Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (984 Views)

Atheists, You Are All Invited. / Prophet Opambour: Men With Big Manhoods, Bleached Skin Won’t Make It To Heaven / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 17, 2016
In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

Pope Francis gives life advice: in pictures
show all

Robert Mickens, the Vatican correspondent for the Catholic journal The Tablet, said the pontiff’s comments were further evidence of his attempts to shake off the Catholic Church’s fusty image, reinforced by his extremely conservative predecessor Benedict XVI. “Francis is a still a conservative,” said Mr Mickens. “But what this is all about is him seeking to have a more meaningful dialogue with the world.”

0:00
/
0:30

The Pope by numbers

In a welcoming response to the letter, Mr Scalfari said the Pope’s comments were “further evidence of his ability and desire to overcome barriers in dialogue with all”.

In July, Francis signalled a more progressive attitude on sexuality, asking: “If someone is gay and is looking for the Lord, who am I to judge him?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by wordbank(m): 8:30am On Dec 17, 2016
Even d thief believe Jesus before him get ticket
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by jonbellion(m): 8:31am On Dec 17, 2016
The deluded ones are coming for you OP

Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
I am not the Pope.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2016
He can say and do whatever he likes because he knows xtianity is a fake ass scam.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by chukkystar(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2016
My Bible told me it's only through Jesus You can get to Heaven.. I no me Almajiri wey dey listen to only wetin Dem preach give am.. I read my Bible too..
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by orisa37: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2016
SATAN IS IN HEAVEN. GOD SENT IT TO JOB. JUDAS ALSO IS IN HEAVEN . JESUS INSTRUCTED HIM(JUDAS) TO HAND HIM(JESUS) OVER FOR CRUCIFIXION. Satan and Judas obeyed God and performed as God wanted. Perhaps it's God's Instructions to that 101 year old Pedophile in Britain to rape young ones.. He follows his Conscience, The Breath of God in him. As for the Atheist, he doesn't have a complete conscience. His, is continually filled w Ith negative life which God doesn't deserve. The God who asks us to honour Him and always respect Him can never instruct the Atheist in his Conscience to disobey Him. And so, when Atheist dies, he goes to other places than Heaven.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by orisa37: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2016
It's Time to stop some of Francis inexplicable and/or badly explained thoughts. Love and Honour God and your neighbors. On these principles hang The Laws and The Prophets. And this is fundamental to all Conscience, Atheists no exception.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by orunto27: 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
PATROCINIUM: God breaths Conscience into every human, Pope and Atheist, to enable Him instruct, direct and discern humans at His Pleasure. This means that humans and every spirit in human skin are designed to always obey and serve the Errands and Pleasures of God. Adam&Eve disobeyed God's instructions and in Hell we all remain until God sent His only Son that whoever believes in Him, will not perish but have eternal life. This is The Crossroad for every human, as taught not only by The Bible but also by humans' Experience and Imagination made real. Heaven is a Place of Bliss, where you shine, improve and move in The Sovereignty of God's Faith, Hope, Peace and Love. Hell is the opposite where you face all Adversities without doubt. I have said before that Religion is Imagination made real, not by Francis, Simon Peter but by God who made Adam, Eve and Niphilims in different processes and also came down in Christ Jesus to enable humans see Him, believe and make Heaven by our experience and constant contact in Prayers and Supplications. Does Francis Pray always?
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
Little by little, the Christian faith will sink into oblivion as their leaders continue to revise & upgrade their self-fabricated laws & lies. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Deicide: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
Lol this Is funny... Well they where the once that Compiled the New testament of the Bible so They know better...
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by 5minsmadness: 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
If you have watched the documentary on Nostradamus or read his works, you will know who this pope is and what is going on.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Omudia11: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
So the pope is no longer deluded? You people reach a new low everyday.
jonbellion:
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Omudia11: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
Care to give a brief summary about it?
5minsmadness:
If you have watched the documentary on Nostradamus or read his works, you will know who this pope is and what is going on.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Omudia11: 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
This has been repeated over the past centuries. Even the Beatles said that they would be more popular than Christianity as it would sink into oblivion but Christianity still waxes strong. Christianity will only get more popular my dear. It will be spread to the ends of the earth and then the end will come.
Zoharariel:
Little by little, the Christian faith will sink into oblivion as their leaders continue to revise & upgrade their self-fabricated laws & lies. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Splinz(m): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
That one deluded man called "pope" decides to speak his own mind doesn't mean he speaks the mind of God.

