Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno (27875 Views)

Borno Residents Flee As Soldiers And Boko Haram Engage In Gun Battle. Photos / Hausa And Igbo (IPOB) Clash In Aba: Several Gunshots By Soldiers (Live Updates) / Protesting IPOB Women Remove Their Clothes As Soldiers Disrupt Their MeetingPICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by seunlly(m): 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
There is a complete breakdown of order and discipline at the 21 Brigade of the Nigerian Army with soldiers deployed to rout Boko Haram from the dreaded Sambisa Forest in Borno State turning against their officers and firing gunshots in all directions.

People familiar with the matter said the troops complained of mistreatment and then began to shoot indiscriminately, threatening to kill any officer who stands on their way.

“The brigade is based in Bama but is currently deployed at Bula Bello in Sambisa for Operation Rescue Final,” a military insider told PREMIUM TIMES.

“But suddenly soldiers started mutinying at 6AM today, firing in all directions and threatening to pull out of the operation.

“As some of them fire gunshots, some started preparing vehicles to move out of location. They also warned officers to steer clear or they would be shot dead.
“They are saying their commanders have been treating them badly and telling them lies. As I speak to you, the firing is still going on, and there is confusion everywhere.”

The commander of the Brigade, Col AG Laka, could not immediately be reached to comment for this story.
The Nigerian Army is yet to issue a statement on the incident.

Contacted, the spokesperson for the Army, Sani Usman, a brigadier general, declined comment on the development.

There have been repeated cases of mutiny by Nigerian soldiers since the war against Boko Haram began, and the Army has tried over 100 soldiers for the offence.
The worst case occurred in May 2014 when troops of 7 Division, angered by the death of 12 of their colleagues in a Boko Haram ambush, opened fire on the vehicle of their General Officer Commanding (GOC), Major General Ahmadu Mohammed.

The soldiers were later arrested, tried and jailed.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/218127-breaking-gunshots-confusion-borno-soldiers-fighting-boko-haram-go-rampage.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by INTROVERT(f): 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
grin

Them never pay them abi...... Am sure they have called burantashi in his dubai mansion to tell him.... grin grin grin
Sai baba

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by tempest01(m): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
If this one is true, then wahala dey.

Some soldiers were dismissed for mutiny, they were encouraged by redrafting them.

If every one angry with the system in nigeria takes action, then the country will be no more.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by annayawchee: 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
alas the long awaited mutiny....

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by seunlly(m): 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
tempest01:
If this one is true, then wahala dey.

Some soldiers were dismissed for mutiny, they were encouraged by redrafting them.

If every one angry with the system in nigeria takes action, then the country will be no more.

Una wanna confirm maybe it true.
Check the link.
Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by kcnwaigbo: 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
annayawchee:
alas the long awaited mutiny....

grin grin grin grin grin I thought we were told Buhari is taking care of them better than GEJ grin grin grin

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by seunlly(m): 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

grin grin grin grin grin I thought we were told Buhari is taking care of them better than GEJ grin grin grin
I doubt thatcheesy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by APCHaram: 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Propaganda don bounce.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by annayawchee: 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

the rate at which the soldiers are dying nowadays is so alarming.... E no concern me sha, my papa no dey force, me uncle no dey force, my siblings no dey force....

23 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by tafabaloo(m): 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
If this is true then Nigerians should not doze off.

We may someday wake up to a coup by this disgruntled military operatives

13 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by APCHaram: 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
4 colonels were killed in just one month.

Talk less of the number of NCOs that have been KIAed.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by deji68: 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Karma is a b1tch ,.... back then Lai and Apc were encouraging Mutiny, now they having a taste of it . Just sorry for the Poor masses cool cool cool

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by APCHaram: 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
Of late it has been somewhat of a trend for Nigerian Army personnel stationed in the NE to take to their Facebook page to post on their level of commitment to die fighting boko haram and the trending of such autistic posts obviously has been hijacked by the propaganda arm of the buhari govt. Which has made those post viral by strategically trending it all over Nigerian cyberspace.

