Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,236 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit (3027 Views)

I Caught Her RedHanded Stealing, Deleting Her Chat From Phone, What Should I Do? / Top Up Your Credit Card Here / Tim Westwood Shreds His Credit Cards: "I'm Tired Of Dating Dependent Ladies" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit by Princedapace(m): 8:00am On Dec 21, 2016
Are you among majority of Nigerians who lament about frequent deduction of your hard earned airtime? Have you called customer care over and over again without getting your credit deduction issue resolved? Are you tired of calling customer care centre? If your answers to the above questions are YES..this article is for you!
Truth about the value added services that deduct your credit!
Over %90 are not from MTN Nigeria. They are from normal citizens who create these services to make money. They only pay loyalty to the service provider. The core MTN value added services are:
Caller Tunes
Caller Feel
Game plus
Music plus
MTN Play

Other services that deduct credit are: Mega hunt lottery service and yafu yafu cash promo. You and I know that there are hundreds of other services with some crazy names that do nothing but to consume your airtime.
These services have no mercy meh. They can make you run mad for five minutes with the way they wipe off your credit! Music Plus is the real boss here… that value added service can deduct credit strategically like this: 50 naira, 100 naira, 150 naira, 250 naira etc J
Enough of this…lets get to the main issue which is how to deactivate these services without calling customer care.
How to stop mtn value added services from stealing your airtime
For MTN Play: simply dial *700*8#, once you dial this code…if you have mtn play service on your line, they will be displayed. If you don’t have any on this platform, the system will also notify you. In a situation where you see services displayed there, simply select the number that accompanies each of the services listed on your screen. It’s easy and you can do it. I do this every week to ensure I don’t have any service from that platform.
To stop Music Plus: this one can only be stopped from auto renewing. This means once the current subscription elapses, you won’t be charged again except you opt-in again. All you need to do is simply send Stop as a text message to 5900.
For Caller feel, though this service is very useful and the best on the MTN platform, some people still don’t want it. My brother and my sister, simply send STOP as a text message to 50016. No big deal, you’re out joor.
Caller tunes: This one is Oga dey boss. This one has finished many people for many years now. This is quite simple to manage. To cancel this service…simply send NO as a text message to 4100 or dial *410*7#, if you simply want to remove some songs or remove songs completely while leaving the MTN default caller tunes, simply dial *410*2# and follow the options therein.
Now mtn has provided a platform for you to manage your value added services. That is *123*5#. When you dial this code… you will be provided with options:
1. MyContent Services
2 Myplay services
3. MyCaller Tunez
4. Mobile Advertising
5. My Music Plus
Now simply select the corresponding numbers for each of the option you see on your screen to viw what you have under such selected platform. For example, you want to know if you have services deducting your credit classified under MyContent Services, simply select number 1 on your phone and send back to the system. Once you do this you will be provided with the following options:
1. Available Content Services
2. My Active Services
99. Exist. Now, to check if you have services under MyContent Services, simply select option 2 which is My Active Services to view if you have any service under this platform. If you have, it will be shown to you sharp, sharp. You will also see option to remove those you see.
Among these options, the number two option is for MTN play services. There are hundreds of services running under this platform. Now, when you select option two which is MyPlay services, you will be taken to the MTN Play USSD menu. To check if you are subscribed to any of the services, simply select option 8 from the available options you will see there. The option 8 is titled My Services. If you see any service there simply deactivate it.
Services that may never appear on the VAS menu list
Now there are some stubborn services that will never appear on the vas menu list via the *123*5#. They are the services I will be talking about in my next article. It's best you dial the MTN USSD VAS code at least once every week to check your line. Thanks for reading.
http://www.icansayanything.com/2016/12/how-to-stop-mtn-from-stealing-your-credit.html
Re: How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit by ring7(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2016
MTN won't be happy with these.
Worst part of it is that The so called customer care knows about it,will be expecting alert only to get the message saying "Bihari is Biafran president if you want to know more about these send these to that" haaaa

1 Like

Re: How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2016
Chai MTN! The only network that will give you cap and collect head from you

3 Likes

Re: How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit by REVDIMMY: 1:57am On Jun 24, 2017
Re: How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit by IphyParol: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2017
The truth is that whilst there are many value added services out there, there are only a handful of those that offers truly genuine contents and guarantee maximum value for money.

