Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,035 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:43 PM

Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari (11555 Views)

In 2017 Buhari Was Driven From His Office By Patriotic & Courageous Rats – FFK / "Nigeria’s Recession Will Begin To End ‘Slowly’ But ‘Painfully’ In July 2017" / Recession Will Soon Be Over – Osinbajo Assures Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by CephasTK(m): 9:14am On Dec 20, 2016
AMEN! Done already.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by fkdmods: 9:17am On Dec 20, 2016
divicode:

You have definitely made irrefutable points; however, the good news is that things will not always continue as it they are forever! Based on your assertion, who would have believed PMB will defeat the incumbent GEJ? Nigeria did not necessarily voted for PMB in 2015, but only rejected GEJ. My point is this, we are getting there, one day, Nigerians will vote qualified and responsible president. Agree, it may not happen in 2019, but I tell you, it will soon happen!

There are none. Corruption is too ingrained in the mindset of Nigerians. I met Ben Bruce once in New York. You know what he told me? He said he had no choice but to conform to the way Nigerians do things else he looses his life. He is not the first person to say that. Remember clemens westerhof? He pretty much said the same thing. Maybe not in those exact words. Look at Okonjo Iweala. She is making money for everyone else in the world but cannot succeed in Nigeria. I need you to really think about the fact that a country which has existed for more than half a century has not had one decent leader. Do you know how unbelievable that sounds? It tells you that there is a deeper problem than just looking for a good president.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Halo22: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2016
Does Mr President really understand the meaning recession? If he does, he won't be telling us all these cock and bull stories but put adequate plans on ground....
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Jimi23(m): 9:31am On Dec 20, 2016
The most foolish President Nigeria ever had.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2016
fkdmods:

There are none. Corruption is too ingrained in the mindset of Nigerians. I met Ben Bruce once in New York. You know what he told me? He said he had no choice but to conform to the way Nigerians do things else he looses his life. He is not the first person to say that. Remember clemens westerhof? He pretty much said the same thing. Maybe not in those exact words. Look at Okonjo Iweala. She is making money for everyone else in the world but cannot succeed in Nigeria. I need you to really think about the fact that a country which has existed for more than half a century has not had one decent leader. Do you know how unbelievable that sounds? It tells you that there is a deeper problem than just looking for a good president.

I think think we are not far from each other on this discourse. The first thing on solving any problem is to identify (and acknowledge) th problem.
Now we know there is a problem, for me, I believe there is a solution which is character change and reformation
Believe, this solution will come one day, maybe through a revolution (aggressive or non-aggressive), but obviously it will come. Like I said earlier, would believe PMB would have defeated GEJ? It starts from somewhere and that is t place.

1 Like

Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by APCmyheart(m): 9:35am On Dec 20, 2016
AroOkigbo:
Uncle, please tell us another story

Truth is bitter.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by fkdmods: 9:37am On Dec 20, 2016
divicode:

I think thin are not fa from each other on this discourse. The first thing on solving any problem is to identify (and acknowledge) th problem.
Now we know there is a problem, for me, I believe there is a solution which is character change change renovation!
Believe, this solution will come one day, maybe through a revolution (aggressive or non-aggressive), but obviously it will come. Like I said earlier, would believe PMB would have defeated GEJ? It starts from somewhere and that is t place.

That is the problem in itself. One half of the citizenry don't know what the problem is. The problem is very simple. Nigeria's problem is the citizenry. Not the leadership. No one coerced them into casting their ballots for buhari. They saw a reflection of him in their daily lives. Now that you all are confronted with who truly represents your ideals, you are all shocked and flabbergasted. Leaders come from the citizenry and not from the moon. And if the citizenry is bad the leaders they appoint from amongst themselves will be bad. Bad citizenry = bad leaders = bad country. People who don't acknowledge history and their mistakes are doomed to repeat them. If you listen to fela's songs he released in the 70's, you'd think he released them just yesterday. What does that tell you? And he released those songs almost half a century ago. Smh.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:48am On Dec 20, 2016
... Mouth action president.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2016
fkdmods:

