Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time (1761 Views)

Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? / The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower / One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by TheArranger(m): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
When it comes to religion, I think its safe to say that I've been on all sides of the spectrum. Started as a christian, gravitated towards agnosticism in secondary school, became an atheist after I left the university......
I think my point is, as someone who's argued from all these viewpoints, there's something I've realized - Its a pointless argument. Am not saying I didn't know this since. I actually did. But debate is a fun exercise, however when it comes to christians or religious/"god" apologists in general, there's just no point.
Firstly, religion and strong atheism require fundamental assumptions, that require you to change it yourself, and aren't going to be swayed by a rational argument. Christians for example (based on experience), have faith as their foundation. For strong (not weak) atheists, this foundation is empiricism, naturalism etc etc. basically the belief that only those things that can be observed with science exist.
Second, the two parties of this argument are arguing for the sole reason of proving themselves right, not always seeking the truth. Some of you know deep down this is true. I'm not saying there aren't people who've gained faith in God, or lost it. But in Nairaland, I've never witnessed such happen mid forum. People on this forum as I've noticed debate to change other people's minds, without carefully re-examining theirs (I don't know if that makes sense lol grin ).
The problem is, changing your opponent's mind when it comes to religion is nigh impossible because of the foundation. I've seen a lot of people here on Nairaland (mostly christians sorry to say) resort to insults rather than stay on topic. This is because these people see arguments opposing their worldview as a personal attack rather than what it really is - a debate! This is all because of the foundation.
Personally, I've just come to accept that religious debates are nothing more than philosophical exercises. However, if one is thinking he can change someone's worldview or belief mid forum, I'd like you to show me how. Maybe my understanding of debates is flawed
Cc. Seun, OAM4J, LordReed, Martinez19, HellVictorinho, Michellekabod1, Vic2Ree, budaatum, MuttleyLaff, XxSabrinaxX, RuthlessLeader, Janettee, MhizAngel99, frank317, CAPSLOCKED, Dantedasz, finalboss, HardMirror, Mobilia, luvmijeje, PastorAIO, Verapax2001, Myth121, Ranchhoddas, HardMirror, MJBOLT, adoyi8, HopefulLandlord, Ihedinobi3, BronzeMajik, Niflheim, johnydon22, felixomor, JujuSugar, festwiz, Hermes019, HenryDion, HappyPagan, NPComplete, LuciferVirgin, CreepyBlackpool, frosbel2, hahn, TATIME, jesusjnr, Originakalokalo, OpenYourEyes1, Anas09, GeneralShepherd

6 Likes

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by CAPSLOCKED: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
TheArranger:
When it comes to religion, I think its safe to say that I've been on all sides of the spectrum. Started as a christian, gravitated towards agnosticism in secondary school, became an atheist after I left the university......
I think my point is, as someone who's argued from all these viewpoints, there's something I've realized - Its a pointless argument. Am not saying I didn't know this since. I actually did. But debate is a fun exercise, however when it comes to christians or religious/"god" apologists in general, there's just no point.
Firstly, religion and strong atheism require fundamental assumptions, that require you to change it yourself, and aren't going to be swayed by a rational argument. Christians for example (based on experience), have faith as their foundation. For strong (not weak) atheists, this foundation is empiricism, naturalism etc etc. basically the belief that only those things that can be observed with science exist.
Second, the two parties of this argument are arguing for the sole reason of proving themselves right, not always seeking the truth. Some of you know deep down this is true. I'm not saying there aren't people who've gained faith in God, or lost it. But in Nairaland, I've never witnessed such happen mid forum. People on this forum as I've noticed debate to change other people's minds, without carefully re-examining theirs (I don't know if that makes sense lol grin ).
The problem is, changing your opponent's mind when it comes to religion is nigh impossible because of the foundation. I've seen a lot of people here on Nairaland (mostly christians sorry to say) resort to insults rather than stay on topic. This is because these people see arguments opposing their worldview as a personal attack rather than what it really is - a debate! This is all because of the foundation.
Personally, I've just come to accept that religious debates are nothing more than philosophical exercises. However, if one is thinking he can change someone's worldview or belief mid forum, I'd like you to show me how. Maybe my understanding of debates is flawed
Cc. Seun, OAM4J, LordReed, Martinez19, HellVictorinho, Michellekabod1, Vic2Ree, budaatum, MuttleyLaff, XxSabrinaxX, RuthlessLeader, Janettee, MhizAngel99, frank317, CAPSLOCKED, Dantedasz, finalboss, HardMirror, Mobilia, luvmijeje, PastorAIO, Verapax2001, Myth121, Ranchhoddas, HardMirror, MJBOLT, adoyi8, HopefulLandlord, Ihedinobi3, BronzeMajik, Niflheim, johnydon22, felixomor, JujuSugar, festwiz, Hermes019, HenryDion, HappyPagan, NPComplete, LuciferVirgin, CreepyBlackpool, frosbel2, hahn, TATIME, jesusjnr, Originakalokalo, OpenYourEyes1, Anas09, GeneralShepherd

