Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

"Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out (35234 Views)

Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years / President Muhammadu Buhari Lands in Borno For APC Presidential Campaign [Photos] / President Buhari Arrives Borno For Nigerian Army Day Celebration(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Angelanest: 10:36am On Mar 05, 2018
A Nigerian soldier who has been in the northeast region for two years now - has called on the army authorities to consider and rotate soldiers due to increasing rate of deaths of troops. According to him, overstay of gallant soldiers in the region - makes their morale weak in the battlefield.

The soldier urged the army authorities to give their deployment to the northeast a duration so that fresh hands can come and fight against Boko Haram insurgents.

The plea was shared online by the Nigerian Army Depot in Zaria, Kaduna state. Read below;

Morning admin, with heavy heart and grieve in my heart I am writing to you for assistance. I am in north east ( Borno State). This is my two years in this operation and what I experience on first of march this year since my two years in this operation I have never seen it.

For I know in war front care is prerequisite but this one that happened make me thinking because I realize the cause of the rampart death is overstay of soldiers in north east.

This is what I observed in the front line, It makes the morale of troops weak in the battle field, the strength to fight terrorist is lost and the hope is gone. For I am saying this due to my experience, for I can remembered when we first come the moral of troops was so strong that we do pushed this people without fear or thinking behind but as time goes on that's how tidiness started,

No morale, men become weak and that's the beginning of our problem in the battlefield.

Please my short plead is that let Nigerian Army make this operation just like other operation where soldiers are been rotated, at least let there be a rotation even if it take one three times to come.

I wish this my cry go far to reach the right destination. Please let the operation have duration please overstay is killing us. Thanks admin for your effort towards my cry!!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/nigerian-soldier-laments-following-overstay-of-troops-in-the-northeast.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by mexxmoney: 11:04am On Mar 05, 2018
Why is this Python complaining? Abeg sharrap and dance!!

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by ultron12345: 11:49am On Mar 05, 2018
what sort if rubbish is that. They should remain there, when government was was suffering doctors by owing their salary did u complain

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by CaptainStephen(m): 11:58am On Mar 05, 2018
Hang on buddy, The lord will continue to shield you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by ogaJona(m): 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
I pity this soldiers dying for this fight, the northern elders are the ones sabotaging the fight, most of the senators, northern elders and army generals are sympathetic to bk haram

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Ezptymsonyx1: 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
chai...nawa o
Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Promismike(m): 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
Is this cesspit worth dying for!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by blaise00700(m): 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
Soldiers going to war with selfie stick angry

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by JideAmuGiaka: 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
Buhari and Burutanshi are on a mission to kill all the Southern soldiers in the name of fighting Boko Haram but come to SE, you'll see Hausa soldiers in every roadblock.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by SouthSouth1914: 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
You guys are just pawns!! The real soldiers are the ones in aso villa who are swallowing all the billions of USD budgeted for the fight against insurgency!!

Hundreds of boko haram fighters are released on a daily basis by the present government, and yet they want us to believe that they are not the sponsors?

Nigeria is built on a faulty foundation and nothing good will come out of it. You all can quote me, but this is the simple truth!!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Charly68: 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
God is working in the affairs of the nation,if not for this war our military would have interfered in democratic governance ,but somehow the war has kept them busy and focussed in their profession...

2 Likes

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by passyhansome(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Will you keep kwayet and fight, who force you join Army, stay strong and alive till retirement. Bye Dear

28 Likes

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by obembet(f): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Checked86:
Stay there and dance every animal dances available.

This is what happen when animal leave with human... Dog

3 Likes

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by phreakabit(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
You talk true, you are in trouble.
Court martial loading.....

1 Like

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by musaezzy: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Old age wrinkles d body
Quiting wringlez the heart.
Neva quit....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by obembet(f): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
ultron12345:
what sort if rubbish is that. They should remain there, when government was was suffering doctors by owing their salary did u complain

How I wish your father or brother is among them

Cow

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Checked86: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Stay there and dance every animal dance available.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by 900warriorz: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
And there's someone somewhere forming 900warriorz that cannot even kill fly
Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by NwaAmaikpe: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
shocked
Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by ekems2017(f): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Oh I feel like crying. I can feel your pain. It's not easy. God will protect you and others. Your cry is heard in Jesus name. Amen.

10 Likes

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by jaxxy(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nothing as tiring as fighting an endless war with little or no intelligence or support

10 Likes

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Rickyzagy: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Please remind me the name of the military operation in the northeast
Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Promismike(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Is this cesspit worth dying for!!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
ultron12345:
u be big idiot and a scum

6 Likes

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by 12345baba(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Resign nah
Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by tivta(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
python cry lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by Uzr1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
Mbok, is dat our flag up there?
Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by JideAmuGiaka: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
Charly68:
God is working in the affairs of the nation,if not for this war our military would have interfered in democratic governance ,but somehow the war has kept them busy and focussed in their profession...

Shut up and stop dragging God to the failure of your government.

4 Likes

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by FarahAideed: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
No battle front tour of duty should exceed 6 months at most before a rotation..The problem in Nigerian military is that the sons of rich and influential Nigerians are deliberately shielded from battle front tours by sending them on endless courses , diplomatic attache assignment , Admin duty roles under joint services and many other gimmicks used to dodge the battle front and these leaves the children of average and poor NIgerians to keep prolonged stay of years deployed in a battle theatre which finally breaks down the soldier.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by troydbos: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
nawa o
Re: "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out by omooba969(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days / 1500 Cows Killed In Air Strike In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.