This is his opinion and will remain so.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by jonbellion(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
Omudia11:
So the pope is no longer deluded? You people reach a new low everyday.
you misunderstood my comment
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
I dont see it in that excerpt.

You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart...

Foolish journalist with an agenda undecided
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ScienceWatch: 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
Undercover investigators reveal shocking truth that Pope Francis is closet Atheist, thats why all attempts to anoint him has failed. Pope Francis cant heal, deliver evil spirits and bless.

He is just a lowly president of Rome.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ScienceWatch: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
buyfromindia1:

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

Pope Francis gives life advice: in pictures
show all

Robert Mickens, the Vatican correspondent for the Catholic journal The Tablet, said the pontiff’s comments were further evidence of his attempts to shake off the Catholic Church’s fusty image, reinforced by his extremely conservative predecessor Benedict XVI. “Francis is a still a conservative,” said Mr Mickens. “But what this is all about is him seeking to have a more meaningful dialogue with the world.”

0:00
/
0:30

The Pope by numbers

In a welcoming response to the letter, Mr Scalfari said the Pope’s comments were “further evidence of his ability and desire to overcome barriers in dialogue with all”.

In July, Francis signalled a more progressive attitude on sexuality, asking: “If someone is gay and is looking for the Lord, who am I to judge him?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
The Pope should have answered, " I am a FAKE priest/pastor/pope, that why I cant help gays in my church."

Sincere People meet at the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria.
They come from Russia, UK, America, Africa, Britian, France, etc.

The true power of the spirit world is demonstrated in its purest form.
See it happening 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Here you will also learn why you must not pay for Spiritual healings. It is written : "Freely the gift of healing is given to you, freely it must be given to those that need it".

I have seen everyone with psychological disorders, Cancer, barreness, addictions, spiritual curses and terminal diseases healed very rapidly.
There are too many human problems that science cant cure but they will accept the case anyway and make money out of the suffering. What is the root cause of psychological problems ? Scientist still don’t know. Medical science simply drug you and charge you !

See it happening 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. on Emmanuel.tv and youtube.com
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScienceWatch:
The Pope should have answered, " I am a FAKE priest/pastor/pope, that why I cant help gays in my church."

Sincere People meet at the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria.
They come from Russia, UK, America, Africa, Britian, France, etc.

The true power of the spirit world is demonstrated in its purest form.
See it happening 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Here you will also learn why you must not pay for Spiritual healings. It is written : "Freely the gift of healing is given to you, freely it must be given to those that need it".

I have seen everyone with psychological disorders, Cancer, barreness, addictions, spiritual curses and terminal diseases healed very rapidly.
There are too many human problems that science cant cure but they will accept the case anyway and make money out of the suffering. What is the root cause of psychological problems ? Scientist still don’t know. Medical science simply drug you and charge you !

See it happening 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. on Emmanuel.tv and youtube.com

You seem to be a PROMOTER of Emmanuel Tv. The same Emmanuel tv that some of you Christians who dont share same view with criticize.

Abeg, why are the Christians divided within herself and try to antagonise/condemn the Atheist as well?

Somethings just dont add up about Christianity.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ScienceWatch: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
adepeter26:

You seem to be a PROMOTER of Emmanuel Tv. The same Emmanuel tv that some of you Christians who dont share same view with criticize.

Abeg, why are the Christians divided within herself and try to antagonise/condemn the Atheist as well?

Somethings just dont add up about Christianity.
I am not a promoter of Emmanuel TV ! If you have experience of Honda as a reliable car, are you a promoter when you pass your experience on?

A car is not just a car ! What happens If you chose the wrong brand ?

So it is with pastors. A pastor is not just a pastor. You get thousands of Fake pastors. Christianity has never been divided, Adepter26.
Fake pastors have created their own phony version of the Holy gospel.

These cruel fake pastors deny their congregation exactly what Jesus commanded all true pastors to go and do, heal the sick, remove the demons, bless the poor etc.

You say, "something dont add up about Christianity" - If there was no fake pastors, if the Jews did not reject the mighty Jesus Christ then every church in the world would experience what thousands of people around the world have experienced because of a true Pastor in Lagos Nigeria.
Re: Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by 5minsmadness: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
Omudia11:
Care to give a brief summary about it?
The last pope was chased out of office. The next pope heralds the Antichrist.

(1) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: Christ Embassy Pastor Harassing Me –married Woman / Anambra Reverend (rev Prince Chukwuma) Shares Money To All Members Every Sunday / Curious Bees-a Thought Experiment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.