Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic (3181 Views)

Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by modaink333: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2016
There are many things about the Catholic Church, which have remained surprising both to Catholics and more especially to Non-Catholics. A further research about this oldest Church in Christendom will leave you with these discoveries:
1. Catholic Church records the greatest number of miracles more than any other Christian denomination in the world, and most of these miracles take place within the Mass. They believe in the Real presence, and therefore Jesus Christ takes flesh in their consecrated host and wine, and never leaves anymore. This continued presence of Jesus in the consecrated Hosts forms the secret behind most of the miracles in the Catholic Churches.
2. They are the only Church who saw the apostles. And therefore did not only inherit the Bible, but also the Sacred Traditions of the Apostles. This implies that the first chapters in the history of Catholic Church began in the bible, with St Peter as the first Pope, and the first Council held in Jerusalem as Council.
3. However, 99% of the key Christian ceremonies were observed according to the Catholic calendar (Easter, Christmas, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, etc).
4. What makes any Church a Christian denomination is the belief in the dogma of the Trinity (Three Persons in one God). However, this dogma was defined by Catholic Church at the Council of Nicaea in 325 and concluded in the Council of Constantinople in 381.
5. Catholic Church has the fastest ways of reaching out to God, through the sacraments, through the intercession of Mary and the saints, and a direct access to God in his fullness.
6. A great number of people, who criticize the Catholic Church for honoring Mary, still believes in her and pray through her in the secret.

9 Likes

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by sekundosekundo: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2016
Peter was never a Pope let alone a Catholic. Stop spreading lies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Kondomatic(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2016
They are the only Church who saw the apostles. And therefore did not only inherit the Bible, but also the Sacred Traditions of the Apostles. This implies that the first chapters in the history of Catholic Church began in the bible, with St Peter as the first Pope, and the first Council held in Jerusalem as Council.

5. Catholic Church has the fastest ways of reaching out to God, through the sacraments, through the intercession of Mary and the saints, and a direct access to God in his fullness.

6. A great number of people, who criticize the Catholic Church for honoring Mary, still believes in her and pray through her in the secret.

After reading these three lies, I can now categorically tell you that Lai Mohammed was either a catholic before or he learnt to lie from an ancient catholic priest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by HQuadreal: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2016
Hmm hmm clear throat.
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by menxer: 8:47am On Dec 18, 2016
Hope we can critique this your summation without consequences? grin

1) Jesus Takes flesh in the consecrated host, meaning catholics are cannibals, right? If he never leaves why repeat the flesh eating at every mass?

2)" They are the only Church who saw the apostles. And therefore did not only inherit the Bible, but also the Sacred Traditions of the Apostles".
Meaning the Roman Catholic was there before the apostles as Roman pagan Church only rechristened to reflect a few new doctrines or modifications.

3)the Council of Nicea was to streamline the new doctrines to suit the pagan emperor's belief and consolidate his power base.

4) the "trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible, it is an adaptation of the Jewish Zohar's Aba, Ima, Zon.

5) this is fallacious.

6) Mary worship is a direct carry over of Ishtar, Isis, Gaia, and other Female God consort worship. Christianity doesnt even accept the female aspect of God.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by easymancfc(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
The level of ignorance of history is appalling, some people think Christianity stopped in acts 28 and resumed with their Pastor in the 20th or 21th century...

Concerning the Cannibals statements:
the Bible states clearly in Mathew, mark and Luke that Jesus said "this is my body" "this is my blood", in John 6 he says to eat his flesh and drink his blood Even though people left him for it he didn't call them back to say it was a symbol.. Paul talks about same in 1 cor 10 and 11. If you don't believe then it is you are calling Jesus a liar or saying he didn't mean what he said.

On being around in during the apostles time, Yes indeed, No other Christian religion was in existence then, definitely not these Nigerian Churches.

