Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It (9485 Views)

Depressed Because Of My Yeye K Legs / I'm Depressed Over My Height / My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Ncsamuel(m): 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
Amazing that u survived that long (2007) without taking ur own life. That means u re STRONG! You just dont know it. I have been there before. My only advice is that u have to upgrade ur social life,read books and possibly get a job to avoid being lonely.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by drealj: 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Depression is for weak minded kids

People find excuses or someone to blame for their mishaps

Your parents divorce shouldn't be a cause for depression ?? If you experience what I've gone through, you will not last for 3 days

I have a degree in psychology, conditions doesn't determine your mood or state of mind, your weak mind is responsible for that, if you tell yourself that you will be happy throughout the day, that's what you will get

The solution to your "depression" is

1. Find a boyfriend that will be laying the pipe frequently, sex is a medicine to stress and depression

2. Weed, just hit that shiit one time and you will be sitting all day laughing with your imaginary friends

3. Find a job : a jobless individual is venerable

o boy I still quote u again,u san lori gidigan.
Frustration lead to depression and depression lead to low self esteem.when u ar frustated too much, u won't konow when depression get deep In u.
What she need is a true love from the right guy but not d sharp and bad guy like me unless she is faithful and helpful to me.
2.Make she take kush cos if she take kush she will 100% be mentally disorder like some people wey u go see 4 road wey dey roam around without not having self consciousness I.e to say 50% sane,50% insane.when u smoke weed with a joyful mood with a depressed mind, u joy will be times 2 which is even fake joy.when u take it with sad mind,omo na loss of self conscious be that which is junior brother to madness.
Strong mind is the key.mature mind.always have it in mind that u ar a living being,precious being and give ur self the best in mind.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by jtjohn(m): 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
Justdulla:
Trust me you don't have a problem.. If i put you in ma shoes, am sure you would have committed suicide already. Truth is i try to make maself happy in face of sadness or loss of hope. Try not to be an Introvert, rather be and extrovert. Have friends that you can talk to, trusted friends you can confide in.. Humans were made in pairs, no one is meant to stay or do things alone.. just get a like mind as your friend, have fun, go to events, hang out, visit places, abstain from nairaland, social media et al. cos social media. encloses people, some people make social media their best friend and that in turn kills their social life cos they hardly have real people to talk to...
God bless u with this write up.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
kandiikane:

You should not advise someone with depression starting with the statemement, "trust me you don't have a problem, if you were in my shoes." Your problems aren't worse than hers, you are both two different individuals facing different obstacles in life that is causing a mental health issue for both.
Chairman, you wouldnt understand.. If i actually told you my own problem, you wont even pity her... lets leave it like that... some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food. shebi shes gat good health, depression is her only sickness
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
drealj:
o boy I still quote u again,u san lori gidigan.
Frustration lead to depression and depression lead to low self esteem.when u ar frustated too much, u won't konow when depression get deep In u.
What she need is a true love from the right guy but not d sharp and bad guy like me unless she is faithful and helpful to me.
2.Make she take kush cos if she take kush she will 100% be mentally disorder like some people wey u go see 4 road wey dey roam around without not having self consciousness I.e to say 50% sane,50% insane.when u smoke weed with a joyful mood with a depressed mind, u joy will be times 2 which is even fake joy.when u take it with sad mind,omo na loss of self conscious be that which is junior brother to madness.
Strong mind is the key.mature mind.always have it in mind that u ar a living being,precious being and give ur self the best in mind.

The governor of Oregon smokes weed
Wizkid smokes weed
Rick Ross smokes weed
Yet they're millionaires, are they mentally ill ??
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Omotaday(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
Justdulla:
Trust me you don't have a problem.. If i put you in ma shoes, am sure you would have committed suicide already. Truth is i try to make maself happy in face of sadness or loss of hope. Try not to be an Introvert, rather be and extrovert. Have friends that you can talk to, trusted friends you can confide in.. Humans were made in pairs, no one is meant to stay or do things alone.. just get a like mind as your friend, have fun, go to events, hang out, visit places, abstain from nairaland, social media et al. cos social media. encloses people, some people make social media their best friend and that in turn kills their social life cos they hardly have real people to talk to...
Babe,there must be something bothering or making you think those things. If you don't mind, i could help you(in any way) only if you can share them with me.

