Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria (3585 Views)

Nigeria Ranks 136th In Corruption Perceptions Index 2016 / God Bless Saraki, See His Tweet About Southern Kaduna / What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2016
Have You Ever Been To The South?

If No. Give us a textual view of the south according to your own cognizance.

If Yes. State your perception about the south before and after your pop in. (visit)

Let's here the truth from you. No insult. No lies Please. The response should be from non southern indegenes.

Cc: QuotaSystem fiizznation MeAboki carinmom arewafederation omenka maryam6 rawani aminat508
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 21, 2016
We are waiting for Northerners that don't know how to use Internet. grin

www.nairaland.com/3530398/what-perception-northern-nigeria#52118688

12 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by CoolFreeday(m): 11:37am On Dec 21, 2016
FriendChoice:

If Yes. State your perception about the south before and after your pop in. (visit)

Let's here the truth from you. No insult. No lies Please. The response should be from non southern indegenes.

Cc: QuotaSystem fiizznation MeAboki carinmom arewafederation coolfreeday omenka maryam6 rawani aminat508

which part of the South. I schooled in South west and have visited South South and south east.

#Meanwhile am not a northern.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Bari22: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2016
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
FriendChoice:

Cc: QuotaSystem fiizznation MeAboki carinmom arewafederation omenka maryam6 rawani aminat508

Yes, been to Lagos a few times; on my 2nd attempt luckily escaped bullets of armed robbers from snatching our vehicle along Allen Avenue, never liked the town due to the chaotic and hussle ans bussle pace and lifestyle.

Also been to Edo, Benin but more in particular Irrhua and Ekpoma on holiday with a friend from that area, had fun and felt more at ease as there was a significant Muslim community there.

Briefly also been to Delta, Uguashuku (not sure of the spelling) to a friend's (a Hausa northerner's) wedding with a girl from that area and a 2nd time when another friend's father also married from there.

However, never been to the SS or SE due to the stories of crime and violence in general as well as hatred in particular against Muslims and northerners.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

Yes, been to Lagos a few times; on my 2nd attempt luckily escaped bullets of armed robbers from snatching our vehicle along Allen Avenue, never liked the town due to the chaotic and hussle ans bussle pace and lifestyle.

Also been to Edo, Benin but more in particular Irrhua and Ekpoma on holiday with a friend from that area, had fun and felt more at ease as there was a significant Muslim community there.

Briefly also been to Delta, Uguashuku (not sure of the spelling) to a friend's (a Hausa northerner's) wedding with a girl from that area and a 2nd time when another friend's father also married from there.

However, never been to the SS or SE due to the stories of crime and violence in general as well as hatred in particular against Muslims and northerners.

Hahaha. See twisting o.
So the enjoyment in the south is cos of the Muslim and northerners.

Cmon we all know the south is heaven to you lots.

At least there is no fear of getting beheaded because of one fake prophet.

PS I didn't mention any prophets name, but if you feel your prophet is fake, you're welcome.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Naijacitizen(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

I think it is only me who have this same feeling.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by 01emek(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

Is EDO , Benin , Ekpoma not in south south? And you claim not to have visited south-south ... mhen your Education is a waste ..

southeast is one of the best place to live in. how many time have you heard of riot in the east? or religious violence ?

my friend you need some exposure .

18 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
01emek:
Is EDO , Benin , Ekpoma not in south south? And you claim not to have visited south-south ... mhen your Education is a waste ..

southeast is one of the best play to live in. how many time have you heard of riot in the east? or religious violence ?

Don't mind that Muslim dude, he twists stories to fit his narrative.

15 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by KevinDein: 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:

Hahaha. See twisting o.

PS I didn't mention any prophets name, but if you feel your prophet is fake, you're welcome.
south is heaven to northerners? Then you definitely don't know anything about northerners or you are suffering from grandiose delusion.
I presently live in one of the southern cities and I'm hoping that my transfer application to the north goes through. Can't really wait to leave.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
KevinDein:
south is heaven to northerners? Then you definitely don't know anything about northerners or you are suffering from grandiose delusion.
I presently live in one of the southern cities and I'm hoping that my transfer application to the north goes through. Can't really wait to leave.

If so, then I guess it's because you can't stand all the "harams" going on. And since it's the south, you can't behead.

Drinking of beers and modelling comes to mind.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by KevinDein: 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:

If so, then I guess it's because you can't stand all the "harams" going on. And since it's the south, you can't behead.

Drinking of beers and modelling comes to mind.
you are genuinely ignorant and arrogant at the same time. I meet your likes every day over here and I've had just about enough of it.

Quite hellish to be living among your likes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by limeta(f): 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
KevinDein:

Oh my God we pray you leave soon.
To hell with the transfer leave today.
Cause soon we will be able to push you out if you don,t ve a visa.

12 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Cjrane2: 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
01emek:

southeast is one of the best play to live in. how many time have you heard of riot in the east? or religious violence ?

Abookis only say on the internet they hate the SS and SE.