I will remind each and every army personnel who deems it fit to go and die fighting boko haram, of the great speech given by General Patton of the US allied forces during world war 2. Patton suggested that "no poor bastard ever helped his fatherland by dying in a war. Rather it is that bastard who kills the other enemy bastard that ensures victory for his Homeland ".

Boko Haram has no problem dying in their lunatic Islamic quest. It thus boils down to you to dispatch them to their Islamic harem as efficiently and effectively possible.

The "dying for your fatherland" meme is being used by this evil apc govt to make every dead soldier in the war front a martyr similar to a dead boko jihadist while it ought to be seen as an embarrassment and testament to a great failure of those in charge of the war effort.

Do not let your lives become a propaganda meme at the disposal of lair mohammed.
https://www.nairaland.com/3522292/see-another-useless-social-media

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by three: 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
Boko Haram Has been 'Technically Defeated'

...and here was I thinking it was GEJ that politicised this

20 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by APCHaram: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
Buhari should draft liar Mohammed to Borno to address the soldiers to stop the mutiny.

18 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by deji68: 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has accused the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan of deliberately provoking Nigerian soldiers into mutiny by its actions and turning round to arrest and prosecute the soldiers..... i think Buhari is provoking them now cool cool cool

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by dotman4real007(m): 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
well I believe the senior officers are truly maltreating the junior officers, and yet send them to their deaths, and you think they won't revolt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by kcnwaigbo: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
IMAGINE THE USELESS BURUNTASHI SAYING TROOPS WILL BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE NE NEXT YEAR.EVEN WITH THE WAY BOKO HARAM ARE KILLING SENIOR MILITARY OFFICIALS LIKE CHICKEN

17 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by olafum1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
Argh...

I've never been so disappointed than I am in PMB..
Very disappointed.. Where is the integrity, where is d savior?

undecided undecided undecided

24 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
Buhari promised to end this war in December 2015.

8 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by simplyOJ(m): 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
Really sad. This shouldn't be happening. The worst you can
ask for in an army fighting a cause; is a disjointed force. The
boys morale should be gingered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by Remilekun101: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
angry
Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by slimpoppa(m): 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
chai
Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by engrjosefz(m): 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Na wa o... confusion all over d land... from MMM to NA

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by Waspy(m): 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Signs and symptoms of a failed nation. God have mercy and turn situations around.

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Who didn't see this coming?
You put soldiers out in the war front and you keep them hungry, who does that?
Soldiers at the battle front would have to also worry about how their loved ones are surviving, who does that?
Since this administration came in, we haven't seen significant boost in combat readiness yet you want them to have good morale.
Everyday a gallant officer gets the title RIP (and I believe there are more which the authorities have covered up) , do you think these guys don't also see their death coming if they don't voice out?
It was hoped that with the coming of a former general as Head of State, the military operations would be boosted, the reverse is the case.
The COAS should knw that troop morale is not boosted just by doing push ups and jogging, and sharing ponmo and akara or giving phoney names to operations. The crocodile would only smile if the troops make it smile.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by Johnbosco77(m): 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
wahala deyyyy.....
Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by sanandreas(m): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
It is Nigeria. Everything is possible. The soldiers are feeling the wind of change.

5 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by israelboy1(m): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
hmm

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by idupaul: 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
I am beginning to think that I owe Goodluck Jonathan a personal apology because I was part of those who thought his incompetence was responsible for a lot of failure at the time but now I know the man was actually a blessing disguised as a meek man .

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno by pembisco(m): 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
This is to the dullarhd

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Chatham House Performance A Disgrace – PDP Campaign / Every ethnic group has right to Rivers governorship – Amaechi slams wike / 2023: PDP Can Win Without Wike, Atiku Tells Party’s BOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.