I DON'T KNOW IF THE ENDLESS DEBATES DO ANYTHING FOR US (AS IRRELIGIOUS PEOPLE) SO I DON'T EVEN BOTHER, BECAUSE IT'S JUST THE SAME BACK AND FORTH RIDE WITH NOBODY TRYING TO LISTEN TO ANOTHER.

BUT ONE THING I DO KNOW IS THAT OUR LITTLE CHIP INS AND POSTS HERE AND THERE GOES A LONG WAY TO ERADICATE RELIGION AND LIBERATE INNOCENT PEOPLE FROM THE RELIGIOUS BURDEN THAT WAS PLACED ON THEM AS EARLY AS THE DAY THEY WERE BORN.

I STARTED ASKING QUESTIONS FROM A VERY YOUNG AGE OF 7 AND CONTINUED TO READ THE CHRISTIAN HOLY BOOK WHILE HOPPING FROM DENOMINATION TO DENOMINATION TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF ALL THE NONSENSE MY PARENTS INTRODUCED ME TO. EVEN AS A YOUNG SEMINARY BOY I STRUGGLED STILL TO UNDERSTAND A FEW THINGS BUT NO MATTER WHAT I DID AND HOW I PRAYED, HOLY SPIRIT NEVER CAME THROUGH, NEITHER WAS MY LIFE ANY BETTER THAN THAT OF OTHER TEENAGERS WHO DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THEY PUT IN UP TO HALF MY EFFORTS.

IT WAS IN 2016 THAT I DISCOVERED A THREAD AND POSTS ON IT THAT EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS NORMAL TO QUESTION EVERYTHING NO MATTER WHO SAYS IT.. THAT WAS THE DAY, ON THAT VERY THREAD THAT I DISCARDED RELIGION COMPLETELY.
AND I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE TO CHANGE MY MIND ON THIS FORUM.. MORE PEOPLE ARE BECOMING IRRELIGIOUS THAN RELIGIOUS EVERYDAY, THANKS TO THIS FORUM AND THE INTERNET AT LARGE.

I DON'T KNOW IF I'M DERAILING, THREAD STARTER, BUT I DON'T THINK DEBATES CHANGE THE MINDS OF THE PEOPLE WHO ENGAGE WITH EACH OTHER, NEITHER IS IT SO EASY TO CONVINCE A RELIGIOUS PERSON THAT HE/SHE IS BEING FOOLED... BUT I DO KNOW THAT AS LONG AS WE KEEP TRYING TO ERADICATE RELIGION AND PROMOTE PEACE AND LOVE AMONG ALL SATIENT BEINGS BY MAKING THESE LITTLE RATIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS WHEN WE CAN, LIBERATION WILL GO TO THOSE WHO ARE WILLING AND READY TO ACCOMMODATE IT.

I'M NOT SOBER GENTLEMEN.

30 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by johnydon22(m): 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
TheArranger:

The problem is, changing your opponent's mind when it comes to religion is nigh impossible because of the foundation.

No it is not. far from it.

My former email attached to this account is testimony to that.

We have watched a lot of them make that journey to atheism here on this board and we have seen some find faith again.

There are thousands questioning their beliefs today because of the arguments they read on this board.

there are many atheist you know here that came to this board as christians. Dalaman is one of those.

You may argue that whether people become atheist or religious again is fundamentally pointless to the arguers, is doesn't necessarily affect them in any way - i'd agree

But saying it isn't effective at all is contrary to every observable evidence on this board

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by JujuSugar(f): 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
All good points OP. I'm equally an atheist. However, i want you to look at it this way....

The mission of the Christian movement is one of evangelism: to bring people closer to God (either through normal conversation OR threats of eternal misery in a dimension called hell). If you're a Christian, you obviously believe that anyone who doesn't accept your faith is headed to hell.
Imagine you see a child playing in the middle of the road, a car is headed at full speed at the child's direction. The child, obviously immersed in his current activity, is paying zero attention to the incoming vehicle. What would you do if you were an adult witnessing this? Automatically, it becomes your mission, your obligation, to save that child. I think this is how Christians see Atheists and all other Non-Christians: as individuals about to make a mistake that will jeopardize their eternity.

