Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,182 members, 7,835,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? (6255 Views)

Chris Giwa Brings Keshi Back As Supereagles Coach, Sacks Amodu / Breaking News: Keshi, Yobo Quit Supereagles / The Most Dangerous "M"s In The Supereagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2009
someone should please tell ikeyman00 that children are not allowed to comment on these forums, if he cant say anything constructive he should take his immature butt somewhere else.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^

well only a fool like u do way with risk assessment

need i say more

next they tel us Fashola accrued billions in tax without pointin out how the money is being spent cool cool

my friend amodu has to go

good bye

immature or not; we dnt need a banner

the earlier the better

all those lethal anaylist ; one word; yall aiding in killing the country in a mature way

but hey rememberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr god dnt like ugly

the ball is still in your court; well for now hahha
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

Amodu also coached Nigeria after Atlanta, it was obvious he was incompetent and he was replaced with phillipe troussier who unfortunately was no better than him. You want facts, all you have to do is watch one of our matches. we have won most of them, yes. but were u satisfied with any of these wins. its obvious to anybody that we just have one tactic: play the long ball and pray for luck. have you seen siasia's boys? even though they lose their matches, i stil get entertained, i marvel at the technical abilities of the coach, the way they pass the ball,somewhat reminiscent of arsene wengers arsenal. i wish our super eagles would play like that. some people have refused to face facts, instead they resort to calling those who are ready to point out the inadequacies of our team "Amodu Bashers".

You have not yet answered my question here:

Sagamite:

So now you are blaming Amodu for the then NFA's announcement, a day before a crucial SF match against Senegal, that they were not going to refund the players travel cost?

Second question: Are you saying 12 games, 9 wins, 9 clean sheets, 3 draws, No game lost, 20 goals scored, 5 goals conceded in 12 games was all luck?

And YOU are talking about seeing facts?
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Tcrack(m): 11:33am On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

Did Kenya play like a distraught team?

Your likes are the ones screaming he could not beat Mozambique, did Tunisia not lose to mozambique when it even mattered the most (and they had ONLY ONE shot on goal).

12 games, 9 wins, 9 clean sheets, 3 draws, No game lost, 20 goals scored, 5 goals conceded in 12 games and a WC ticket is not horrible by my standards.

FACT: No other team IN AFRICA has a better qualifying statistics bar goals scored/conceded statistics. NO OTHER TEAM.

Even Brazil has a worse qualifying record for WC 2010 to this.

The draw with Mozambique made us unnecessarily condemn Amodu and put pressure on his team despite having being magnificent in the first 6 games (although some fools were condemning him even then).

Second time he is qualifying us for a WC.

[b]Football is a game of results.[/b]it dose not matter how you get it, what matters is that you get it.all of you calling for amodus sack were the same ones call for Onigbinde in 2002, he gave us our worst outing ever  in the world cup.the same people were the ones calling for Berti Vogts, that man gave us our worst nations cup result  in recent history. Now this same people are looking for another oyinbo coach.why are we Nigerians always looking for short cuts?
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2009
@@@@@@

luck or not;

goaless away match; how many times nigerian goal post was hit

answer?

how many times kenya had the chance to kill the game in abuja shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked would u be still talkin so ehuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

hey we might consult Joshua in this one abi lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

at what time did eagles got their led against mosambique in abuja 93 min abi

how come qualifing has to be decided on match tunis vs kenya ehuuuuu

it not like we played our way up like most countries out there

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed answer then we shall know

yes football is a game of result!! hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tell the english FA that hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh; game of result abi hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh plzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 11:37am On Nov 19, 2009
So now you are blaming Amodu for the then NFA's announcement, a day before a crucial SF match against Senegal, that they were not going to refund the players travel cost?

coaches are paid to get results. the fact that they weren't going to be refunded shouldn't have been an issue. Infact its the job of the coach to ensure that all His players needs are met. and so, that was just another clear example of his ineptitude. look at Keshi, he was willing to risk his job as the coach of togo in order to ensure his players allowances were paid.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Tcrack(m): 11:39am On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

Amodu also coached Nigeria after Atlanta, it was obvious he was incompetent and[b] he was replaced with phillipe troussier who unfortunately was no better than him.[/b] You want facts, all you have to do is watch one of our matches. we have won most of them, yes. but were u satisfied with any of these wins. its obvious to anybody that we just have one tactic: play the long ball and pray for luck. have you seen siasia's boys? even though they lose their matches, i stil get entertained, i marvel at the technical abilities of the coach, the way they pass the ball,somewhat reminiscent of arsene wengers arsenal. i wish our super eagles would play like that. some people have refused to face facts, instead they resort to calling those who are ready to point out the inadequacies of our team "Amodu Bashers".
listen to yourself.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by youngbest(m): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

Which better coach?

