Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,594 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha (675 Views)

Ohakim, You Are The Worse Govt Ever In Imo - Okorocha Reveal / "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out / Zuma Statue: "I Owe No Apology, I Will Erect More Statues In Imo" -okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by KingOvoramwen1(m): 11:31am On Dec 18, 2016
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state, has called on rice producers in the state to assist him in addressing the issue of hunger, as well as the scarcity of the rice product by engaging in local production, as well as making it affordable to the people of the State.

Okorocha made this appeal in Owerri while in a town hall meeting with stakeholders of the Imo state Anchor Borrowers programme, weekend.

The governor who was represented by the Commissioner for Agriculture, Environment and Natural resources, Hon. Udo Agoha warned that the solution to the economic recession was to invest in agriculture. While fielding questions on why the Imo state government has not put enough resources in the Anchor Borrowers programme, he answered, “His Excellency, Rochas Okorocha has approved 10 million for the project.”

He continued, “We are working hard to get involve in agriculture. There is eminent scarcity of food and hence the state has launched the palm to palm programme, back to farm and Imo school programme.” Speaking also, the Coordinator of the Imo state Anchor Borrowers Programme, Mr. Edwin Uche, said that the project was private sector driven and it was targeted to encourage local production, adding that, “It is Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, project to encourage rice farmers.”

He said, “At every stage of this programme, the stakeholders are expected to come together to agree on the various issues that would enable us drive the objectives of the Anchor Borrowers Programme of the Central Bank of Nigeria in Imo state,” adding, that “the is the essence of this town hall meeting.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/hunger-imo-okorocha/

Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by KingOvoramwen1(m): 11:32am On Dec 18, 2016

OKOROHAUSA

Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:36am On Dec 18, 2016
Abagworo is zat kworekt? *in Chino voice* grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by Jayson1: 11:37am On Dec 18, 2016
I see another "spiritual slap" coming. cool

1 Like

Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by DerideGull(m): 11:40am On Dec 18, 2016
If it took this long for the dumbass jackass to realize that rice-growing is the trend in Nigeria now, I must say it confirmed my categorization of him as Okoroawusa.

1 Like

Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by TheEastActivist: 11:45am On Dec 18, 2016
This Edo boy wetyn we do you?
Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by reptile1: 11:48am On Dec 18, 2016
grin grin IMO state is becoming a laughing stock of Igboland....okoroawusa is introducing gradually, Almajiri system of economic sustenance overthere
Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by BornStunner1: 11:59am On Dec 18, 2016
TheEastActivist:
This Edo boy wetyn we do you?

Wetin the guy do you?

Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by TheEastActivist: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
BornStunner1:

Wetin the guy do you?

He knows, even if he doesn't know.
You shouldn't be delving into matters that don't refer to you in any sort that am not aware of.
Stop pokenosing or you end up asking useless questions like the one I quoted.
Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Am really ashamed of my governor. Just fat without brain. God why have u done this to imolites.
Re: Hunger Is Killing People In Imo - Okorocha by cascarino(m): 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
I urge every well meaning Imolites to stop honouring some of the threads and comments here on nairaland. There is a delibrate attempt to keep painting Imo black through media blackmail and propaganda by some envious and mischievous elements for reasons best known to them. It is a truism that there is hunger in the country not just Imo State. That is what the honourable commissioner merely reiterated by saying -there is hunger in the state to encourage people to go into agriculture. But the wicked op decided to rechristen it-" hunger is killing Imolites" just to achieve his malicious goal. It is most disheartening that people from our sister states are the ones championing this campaign of calumny for reasons I am yet to decipher.

(1) (Reply)

"President Buhari Is A Great Beneficiary Of PDP" - Lamido / Retired Permanent Secretary Arrested With 149 Suvs By Efcc In Bayelsa State / PHOTOS: Shettima, Ganduje And Abubakar Arrive Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.