But go to Enugu, Okigwe, aba or Onitsha and abookis have taken over the whole place inclufing okada business

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by 01emek(m): 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Cjrane2:

Abookis only say on the internet they hate the SS and SE.

But go to Enugu, Okigwe, aba or Onitsha and abookis have taken over the whole place inclufing okada business
lol even okada business ?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
01emek:

southeast is one of the best play to live in. how many time have you heard of riot in the east? or religious violence ? my friend you need some exposure .

Forgive my Geography, the time of my visit was a very long time ago, still in secondary school, when when Edo and Delta (Benin city and Ekpoma) were still part of the old Bendel state.

As for your assertion about the SE, I recall speaking of the crime and violence in general terms and subsequently making separate distinction in my reference to the hatred in particular of the locals to Muslims/northerners.
Now how you managed to equate that to mean religious violence is anybody's guess - talk of wasted education from someone who clearly cannot even comprehend a simple statement of a few lines. SMH.

And besides, if you had referred to the topic and the OP in particular you would have observed that he singled out a few of us and specifically invited us to relate our experiences and respective opinions about (our visits to) the south - which was exactly what I did; hope you now understand what experiences and opinions mean.

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
KevinDein:
you are genuinely ignorant and arrogant at the same time. I meet your likes every day over here and I've had just about enough of it.

Quite hellish to be living among your likes.

I knew it must be hell for you seeing all these "harams" and still managing, but Your blood isn't hot enough.

Keep quoting me and I'll make sure I get your Muslim blood so hot that you decapitate the next "infidel" you see.

grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:

Hahaha. See twisting o.

Well we know how you love to behead for other reasons - need I mention them, pls don't tempt me.
As for our supposed enjoyment and heaven in the south; so you want us to expose how we use your Olosho sisters and aunties as playtoys ba?

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

Well we know how you love to behead for other reasons - need I mention them, pls don't tempt me.

Please do, it's a free world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:

Please do, it's a free world.

Cannibalism, ritualism and political - BTW, check my earlier post, have modified it to inline with your insults.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
Naijacitizen:

I think it is only me who have this same feeling.

No, you are not alone my brother; how else can you explain why the SE and SS has the least number of northern settlers?

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

Cannibalism, ritualism and political - BTW, check my earlier post, have modified it to inline with your insults.

Hahahaha. I waited patiently for you to come up with this. So sir, or rather, Mallam, I ask, is that all?

Now let me educate you, all those things you mentioned are isolated crimes done in secret, which can happen anywhere in the world. It's a whole different thing from the ones done in the north boldly in broad say light with crowd supporters and also policemen of the north of course.

Committing a crime in secret proves that you know your people will not support you and will even give you out.

But beheading "infidels" in public with crowd supporters, marrying a toddler, declaring western education as haram, and other crimes approved by that fake prophet, all in full glare of the sun signifies tradition. It signifies culture. It signifies Sharia.

And it's just too bad.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by 01emek(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

Forgive my Geography, the time of my visit was a very long time ago, still in secondary school, when when Edo and Delta (Benin city and Ekpoma) were still part of the old Bendel state.

As for your assertion about the SE, I recall speaking of the crime and violence in general terms and subsequently making separate distinction in my reference to the hatred in particular of the locals to Muslims/northerners.
Now how you managed to equate that to mean religious violence is anybody's guess - talk of wasted education from someone who clearly cannot even comprehend a simple statement of a few lines. SMH.

And besides, if you had referred to the topic and the OP in particular you would have observed that he singled out a few of us and specifically invited us to relate our experiences and respective opinions about (our visits to) the south - which was exactly what I did; hope you now understand what experiences and opinions mean.
you have been pardoned for not knowing that Delta and Benin city are in the present day south-south.. but are you trying to say that you have no idea that there is nothing like "old bendel state " again . (my brother stop lying its new year)

when you talk about crime and violence in general terms , then the north should be ranked first, the north has it all. (pls learn to use your words wisely ) . And saying that the easterns hates the northerns is blatant lie and should be discarded with mediate alacrity. Because the east and the north are not on the same level in all phases of life. you only hate those better than you..

it's should be noted that the op did not create this thread for you and the rest he tagged , so stop feeling important.

I till insists you need some exposure before you could comment on issues like this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
Northerners are increasing every year in Benin city but they are hardworking tho.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by KevinDein: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:

I knew it must be hell for you seeing all these "harams" and still managing, but Your blood isn't hot enough.

Keep quoting me and I'll make sure I get your Muslim blood so hot that you decapitate the next "infidel" you see.

grin
the ignorant morroon thinks I'm a Muslim.... grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

never been to ss but you mentioned Edo and delta state......maybe the day is hot!!!!
Your head need rest

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:

Hahahaha. I waited patiently for you to come up with this. So sir, or rather, Mallam, I ask, is that all?

Now let me educate you, all those things you mentioned are isolated crimes done in secret, which can happen anywhere in the world. It's a whole different thing from the ones done in the north boldly in broad say light with crowd supporters and also policemen of the north of course.
Committing a crime in secret proves that you know your people will not support you and will even give you out.
But beheading "infidels" in public with crowd supporters, marrying a toddler, declaring western education as haram, and other crimes approved by that fake prophet, all in full glare of the sun signifies tradition. It signifies culture. It signifies Sharia.
And it's just too bad.

