Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30166 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
MrMontella:

your initial question revolved around the idea of what i've explained to you..

''Who taught man how to marry''

notwithstanding bro...
Believe what you want

Thanks

Stop equating sexual cohabitation with marriage.
They are not the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by MrMontella(m): 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Thanks

Stop equating sexual cohabitation with marriage.
They are not the same.

like i said...
''Animal laws are not up to ours''....

The society there accepts it...

The parents may not ''formally'' give ''consent''
but they do not/are not against such relations either....i.e can be aware and not bat an eye...

The penguins dont have to meet another penguin on a pulpit who says ''you may kiss your bride'' before you term it ''accepted''

Birds bathe in waters..sometimes in half clean waters...we still say those species of birds are interested about thier cleanliness..although in the human setting..it is silly...

Get?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
MrMontella:

like i said...
''Animal laws are not up to ours''....

The society there accepts it...

The parents may not ''formally'' give ''consent''
but they do not/are not against such relations either....i.e can be aware and not bat an eye...

The penguins dont have to meet another penguin on a pulpit who says ''you may kiss your bride'' before you term it ''accepted''

Birds bathe in waters..sometimes in half clean waters...we still say those species of birds are interested about thier cleanliness..although in the human setting..it is silly...

Get?

My dear, its not marriage.
If u cant call ur relationship with your cohabiting girlfriend marriage, sorry u Cant call that marriage.

Sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
The owner of www.salon.com is David Talbot and He is an atheist.

No wonder he dedicated his small tabloid to disproving that true story as that would prove the Jonah tale was possible

https://twitter.com/davidtalbot1/status/312016712285446145

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Salon

cc kingebuksblog
felixomor
randomperson
dalaman

Liars will have their place in Hell
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

No wonder he dedicated his small tabloid to disproving that true story as that would prove the Jonah tale was possible

cc kingebuksblog
felixomor
randomperson
dalaman

Na them them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 1:48am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Salon

cc kingebuksblog
felixomor
randomperson
dalaman

Why must you keep telling lies. He is the founder of salon.com but he has since left the media group. If liars will find their place in Hell then you'll also be there in hell because you are a liar.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:06am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

ironically he has shown me repeatedly and spoken repeatedly and it matched scripture.

Shown you what? Spoken to you? Describe his voice to us. How does it sound?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:19am On Dec 18, 2016
Dalaman you are a deceiver and a fraud who uses biased Atheist news sites to refute stories that add credence to the Jonah story. Keep up with your lies and deception
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:22am On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Xenophanes in his criticism of anthropomorphism said that God does not resemble humans in form or in mind . Signature is a way of showing ownership for humans . God is a not a human , so why would God who is not human leave a signature in Nature ?

Please leave me transfixed with your response .

That is his deistic idea of God that just created and left. We are talking about the Gd of theism specifically christianity since that is the God you guys are defending. Let's just make it clear. I wonder why you keep defending the deistic concept of God when you are NOT a deist. It sparks of dishonesty. The christian God wants people to know him and be in a relationship with him so having his signature in nature is another way for people to get to know him. You are NOT a deist so stop dishonestly using their God concept to defend yours that has nothing in common with theirs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by hahn(m): 2:27am On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

That is his deistic idea of God that just created and left. We are talking about the Gd of theism specifically christianity since that is the God you guys are defending. Let's just make it clear. I wonder why you keep defending the deistic concept of God when you are NOT a deist. It sparks of dishonesty. The christian God wants people to know him and be in a relationship with him so having his signature in nature is another way for people to get to know him. You are NOT a deist so stop dishonestly using their God concept to defend yours that has nothing in common with theirs.

If Bubu the omo mummy is not careful with this his "deist stage" he will find himself in a market undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:28am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

www.salon.com was founded by David Talbot to promote his atheistic views same way Seun opened Nairaland to give his atheistic views a voice. Before you can work in salon.com you must be an atheist. All their writers are atheists.

This is why the Militant atheist killings of 2015 in Calgary was given biased reporting and tagged as the new Religious scapegoat against atheism on his website even when CNN gave all the facts.

I will be giving that story on a thread soon.

The writer of that Whale swallowing story Ben Shattuck is also an atheist.

If you opened a company for a purpose as the CEO would you let the purpose be diverted? This is why much of their patronage and fan base is from Reddit.

I provide facts and not fabrications. Your man and website is compromised.

Joan Walsh the editor in chief is a christian. So another lie from.you that before you work there you smust be an atheist.

The story about the guy swallowed by a whale is a lie.