Please name them?

Please stop giving this lame arguments.

And when he is using Eneramo instead of Martins and everyone is screaming, he does not have a mind of his own?

And when he uses Sodje & Adeleye and Tunisia bashes us 3-0 at home, what will people like you say?

"Oh, he is mad to select a Div 1 player over a Premiership player that is captain of the club." "How can he use 2 inexperienced players for such an important match."

Please don't let me see you bring this kind of argument here again.

read what you wrote 2 times,
he used the "inexperienced defence" in the first leg against kenya and won 3-0 clean sheet
he used the over experiienced defence with everton's captain (where did u get dis news)
against kenya 2nd leg and we played 3-2
u can clearly see dat sodje and adeleye were better than yobo and nwaneri
the scores and there performance proves it
u asked coaches dat are better than amodu
Coaches better than amodu[color=#006600][/color]
1. John Obuh
2. sia one
3. all premiership coaches
4. all la liga coaches
5. all seria a coaches
6. all bundesliga coaches
7. ghana U-20 coach tetteh
8. rubin kazan coach, dynamo kiev coach
9. ghana national team coach, civ coach, egypt coach
in this list all the coaches there are better than amodu,
pls go and find out who is everton's captain stop misinforming ppl
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
youngbest:

read what you wrote 2 times,
he used the "inexperienced defence" in the first leg against kenya and won 3-0 clean sheet
he used the over experiienced defence with everton's captain (where did u get dis news)
against kenya 2nd leg and we played 3-2
u can clearly see dat sodje and adeleye were better than yobo and nwaneri
the scores and there performance proves it
u asked coaches dat are better than amodu
Coaches better than amodu[color=#006600][/color]
1. John Obuh
2. sia one
3. all premiership coaches
4. all la liga coaches
5. all seria a coaches
6. all bundesliga coaches
7. ghana U-20 coach tetteh
8. rubin kazan coach, dynamo kiev coach
9. ghana national team coach, civ coach, egypt coach
in this list all the coaches there are better than amodu,
pls go and find out who is everton's captain stop misinforming ppl

You are comparing home to away match.

You are thinking football is mathematics.

You are not aware Yobo captained Everton when Neville got injured.

You think a player being loaned out in Div 1/2 is better than a regular in Premiership for years.

You are using coaches playing over-aged players (and fathers, maybe) against mummy's little pet boys to win tournaments as your example.

You are referring to the CIV coach that has EXACTLY the same achievement as Amodu against Mozambique and an inferior qualification record overall (with better players and easier opposition) as your example.

You are throwing blind and stupid generalisation that all coaches in a league are better.

Your intelligence is obviously below a threshold I should be engaging with.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Tcrack(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
@youngbest[b]
ghana national team coach, civ coach, egypt coach
[/b]
you obviously do know what you are talking about.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2009

ouch!
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by honeric01(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
Amazing!!!
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by youngbest(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

You are comparing home to away match.

You are thinking football is mathematics.

You are not aware Yobo captained Everton when Neville got injured.

You think a player being loaned out in Div 1/2 is better than a regular in Premiership for years.

You are using coaches playing over-aged players (and fathers, maybe) against mummy's little pet boys to win tournaments as your example.

You are referring to the CIV coach that has EXACTLY the same achievement as Amodu against Mozambique and an inferior qualification record overall as your example.

You are through blind and stupid generalisation that all coaches in a league are better.

bro am not hear to abuse but to argue lik mature ppl
as in ur points against mine so dats wat i will do
check out civ style of play
its far better than ours
forget stats
open your eyes look at how u guys play
you play without organisation u
why i said obuh is because of the U-17 boys played with
a very nice technique
that was developed by the coach
same with CIV same with all coaches i mentioned
they all have a style of play
amodu doesnt have dat
they just play anyhow
Ben foster is united 3rd choice keeper
but he is keeping for england
thats because he performs better than james
sodje is playing better than yobo
and leeme tell u yobo will kill 2 have sodje composure and experience
and please oooo Yobo is not even everton's vice captain sef
can u remember a time yobo was being called calamity this yr he was reguurlarly benched
he scored an own goal for everton then came to nigeria to do the same,
accept that amodu is lucky and has good players thats all
let himm play brazil or civ u will see who is the better coach,
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
youngbest:

bro am not hear to abuse but to argue lik mature ppl
as in your points against mine so dats wat i will do
check out civ style of play
its far better than ours
forget stats
open your eyes look at how u guys play
you play without organisation u
why i said obuh is because of the U-17 boys played with
a very nice technique
that was developed by the coach
same with CIV same with all coaches i mentioned
they all have a style of play
amodu doesnt have dat
they just play anyhow
Ben foster is united 3rd choice keeper
but he is keeping for england
thats because he performs better than james

sodje is playing better than yobo
and leeme tell u yobo will kill 2 have sodje composure and experience
and please oooo Yobo is not even everton's vice captain sef
can u remember a time yobo was being called calamity this yr he was reguurlarly benched
he scored an own goal for everton then came to nigeria to do the same,
accept that amodu is lucky and has good players thats all
let himm play brazil or civ u will see who is the better coach,

You are a slowpoke!!

I don't debate at this level.

I can spot a slowpoke in an instance because they talk loads of crap without checking the easiest of facts, but yet postulate their crap as fact. And I would not waste my time with such people.

I can pick holes in your arguments in an instant just like the volume I picked in the last one but that would just be a waste of my time.

Check you facts before engaging with anyone interested in debating at your level.

Foster was selected because James was unfit. IDIOT! Foster barely even gets a game before any fool can claim "he performs better". You really think I have the time to be engaging at this level of thinking?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/15/ben-foster-england-manchester-united
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by youngbest(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

You are a slowpoke!!

I don't debate at this level.

I can spot a slowpoke in an instance because they talk loads of crap without checking the easiest of facts, but yet postulate their crap as fact. And I would not waste my time with such people.

I can pick holes in your arguments in an instant just like the volume I picked in the last one but that would just be a waste of my time.

Check you facts before engaging with anyone interested in debating at your level.

Foster was selected because James was unfit. IDIOT! You really think I have the time to be engaging at this level of thinking?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/15/ben-foster-england-manchester-united

man if you choose to behave stupidly let me tell u dis
on naira land dont eva reply my post i wil call u d worst name on earth
and much more
if u are being out weighed in an argument call it quits dont b a bad loser
dont use abuse man its not polite
i wil behave as if i didnt see u abusing me 4 now
but dont call my name YOUNGBEST
and dont quote wateva i said understand,
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2009
sagamite cool down, its just a game so stop hurling insults. it is obvious you are a being of superior intellect who has decided to pity us and grace this forum with his majestic presence even though we are not worthy as to pick the crumbs under your table, let alone engage you in a conversation in which only gods are permitted to comment. fool!
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^
super wetin; abeg ooooooooo hahaa
u are on your own there
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

sagamite cool down, its just a game so stop hurling insults. it is obvious you are a being of superior intellect who has decided to pity us and grace this forum with his majestic presence even though we are not worthy as to pick the crumbs under your table, let alone engage you in a conversation in which only gods are permitted to comment.

Damn right.

I am still awaiting you to answer my questions.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2009
so far the only person makin sense right now is youngbest

others talkin with mouth full of slimy yam ijebu meal haha

at the other hand some people will never accetp the reality

imagine arguing with kolojunkie

ok i get it let amodu go with 15 million people hahhaaa
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by koolchicco: 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

sagamite cool down, its just a game so stop hurling insults. it is obvious you are a being of superior intellect who has decided to pity us and grace this forum with his majestic presence even though we are not worthy as to pick the crumbs under your table, let alone engage you in a conversation in which only gods are permitted to comment. fool!

grin So after all dis sweet mouth a.k.a sarcasm, u still ended by callin him a Fool? Kai NLers una no go kill me ooo! grin
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2009
koolchicco:

[/b]

grin So after all dis sweet mouth a.k.a sarcasm, u still ended by callin him a Fool? Kai NLers una no go kill me ooo! grin

I felt not to respond to that as I know I will get more pleasure cutting him into shreds intellectually.

Youngbest and ikeymann are in the same league, best to ignore them.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
So after all dis sweet mouth a.k.a sarcasm, u still ended by callin him a Fool? Kai NLers una no go kill me ooo! Grin

lol. I had to. Just in case His Majesty is so conceited as to imagine my "sweet mouth" as actual praise.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

lol. I had to. Just in case His Majesty is so conceited as to imagine my "sweet mouth" as actual praise.