On the other hand, Atheists view religious folks like the little children sacrificing their precious night sleep (every year) to await the moment Santa Claus hops out of the fireplace to eat their cookies and place their presents ===>Forgive me if these analogies suck
The children doing this have abandoned reality and the moment they're currently in and making the most of the only life they'll ever have because they believe in a ridiculous, unfounded superstition. This is basically religion through the Atheist lens.

The truth is, these things are important.
I know some Nairalanders can be braindead douches who have a mind-numbing habit of twisting words and changing goalposts...
You can't resolve the argument for everyone by arguing on Nairaland, but you can resolve the argument for YOU. Once you engage in these arguments, you always learn something new. And like it is normally said, whatever has been learned can never be unlearned. These things you've learned could eventually transform you and change your life forever.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by theoriginalgood: 8:25am On Feb 06, 2019
I can’t believe any seriously sane individual would question whether there’s a God. As a human, the limitations are so clear. Can a human bring to life anything he/she can imagine? Can a human live forever and see the whole course of destiny? Why is it that all humans die someday? Even the Christians say “Jesus” died, but not: “God” died. In the Bible, Mark 10:18 says only God is truly good. I can believe this because all humans die and God does not. Humans are beings. God is a being. One dies, the other doesn’t. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll know you’re not really a good being. Otherwise, you’ll never die. It’s undeniable. Then it should be no surprise to know that humanity is on the verge of extinction; there’s a war between Good and evil behind the scenes. Goodness should have just deleted evil at the beginning, but strangely, evil has enough power to prevent its immediate death. This is why humanity STILL exists today. But by definition, good is stronger than evil; Goodness will win the war and finally vanquish humanity after striking ENOUGH killer blows to evil.

Now, how come humans don’t exist in a perfect abode like what you could call Heaven? A place where there is only peace, one is always strong and healthy, no hatred, no dishonesty, no filth etc.

You are what you create! God is only good and thus cannot create anything that isn’t good. It is known that existence is full of many infirmities and rubbish. Who created those? Definitely not God! This therefore means that humans are actually all the sin, evil, bad, wrong, flaws etc in existence. Yes, there is a human out there who embodies bad breath, initials: BB = Barry Borden, who embodies body odor, initials: BO = Benjamin Oliver, who embodies weakness, initials: WN = Winifred Newton etc.

Good is stronger than evil, therefore God cannot be limited and is already omnipotent and omniscient. He can do absolutely anything good, but there is no such thing as purifying humanity. Making a change to a being means changing identity. Purging humanity would mean deleting the old identity of sin, and somehow creating a new one of purity. That deletion means death. They call it sinner, but that sinner is actually a sin itself!

The fact that humans die means humanity is not good. Accept it. Therefore there’s a higher power ensuring that existence will one day be purified. Too bad no one here will be there!

1 Like

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Originakalokalo(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2019
Yes.

It is a waste of time and I have stopped doing it a while ago.

I spread the good news. You accept, fine.

You reject, I dust my feet and move on to tell the next person.

....and so I continue.

That's all.

1 Like

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
Well, it has never been my desire to "debate" the topic of Christianity.
It really makes me uncomfortable to see the way some people in this section (on both sides) resort to name-calling and insults...because of disagreements.
I, as a human being, can never "change" someone's mind about embracing Christ as the only true God who desires a relationship with him/her.
I only "plant" a seed...and commit to praying.
The Holy Spirit waters....and changes a willing heart.

In a perfect world, I would love to see 100 percent conversions.

However, that doesn't stop me from expressing my joy..my desires..my sometimes fears...my hopes..my journey in the Lord.
As I have the right to do since this is the "religion" section.
The Muslims surely have it very good on this forum.
Nobody bothers them at all....
They get to daily witness, discuss, and "debate" peacefully and "insult and question" free in their own section.

I know this is a far-fetched dream...BUT...if only we could have the same treatment.. undecided
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Ihedinobi3: 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
There is a sense in which I agree with you, TheArranger, and another in which I don't.

[4]Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him.
[5]Answer a fool as his folly deserves, That he not be wise in his own eyes.
Proverbs 26:4-5 NASB

The above passage in Proverbs is what I mean.

