Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola (16819 Views)

Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos / Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari / Buhari Must Not Be Defeated In The North But Nigeria Come 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 21, 2016
And they are bringing it back to back like Olamide and crew.
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by BuyGoats: 9:20am On Dec 21, 2016
Imagine?? Not your fault.

Please check my signature for your Christmas goats. Thanks for your patronage so far.
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by bydot1(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2016
yemmy66:
We want Fashola back

Fashola as President 2019

Who's this one lipsrsealed undecided
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by bydot1(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2016
Mr Fashola, continue sir! We will keep hoping and hoping lipsrsealed cry
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2016
TippyTop:

In 1984 there was recession and Bubu was head of state.
2016 there's another recession, guess who's head of state?
Same Bubu the recession man, is it coincidence that every time Bubu govern there's always recession?

Buhari presided over the two recession in our history, quite a feat.

Buhari inherited a recession both times.

Buhari's misfortune is that he always comes in when Oil prices are low.

Buhari's misfortune is that he is always coming in to clean up someone else's mess.

Having said that, both times he has never been able to articulate a clear and credible economic blueprint.

It is easy to look good when Oil is $100 but I have no doubt Buhari would have been a better president if he had come in after Obasanjo, not because he is a good manager of the economy but because there wouldn't have been the levels of looting we witnessed and I am confident he would have spent the windfall better building our infrastructure and saving for the rainy day. We would have been in a better position to ride this slowdown in Oil if Buhari was the one who just left power but he has never shown he is able to handle an economy in hard times.

3 Likes

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by hohafrank(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2016
Whoever takes this man serious is a born fool.
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by IVORY2009(m): 9:50am On Dec 21, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
FASHOLA THEY TAKE IGBO grin grin

Na small small him dey take, check him eyes for proof cheesy
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by fingistan(m): 9:54am On Dec 21, 2016
Nigerians will always survive but APC will not in 2019.
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:57am On Dec 21, 2016
... In all these jargon Fashola enumerated, he never made mention of the RECOVERY STRATEGY that this present govt is making to reverse this painful recession.

This govt is a ponzi scheme.

3 Likes

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by DatarecoveryNG: 9:59am On Dec 21, 2016
-We Recover Lost Data from Crashed Hard disks,Flash,Memory cards. DATARECOVERYNIGERIA.COM
-We fix Laptops,PCs,Servers,Networks/Internet,CCTV/Intercom. JUSTCOMPUTERSOLUTIONS.NET, JUSTCCTV.COM.NG
-We Build world Class Websites..Over 100 sites built! JUSTWEBSITES.COM.NG
Tel: 014536646,08023380324
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Uncletony(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2016
afonja guru, the rocket scientist has spoken!
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by 4Play(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2016
fmlala:
Nigerians hate to hear the bitter truth, Nigeria will surely come out of
recession, its just a matter of time.

Like saying Somalia will eventually come out of war (every human-induced phenomena has an end point). The question is: why subject ourselves to unnecessary suffering through ineffectual economic policies?

3 Likes

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by able20(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2016
TippyTop:

Same Bubu the recession man, is it coincidence that every time Bubu govern there's always
recession?

Buhari means Failure. Buhari=Recession: Fashola

2 Likes

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Jesusloveyou: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2016
TippyTop:

Same Bubu the recession man, is it coincidence that every time Bubu govern there's always recession?

why is it that his predecessors always empty the treasury before his coming,
You can as well ask why God always send him after every major robbery by his predecessors?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by tempel(m): 10:38am On Dec 21, 2016
I think this government is taking this country back to twenty years ago. More over is it only Lagos State that's in this country. Let them go to others state and hold this their useless meetings too. Correct me if......
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Carmal90(m): 10:39am On Dec 21, 2016
vodutive:

Buhari inherited a recession both times.

Buhari's misfortune is that he always comes in when Oil prices are low.

Buhari's misfortune is that he is always coming in to clean up someone else's mess.

That is signs of bad luck,my mum told me of the joy of Nigerians when he was overthrown by IBB, see I pray he will be defeated by 2019, Nigerians will declare three days public holiday for his loss

1 Like

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by adepa(f): 10:39am On Dec 21, 2016
Sad
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Jesusloveyou: 10:40am On Dec 21, 2016
fingistan:
Nigerians will always survive but APC will not in 2019.
Nigerians will always survived but iPods will not survived before 2019.