That is the problem in itself. One half of the citizenry don't know what the problem is. The problem is very simple. Nigeria's problem is the citizenry. Not the leadership. No one coerced them into casting their ballots for buhari. They saw a reflection of him in their daily lives. Now that you all are confronted with who truly represents your ideals, you are all shocked and flabbergasted. Leaders come from the citizenry and not from the moon. And if the citizenry is bad the leaders they appoint from amongst themselves will be bad. Bad citizenry = bad leaders = bad country. People who don't acknowledge history and their mistakes are doomed to repeat them. If you listen to fela's songs he released in the 70's, you'd think he released them just yesterday. What does that tell you? And he released those songs almost half a century ago. Smh.

So it narrows down to probably the same thing. The electorate is not what it used to be in 1960 and probably not what it was in 1999. By 2019, the enlightenment ad knowledge level of the electorate would have changed! By that time, the half of the electorate which you claimed are novice about what they want would have reduced probably to about 30%.
The rate at which it is going, it cannot just be business as usual! Can you see Gambia? Somebody has been ruling them for over a decade and just lost the election this year! That is just Gambia! Bro, Nigeria is better than Gambia
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by psalmsjob: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2016
macaphan007:
IF a country like Japan is still in recession after almost a decade,i wonder who is advising Mr President,Recessions don't just start and end with wishful thinking and word of mouth,we need educated and pragmatic people at the helm of affairs in this country.
what you have in Japan is technically a depression not a recession and its largely due to the political instability in its leadership more like what you asking for here by suggesting we need educated and pragmatic people in the helms of affairs; Google to know how many times Japan had changed her PM and FM over the past decade and you might understand that changing leadership is not necessarily the solution to ending a recession it only drags you into depression.

To end recession you start by stimulating the real sector in this case; Agriculture, fund SME, increase access to cheap raw Materials for manufacturing companies, creating employment opportunity and somewhat reduce government recurrent expenditure, and as peculiar to Nigeria; block corruption and corrupt people from stealing the scarce resources and recover what they had stolen. And President Buhari has and is taking these steps through government policies.

What we need most in this country is not semi-illiterates and pessimistic citizens who will not analyze economic and political situations objectively or devoid of political affiliation or tribe or elitism. There is a wide gap between education and wisdom; and between Knowledge and understanding; just as there is between power and courage.

Honestly I rather be a nomad than have a doctorate in zoology!
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by wolfenstein(m): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2016
He didn't give us the exact date in 2017 o, cud be in December...........

Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by psalmsjob: 10:21am On Dec 20, 2016
Halo22:
Does Mr President really understand the meaning recession? If he does, he won't be telling us all these cock and bull stories but put adequate plans on ground....
please state here some of those plans you want him to put on ground if you truly understand what recession means? Talk is cheap and insults are the cheapest of all talk!

1 Like

Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Gerrard59(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2016
psalmsjob:

To end recession you start by stimulating the real sector in this case; Agriculture, fund SME, increase access to cheap raw Materials for manufacturing companies, creating employment opportunity and somewhat reduce government recurrent expenditure, and as peculiar to Nigeria; block corruption and corrupt people from stealing the scarce resources and recover what they had stolen. And President Buhari has and is taking these steps through government policies.

What Nigeria needs is uninterrupted power supply. I don't see why I should be spending 2MN naira on electricity alone annually(I can only imagine how much factories and facilities spend) and people expect things to move forward.

1 Like

Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by psalmsjob: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2016
Gerrard59:

What Nigeria needs is uninterrupted power supply. I don't see why I should be spending 2MN naira on electricity alone annually(I can only imagine how much factories and facilities spend) and people expect things to move forward.

Yeah you are right that will stimulate growth too. Partly what compounded the recession. Electricity was improving before our oyel brothers blowing up gas pipelines because their Clueless hero was being probed for Currption the only thing he is not clueless about.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Adeevah(m): 10:54am On Dec 20, 2016
Recession will end in 2017 - Buhari prays
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 20, 2016
psalmsjob:

Yeah you are right that will stimulate growth too. Partly what compounded the recession. Electricity was improving before our oyel brothers blowing up gas pipelines because their Clueless hero was being probed for Currption the only thing he is not clueless about.