NB: I am not trying to woo you or talk about relationship.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by JuicyGee(f): 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
Thanks to every one who contributed.. This is the first time I'm really talking about my condition and its a bit overwhelming.. I don't really have anybody I can talk to.. This is really overwhelming being more aware of it now.. I'll seek help and share my progress with those who really reached out to me here on nairaland.. And to those who think its a Joke, hope when u're in a situation people don't think its a joke.. Cos its really not funny from the other end

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Rhea(f): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yes it is. Most depressed people have no idea that they are depressed because they are leaving in denial or just too depressed to realize it. There are depression screening tool out there for the mildly depressed. The severely depressed ones have even lost their orientation and often need urgent and often radical intervention to lure them out of depression and gradually back to reality.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
JuicyGee:
Thanks to every one who contributed.. This is the first time I'm really talking about my condition and its a bit overwhelming.. I don't really have anybody I can talk to.. This is really overwhelming being more aware of it now.. I'll seek help and share my progress with those who really reached out to me here on nairaland.. And to those who think its a Joke, hope when u're in a situation people don't think its a joke.. Cos its really not funny from the other end

Try this. It might help. Cheers.

https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by whoisuche: 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
JuicyGee:
Uhm.. I think I've been depressed since 2007.. The thing is I don't know if its depression. I mean, can someone be depressed without knowing it for such a long time? I'm really lazy to type right now.. All I can say is I went into a deep sadness in 2007/2008 when my parents divorced. Then I had self esteem probs in through out secondary school.. I enjoy being alone.. Sometimes I wish I was alone in the whole world. This morning I woke up having suicidal thoughts (to me I just think its me messing with my imagination, nothing serious), inflicting pain on myself emotionally and it feels good.. I don't know.. Maybe it isn't depression, maybe I'm having a bad morning, maybe its my period messing with my head. I just think its one of those sad days.. I don't know

The world of God will guide you. (The Bible)

God Bless you.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by K9blunt(f): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Your parents divorce shouldn't be a cause for depression ?? If you experience what I've gone through, you will not last for 3 days

I have a degree in psychology, conditions doesn't determine your mood or state of mind, your weak mind is responsible for that, if you tell yourself that you will be happy throughout the day, that's what you will get

1. Find a boyfriend that will be laying the pipe frequently, sex is a medicine to stress and depression

2. Weed, just hit that shiit one time and you will be sitting all day laughing with your imaginary friends

Your third opinion is so true.... I remember when I was jobless and now I am very scared of being jobless with what I have now because whenever I am not working I will be very vulnerable. Hmn!
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by tohchee96(m): 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I want to hope you're kidding now. ...
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by iphenon: 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
NobleG1:

If you have depression, you'll know it.

Symptoms of Depression.
According to then U.S. National Institute of Mental Health, symptoms of depression may include the following:

- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions.
- Fatigue and decreased energy.
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness.
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism.
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping.
- Irritability, restlessness.
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Overeating or appetite loss.
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment.
- Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings.
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts.
Omg. I've been having classic 90% of these symptoms for quite sometime now. I don't know how I became like this, I used to he one very happy and always smiling fellow.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by kandiikane(m): 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
Justdulla:

Chairman, you wouldnt understand.. If i actually told you my own problem, you wont even pity her... lets leave it like that... some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food. shebi shes gat good health, depression is her only sickness