Well, my vassal, answer the questions and give his majesty the pleasure of slicing you to shreds. wink
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

coaches are paid to get results. the fact that they weren't going to be refunded shouldn't have been an issue. Infact its the job of the coach to ensure that all His players needs are met. and so, that was just another clear example of his ineptitude. look at Keshi, he was willing to risk his job as the coach of togo in order to ensure his players allowances were paid.

Actually, I just saw this. Missed it earlier.  grin

Now, your "brilliant" self is saying "coaches are paid to get results".  grin grin grin grin grin

Mr "Sharp", so it does not matter that a coach's team's spirit is destroyed before a crucial semi-final game?

What is he suppose to do a day before the match, get a gun to the FA's head or quit the competition?

And your "clever" self that says "coaches are paid to get results" is now recommending the sack of a coach that has got the result.

Do you see what I mean when I say I will cut your inferior reasoning into shreds?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2009

Ianswered your questions eons ago.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Chuks84(m): 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
which result?! As far as i am concerned he hasn't gotten any result and will not get any until the 2010 world cup is concluded. you seem to forget that we were extremely lucky to get the qualification. Had tunisia won, i'm sure you would have been at the fore front of those calling for Amodu's head.
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by honeric01(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
I am getting bored on this thread, someone should please come and prove fact!
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
'But I will advise the Nigerian Coach to work hard on his team's defence if Nigeria hopes to do well in South Africa. Both the central defence and the left back are suspects in today's game which the Nigerian team coach should work on before the start of the World Cup in South Africa.

'I will also advice that the Coach should work on the goalkeeper (Vincent Enyeama) before the World Cup because the two goals he conceded against us should not have been conceded any way if he had been alert and agile to stop the shots,' Muhuyideen told PANA.

http://www.afriquejet.com/news/africa-news/fifa-2010-world-cup:-kenya's-caretaker-coach-raps-nigeria-after-victory-2009111538235.html

http://www.punchng.com/Article2Print.aspx?theartic=Art200911181445728

these are one of the wahala we awlays know under the amoduism; thereso one reason we need people like siasia that aint afraid to take a step; its time people like yobo should be consider second best; bench?? foreign coach wouldnt suit neither

some people should be left out in that team, then i bet u; there will be totally different ball game

and again NFF should watch this

http://www.soccer360.co.uk/austria-vs-spain-live-streaming-online-match-highlights-and-goals-video-international-friendly-football-18-11-09/

im just not down for amala-ewudu disscussion

lets not get bored for the FACT

i think they are quite obvious and massive

now question

should oga amodu have been the present coach in the first place?

since some people pretend to be playin to the decency and moralities
of things
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by youngbest(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

I felt not to respond to that as I know I will get more pleasure cutting him into shreds intellectually.

Youngbest and ikeymann are in the same league, best to ignore them.

bro i told u i was through wit u
pls be through wit me 2 ok, tongue
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by Sagamite(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84:

which result?! As far as i am concerned he hasn't gotten any result and will not get any until the 2010 world cup is concluded. you seem to forget that we were extremely lucky to get the qualification. Had tunisia won, i'm sure you would have been at the fore front of those calling for Amodu's head.

Eh . . . .the result of getting WC ticket?  grin grin grin grin

Are you for real? And you wonder why I look down on your likes?  grin

What if we had won Tunisia? Are we not extremely unlucky not to have not?

And you have not answered this question:

Sagamite:

Mr "Sharp", so it does not matter that a coach's team's spirit is destroyed before a crucial semi-final game?
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by ikeyman00(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
sagamite

the truth can never be ignored!!

history cant take it away either

so bow ur heads and say after me

amodu has go go before end of november
Re: Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? by pie1ect(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chuks84, Ikeyman and the youngbest, you guys are just working on conjecture.

There are no hard facts to prove any points you are making. Firstly youth teams are not the same as the Nigerian Super Eagles. I think it was Eguaveon who was drafted into the Eagles along with your beloved SiaSia. If they performed so well, why were they dumped? John Obuh leads an U17 team to the U17 WC final and already you want him to take over the Super Eagles? How enlightened.

Please, I beg. Someone. . . Anyone, please present hard facts (not flimsy rubbish that can be shot down in a whiff) to support your baseless arguments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

All Africa Games: Adijat Olarinoye Wins 3 Gold Medals For Nigeria / Football Prediction For Today Matches / Arsenal Sign Chezh Republic Mid-fielder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.