Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS (8312 Views)

Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics / Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate Rises To 27.1% - NBS / Buhari Raises N-power Gear, Half Million Beneficiaries By 1 August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by martineverest(m): 7:19am On Dec 17, 2016
many resigned because of MMM
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by hucienda: 7:19am On Dec 17, 2016
Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by okosodo: 7:22am On Dec 17, 2016
Lets just blame jonathan, its the safest thing to do
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by MarshRiley(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2016
Electricity problem
Companies folding up
Naira falling like my neighbours breast
Rich getting richer
Poor getting poorer
People dying everywhere e.g Kaduna south
Our footballers and military protesting
and a lot of kids won't get christmas cloths this year embarassed

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by tochivitus(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2016
Buhari nah u cos all this wahala meanwhile click on my signature to make real cash for this December.
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by elopee3000(m): 7:23am On Dec 17, 2016
darknetcom:

whatever...others love-vendor their numbers too in a democratie...

europe or america is not better...
i dont know why people like u mention europe or American to compare with nigeria dogs in austria i stay eat more than average nigerian
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by EagleNest(m): 7:33am On Dec 17, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
"Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa"......... Nigerians don't feel the impact.Unemployment at its highest level.
" FAAC just allocated over 300 billion naira for the month of November"......... Again it doesn't have impact on nigerians.most people living under the poverty line.
"Nigeria govt budgeted over 7trillion naira for 2017"...... As usual, zero impact on the lives of the ordinary citizens.
"Nigeria recovered about 1 trillion from the looters "..... Just like before, no action no traction.

Federal govt lacked ideas to strike the right chord for the economy to rebound.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by LastSurvivor11: 7:34am On Dec 17, 2016
E no go better for chinakwes dog
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by moffat(m): 7:39am On Dec 17, 2016
pray for naija
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by emeogbo: 7:42am On Dec 17, 2016
mmm is the way out [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by truthspeaks: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2016
Include ngeneukwenu, dropshot, hungerbad, sarrki n madridguy. Whr omenka n seunmsg sef
JonSnow:
Beremx, please come and enlighten us on how buhari's body odor would create 50million job opportunities in one month.

Thanks. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by truthspeaks: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2016
Wch kind ppl be ur type sef. Read u no fit read. Beta go check d meaning of NBS n it's nt Nigerian Breweries smiley
kolnel:
One of the problems with Nigeria is lack of accurate datas
How would anyone say unemployment is 15 %
Even the employment rate is not up to that
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by almarthins(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2016
HRich:
Its their faults,

I don't pity them any longer, anybody that's jobless should have his/herself to blame,

they are among those that campaigned for APC and Buhari,

they were in their offices while insulting Jonathan and his Government and they voted in Buhari,

everyone should enjoy the vote and stop complaining

Can you statistically prove how many people had jobs under Jonathan? Nigeria get problem una wan crucify buhari for years of political and economical decadence. Dont forget u self contribute.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by Exponental(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2016
APC...... failure!
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2016
magicminister:
if unemployment rate in Nigeria is anything less than 45% then it's a miracle.

Mathematically speaking, 14 percent of 150million people is about 21 million.
Basically, these people are telling us that only 21 million people in Nigeria are unemployed??

Loooool!!!

The report stated that unemployment covered persons (aged 15–64) who, during the reference period, were currently available for work, actively seeking for work but were without work.

Maybe you missed this excerpt from the post.
The people who fall in this category are the ones considered unemployed, they are the ones that were captured in this survey.

Looks like ILO's (International Labour Organisation) definition of unemployed persons.

You don't expect someone who sits in his/her house waiting for the job to land on his laps, who probably isn't ready for the work to be considered unemployed.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by almarthins(m): 8:04am On Dec 17, 2016
No be today I don dey hear about austerities I dey very small wen dem go dey air an for radio. My mates don marry, born pikin self. I still dey hear same old same old.
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by almarthins(m): 8:09am On Dec 17, 2016
PaperLace:

Maybe you missed that excerpt from the post.
The people who fall in this category are the ones considered unemployed, they are the ones that were captured in this survey.

Looks like ILO's (International Labour Organisation) definition of unemployed persons.

You don't expect someone who sits in his/her house waiting for the job to land on his laps, who probably isn't ready for the work to be considered unemployed.