As verse 4 teaches, it is not only a waste of time but a dangerous exercise to debate with "fools" (Psalm 53:1). The reason is that if your aim is to convert or convince or persuade a fool (as defined in that part of the Bible), then you would end up quite like him. Many who did not take the Bible's command seriously are fools now like the Bible warned.

But in verse 5, the ministry of apologetics is fully sanctioned by God. The business of apologetics is not at all to convert, convince or persuade the antichristian. It always is to protect other believers from their assault. That is done by demonstrating the lies they tell about the Bible and by demonstrating the hypocrisies in their arguments.

In other words, it is always a bad idea to argue with antichristians as though one might succeed at persuading them of the Truth of Jesus Christ. But it is always right and blessed to take the opportunity if one has the spiritual gift for it to demonstrate the lies and hypocrisies in their attacks on the Bible.
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Originakalokalo(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
There is a sense in which I agree with you, TheArranger, and another in which I don't.

[5]Answer a fool as his folly deserves, That he not be wise in his own eyes.
Proverbs 26:4-5 NASB

The above passage in Proverbs is what I mean.

As verse 4 teaches, it is not only a waste of time but a dangerous exercise to debate with "fools" (Psalm 53:1). The reason is that if your aim is to convert or convince or persuade a fool (as defined in that part of the Bible), then you would end up quite like him. Many who did not take the Bible's command seriously are fools now like the Bible warned.

But in verse 5, the ministry of apologetics is fully sanctioned by God. The business of apologetics is not at all to convert, convince or persuade the antichristian. It always is to protect other believers from their assault. That is done by demonstrating the lies they tell about the Bible and by demonstrating the hypocrisies in their arguments.

In other words, it is always a bad idea to argue with antichristians as though one might succeed at persuading them of the Truth of Jesus Christ. But it is always right and blessed to take the opportunity if one has the spiritual gift for it to demonstrate the lies and hypocrisies in their attacks on the Bible.

I agree with this.

But care should be taken to ensure that one is not caught up in the process.
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Ihedinobi3: 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
Originakalokalo:

I agree with this.

But care should be taken to ensure that one is not caught up in the process.
Each person should stay within their own spiritual gifts. And each person should make the effort to grow spiritually and learn the whole realm of God's Truth. That way, the believer is protected from all lies and attacks of the enemy.
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by obinna58(m): 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
TheArranger:

Your headline says it all so focusing on it, it's not an endless debate, there are lot's to learn esp for the open minded ones seeking to explore, I came here a Christian, now all I see in religion is lies,deceit, manipulation and destruction and truly that's what it is.
People deserve a better life which religion can't offer

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Deicide: 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
This section isn't as effective as it use to be 2012-2016 arguments here were very hot grin
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by budaatum: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

TheArranger, I would like you to read the above very carefully please, and pay special attention to what obinna says below.

No, it's not a waste of time! You can only say that if you do not understand how detrimental 'bad reasoning' is for a society! Such nations tend to be backward, and people who live in it die young!

Take advise from Ihedinobi3 as quoted above, and understand we atheists are not just struggling "against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms", all that have clouded minds for thousands of year. If you understand the level the theist you discourse with is at and meet them at it, you're more likely to drag them out of the rigidity their mind is in, but even if you don't, your own mind will be improved for it.

obinna58:
Your headline says it all so focusing on it, it's not an endless debate, there are lot's to learn esp for the open minded ones seeking to explore, I came here a Christian, now all I see in religion is lies,deceit, manipulation and destruction and truly that's what it is.
People deserve a better life which religion can't offer

Just bear in mind that obinna58 is like the one virgin who returned to say "thank you". There's another 9 or so who just haven't bothered to come and inform us that they have evolved.

And watch the videos in frosbel2 thread. It's guns and bullets for devil shooting!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

[color=#990000]I DON'T KNOW IF THE ENDLESS DEBATES DO ANYTHING FOR US (AS IRRELIGIOUS PEOPLE) SO I DON'T EVEN BOTHER, BECAUSE IT'S JUST THE SAME BACK AND FORTH RIDE WITH NOBODY TRYING TO LISTEN TO ANOTHER.

BUT ONE THING I DO KNOW IS THAT OUR LITTLE CHIP INS AND POSTS HERE AND THERE GOES A LONG WAY TO ERADICATE RELIGION AND LIBERATE INNOCENT PEOPLE FROM THE RELIGIOUS BURDEN THAT WAS PLACED ON THEM AS EARLY AS THE DAY THEY WERE BORN.

