Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 (38622 Views)

50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba / 8 Nollywood's Former 'fine Boys No Pimples' And How They Look Now (photos) / 8 Nollywood Actors Who Are Also TV Presenters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by 247frolicboss(m): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
The Nigerian Film Industry was not spared from the turbulence that rocked the ship of 2016. The industry witnessed several deaths of top rated artistes, that graced local and international scenes. Some of which are:

1. Bukky Ajayi (82): Veteran Nollywood actress Bukky Ajayi died on July 6, 2016 after an unsuccessful battle with heart-related issues. Her big break into Nollywood was her role in the Village Headmaster in the 70s. In March 2016, the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) awarded her with the 2016 ‘Industry Merit Award’.

2. Veteran Actor, Festus Aguebor. Festus Aguebor, died on February 23, 2016. His cause of death was undisclosed and was a shock to all his fans. He was known for his roles in Igbodo and Family contract. He is believed to have been in his 70s.

3. Actor, Fred Ebhoria Ekata: Fred died on May 17, 2016 from a kidney related disease which plagued him for a year and left him bed-ridden. He loved to play elderly roles in Nollywood films.

4. Actress, Henrietta Kosoko (53): Actress Henrietta Kosoko, wife of veteran actor Prince Jide Kosoko died in June, 2016. She died in R-Jolad Hospital, Gbagada, Lagos. She became famous after her lead role in the Nollywood film, Omolade which was produced by her husband.

5. Yoruba actor, Abdul-Lateef Titilope Ashimiyu aka Alfa Lateef:
Nollywood Yoruba actor, Abdul-Lateef Titilope Ashimiyu aka Alfa Lateef died in June, 2016. He was known for his roles in Odunlade Adekola’s movies. He died as a result of Malaria. He was buried in at his family house in Ile Egbaunta, Agunpopo area of Oyo town.

6. Actor, Isiaka Adewale Najeem. Actor Isiaka Adewale Najeem died on August 7, 2016 at a church Lagos. His cause of death is still a mystery and he was buried the same day.

7. Elder Maya Martins Njubuigbo: On September 30, beloved veteran Nollywood actor Elder Maya passed away after months of battling with a liver illness. His death was announced by fellow actor Yomi Fabiyi was the first to reveal it on Instagram.

8. Mulikat Adegbola: Veteran Actress, Mulikat Adegbola popularly known by her stage name Ashabi Iya Adinni passed away on December 3, 2016 after a brief illness.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/top-8-nollywood-stars-that-died-in-2016.html

2 Shares

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by madridguy(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
Noted.
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by greatgod2012(f): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
Arakongudu too died this year.

May their souls continue to rest in peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Bantino(m): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
May their souls RIP.

The rate at which people die these day, one will consider this bar grin

10 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by GisthoodBlog(m): 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
may their soul rest in peace..

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
Where do we go from here? What do we do next? Do we sit and ponder what is the next surprise in this life, if death really is? Or do we try to decipher certain mysteries in life? But perhaps we may only, and best possibly accept certain things in life. That life is life: it will never be a paradise. "Life is short and full of troubles", even the Bible says.
As much as we may distaste it, the truth is that we are all gonna die someday. At a time t, you will be the next to go. We all pray for long life, and I encourage everyone to do so -not to say that short life is a curse- but not everyone will live a long life, or get to the fantasy age where your children, grand children and great grand children surround you on your death bed.
My prior thinking was that certain people including myself were too special to die suddenly or unexpectedly or untimely. But I'm happy I'm wiser now. None is too special. People who have passed on untimely; trust me, you are really not more special than they were. It is just a matter of -should I say- grace or the opportunity to live longer. No matter your level of righteousness, benevolence or spirituality, when it's the said time to die, these attributes will not prevent fate.

There comes the question: what is the determinant of long life of a person? What criteria or manner of living (whether religious, social, health-wise) should be in place, for one to live long? I don't have the right answer. But if I was to attempt at answering that, I would say none. You don't have any particular way or style of life that guarantees you 100 percent long life and old age. In addition, you need not fear whether you are compromising "certain standards" and so you won't live long. All you need to do is just to live your life; maximise the time you have on earth. Try to be happy, enjoy life to the best of your ability. Be good to people, forgive; even when hurt show love like you've never been hurt.

The earlier we take death as part of normal occurrences in our lives' experiences, the better. We are to mourn when there is need, and to miss our departed loved ones, but these unpalatable experiences are things that cannot be removed from life.