You are a fo.ol, shame on you.

Why don't you build Ur power plants without gas from the land of the clueless son and brothers.

All you people do everyday is insult and call them names, why don't you do it on your own without depending on them?
Must u always look for a way to denigrate that part of the country, their son is clueless as if yours did any better, afterall the Ota baboon looted $19b meant for power.

Middle finger!!!

1 Like

Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by akaahs(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2016
Believe in the dullardiho and ur name(s) is sorry
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by psalmsjob: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2016
NormalCodes:

You are a fo.ol, shame on you.

Why don't you build Ur power plants without gas from the land of the clueless son and brothers.

All you people do everyday is insult and call them names, why don't you do it on your own without depending on them?
Must u always look for a way to denigrate that part of the country, their son is clueless as if yours did any better, afterall the Ota baboon looted $19b meant for power.

Middle finger!!!
Cocoa, Groundnut, Palm Oil in short Agriculture is where the revenue to establish these oyel fields you mostly lazy brats are now calling your wealth. Your contribution in the past has only been in peasant fishing and consumption of ogogoro or alcohol and now you contribution is collection of amnesty money and drunken destruction of national assets in support of your corrupt leaders.

Necessity is the mother of invention; we are looking beyond your oyel for our electricity not just in Nigeria but globally, the world is going green. Even Lagos is currently looking to generate electricity from waste.

We shall soon see who is the fo.ol and shameful lots. Instead of you to bury your heads in shame that your clueless brother ruled you as Governor and President of Nigeria and could not turn your agitation to reality.

I respect people like Ken Sarowiwa, I wished he had the kind of opportunity this clueless duns, slowpoke GEJ had, that's a true hero worth emulating not a coward that can't control a government he heads. If we talk you will say he is the President of Nigeria and not otuoke that's why the roads in his community are deplorable; what a stupid excuse but your are all drunk like him on ogogoroalcohol so how can you reason straight.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by afbstrategies: 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yesooo Baba! Same way one Naira now exchange for one Dollar.

Tell to stop and see me run for my dear life cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by separate(m): 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wats going on]
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by separate(m): 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] undecided
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Easy1401(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
Story for the gods.... Abeg next story
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Vincent41(m): 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2016
idris93:
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed optimism that the current economic recession will ebb in 2017.

