Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,583 members, 7,955,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

A Verse Coming Directly From God's Mouth Is Required For Any Divine Book - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Verse Coming Directly From God's Mouth Is Required For Any Divine Book (433 Views)

A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God / Hot 20 Prayer Points For Divine Mercy And Favour You Should Know / Misconception About A Verse In The Qur'an By Those Who Claim To Be Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Verse Coming Directly From God's Mouth Is Required For Any Divine Book by Abdulgaffar22: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2016
The fact that a friend of yours simply told you “I AM NOT LYING" is not enough to prove that he has actually spoken the truth about the matter he was telling you. What if the statement “I AM NOT LYING” is another lie by itself? Of course, this principle also applies to 2nd Timothy 3:16, 2nd peter 1:21 and any other verse used by Christians to claim divine origin for the entire Bible. The fact that these verses declare that the Bible writers were inspired by God and guided by the holy spirit are not enough to prove that the entire Bible is word of God because these verses themselves also require their own external evidence to prove their divinity; just like the statement “I AM NOT LYING” require its own external evidence to prove that this very statement itself is not another lie by itself. The only exception to this principle is when we have a verse COMING DIRECTLY from God's mouth. This kind of verse where God would be speaking to us directly using the first person pronouns like " I, ME,MY, WE, US etc" does not require any external evidence to establish its divine origin because God of truth would never allow a deliberate liar to impersonate Him ( Jeremiah 28:1-17, Psalm 101:7) just like a truthful man would never allow his friend-talk less of his enemy-to impersonate him. Therefore, the statements like "All scripture is given by inspiration of God (2nd Timothy 3:16)", “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they moved by the holy spirit (2nd Peter 1:21)” and the likes cannot be used to establish the divine origin of any book because they are not coming directly from God's mouth. However, the statements like " All scripture in the Bible is given by inspiration from Me”. These holy men were moved by My spirit to speak what is written inside this Bible” and the likes can be used to establish divine origin of all the books in the Bible because they are sufficient to prove their divine origin. However, such a direct statement coming from God’s mouth establishing the divine origin for the entire Bible is nowhere to be found inside the Bible. Even the word “BIBLE” cannot be found within the Bible; talk less of a verse coming directly from God’s mouth which would establish the divine origin for the entire Bible. Therefore, Bible still maintains its identity as being the word of God mixed together with the word of men; there are some verses which came directly from God’s mouth and yet there are some verses which came directly from men. But does the same thing apply to the Qur’an? Certainly not! Beside the fact that Qur’an make reference to its self (i:e the word “Qur’an” is found in the Qur’an) in more than seventy times in places like Qur’an 17:88, 10:37, 38:1, 47:24, 36:2, 50:1, 59:21 etc; there are also many verses coming directly from God’s mouth which establish the divine origin for the entire book. Examples of such verses are as follows: This is the revelation sent down from the Lord of the worlds. If he (Muhammad-pbuh) had forged a false saying concerning Us, We surely should have seized him by right hand. And then We certainly should have cut off his life artery.(Qur’an 69:43-46) “O children of Israel! Remember My favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My Signs for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone(Qur’an 2:40-41). We have not sent down the Qur’an unto you(O Muhammad-pbuh) to cause you distress. But only as a reminder to those who fear God. A revelation from Him who created the earth and the high heavens(Qur’an 20:2-3).You can see that pronouns like “Us, We, MY, I, Me” are first person pronouns which can only be referred to God contextually. Other examples of similar verses can be found in Qur'an 15:9, 12:2-3, 21:10.50, 35:31-32, 17:105-106 16:101-103, 6:92 etc. However, such direct verses from God’s mouth establishing divine origin for the whole of the Bible cannot be found inside the Bible.
Re: A Verse Coming Directly From God's Mouth Is Required For Any Divine Book by Wilgrea7(m): 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
Abdulgaffar22:
The fact that a friend of yours
simply told you “I AM NOT LYING" is not enough to prove that he has
actually spoken the truth about the matter he was telling you. What if the
statement “I AM NOT LYING” is another lie by itself? Of course, this
principle also applies to 2nd Timothy 3:16, 2nd peter 1:21 and any other
verse used by Christians to claim divine origin for the entire Bible. The
fact that these verses declare that the Bible writers were inspired by God
and guided by the holy spirit are not enough to prove that the entire Bible
is word of God because these verses themselves also require their own
external evidence to prove their divinity; just like the statement “I AM
NOT LYING” require its own external evidence to prove that this very
statement itself is not another lie by itself. The only exception to this
principle is when we have a verse COMING DIRECTLY from God's mouth. This
kind of verse where God would be speaking to us directly using the first
person pronouns like " I, ME,MY, WE, US etc" does not require any external
evidence to establish its divine origin because God of truth would never
allow a deliberate liar to impersonate Him ( Jeremiah 28:1-17, Psalm 101:7)
just like a truthful man would never allow his friend-talk less of his
enemy-to impersonate him. Therefore, the statements like "All scripture is
given by inspiration of God (2nd Timothy 3:16)", “For the prophecy came not
in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they moved by
the holy spirit (2nd Peter 1:21)” and the likes cannot be used to establish
the divine origin of any book because they are not coming directly from
God's mouth. However, the statements like " All scripture in the Bible is
given by inspiration from Me”. These holy men were moved by My spirit to
speak what is written inside this Bible” and the likes can be used to
establish divine origin of all the books in the Bible because they are
sufficient to prove their divine origin. However, such a direct statement
coming from God’s mouth establishing the divine origin for the entire Bible
is nowhere to be found inside the Bible. Even the word “BIBLE” cannot be
found within the Bible; talk less of a verse coming directly from God’s
mouth which would establish the divine origin for the entire Bible.
Therefore, Bible still maintains its identity as being the word of God
mixed together with the word of men; there are some verses which came
directly from God’s mouth and yet there are some verses which came directly
from men. But does the same thing apply to the Qur’an? Certainly not!
Beside the fact that Qur’an make reference to its self (i:e the word
“Qur’an” is found in the Qur’an) in more than seventy times in places like
Qur’an 17:88, 10:37, 38:1, 47:24, 36:2, 50:1, 59:21 etc; there are also
many verses coming directly from God’s mouth which establish the divine
origin for the entire book. Examples of such verses are as follows: This is
the revelation sent down from the Lord of the worlds. If he (Muhammad-pbuh)
had forged a false saying concerning Us, We surely should have seized him
by right hand. And then We certainly should have cut off his life
artery.(Qur’an 69:43-46) “O children of Israel! Remember My favor which I
bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My
covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent
down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the
first to reject it, nor sell My Signs for a small price; and fear Me, and
Me alone(Qur’an 2:40-41). We have not sent down the Qur’an unto you(O
Muhammad-pbuh) to cause you distress. But only as a reminder to those who
fear God. A revelation from Him who created the earth and the high
heavens(Qur’an 20:2-3).You can see that pronouns like “Us, We, MY, I, Me”
are first person pronouns which can only be referred to God contextually.
Other examples of similar verses can be found in Qur'an 15:9, 12:2-3,
21:10.50, 35:31-32, 17:105-106 16:101-103, 6:92 etc. However, such direct
verses from God’s mouth establishing divine origin for the whole of the
Bible cannot be found inside the Bible.