On the Trinity, iYou obviously don't know history and scripture if you think it was for a pagan emperor it was done but rather to settle the issue of Christ's divinity .. Go and study about Arias and the Arian Heresy and the Council of Nicea

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by easymancfc(m): 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
on Peter being pope or not, it was clear that Peter had a Primary in the early Church, He was the leader, interpret as what you want.. the Bible is clear on that
Matthew 16:19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of
Heaven: whatever you bind on earth will be
bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on earth
will be loosed. in Heaven.
Mark 6:7
Angel sent to announce the Resurrection to
Peter.
Luke 22:32
Peter's faith will strengthen his brethren.
Note: The word you [I have prayed for
you.]
The Greek is in the personal tense, not
the plural like:
All you Apostles .
Luke 24:34
Risen Jesus first appeared to Peter.
John 21:17
Given Christ's flock as chief shepherd.
Acts 1:13-26
Peter headed meeting which elected Matthias to
replace Judas.
Acts 2:14
Peter received the first converts.
Acts 3:6-7
Peter performed the first miracle after
Pentecost.
Acts 5:1-11
Peter's words inflict deadly punishment on
Ananias and Saphira.
Acts 8:21
Peter excommunicated the first heretic, Simon
Magnus.
Acts 10:44-46
Peter received a revelation to admit the Gentles
into the Church.
Acts 15
Peter Lead the first Catholic council in
Jerusalem.
Acts 15:7-12
Peter spoke saying: "My brothers, he said, ....
But we believe that we are saved in the same
way as they are: through the grace of the Lord
Jesus." The entire assembly fell silent, and they
listened to Barnabas and Paul describing all the
signs and wonders God had worked through them
among the gentiles."
Peter pronounces the first dogmatic decision.
Galatians 1:18
After his conversion, Paul visits the chief
Apostle.
Matthew 10:1-4 , Mark 3:16-19 , Luke 6:14-16 ,
Acts 1:13
Peter's name always heads the list of Apostles.
Matthew 18:21 , Mark 8:29 , Luke 12:41 , John 6:69
Peter spoke for the Apostles.
Luke 9:32 , Mark 16:7
Peter and his companions

4 Likes

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
I wish I could talk about Catholicism, but it's not a topic for grossly ignorant people. This is a very sensitive topic that one can only talk about with people who have an in-depth knowledge of history (not distorted history) and the Bible. It is not an issue for sentimental people, people who only know what they have been told.

OP, let me give you an assignment, go and do a research on the 'real' history of the Roman Catholic.

Go also and seek to know why core Christians do not categorize the Roman Catholic under Christianity, but under occult.

Let your faith be in Jesus Christ and the Bible, not on what you have been told or what you think you know?

Now, let me ask one or two questions;
1. Do you know that after giving birth to Jesus, Mary gave birth to other children and didn't die a virging as Catholics believe?

Matthew 13:53
53 And when Jesus had finished these parables, he went away from there, 54 and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? 55 Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” 57 And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.” 58 And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.

2. Why do does the Roman Catholic Church go against one of the 10 commandments as contained in Exodus 20?

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:
I wish I could talk about Catholicism, but it's not a topic for grossly ignorant people. This is a very sensitive topic that one can only talk about with people who have an in-depth knowledge of history (not distorted history) and the Bible. It is not an issue for sentimental people, people who only know what they have been told.

OP, let me give you an assignment, go and do a research on the 'real' history of the Roman Catholic.

Go also and seek to know why core Christians do not categorize the Roman Catholic under Christianity, but under occult.

Let your faith be in Jesus Christ and the Bible, not on what you have been told or what you think you know?

Now, let me ask one or two questions;
1. Do you know that after giving birth to Jesus, Mary gave birth to other children and didn't die a virging as Catholics believe?

Matthew 13:53
53 And when Jesus had finished these parables, he went away from there, 54 and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? 55 Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” 57 And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.” 58 And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.

2. Why do does the Roman Catholic Church go against one of the 10 commandments as contained in Exodus 20?

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

Hey, do you know that you are quoting a book compiled by the Catholic Church?

I thought you just implied that it's a cult, why quote the book of cultists? Quote another book

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by peacesamuel94(m): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
No 6 is a blatant lie.
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Pidgin2:

I thought you just implied that it's a cult, why quote the book of cultists? Quote another book

Lol...
Dearie, I don't wanna do this. Or maybe you can help the op answer the questions I asked.