President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed optimism that the current economic recession will ebb in 2017.
Speaking on Monday in Abuja while declaring open an induction course organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Nigerian Career Ambassadors-designate who were recently cleared by the Senate, President Buhari said:
“We are optimistic that the external factors that partly contributed to push our economy into recession will ebb in 2017. Until then, I regret that the resources available to fund our missions abroad will not be as robust as we would like.
“We are working hard to turn around our national economy by effectively reforming our macroeconomic environment through measures, some of which were outlined in my budget speech to the National Assembly last week.”
The President, who said the prevailing economic circumstances have led to a restructuring of Nigerian missions abroad, reminded the Ambassadors-designate that , “as we are all making great sacrifices at home, we also expect you to similarly make judicious use of the resources put at the disposal of your missions. As Heads of missions, you will be held accountable for the utilisation of all resources under your control. These are lean times, and all of us are expected to do more with less.”
President Buhari specifically charged the Ambassadors-designate to change the narrative of Nigeria outside the country by playing up the positive values and outstanding contributions of Nigerians in the global arena.
“I want to emphasise your duty to change the narrative of Nigeria as seen by the outside world. For far too long, we have allowed Nigeria to be defined by others, always emphasizing our negatives. To the average foreigner, Nigeria evokes 419, terrorism, militancy, communal and religious clashes, insecurity, corruption and all our other faults,” he said.
The President continued: “You have the duty to correct this narrative by taking the initiative to define and portray our country for what it truly is. We are a nation of 180 million vibrant, enterprising, hardworking, hospitable and peaceful people. We are a remarkable nation that has succeeded in harnessing our multiple diversities as strengths such that we are the leading country on the continent. Therefore, you will need to mobilise, sensitise and motivate all your staff so that together you engage with your host governments, the private sector and other segments of the society to explain that Nigeria is much more than the negative image portrayed to them.”
President Buhari also enjoined them to leverage on the achievements of Nigerians within the country and in diaspora: Think of people like Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, Chinedu Echeruo who founded Hotspot application which he sold to Apple for over a billion Dollars; think of Bayo Ogunlesi, who runs over a billion Dollar Infrastructure Fund and is now Adviser to US President-elect; and Jelani Aliyu, an accomplished car designer at General Motors. Indeed, these and other hardworking Nigerian professionals in the diaspora have never forgotten their roots and have been making significant contributions to their communities back home, and even to our economy through their huge remittances.”
He urged them to sustain the work ethic characterized by the love of country, professionalism, excellence, integrity and honour associated with the “Nigerian diplomatic tradition established in 1957 by the pioneers of the Nigerian Foreign Service, sometimes referred to as the “Twelve Apostles” and also “bequeath same to succeeding generations. ”
President Buhari also charged the Ambassadors-designate to stress Nigeria’s commitment to international peace and security through contributions “to nearly every UN peacekeeping initiative since 1960 when we achieved our independence. In addition, we are the stabilizers and shock absorbers of West Africa having helped to contain potentially de-stabilizing developments in the sub-region.”
He urged the Ambassadors–designate always to be mindful of the national priorities that “revolve around the economy, security, anti-corruption, good governance, agricultural transformation and infrastructural development, including rail, roads and power” and use their roles “as Principal Representatives to build meaningful partnerships to attract foreign investments, new skills and technologies.”
President Buhari stressed that “as Nigerian Ambassadors, you must set the standard of putting Nigeria first in all your actions. You must show leadership, fairness and justice to all. Discipline, probity, accountability and zero tolerance for corruption must be your watchwords. You are expected to project the best image and traditions of our country in your conduct and all you do.”

Read More: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/218432-recession-will-end-2017-buhari.html

i kw it...The idiotic president did nt say it will end rather it will ebb[ebb]used more than 5 times...Read well!!!!
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by aloeman15(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
Bros you've spoken well.
But...
In ur post you just mentioned leaders who think differently.
However slim that may seem, it's still hope.
Now, imagine if these 'few good men' were able to catch them young at secondary and early uni levels!
Changing this country is easy, but first our perception must change.
Nigeria's leadership has never been the problem. It's the foundation of a house- the people- that you blame for a collapse, not the roof or ceiling- govt.
fkdmods:

1 Like

Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by fkdmods: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
aloeman15:
Bros you've spoken well.
But...
In ur post you just mentioned leaders who think differently.
However slim that may seem, it's still hope.
Now, imagine if these 'few good men' were able to catch them young at secondary and early uni levels!
Changing this country is easy, but first our perception must change.
Nigeria's leadership has never been the problem. It's the foundation of a house- the people- that you blame for a collapse, not the roof or ceiling- govt.

Well said.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by aloeman15(m): 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
you said insults are the cheapest of all talk then, in ur next post you heaped cheap article on people.
How do I then take you seriously?
If memory serves, it was obj that tried to excuse his failures by saying that jesus wouldn't be able to rule nigeria.
And he was right- because his mentality is wrong. Jesus didn't rule a single soul while on earth, but he owns billions of them because he showed true leadership- the self sacrifice that all men want to follow.
Despite all his faults, the man you're insulting actually laid a good foundation for buhari. If he'd simply continued with gej's plans while fighting the opposition- not corruption, mind you- we would only now be struggling to avoid *recession. Do you have any idea what he's spent over $5billion on in 18months? Or the effects of said money?
Meanwhile, using money from gala sales to buy a bike, then turning round to ignore either getting proper training or to do servicing of the bike is utter stupidity- you'll soon have to return to selling gala again.
psalmsjob:

Cocoa, Groundnut, Palm Oil in short Agriculture is where the revenue to establish these oyel fields you mostly lazy brats are now calling your wealth. Your contribution in the past has only been in peasant fishing and consumption of ogogoro or alcohol and now you contribution is collection of amnesty money and drunken destruction of national assets in support of your corrupt leaders.