These services are;

MTN Music+
MTN Game+
MTN CallerTunez
MTN CallerFeel
MTN MBlog
and also MTN Comedy+ and Mobile Newspaper Service

Now here's the bit you may not actually know about these services. They are easily the most structured service on the MTN network and also they are 100% compliant with all NCC and other consumer protection body rules and regulation.

These services account for less than 10% of all VAS related complaints on the MTN network, reason being that they not just only focus on providing wonderful services (which I am actually subscribed to some and enjoying it), they also care about user complaints and try to minimize it constantly.

Now how do they go about satisfying customers both with the best contents and care.
1) They ensure that all their contents are gotten from the best possible sources, make some exclusive, and also ensure that they are what is in trend.

2)They provide incentives to users on a regular basis, such as free air-times, data, and physical gifts from promos carried out periodically. (And yes, I have actually benefited from such severally).

3) They review their price plans and try to come up with flexible subscription packages that will appeal to different categories of users.

I have been a partaker of these sevices and will be lining out the benefits of each one of the in 5 different posts (starting with Music+ on this post).

The MTN MUSIC+ service is easily the next best thing after shazam (locally, that is). It contains the largest database of music from all genres exclusively from local artists. Name any artist in the country (Yes, even the top shots) and I can assure you that they have exclusivity with MTN Music+.

Now not only does this service offer you the chance to stream songs (you can even stream for 30 seconds free if you are not subscribed) you can also instantly download (high quality versions) the song to your device. Even more interesting is the fact that the mobile app has been optimized to integrate with your phone and serve as a very high quality music player for songs stored on your device.

Users can stream offline, purchase, download, and share their favorite music and send the music as gifts to their friends and loved ones. When users subscribe to any of the Music Plans, they can get FREE data bundle and stream unlimited music, they also can enjoy the Pricing discounts available for HD Full Track purchase.

Also, there are free data and unlimited streaming of the latest naija songs for each plan. See below some of these price plans

Plan Name Price Priviledge
3 Days Plan N100/3Days Free 30MB & Unlimited Streaming
7 Days Plan N300/7Days Free 150MB & Unlimited Streaming
30 Days Plan N600/30Days Free 300MB & Unlimited Streaming
7 Days Download Plan N100/7Days Free 8MB, 2HD Tracks & Unlimited Pre-listening

(To subscribe to the plans above simply send the any of the codes 3a,7a,30a,w respectively to 5900)

Users can stream, offline, purchase, download, and share their favorite music and send the music as gifts to their friends and loved ones.
- When users subscribe to any of the Music Plans, they can get FREE data bundle and stream unlimited music, they also can enjoy the Pricing discounts available for HD Full Track purchase.

Basically, you get to kill many birds with one stone just be subscribing to any of the package plans. That is not to mention that you also get to hear hit songs from some Top artists first on the Music+ platform even before it hits the popular music websites you know.

This service is a great great great service and one that will appeal to nearly everyone, no matter your age or taste of music. So long as its Naija I can assure you that the Music+ service will satisfy you.

Yes you can ask me any question regarding any of the services and I will be happy to assist you. grin
Re: How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit by IphyParol: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
The truth is that whilst there are many value added services out there, there are only a handful of those that offers truly genuine contents and guarantee maximum value for money.

These services are;

MTN Music+
MTN Game+
MTN CallerTunez
MTN CallerFeel
MTN MBlog

Now here's the bit you may not actually know about these services. They are easily the most structured service on the MTN network and also they are 100% compliant with all NCC and other consumer protection body rules and regulation.