Investigation

More recently the facts have been carefully investigated by historian Edward Davis who pointed out many inconsistencies. The ship in the story is The Star of the East; a British ship by the same name existed and sailed during the time in which the incident allegedly occurred and could have been near the Falklands at the right time, but the real "Star of the East" was not a whaling vessel and its crew list did not include a "James Bartley".[1] Moreover, Mrs. John Killam, the wife of the Captain, wrote a letter stating that "there is not one word of truth in the whale story. I was with my husband all the years he was in the Star of the East. There was never a man lost overboard while my husband was in her. The sailor has told a great sea yarn." Davis suggested that the story may have been inspired by the "Gorleston whale", a 30-foot rorqual killed near Great Yarmouth shortly before in June 1891 that generated a lot of publicity.

While the veracity of the story is in question, it is physically possible for a sperm whale to swallow a human whole, as they have been known to swallow giant squid whole.[8][9

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bartley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:33am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:
Dalaman you are a deceiver and a fraud who uses biased Atheist news sites to refute stories that add credence to the Jonah story. Keep up with your lies and deception

You've been running from pillar to post, including posting satirical post all because you want to give credence to mythology and fiction. You still haven't shown me the ichthyologists that told you all.the lies you spewed here earlier.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 7:12am On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Joan Walsh the editor in chief is a christian. So another lie from.you that before you work there you smust be an atheist.

Investigation

More recently the facts have been carefully investigated by historian Edward Davis who pointed out many inconsistencies. The ship in the story is The Star of the East; a British ship by the same name existed and sailed during the time in which the incident allegedly occurred and could have been near the Falklands at the right time, but the real "Star of the East" was not a whaling vessel and its crew list did not include a "James Bartley".[1] Moreover, Mrs. John Killam, the wife of the Captain, wrote a letter stating that "there is not one word of truth in the whale story. I was with my husband all the years he was in the Star of the East. There was never a man lost overboard while my husband was in her. The sailor has told a great sea yarn." Davis suggested that the story may have been inspired by the "Gorleston whale", a 30-foot rorqual killed near Great Yarmouth shortly before in June 1891 that generated a lot of publicity.

While the veracity of the story is in question, it is physically possible for a sperm whale to swallow a human whole, as they have been known to swallow giant squid whole.[8][9

Obviously you do not know that wikipedia is never an authority in these matters as they are simply a gathering of anyones ideas which your precious salon newspaper stole from and used as an authority in writing their false story debunking a true event.

A Notable Naval website authenticated the story and even cited it being documented in the British Admiralty and written on the tombstone of the dead James Bartly and you do not know that anything documented in the British admiralty is fact

The Admiralty was the government department [1][2] responsible for the command of the Royal Navy in the Kingdom of England, and later in Great Britain, and from 1709 [3] and until 1964 in the United Kingdom and former British Empire. Originally exercised by a single person, the Lord High Admiral, the Admiralty was, from the early 18th century onwards, almost invariably put "in commission" and exercised by the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty, who sat on the Board of Admiralty.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Mister man even Christians say that God is not a man . Or God does not think like men .

Numbers 23:19
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

So yes , God does not resemble man in form or in mind

Deists also believe that God can interact with men and have a relationship with Him and even believe God can be worshiped .

So show me what kind of signature that God would leave in nature and stop this pathetic attempt to evade the question
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Investigation

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Joan Walsh Is not a Christian. She is an Agnostic Deist and has left Salon since 2015 because they frustrated her out. She has slammed her old newspaper repeatedly for that. Since she was not in favor of much of how they wrote anything they frustrated her out and she is now with THE NATION MAGAZINE,

Before you can work for Salon you need to have an atheistic leaning.

Link

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/19/ive_had_a_really_fun_life_joan_walsh_opens_up_on_her_childhood_career_and_online_critics/

Extract

Do you believe in the afterlife? Does your spirituality extend to that?

I think it’s more I-don’t-know. I can’t see it all ending completely; I think I am one of those people who believes in Something Else, but I don’t know what it is— a kind of Buddhist, we-are-all-united kind of oneness that we will rejoin or become conscious of that we don’t have. I sound like a nut! You’re making me sound like a nut!

As you make decisions, do you think about God?

I think as I’ve gotten older I definitely still pray but I don’t think of God as directing me in a particular direction. I don’t see it that way. I think prayer is very good for self-calming and as a way of organizing your thinking about what you want. I don’t know that I think it actually creates an outcome — not to get too touchy-feely about it — but just in case… I’m a little bit of a just-in-case prayer.

Stop lying for Atheism

cc kingebukasblog

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Joan Walsh Is not a Christian. She is an Agnostic Deist and has left Salon since 2015 because they frustrated her out. She has slammed her old newspaper repeatedly for that. Since she was not in favor of much of how they wrote anything they frustrated her out and she is now with THE NATION MAGAZINE,

Link

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/19/ive_had_a_really_fun_life_joan_walsh_opens_up_on_her_childhood_career_and_online_critics/

Extract

I think it’s more I-don’t-know. I can’t see it all ending completely; I think I am one of those people who believes in Something Else, but I don’t know what it is— a kind of Buddhist, we-are-all-united kind of oneness that we will rejoin or become conscious of that we don’t have. I sound like a nut! You’re making me sound like a nut!