I STARTED ASKING QUESTIONS FROM A VERY YOUNG AGE OF 7 AND CONTINUED TO READ THE CHRISTIAN HOLY BOOK WHILE HOPPING FROM DENOMINATION TO DENOMINATION TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF ALL THE NONSENSE MY PARENTS INTRODUCED ME TO. EVEN AS A YOUNG SEMINARY BOY I STRUGGLED STILL TO UNDERSTAND A FEW THINGS BUT NO MATTER WHAT I DID AND HOW I PRAYED, HOLY SPIRIT NEVER CAME THROUGH, NEITHER WAS MY LIFE ANY BETTER THAN THAT OF OTHER TEENAGERS WHO DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THEY PUT IN UP TO HALF MY EFFORTS.
oh wonderful.

1 Like

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by obinna58(m): 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
Deicide:
This section isn't as effective as it use to be 2012-2016 arguments here were very hot grin
I see a similar comments like this, that's just what it feels like but really not what it is, it's as much as it use be just that you lost the value. wink
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Julivas(m): 1:23am On Feb 07, 2019
Mobilia:
Well, it has never been my desire to "debate" the topic of Christianity.
It really makes me uncomfortable to see the way some people in this section (on both sides) resort to name-calling and insults...because of disagreements.
I, as a human being, can never "change" someone's mind about embracing Christ as the only true God who desires a relationship with him/her.
I only "plant" a seed...and commit to praying.
The Holy Spirit waters....and changes a willing heart.

In a perfect world, I would love to see conversions.

However, that doesn't stop me from expressing my joy..my desires..my sometimes fears...my hopes..my journey in the Lord.
As I have the right to do since this is the "religion" section.
The Muslims surely have it very good on this forum.
Nobody bothers them at all....
They get to daily witness, discuss, and "debate" peacefully and "insult and question" free in their own section.

I know this is a far-fetched dream...BUT...if only we could have the same treatment.. undecided

They (the atheists) will see the light one day, just keep praying for them.
Check your mail biko.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by LordReed(m): 11:39am On Feb 07, 2019
I don't agree that it is a waste of time. For those of us open enough to receive new information it may be the linch pin to transformation. I appreciate all the people I debated with back when I was still a christian. They "forced" me to think and research beyond the things religion had taught me. And thank Zeus for the internet, the greatest repository of our collective knowledge, it is harder to hide information now that everything is being investigated, documented and uploaded.

Now that I am no longer in religion I feel so much freedom to point out some of the rather donderheaded thinking I ignored while I was still religious. If it sparks something off in someone then good and if it doesn't I am still entertained by how the religious must defend their positions by even more boneheaded arguments. No waste of time in my opinion.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2019
Julivas:

They (the atheists) will see the light one day, just keep praying for them.
Check your mail biko.

Oh I definitely am committed to praying for them...and they know it.
I made a thread specifically for them...
Some will return....no doubt about it.

1 Like

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by budaatum: 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2019
LordReed:
I don't agree that it is a waste of time. For those of us open enough to receive new information it may be the linch pin to transformation. I appreciate all the people I debated with back when I was still a christian. They "forced" me to think and research beyond the things religion had taught me. And thank Zeus for the internet, the greatest repository of our collective knowledge, it is harder to hide information now that everything is being investigated, documented and uploaded.

Now that I am no longer in religion I feel so much freedom to point out some of the rather donderheaded thinking I ignored while I was still religious. If it sparks something off in someone then good and if it doesn't I am still entertained by how the religious must defend their positions by even more boneheaded arguments. No waste of time in my opinion.
I really have nothing 2 say but I'm quoting because I love boneheads. And like*2 2!

2 Likes

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by frank317: 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Yes.

It is a waste of time and I have stopped doing it a while ago.

I spread the good news. You accept, fine.

You reject, I dust my feet and move on to tell the next person.

....and so I continue.

That's all.

U can't start a fire u don't want to quench. If u think u don't want ur believe to be questioned, stop spreading it as good news... It is not good news its is childish fairy tales.
Don't spread it if u will not answer questions that follows. People are not fools that u will tell some mythical fairy tales and expect them to believe just like that.
U are the Ines who start the argument by spreading ur childish tales

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by frank317: 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2019
Mobilia:

Oh I definitely am committed to praying for them...and they know it.
I made a thread specifically for them...
Some will return....no doubt about it.

If u can't see that ur prayer is a total waste of time then something must b wrong with u.

How many atheists in this forum have ever testified that they turned to Christian based on these arguments.

But we have tons of Christians , even those who argue actively changing their mind and denouncing Christianity.