These services account for less than 10% of all VAS related complaints on the MTN network, reason being that they not just only focus on providing wonderful services (which I am actually subscribed to some and enjoying it), they also care about user complaints and try to minimize it constantly.

Now how do they go about satisfying customers both with the best contents and care.
1) They ensure that all their contents are gotten from the best possible sources, make some exclusive, and also ensure that they are what is in trend.

2)They provide incentives to users on a regular basis, such as free air-times, data, and physical gifts from promos carried out periodically. (And yes, I have actually benefited from such severally).

3) They review their price plans and try to come up with flexible subscription packages that will appeal to different categories of users.

I have been a partaker of these sevices and will be lining out the benefits of each one of the in 5 different posts (starting with Music+ on this post).

The MTN MUSIC+ service is easily the next best thing after shazam (locally, that is). It contains the largest database of music from all genres exclusively from local artists. Name any artist in the country (Yes, even the top shots) and I can assure you that they have exclusivity with MTN Music+.

Now not only does this service offer you the chance to stream songs (you can even stream for 30 seconds free if you are not subscribed) you can also instantly download (high quality versions) the song to your device. Even more interesting is the fact that the mobile app has been optimized to integrate with your phone and serve as a very high quality music player for songs stored on your device.

Users can stream offline, purchase, download, and share their favorite music and send the music as gifts to their friends and loved ones. When users subscribe to any of the Music Plans, they can get FREE data bundle and stream unlimited music, they also can enjoy the Pricing discounts available for HD Full Track purchase.

Also, there are free data and unlimited streaming of the latest naija songs for each plan. See below some of these price plans

(To subscribe to the plans above simply send the any of the codes 3a,7a,30a,w respectively to 5900)

Users can stream, offline, purchase, download, and share their favorite music and send the music as gifts to their friends and loved ones.
- When users subscribe to any of the Music Plans, they can get FREE data bundle and stream unlimited music, they also can enjoy the Pricing discounts available for HD Full Track purchase.

Basically, you get to kill many birds with one stone just be subscribing to any of the package plans. That is not to mention that you also get to hear hit songs from some Top artists first on the Music+ platform even before it hits the popular music websites you know.

This service is a great great great service and one that will appeal to nearly everyone, no matter your age or taste of music. So long as its Naija I can assure you that the Music+ service will satisfy you.

Yes you can ask me any question regarding any of the services and I will be happy to assist you. grin
ring7:
MTN won't be happy with these.
Worst part of it is that The so called customer care knows about it,will be expecting alert only to get the message saying "Bihari is Biafran president if you want to know more about these send these to that" haaaa
Re: How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit by mxwhat: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2017
IphyParol:

These services are;

MTN Music+
MTN Game+
MTN CallerTunez
MTN CallerFeel
MTN MBlog

IphyParol:

You are very MAD!!!! IPHYPAROL or what do you call yourself. You probably work for these south-african xenophobists who kill innocent hard working citizens just because they are trying to make a living!!!

The thief called MTN has been and is still stealing from Nigerians someone here has tried to give Nigerians a way to avoid that and you are making a light of it?

YOU ARE MAD!!!

MAY MTN RUN AGROUND!!!

MAY ALL THE MONIES THAT THEY HAVE STOLEN FROM UNSUSPECTING AND INNOCENT NIGERIANS BE STOLEN BACK FROM THEM A MILLION TIMES OVER!!!!

YOU THIEFING BASTARDS!!!!
Re: How To STOP MTN Nigeria From Stealing Your Credit by maisauki: 8:22am On Aug 05, 2017
AM I D ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THIS TOPIC SHOULDN'T BE IN THIS SECTION?

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Pls, I'm Loosing My Mind. / Seun Thank You For Hearing Our Pleas / Boyfrnd Of Married Daughter Of President Of Congo Has Just Leaked Their sex Tape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.