I think as I’ve gotten older I definitely still pray but I don’t think of God as directing me in a particular direction. I don’t see it that way. I think prayer is very good for self-calming and as a way of organizing your thinking about what you want. I don’t know that I think it actually creates an outcome — not to get too touchy-feely about it — but just in case… I’m a little bit of a just-in-case prayer.

Stop lying for Atheism

cc kingebukasblog

You lied and said for a person to work in salon the person must be an atheist. Joan Walsh isn't an atheist. From the link you dropped she said she believes in God and always will.

" I believe in God, I definitely believe in God. I always have, I’ve never had a doubt. That’s weird, right? I think it’s psychological; that’s the way my mind and psyche formed"

Where is it stated that before you work in salon.com you must be an atheis? Did you just make it up as usual?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

You lied and said for a person to work in salon the person must be an atheist. Joan Walsh isn't an atheist. From the link you dropped she said she believes in God and always will.

" I believe in God, I definitely believe in God. I always have, I’ve never had a doubt. That’s weird, right? I think it’s psychological; that’s the way my mind and psyche formed"

Where is it stated that before you work in salon.com you must be an atheis? Did you just make it up as usual?

I suppose you do not know who an agnostic deist is and that the only difference between an atheist and an agnostic deist is on the issue of creation. You really are not so bright are you?

Its either you are an atheist or you have an atheistic leaning before you can work for www.salon.com

Since she said she believed in God did you not read the extract i provided free of charge from the same interview? Does that sound to you like someone who is a Christian despite "believing" in God?

She believes in the God idea but not the God of Religion. You really need to wake up.

Why not showw me other writers who are Christian and working for salon. Can you?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Mister man even Christians say that God is not a man . Or God does not think like men .

Numbers 23:19
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

So yes , God does not resemble man in form or in mind

Deists also believe that God can interact with men and have a relationship with Him and even believe God can be worshiped .

So show me what kind of signature that God would leave in nature and stop this pathetic attempt to evade the question

Read the bible and you have God acting jut like a man. He gets angry, he's jealous, he throws anger tantrums, he fights with men and kills them, he boast about killing men etc he is very emotional like a.man and does things that men do. He even wears clothing like men. So what exactly is the point that God is not a man when he acts like.men in almost every page of the bible.

A God that communicates with humans as claimed does that because he wants them to know him and have a relationship with him. The bible talks about believers having signs so that unbelievers will see and believe.

Why not just have those signs in nature. We have different Gods laying claim to creation. Does any of them want us to really know who truly created? We have muslims telling us that Allah created and as such we have his name written on some mountains, rocks, plants, animal body etc

If you want to use nature as evidence of God then it will be senselessif you don't pointout God's signature in a nature. Remember there are different Gods all claiming to have created.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

I suppose you do not know who an agnostic deist is and that the only difference between an atheist and an agnostic deist is on the issue of creation. You really are not so bright are you?

Its either you are an atheist or you have an atheistic leaning before you can work for www.salon.com

Since she said she believed in God did you not read the extract i provided free of charge from the same interview? Does that sound to you like someone who is a Christian despite "believing" in God?

She believes in the God idea but not the God of Religion. You really need to wake up.

Why not showw me other writers who are Christian and working for salon. Can you?

You said before a person works for Salon.com the person must be an atheist. Where did you get that from? Did you just make it up the way you made the ichthyologists stuff up? Yes you did. Go to church and dash your pastor and his wife mobey and stop digging a hole for your self here.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 8:51am On Dec 18, 2016
Dalaman Glenn Greenwald who writes for salon is an ANTI-THEIST

Mary Elizabeth Williams who works for salon is an atheist

Amanda Marcotte who works for salon is an atheist

Heather Digby Parton who works for salon is an atheist

Scott Timberg who works for salon is an atheist

Michele Filgate who works for salon is an atheist

David Daley who is now the chief editor in salon is an atheist

Should i continue?

www.salon.com is known everywhere as an Atheist media

Can you deny it?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:55am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Link

Extract

Stop lying for Atheism

cc kingebukasblog

Dalaman is one compulsive liar . His special subterfuge is to accuse you of lying then tell barefaced lies as a rebuttal . grin . How can you accuse another of lying then lie Only Dalaman can grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 8:57am On Dec 18, 2016
Andrew O'Hehir who is the Executive editor of salon is an atheist
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Dalaman is one compulsive liar . His special subterfuge is to accuse you of lying then tell barefaced lies as a rebuttal . grin . How can you accuse another of lying then lie Only Dalaman can grin