Let me ask you what could be more despicable, heinous and barbaric than not only killing but also eating your own kind - an act so horrible that even few wild animals engage in it; of course I am not surprised you are claiming it happens in isolated cases; the fact (which you are not denying) that it happens at at all is bad enough on its own.

And NO; cannibalism, eating of human beings for pleasure doesn't under normal circumstances just happen anywhere in the world but only only in pocket places - amongst them being your enclaves in the south.

As for public killings and cheering by the crowd; I can easily refer to yet again another benchmark of lynching and roasting alive suspected criminals after stripping them naked, both male and female (in front of children) that frequents the south in the name of jungle justice.

Have more evil acts to remind you of - just continue to tempt me.

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
KevinDein:
the ignorant morroon thinks I'm a Muslim.... grin

And nurture wins nature again. You're a product of your environment.

The Muslim environment definitely rubbed off in and on you.

Cheers.

And when did you say you're leaving again?

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
Bizibi:
never been to ss but you mentioned Edo and delta state......maybe the day is hot!!!!
Your head need rest

Opunu, have already addressed that issue in a subsequent post, if you had cared to read.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

Let me ask you what could be more despicable, heinous and barbaric than not only killing but also eating your own kind - an act so horrible that even few wild animals engage in it; of course I am not surprised you are claiming it happens in isolated cases; the fact (which you are not denying) that it happens at at all is bad enough on its own.

And NO; cannibalism, eating of human beings for pleasure doesn't under normal circumstances just happen anywhere in the world but only only in pocket places - amongst them being your enclaves in the south.

As for public killings and cheering by the crowd; I can easily refer to yet again another benchmark of lynching and roasting alive suspected criminals after stripping them naked, both male and female (in front of children) that frequents the south in the name of jungle justice.

Have more evil acts to remind you of - just continue to tempt me.

Yes I accepted that it happens because it's a crime done in secret without the support of anyone. Knowing ones fault and problem is the beginning of its solution. And it can happen anywhere in the world where there are people with mental issues.
I am sure you are painting off the whole South as cannibalistic because of one case that happened. But I'm not giving excuses and therefore, Yes I stand bold to say, just as countless number of other southerners have said, that it is bad bad bad. When someone does a bad thing, you call that person out and declare his or her act as bad.

I also want you to accept and declare the incessant killings in your North by you and your brothers, who are followers of a fake prophet, as bad.

Can you? Can your leaders do it? Can your president do it?
Do you even consider those terrorist acts as a problem? Do your leaders? Do your president?

PS there's a region known for making grilled meat ie ..suya.
And dear friend. There has been cases of people reporting that they were sold human flesh in place of beef. I guess that's southerners too? And I say cases in plural. Not just one single case of cannibalism that happened somewhere which you use to masturbate all over the thread.

9 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
01emek:

you have been pardoned for not knowing that Delta and Benin city are in the present day south-south.. but are you trying to say that you have no idea that there is nothing like "old bendel state " again . (my brother stop lying its new year)
when you talk about crime and violence in general terms , then the north should be ranked first, the north has it all. (pls learn to use your words wisely ) . And saying that the easterns hates the northerns is blatant lie and should be discarded with mediate alacrity. Because the east and the north are not on the same level in all phases of life. you only hate those better than you..
it's should be noted that the op did not create this thread for you and the rest he tagged , so stop feeling important.
I till insists you need some exposure before you could comment on issues like this.

You are apparently still having problems with your comprehension: pls tell me how could I be lying having already admitted to my error (note the absence of denial and even an apology) as well as giving the possible reasons to why, among them being: my youth, longevity of time and my poor geography - LOL, this is how you guys fail JAMB and still shout Buhari no get certificate.

Well as for the crime rate, I can't argue with your personal opinion which has nothing to do with the realities on ground; however, I do do know that I have no influence over the newspapers for frequently reporting the many examples of the plethora of crimes in the south being perpetrated by southerners - that alone should tell you something.

As for the lack of hate of northerners by easterners, well you are free to dwell in your own lies; in fact let me help you by saying that northerners have been feeling the warmth of your love as you have continually been doing so in your typical fashion in the various social media platforms e.g. the many threads here in this forum (hope you noted the sarcasm).

Admittedly the OP did not create the thread for me and a few alone; however, he did explicitly invited me to make specific comments; which you took exception to and decided to butt in with insults - for which you were equally paid back in the same coin, so learn to deal with it.

Finally, I also still insist that you need to do something about your poor comprehension or intellectual laziness - which ever fits.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria by basingstoke: 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
MeAboki:

Mallam, You have been to Edo and Delta state yet you have not been to south south. If I hear

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives Osun Again To Plead With Omisore / President Buhari Seen Sleeping In Russia (Photo) / Nnamdi Kanu Bans Nigeria Police & Army Patrols In Biafraland Villages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.