1 Like

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by krixik(m): 10:41am On Dec 21, 2016
Who plunged Nigerian economy into recession in that 80s? Still the same dullard.
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by ivandragon: 10:45am On Dec 21, 2016
TippyTop:

Buhari presided over the two recessions in our history, quite a feat.

did you notice that Fashola was trying so hard not to delve into that 1984 recession because it was PMB that was in charge then.

but the most 'concrete evidences' of how bad the recession was, were most obvious in the 1984 recession which he kept alluding to as examples...

shows PMB is surrounded not only by noisemakers, but also by bootlickers who are scared to tell him as it is...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Eldee54321(m): 10:47am On Dec 21, 2016
This our Minister relly sucks at taalking...we should work hard in which we are already doing n salaries are nt being paid...this is BULLSHIT..abeg talk another thing
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Jesusloveyou: 10:47am On Dec 21, 2016
Carmal90:

That is signs of bad luck,my mum told me of the joy of Nigerians when he was overthrown by IBB, see I pray he will be defeated by 2019, Nigerians will declare three days public holiday for his loss
you and others who did not mean well for this country will be the ones to celebrate if devils will succeed over God's will, which God will always forbid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2016
Carmal90:

Ironically the man who came after him in 1985 is the root of all the problems in Nigeria today. When you hear people tell you about the good ol days of Nigeria, they are refering to a time before IBB. So be careful what you wish for.

Buhari is a sincere man, that counts for a lot. He is making mistakes but he will get it right if given time. You cannot solve a problem that took decades to manifest in 4 years.

1 Like

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Carmal90(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2016
vodutive:

Ironically the man who came after him in 1985 is the root of all the problems in Nigeria today. When you hear people tell you about the good ol days of Nigeria, they are refering to a time before IBB. So be careful what you wish for.

Buhari is a sincere man, that counts for a lot. He is making mistakes but he will get it right if given time. You cannot solve a problem that took decades to manifest in 4 years.

Lies, there was widespread jubilation when buhari was overthrown, Nigeria decline started from buhari in 83-85,

Lies, buhari is not one percent sincere, or pls can u tell me what sincerity is pls?

1 Like

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Jesusloveyou: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2016
krixik:
Who plunged Nigerian economy into recession in that 80s? Still the same dullard.
who stole our money in the 80s and now before the recession

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Carmal90(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2016
vodutive:

Buhari is d most corrupt democratically elected president.
If buhari is sincere, that means GEJ is saint

1 Like

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 21, 2016
Carmal90:

Lies, there was widespread jubilation when buhari was overthrown, Nigeria decline started from buhari in 83-85,

Lies, buhari is not one percent sincere, or pls can u tell me what sincerity is pls?

I was around then, were you? I never said there wasn't jubilation, just as people are complaining and want him out now. What I said is be careful what you wish for.

What I sad is the problems of Nigeria today are down to Babangida. Words and phrases like "egunje" ,"settlemet", "anything for the boys", "we are loyal" entered the national pysche under IBB. Shey your mother said we were celebrating?...she is right but please go back and ask your mother when Nigerians started using these words, go back and ask her under whose regime did the average Nigerian become corrupt. Our biggest problem is corruption, IBB's legacy is that he made corruption part of the DNA of the average Nigerian.

If you vote out Buhari who is coming in ......Atiku? Atiku is IBB pert2. People keep making mistakes because they never learn from the past.

I am not a fan of Buhari as such, he is not the messiah but unless you give me somebody credible, that isn't part of the corrupt establishment and therefore compromised, I'd rather continue with Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by AfroBlue(m): 11:07am On Dec 21, 2016
Baba Fashola 2023 .... it is written wink
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by Wolef7(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2016
BRF is now more of a lecturer than a serving minister. undecided

We need improvement in power supply sir!
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by luizpele(m): 11:33am On Dec 21, 2016
pls tell d government to build industries create job employment and leave all d infrastructural stuff
Re: 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola by zaydocheme: 11:34am On Dec 21, 2016
nmreports:
People are suffering please and the reality is oblivious to those who are still able to get by.
Don't worry, freedom will come tommorrow.

The folks who are victims are:

1. The security guards at my office whose eye sockets are getting bigger daily.
2. The beggar with two kids who cant get someone to donate to her anymore.
3. The average contract bank marketer who cant take buses anymore and whose shoes are in tears.
4. The face-me-and-face-you occupant whose nightmare is how to make sure she buys chicken so neighbors dont look down at her.
5. The cleaner who cannot even afford his own meals anymore.
6. Parents who cannot afford Christmas clothing for their kids and have to recycle last years own.
7. MMM participants who had found solace in the scheme and are now anxious about the consequence of Jan 14.

These are the victims.

### Who has bought pack of juice and milk and milo lately. Even noodles... Things are costly and people are groaning.
It is sad that we are going through this as a nation
###

This Christmas is going to be my worst ever except there is intervention.

On the contrary folks, for insights into how different companies in Nigeria conduct their recruitment, visit: www.HRtechnique.com

You cannot afford to get into 2017 broke.

Fashola, we believed in you but what is going on?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians / Oyegun, El-rufai & Abubakar Visit Okorocha, Condemn Kano Killing / Jibril Playing Talking Drum On Sallah Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.