Necessity is the mother of invention; we are looking beyond your oyel for our electricity not just in Nigeria but globally, the world is going green. Even Lagos is currently looking to generate electricity from waste.

We shall soon see who is the fo.ol and shameful lots. Instead of you to bury your heads in shame that your clueless brother ruled you as Governor and President of Nigeria and could not turn your agitation to reality.

I respect people like Ken Sarowiwa, I wished he had the kind of opportunity this clueless duns, slowpoke GEJ had, that's a true hero worth emulating not a coward that can't control a government he heads. If we talk you will say he is the President of Nigeria and not otuoke that's why the roads in his community are deplorable; what a stupid excuse but your are all drunk like him on ogogoroalcohol so how can you reason straight.
Oh, and fyi-
Oil wil remain the mainstay of world economy for the next 75-150years.
So you don't cut off your nose- the nd- to spite your own face- nigeria. The tactic (violence) that buhari promised us would work has failed woefully. While hating the havoc by the militants, the lesson should be clear- If you want to be a bully, but end up on the floor you have no right to cry foul k?
Jaw jaw b4 war war.
And who told you that buhari controls his govt? Are you that deluded?!
Or you think aisha was crying on international media as a planned work?
I've had to modify my post 3 times because of all these own goals you've been scoring. wink
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by psalmsjob: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
aloeman15:
you said insults are the cheapest of all talk then, in ur next post you heaped cheap article on people.
How do I then take you seriously?
If memory serves, it was obj that tried to excuse his failures by saying that jesus wouldn't be able to rule nigeria.
And he was right- because his mentality is wrong. Jesus didn't rule a single soul while on earth, but he owns billions of them because he showed true leadership- the self sacrifice that all men want to follow.
Despite all his faults, the man you're insulting actually laid a good foundation for buhari. If he'd simply continued with gej's plans while fighting the opposition- not corruption, mind you- we would only now be struggling to avoid *recession. Do you have any idea what he's spent over $5billion on in 18months? Or the effects of said money?
Meanwhile, using money from gala sales to buy a bike, then turning round to ignore either getting proper training or to do servicing of the bike is utter stupidity- you'll soon have to return to selling gala again.
Yes I said insults are the cheapest talk there is as a matter of fact not that I don't use them too where necessary to make a point like how can one say a clueless man like GEJ is clueless without actually saying so or when his supporters insult me unnecessarily for pointing at his obvious short comings. I'm not perfect but seeks to be daily.

The only foundation GEJ laid are:
1. Naira devaluation by giving those Oba, Emir, Chief $30,000 each to support him for reelection.
2. Approving oil swap deals is another naira devaluation measure.
3. Dismissing Prof. Berth Nnaji from over seeing the privatisation of electricity is a foundation for the power situation today.
4. Giving those sycophants in his cabinet and party too much power to do as they liked thereby aiding and abetting corruption.
5. Using state funds to sponsor Ekiti elections was preparatory to rigging as seen in Rivers.
6. Trying to force the speaker of the national Assembly to step down is a foundation for anarchy hope you haven't forgotten about these things that he did. 6 more than 9 or is it 13 and 16?
7. A honorable man will keep to his word. Their word is their bond, simple! One term is one term. Imagine the level of support he will have now if he step aside then to honor his agreement to not contest for 2nd term. It will surpass the support he had in 2011. But a dishonorable man will always shoot himself in the foot.

Your analogy about gala and okada is lost on me, I didn't get your gist on that neither on what you claimed OBJ said, however he was the one that brought GEJ to what he is or achieved political mind you failure can be an achievement too in politics; OBJ was instrumental from how he became Governor to President do you guys should thank and respect him not insult him stupidly like GEJ did.

But never again shall we have a slowpoke like GEJ as leader in Nigeria.
Re: Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
"We shall, We Will" Government.
Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari's PA, LAURETTA ONOCHIE Marrys For 5th Time / Ogun Residents Now Sleep In Benin Republic For Protection - Red Cross / Keyamo, An Embarrassment To The Legal Profession - Atiku Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.