Dont mind the liar. Using an atheist sponsored and commandeered media to refute a true occurrence simply because it would add credence to the Jonah story

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by MrMontella(m): 9:03am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

I suppose you do not know who an agnostic deist is and that the only difference between an atheist and an agnostic deist is on the issue of creation. You really are not so bright are you?]
baba this is a lie o...
Agnostic deists can be evolutionists as well as believe in creation..
Agnostic deists believe in a deistic god...whose nature is unknown..
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:
Dalaman Glenn Greenwald who writes for salon is an ANTI-THEIST

Mary Elizabeth Williams who works for salon is an atheist

Amanda Marcotte who works for salon is an atheist

Heather Digby Parton who works for salon is an atheist

Scott Timberg who works for salon is an atheist

Michele Filgate who works for salon is an atheist

David Daley who is now the chief editor in salon is an atheist

Should i continue?

www.salon.com is known everywhere as an Atheist media

Can you deny it?

LILY BURANA writes for Salon.com and she's a christian.

Here is he work on the site.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/19/jesus-wept-how-can-you-call-yourself-a-christian-if-you-voted-for-donald-trump/

So you have been caught lying again. You said a person must be an athiests to work on the site. I've shown you two people that are not atheist that work there. Go and dash your pastor money and stop digging a hole for your self.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2016
MrMontella:

baba this is a lie o...
Agnostic deists can be evolutionists as well as believe in creation..
Agnostic deists believe in a deistic god...whose nature is unknown..

Did you read her interview? Or are you also blind
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

Dont mind the liar. Using an atheist sponsored and commandeered media to refute a true occurrence simply because it would add credence to the Jonah story

I have since left the guy, he has no honor.

He says something, when u tell him to provide backup, he calls u liar.
When u provide ur own backup, he mentions u without addressing what u have presented.
And still claim he is making a point.

The guy made claims on koran, bacteria, marriage, God on this thread without a single backup.

Then he keeps screaming liar, liar.

I doubt his mental capacity as of now.
Honestly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by MrMontella(m): 9:06am On Dec 18, 2016
damogul:

Did you read her interview? Or are you also blind
i dont care about her interview!
I only care about your wrong definition of agnostic deists!
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 9:13am On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Brother where I lie na? At least I didn't make up and story about any ichthyologists. Our brother here did yet am the liar? You've broken my heart with this false allegations of yours. Am sad. I won't talk to you again. grin grin

Oya go church go dash your pastor money.why are you here agruing with atheist when you are supposed to be dropping money for your pastor and his wife.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

I have since left the guy, he has no honor.

He says something, when u tell him to provide backup, he calls u liar.
When u provide ur own backup, he mentions u without addressing what u have presented.
And still claim he is making a point.

The guy made claims on koran, bacteria, marriage, God on this thread without a single backup.

Then he keeps screaming liar, liar.

I doubt his mental capacity as of now.
Honestly.

What is this one saying? How did you jump from God to bacteria? Has a bacteria ever told you anything? What about God. Do you communicate with any God?

Where did the Koran claim that Jesus is the son of God or support his resurrection? The Koran clearly states that Jesus is not the son of God and he wasn't crucified. Why do you keep bringing that debunked issue up?

As for marriage it's human beings that thought themselves how to.marry each other based on different traditions. That is why there are different types of marriages and different types of marriage contract ranging from monogamy, to polygamy to, polyandry to gay marriage. A question for you. How did marriage amonghumans come about? Pls answer it

As for God where is the God that exist without human input? Point to it already.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

LILY BURANA writes for Salon.com and she's a christian.

Here is he work on the site.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/19/jesus-wept-how-can-you-call-yourself-a-christian-if-you-voted-for-donald-trump/

So you have been caught lying again. You said a person must be an athiests to work on the site. I've shown you two people that are not atheist that work there. Go and dash your pastor money and stop digging a hole for your self.

Chauncey Devega is a contributing writer to salon and he is an atheist

I pity you sometimes when you make shallow arguments and lie anyhow

Lily Burana Just got Saved and restored to her faith as christian. She was an Atheist originally with salon

Read her write up and the caption and the bottom when you are done

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-burana-christian-progressive-20160501-story.html

Caption on the bottom

Lily Burana is a novelist and memoirist. She is at work on a book about her journey back to faith

Extract

You have to understand: I work, socialize and post in circles where the only Sunday sacrament is brunch. I move mostly in the world of “nones,” otherwise known as the “spiritual-but-not-religious. “ Many of them don’t look kindly on Christians; they don't even think they know any.

So I sometimes feel I’m on the wrong side of history, and that makes me self-conscious about opening conversations about faith. But sharing posts, memes and tweets makes me feel like I might be able to, at the very least, let the nones know that Christianity isn't what they may think it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / How To Prepare Gun Medicine, Cutlass Medicine & Knife Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.