If u among the lucky ones don't think others are lazy. Some of us had bn searching for job for years. Ask johnny Walker how we take meet, he go narrate our ordeals

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2016
almarthins:

If u among the lucky ones don't think others are lazy. Some of us had bn searching for job for years. Ask johnny Walker how we take meet, he go narrate our ordeals

It doesn't change the fact that_ there are people who are not (actively) searching.
I stand by that definition of unemployed persons. If you fall into that subset, your 'lucky day' is around the corner.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2016
The nomad keeps getting dumber!
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by djlaqua91(m): 8:40am On Dec 17, 2016
almarthins:

lol, leave am. The babe never see the real 9ja hustle.
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by pwetie: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2016
cooltola:
fix the electricity problems and jobs will start coming to Nigeria Many businesses or companies cannot make a profit or stay afloat because the costs of using or maintaining diesel or any generators are expensive. Providing electricity 24 hours is not an easy task but FG can start somewhere by providing at least 12 hours a day of electricity. Till then do not expect improvement.

That's more like sledge hammer process of tackling the problem. I agree with u 100%. Instead of this so called Npower stuff DT can't be sustainable.
On another note, if and only if the Nigerians nd d government can wake up to reality. To solve and focus 100% by channelling very huge portion of money nd technical know-how on each pressing problems the country faces each budget year........In four years we can boast of accomplishing 4 major issues.....then we can rinse nd repeat d process again nd again for subsequent years. Instead of d unrealistic 10-50points agenda d government always tries to solve each year. Summary: Solve power problem in 2017 forget all sectors. Solve Transport problems in 2018 forget all sectors.....................................................

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by darknetcom: 9:15am On Dec 17, 2016
elopee3000:
i dont know why people like u mention europe or American to compare with nigeria dogs in austria i stay eat more than average nigerian

how do you know average nigerians eat less..??..

look..you love your inferiority complex...people like me understand.

but...can you please keep it away from the rest of us..
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by Pasca07: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2016
darknetcom:

how do you know average nigerians eat less..??..

look..you love your inferiority complex...people like me understand.

but...can you please keep it away from the rest of us..
look stop comparing American and European countries like Germany,Ireland etc with Nigeria the difference is clear
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by darknetcom: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2016
Pasca07:
look stop comparing American and European countries like Germany,Ireland etc with Nigeria the difference is clear

why shouldnt i??..we have nearly the same amount of population..compare with who..??

kenya..?..south-africa..??..

the are even doing worse than us..
they just like to lie....
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by Pasca07: 10:13am On Dec 17, 2016
darknetcom:

why shouldnt i??..we have nearly the same amount of population..compare with who..??

kenya..?..south-africa..??..

the are even doing worse than us..
they just like to lie....
really?strange people on nairaland... are u saying Canadian citizens are suffering more than Nigerians? are u saying German citizens are suffering more than Nigerians? including united state? pls go back and sleep type like human being.....besides have u been to all the countries I mentioned?
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by darknetcom: 10:32am On Dec 17, 2016
Pasca07:
really?strange people on nairaland... are u saying Canadian citizens are suffering more than Nigerians? are u saying German citizens are suffering more than Nigerians? including united state? pls go back and sleep type like human being.....besides have u been to all the countries I mentioned?

i didnt say the are suffering remember??..

you are not the only ones that know western nations..

i chat with them everytime..
they are not happy a tall..

especialy because if immigrants like you that think everything is free..

you have to hear them talk..

they are not happy with people like you a tall..

look..we try to emulate western nations by fire by force..
i see no reason to dont compare with them..
we want a lifestyle like them anyways..
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by Pasca07: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2016
darknetcom:

i didnt say the are suffering remember??..

you are not the only ones that know western nations..

i chat with them everytime..
they are not happy a tall..

especialy because if immigrants like you that think everything is free..

you have to hear them talk..

they are not happy with people like you a tall..

look..we try to emulate western nations by fire by force..
i see no reason to dont compare with them..
we want a lifestyle like them anyways..
from your write up it shows you are bereft of what is going on in western countries besides who says things are free in developed countries? you are typing out of the subject matter....Those you chatted with may be illegal immigrants in developed countries...A nigeria citizen in Canada will not complain that Nigeria is better than Canada in terms of employment rate....
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by HenryThegreat1(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2016
and hunger beating fellow get mouth to speak against mmm that's putting food for our table.
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by 3sexy: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
The main reason why we need MMM
Re: Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS by benodic: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
Nigeria is a country that does not have data on any social indices. Ordinary National ID card It can not give its citizens talk less of knowing who is employed and who is not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Holborn Apprenticeship Program. / 7 Efficient Workplace Employees Conflict Management Strategies / FHI 360 Job Recruitment (9 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.