Yet u waste time praying without result. The lesson we try to teach u guys on this forum will soon be costing u money. Yes, u will have to start paying for it since block headedness is what ya all have insisted on.

Can't u just see the atheist achievement without prayers? Can't u see?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by Originakalokalo(m): 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
frank317:

U can't start a fire u don't want to quench. If u think u don't want ur believe to be questioned, stop spreading it as good news... It is not good news its is childish fairy tales.
Don't spread it if u will not answer questions that follows. People are not fools that u will tell some mythical fairy tales and expect them to believe just like that.

The gospel of Jesus shall be preached...nothing shall stop the children of God from setting the captives of the devil free.

It's either you accept or reject it.

There is no argument about that.
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by frank317: 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
Originakalokalo:

The gospel of Jesus shall be preached...nothing shall stop the children of God from setting the captives of the devil free.

It's either you accept or reject it.

There is no argument about that.

Bring it on bro... Na u go tire.
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
frank317:

What a powerful fairytale! This fairytale has transformed lives and is still transforming life in alarming rate.
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
frank317:

If u can't see that ur prayer is a total waste of time then something must b wrong with u.

How many atheists in this forum have ever testified that they turned to Christian based on these arguments.

But we have tons of Christians , even those who argue actively changing their mind and denouncing Christianity.

Yet u waste time praying without result. The lesson we try to teach u guys on this forum will soon be costing u money. Yes, u will have to start paying for it since block headedness is what ya all have insisted on.

Can't u just see the atheist achievement without prayers? Can't u see?

You have succeeded in converting religious zealot. This people don't know God though they might profess to know him. Religion is man doing something to be accepted by God. Labouring to please Him. This not the gospel. With this kind of gospel God and man will be separated. Man cannot truly experience and God, if he keep up with this attitude.

Resting in the truth that you are already accepted and pleasing to God through Christ Jesus will cause you to experience the divine presence of God in your life. All your doubt about God will be vanquish forever. Test and see!
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by frank317: 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

What a powerful fairytale! This fairytale has transformed lives and is still transforming life in alarming rate.

Story for the gods. Even ur pastors are thieves
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by frank317: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

You have succeeded in converting religious zealot. This people don't know God though they might profess to know him. Religion is man doing something to be accepted by God. Labouring to please Him. This not the gospel. With this kind of gospel God and man will be separated. Man cannot truly experience and God, if he keep up with this attitude.

Resting in the truth that you are already accepted and pleasing to God through Christ Jesus will cause you to experience the divine presence of God in your life. All your doubt about God will be vanquish forever. Test and see!

Leave that thing... The truth is that nobody knows any God, even u.
What we have is everybody claims they no God until their eyes clear.
How can u know a God that cannot talk, it does not even exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
frank317:

I know God. His presence is always with me in Christ Jesus. How can someone who made mouth won't be able to speak? God speaks. He speaks to our heart and not to our ears. Listen with your heart and not with your ears.
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
frank317:

I have been there, trying so hard to please God was my hubbie, yet I always end up frustrated and tired out. Religion is dangerous. Everything changed when I accepted and believe that I am already pleasing and accepted by God in and through Christ Jesus. My Christianity took a new turn. I began experiencing the supernatural effortlessly. This truth ushered in the holy and wonderful presence of God in my life.

Wrong believing has kept man out of the transforming presence of God for so long. We can experience the mighty presence of God here on Earth through resting in the finished work of Jesus Christ. I am speaking from experience.
Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by GoodMuyis(m): 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2019
Yes the Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time

The debate will end
1=> when Nairaland atheist stops trolling Christian and Shitposting in this section
For example, if I mention God, not god, the atheist will be asking which of the God am I referring to as if he doesn't know that the Christian usually us the Capitalized God.

2=> When the atheist stop their deception, else apologetic will respond to defend
3=> When the atheist stop asking recycled question e.g. Who Created God?
4=> When the atheist stop imagining that they have superior brain-power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time by frank317: 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

I know God. His presence is always with me in Christ Jesus. How can someone who made mouth won't be able to speak? God speaks. He speaks to our heart and not to our ears. Listen with your heart and not with your ears.

Lol @ speak to to our heart.

If God speaks to the heart, why then did he create the ears?

How can a God who created ear for listening not know what is is used for... Tell him the heart pumps blood, no one hears with the heart. No wonder we have so many mad men in the church.

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

When They Ask Me Why I Don't Think The Bible Is A Perfect Book, I Show Them This / Why God Allows This? / Let The Spirit Of The Lord Come Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.