on what basis do you draw this conclusion?? and who told you the bible doesn't have verses where God is directly speaking?? this is just proof that you haven't read the bible
Re: A Verse Coming Directly From God's Mouth Is Required For Any Divine Book by Abdulgaffar22: 9:05am On Dec 19, 2016
You are yet to get my point. I did not say there are no verses in the Bible coming directly from God's mouth. My point is that there is no a single verse in the Bible coming directly from God's mouth THAT ESTABLISH DIVINE ORIGIN for all the books in the Bible. For example, there are no verses like "All these people were led by My spirit to write all the books in the Bible" or "The books in the Bible is given by inspiration from Me". The reason why such a verse is important and necessary is that Bible is not a single book like Quran but a collection of books written by different authors. Therefore, if all the books in the entire Bible are the final books God intended to guide the whole of humanity till the last day,there is need for a verse directly from God's mouth uniting all these books together as one entity and also establishing divine origin for such an entity. But there is no such a verse in the Bible. However, Qur'an have such a verse coming directly from God's mouth uniting all the chapters in the book as one Qur'an e.g God Almighty says WE HAVE NOT SENT DOWN QUR'AN TO YOU(O MUHAMMAD-pbuh) TO CAUSE YOU DISTRESS. BUT ONLY AS A REMINDER TO THOSE WHO FEAR GOD. A REVELATION FROM HIM WHO CREATED THE EARTH AND THE HIGH HEAVENS (QUR'AN 20:2-3). See how the word Qur'an is mentioned in the Qur'an: In this way all the chapters in the Qur'an are united as one . Again see how the first person pronoun "We" in the verse can only be referred to God contextually: which implies that entire Qur'an originate from God. There is no such verse in the Bible coming directly from God's mouth uniting all the books in the Bible together as Bible and also establishing divine origin for such entire Bible. The word "Bible" is not even present in the Bible.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bible Stories (22): Sarah's Death And Related Matters / In The Spirit Of Christmas! / Can A Christian Who Commits Suicide Still Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.