It is not just about you and what you are going through. My point is, it is not right that you put down her issues and what she is going and see it as trivial just because YOU feel like you are in a worst place than her. You are not in her shoes and she is not in yours so you cannot compare the two. The fact that she has something to eat for example and you don't does not mean you do not share the same mental issues. Depression does not measure who is worse for wear, we aren't comparing who's depression is the worst out of the two as there is not such thing. All you had to do was advise her on how to deal with it since you overcame it or are overcoming it and did not kill yourself.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by kandiikane(m): 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You should go back and study real psychology and from a real institution, not this you learnt from your village goat.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by iphenon: 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
kandiikane:

You should go back and study real psychology and from a real institution, not this you learnt from your village goat.
Are you a psychologist?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by NobleG1(m): 12:49am On Dec 20, 2016
iphenon:
Omg. I've been having classic 90% of these symptoms for quite sometime now. I don't know how I became like this, I used to he one very happy and always smiling fellow.

Please, go see a doctor.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Afam4eva(m): 12:51am On Dec 20, 2016
iphenon:
Go and see a Doctor/Psychiatrist/Psychologist before it gets worse. It does get worse and can make life very difficult.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by Cromagnon: 1:35am On Dec 20, 2016
Man up
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by coolh3ad(m): 3:06am On Dec 20, 2016
JuicyGee:
Uhm.. I think I've been depressed since 2007.. The thing is I don't know if its depression. I mean, can someone be depressed without knowing it for such a long time? I'm really lazy to type right now.. All I can say is I went into a deep sadness in 2007/2008 when my parents divorced. Then I had self esteem probs in through out secondary school.. I enjoy being alone.. Sometimes I wish I was alone in the whole world. This morning I woke up having suicidal thoughts (to me I just think its me messing with my imagination, nothing serious), inflicting pain on myself emotionally and it feels good.. I don't know.. Maybe it isn't depression, maybe I'm having a bad morning, maybe its my period messing with my head. I just think its one of those sad days.. I don't know

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU A THOUSAND REASONS TO CRY AND FEEL DEPRESSED... SHOW LIFE THAT YOU HAVE A MILLION REASONS TO BE HAPPY

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU A THOUSAND REASONS TO GIVE UP... SHOW LIFE THAT YOU HAVE A MILLION REASONS TO TRY AGAIN

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WHEN THERE IS LIFE, THERE IS HOPE...
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by laudate: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You have a degree in psychology??! shocked And this is the kind of advice you gave to someone suffering from depression??!!?? shocked You obviously passed through the psychology dept., but their teachings did not pass through you. Do you know the number of depressed people who have committed suicide due to their state of mind? sad I lost an acquaintance who had suffered from depression for years, who then suddenly decided to go off his anti-depressant drugs, without any reason. With a week, he committed suicide. cry

I feel sorry for anyone who comes to you for counselling on depression. You would probably send them to an early grave! Your post includes things you should not say to a depressed person... sad

Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by laudate: 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
JuicyGee:

It is NOT just your imagination. sad Talk to a clinical psychologist, or a consultant psychiatrist asap! shocked Without any delay. Do not joke with this - get rid of suicidal thoughts. Please refuse to entertain them.

There is a cure, if you follow the right kind of medical advice. And pray. May God heal you physically, spiritually and mentally.....in Jesus name.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by waluga(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

read the comment well...weed + sad/ +frustration or any wrong bad mood leads to craziness
The governor of Oregon smokes weed
Wizkid smokes weed
Rick Ross smokes weed
Yet they're millionaires, are they mentally ill ??
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by kandiikane(m): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
iphenon:
Are you a psychologist?
yes
Re: Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It by vhuqnl(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
Unsad:
Depression is real af. Been battling years ago and now I've had to live with it. Just always have people who you can talk too and try to laugh as much as possible. My case is even schizophrenia mixed with depression and been like that for years.... Just try to find somethings in life to be happy about. Alcohol is also one of the things I use to supress it.
Alcohol? you aren't doing your self any good. Use ur meds and stay away from hard drugs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lassa Fever Resurfaces In Abeokuta; One Person Dead Already / How To Get Rid Of Sagging Breast / My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.