Please, always make a distinction between the 'Catholic' and the 'Roman Catholic'. They're quite different.
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by easymancfc(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
The answer to Mathew 13:53 is 14 chapters later in mat 27:55 and Mark 15:47
Mathew 27:55 There were many women there, looking on from a distance, who had followed Jesus from Galilee and helped him. 56 Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the wife of Zebedee.

Note that the Mother of James and Joses (Joseph) two of the "brothers" of the Lord is not the Lord's Mother or as seen in John John 19: 25 Standing close to Jesus' cross were his mother, his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.
So there's a problem with drawing conclusions from mat 13 about the Lord's brothers when their mother is mentioned and she is not the Lord's
Mother

Concerning Exodus 20 the real message there is don't worship other gods or idols not an explicit ban on images because five chapters later in Exodus 25 and other verses God commands making images

Exodus 25:18 Make two winged creatures of hammered gold, 19 one for each end of the lid. Make them so that they form one piece with the lid.

Numbers 21:8 Then the Lord told Moses to make a metal snake and put it on a pole, so that anyone who was bitten could look at it and be healed. 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it on a pole. Anyone who had been bitten would look at the bronze snake and be healed.

God also commanded images in the building of the temple by Solomon in 1 kings.

1 kings 6:23 Two winged creatures were made of olive wood and placed in the Most Holy Place, each one 15 feet tall...
Notice these IMAGES were placed in the MOST HOLY PLACE
29 The walls of the main room and of the inner room were all decorated with carved figures of winged creatures, palm trees, and flowers. 30 Even the floor was covered with gold.

31 A double door made of olive wood was set in place at the entrance of the Most Holy Place; the top of the doorway was a pointed arch. 32 The doors were decorated with carved figures of winged creatures, palm trees, and flowers. The doors, the winged creatures, and the palm trees were covered with gold.

The use of images is not evil. It is making them out to be gods that God hates

I'm curious to know the "real history" you know because from my experience anti Catholics usually give a poor and iased historical account of Catholicism because of ignorance or hate. In your citations please use unbiased links like Wikipedia
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 1:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
i also want to hear d history of the cult
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Lol...
Dearie, I don't wanna do this. Or maybe you can help the op answer the questions I asked.

Please, always make a distinction between the 'Catholic' and the 'Roman Catholic'. They're quite different.
Roman catholic is just a subset of Catholic, and both name may sometimes b used interchangebly, abi u get another distintion

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by An2elect2(f): 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
Pidgin2:

You compiled a book you dont believe in?

The last book you would consult?

Any man who is sincere can identify a book authored by God. Not hard to discern at all

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by easymancfc(m): 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
That's another error, who told you Catholics don't believe in the Bible, They just don't believe in Bible Alone because the Bible itself never teaches that
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by DoctorAlien(m): 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
I rebuke this six-point write-up filled with lies 100%.

1. The Catholic Mass is an evil ritual. It does not resemble even remotely the Holy Communion which Christ instituted, neither is it a Christian practice. They claim to re-offer Jesus Christ each time they do their masss. What blasphemy! How can Jesus be present where they blaspheme Him daily? How can Jesus stay in a place where licentious and perverted priests who molest little children still claim the power to "forgive sins"?

2. The Catholic church only came into existence when the evil spirit of Simon Magus(who sought to buy the power of the Holy Spirit with money) found its way into the early church. Satan, working through deceptions, promoted struggle for power between the early bishops. The Bishop of Rome, through unholy alliances with the pagan rulers, achieved primacy over the churches then: pagan Roman emperor actually helped to institute the papacy(the line of Roman Bishops). You can read about pope Silvester and emperor Constantine.
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by DoctorAlien(m): 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by TheArchangel(f): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:
I rebuke this six-point write-up filled with lies 100%.

