and weakness of players, making them lose energy much quicker in the Sun than they would have if they were wearing a ligher-textured jersey
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 16, 2016
Catastrophe1:
Only footballers and football fans will understand what the coach meant. Some times during games you just need to see the reflex of your team mate to play the ball to him. Nigerian jersey is the same color as the grass on the pitch.

Exactly, i dont need to see your face on the pitch before the pass, its just the jersey i need..... The coach knows what he's saying..

1 Like

Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Do you play soccer bro?

Yes
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by wizjid69: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2016
Dclique:
But why na, dark green has always been our colour. Mk him manage am lyk dat jare

I think the colour should be lighter to aid the players visibility and also light colors reflect sunlight while dark colors soak in heat.
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by MicroBox: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2016
Easy way to becoming a football fan and understanding it very well is by playing Play Station....
Rohr's claim is very very true, You truly need some kind of jersey for clearer visibility..
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Catastrophe1: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Exactly, i dont need to see your face on the pitch before the pass, its just the jersey i need..... The coach knows what he's saying..
its a step in the right direction.
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by amazingfrank(m): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2016
I really concur with the super Eagle's Technical Adviser. Our weather condition, and Africa weather condition in general is hash, so a light green and texture will cushion the effects of the sun and make playing any match both in Africa and outside Africa pleasurable for the players.
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by INFOTECH2: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Jose Mourinho don't even have the right to tell Manchester united to change the color of their Jersey

Jose is a club manager and your dumb Friend manages a country.

Different categories and I am sure JM would make some input b you never heard about it
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Eleniyan15: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2016
Catastrophe1:

True Talk when am on the pitch I don't look face before passing the ball at times just the short alone will d justice....it annoying looking at face of a player before you pass the ball that why I tend to love short that is white
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Catastrophe1: 11:10am On Dec 16, 2016
Eleniyan15:

True Talk when am on the pitch I don't look face before passing the ball at times just the short alone will d justice....it annoying looking at face of a player before you pass the ball that why I tend to love short that is white
same here, i like reflective jersey they enhances blind passes, the lemon green is a welcome development.
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Yes

Then you shouldn't have criticsized the coach..... he knows what wants.
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by obaival(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2016
Helping 2 divide dis country ,by d tym d colors of d jersey change rm naija flag color 2 anoda flag color.... grin
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by activelyA(f): 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Another hate comment

##lol
Your comment always makes me shocked...only for me to look at the moniker... And voilà! Its you again

Come be like say I carry ur maha like plantain for my head cheesy
But seriously watch your heart, and cleanse it from unnecessary anger and tension... Always think. Peace and love
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Caseless: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dclique:
grin we used lemon at 2002 WC . Light green isn't bad , but the blue he's suggesting is what I don't like.
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Icon79(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Are you really this dumb or are you just trying to act dumb

Anyway, I will break it down to elementary school levels for you since I am in a charitable mood today.

Now listen, Mister Rohr's job is do everything within his power to give him team the competitive edge to win matches. And that includes making sure that the team's jersey helps the players pick out their team mates in the field of play. Anybody that knows anything about football knows that it's not advisable to wear green jersey on the green grass because sometimes it blurs up the whole thing.

O pari
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Icon79(m): 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
wizjid69:

I think the colour should be lighter to aid the players visibility and also light colors reflect sunlight while dark colors soak in heat.

Good point. To me, our best jersey so far was the one we wore at the USA '94 World Cup.

O pari

1 Like

Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Emperormartin(m): 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
naptu2:

Korea-Japan 2002?
Korea/japan 2002 Jersey was n is still my best Nigeria Jersey
Re: I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by Emperormartin(m): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
GovernorMaxx:
I think Red n Black will be Better
bro that is biafra national team Jersey...
you'll start seeing the jersey in the streets of biafra come 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onazi Ogenyi Playing Keyboard On Emmanuel Tv / Iheanacho And Nwakali Hang Out Together / AFCON: Like Pigeons, Eagles Touched By Buhari Refused To Fly – Shehu Sani (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.