We should shift focus from the longevity of a person's life to the impact of the person's life to others. Even Jesus didn't have to live a hundred years to generate the impact he still has in this world. 33 years was all that was needed.

My beloved, I really express condolence to the loved ones of those departed.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Costello559(m): 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
May God accept their souls... Amen

I miss dat Igodo man oooo... Chai
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Joyce28(f): 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
May their soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2016

REST IN VAHALA

FLY SAVE!!

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Guru9ja(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
Where u dey see all this kind news newshelm. E b like say u dey date one of those mods.
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Guru9ja(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
May God accept all their souls. Amen
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by AlexCk: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
The inevitability of death.

But what can we do, the Grimm Reaper will always have his way, sooner or later.

rip
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Firefire(m): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
My beloved mother also died few days ago...

RIP mother of all. cry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by galarbagalapazy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
RIP
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by bengoodcreature: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by victorazy(m): 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2016
So Elder Njubuigbo later died! Kai! s
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Rastamann: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2016
Why don't you guys let the dead rest and not disturb the living with the dead?
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Ahmed99: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
brainy4oli:
Where do we go from here? What do we do next? Do we sit and ponder what is the next surprise in this life, if death really is? Or do we try to decipher certain mysteries in life? But perhaps we may only, and best possibly accept certain things in life. That life is life: it will never be a paradise. "Life is short and full of troubles", even the Bible says.
As much as we may distaste it, the truth is that we are all gonna die someday. At a time t, you will be the next to go. We all pray for long life, and I encourage everyone to do so -not to say that short life is a curse- but not everyone will live a long life, or get to the fantasy age where your children, grand children and great grand children surround you on your death bed.
My prior thinking was that certain people including myself were too special to die suddenly or unexpectedly or untimely. But I'm happy I'm wiser now. None is too special. People who have passed on untimely; trust me, you are really not more special than they were. It is just a matter of -should I say- grace or the opportunity to live longer. No matter your level of righteousness, benevolence or spirituality, when it's the said time to die, these attributes will not prevent fate.

There comes the question: what is the determinant of long life of a person? What criteria or manner of living (whether religious, social, health-wise) should be in place, for one to live long? I don't have the right answer. But if I was to attempt at answering that, I would say none. You don't have any particular way or style of life that guarantees you 100 percent long life and old age. In addition, you need not fear whether you are compromising "certain standards" and so you won't live long. All you need to do is just to live your life; maximise the time you have on earth. Try to be happy, enjoy life to the best of your ability. Be good to people, forgive; even when hurt show love like you've never been hurt.

The earlier we take death as part of normal occurrences in our lives' experiences, the better. We are to mourn when there is need, and to miss our departed loved ones, but these unpalatable experiences are things that cannot be removed from life.

We should shift focus from the longevity of a person's life to the impact of the person's life to others. Even Jesus didn't have to live a hundred years to generate the impact he still has in this world. 33 years was all that was needed.

My beloved, I really express condolence to the loved ones of those departed.
all dis epistle and no like HA, YE Ayaf dye lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by SIRKOL(m): 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
may God help me and you reading this post to complete 2016 and see 2017 and beyond. May we not be cut short b4 getting to the top. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by LEOSIRSIR(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
no ONE is getting out of this life ALIVE embarassed
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by HQuadreal: 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
Rip to the dead ones.
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Silentscreamer(f): 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
All i can say is valar morghulis

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Exponental(m): 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Others... dem no get pix?
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
Ahmed99:
all did epistle and no like Ayaf dye lol

Don't worry, the likes are coming.
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
Firefire:
My beloved mother also died few days ago...

RIP mother of all. cry

Condolences....

God Bless their legacies Amen

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by johndavid1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chai so that Agwo turu mbe man dun die. 90% of his movie roles were native doctor. oya now amadi oha dun take him faithful servant. may their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by seunlly(m): 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
embarassed
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
May their souls rest in perfect peace
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Firefire(m): 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
solasoulmusic:

Condolences....

God Bless their legacies Amen

Thank you sister. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by Klaasicworks(m): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
The guy steal my article
Re: Top 8 Nollywood Stars That Died In 2016 by celebgists(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

REST IN VAHALA

FLY SAVE!!

Lol too much mad max

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Protesting In 2010 With Dele Momodu, Charly Boy.Throwback / Gucci Master Hush Puppi Slays In Gucci Suit / Blac Chyna In A Fight With A Lady In Abuja Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.