1. The Catholic Mass is an evil ritual. It does not resemble even remotely the Holy Communion which Christ instituted, neither is it a Christian practice. They claim to re-offer Jesus Christ each time they do their masss. What blasphemy! How can Jesus be present where they blaspheme Him daily? How can Jesus stay in a place where licentious and perverted priests who molest little children still claim the power to "forgive sins"?

2. The Catholic church only came into existence when the evil spirit of Simon Magus(who sought to buy the power of the Holy Spirit with money) found its way into the early church. Satan, working through deceptions, promoted struggle for power between the early bishops. The Bishop of Rome, through unholy alliances with the pagan rulers, achieved primacy over the churches then: pagan Roman emperor actually helped to institute the papacy(the line of Roman Bishops). You can read about pope Silvester and emperor Constantine.
Now we have to draw the curtain here.
embarassed

I have seen sh!ts but this is an astronomical sh!t.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by DoctorAlien(m): 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
3. Of course, the evil influence of roman catholicism has reached unto the ends of the world. It dominated and held in bondage the whole world during the dark ages, through much bloodshed and coercion. The Roman Catholic church is a purely pagan organization masquerading as a Christian church. Is it a surprise that the catholic church does not look anything like the early church described in the Bible?

You can read about the pagan practices of the Roman Catholic organization here.
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by DoctorAlien(m): 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
Touching the nature of GOD and the relationship between the Three, I honestly agree that I'm not yet in the know(I'm still searching the Scriptures). However, I reject the roman catholic doctrine of trinity. I encourage everyone to read and believe only the things found in the Bible(preferebly KJV).
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by easymancfc(m): 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2016
There was a Church already and a papacy before Pope Sylvester and Constantine...
Read about the Church Father's of the First and Second Century... Ignatius of Antioch, Clement of Rome, Justin martyr who were there before the 300s when Constantine came around
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by easymancfc(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
On Catholic Priest, Yes you have bad priest who molested children and thank God that has been sorted out, You can't tell me that all Pastors are Saints, we have heard of Pastor ritualistic, adulterers, and even molesters like you accuse the priests, take out the log from your eye before you try to remove the stick in another's. Pastors or priests they are all men and can fall into sin...

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by easymancfc(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
On the mass been a ritual, that's just silly and ignorant... Every Church has a pattern of worship "ritual" if you like.. For you.. You come to Church, you pray, you sing, you preach, that's your ritual....
The Catholic believes and takes Jesus at his word at the last supper, "this is my body" this is my blood ". He did the same in John 6 and didn't call anyone back when they talked about cannibalism.. Paul echoes Christ in 1 cor 10 and 11. If you choose to call it symbolic then OYO is your case

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by easymancfc(m): 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
on Pagan Practices, your link is filled with bias anti Catholic rhetoric... I won't ask the truth about Itsekiris from ijaw or about ife from modakeke... Give me unbiased sources

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
An2elect2:
You compiled a book you dont believe in?

The last book you would consult?

Any man who is sincere can identify a book authored by God. Not hard to discern at all
The church doesnt teach what she teaches because it is in the bible, rather it is in the bible because it has always been believed and taught by d church. unfortunately u protestants enjoy misinterpreting scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by DoctorAlien(m): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ubenedictus:
have u read d writting of d early christians?

As far as I know, the writings of the true early Christians are in complete harmony with the Bible.

The true early Christians can't be saying one thing, while GOD is saying another thing in the Bible.

That is crytal clear!
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
DoctorAlien:

As far as I know, the writings of the true early Christians are in complete harmony with the Bible.

The true early Christians can't be saying one thing, while GOD is saying another thing in the Bible.

That is crytal clear!
Nobody is debating dat point, my question is simple, have u read d writting of the early christians?
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Obembem: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
chai
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by DoctorAlien(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Nobody is debating dat point, my question is simple, have u read d writting of the early christians?

Early Christians like who?
Re: Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Early Christians like who?
so u dont even know who d early christians are?
i guess that means u havent read d people u are talking about.

i'll give u one example, ignatius of antioch.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

God,Humans And AI / Euphrates Dried Up And Now Earthquake In Turkey . The End Is Here / Did Christ Also Die For The Black Africans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.