Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? (1607 Views)

Israel Awards Late Awolowo Certificate Of Excellence / 2018 Zik’s Prize Award: Hajiya Hadiza And The Reward Of Excellence / Lagos State: Filty, Dirty And Centre Of Excellence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 10:01am On Dec 21, 2016
Fellow Nigerians, the pictures you see below is a main round about in a local government area situated in Lagos state. This is a round about, situated in the government ever neglected Ikotun, Alimosho local government area, Lagos state. The fact that sites like these still exist in clear view in a state that prides itself as a center of excellense is shameful. Ikotun is not a hidden village in the boader towns of lagos, it is a popular and well populated area in lagos.

If i got my info correct, the present local government chairman of Alimosho local government area is Mr Jelili Suleman (please correct me if i am wrong), why is he not doing anything about this? I do not know who represents this area in state assembly, i really would have loved to mention his name here, because he seems not to be noticing this unexcellent filth.

Somthing should be done about this.

1 Like

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by 2undeee(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2016
APC no go want make this one make front page incase it does pls call to tell me

2 Likes

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Atiku2019: 10:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Trash Trucks should visit such areas... Lagos has the Most efficient Refuse disposal system in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by segebase(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
Aa
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Femich18(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
We have heard you... Lagos is the centre of Excellence for Sure but we know we still have got some flaws that is why we keep working to improve courtesy of our Government.
Lagos State have the best working Refuse Disposal System . Despite the population they are still working and cleaning the state always

8 Likes

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2016
Unbelievable !!. This is an eyesore.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Mojoy88(m): 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
So, just because of that Lagos is no longer the central of excellence. Lagos still has some dark sides, same as some other mega cities in the world. May be you needed to visit those areas 16 years ago. Abeg! Eko oni baje...

3 Likes

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by arushiuga(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
Lagos is a very depressing city. The pig smell, the traffic, the horrible odour. The roads are death traps. Any body who says eko ni baje dosen't know what spoil really means. Lagos stinks like a decomposing rat in the bedroom. Anyone who quotes me negatively is an idiot

3 Likes

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
OP it's just dirt that can be cleared in minutes. Didn't you even see the fine interlock on the floor?

In other news
Did you observe that Tinubu boycotted Zahra's wedding and
no one noticed? Choi!! The downfall of a man!!!

1 Like

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
One of my main reason for posting about this is because the area (ikotun) where this is located has been neglected by variouse administrations even to the present one. This per say is not really about Lagos but since this place is in lagos, it is about lagos and it's administration. That place should be cleaned up, if it would take lalasticlala putting this on front page for this to be achieved then so be it. This seems to be the only way our government listens.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:
OP it's just dirt that can be cleared in minutes. Didn't you even see the fine interlock on the floor?

In other news
Did you observe that Tinubu boycotted Zahra's wedding and
no one noticed? Choi!! The downfall of a man!!!

Why then should dirt be allowed to build up to that extent. It takes weeks and even months of neglect forvsuch amount of dirt to build up.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
booblacain:

Why then should dirt be allowed to build up to that extent. It takes weeks and even months of neglect forvsuch amount of dirt to build up.
Well I can't say anything else. You're right. But then did you observe what I observed about Tinubu being negligible?
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
Femich18:
We have heard you... Lagos is the centre of Excellence for Sure but we know we still have got some flaws that is why we keep working to improve courtesy of our Government.
Lagos State have the best working Refuse Disposal System . Despite the population they are still working and cleaning the state always

We all pray that those flaws will be improved upon cause it will favor all of us if eventually. Still leaving dirts to build up like that in the middle of a main round about (not even beside a road) is short of excellence and a evidence of an ineffective Refuse Disposal System and Local Government System. I do not know how you measure best but this is not best to me.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:

Well I can't say anything else. You're right. But then did you observe what I observed about Tinubu being negligible?

I did obverse that your observation does not help ikotun round-about's case.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Femich18(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2016
booblacain:

We all pray that those flaws will be improved upon cause it will favor all of us if eventually. Still leaving dirts to build up like that in the middle of a main round about (not even beside a road) is short of excellence and a evidence of an ineffective Refuse Disposal System and Local Government System. I do not know how you measure best but this is not best to me.
Yeah i got your point... The state governor can't be everywhere all the time... Many of us the inhabitants are not even helping matters... we do anything that pleases us all in the name that "nobody can do me anything"... Thanks for pointing it out... I'll send the pictures to a friend that works with LAWMA now
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by obinoral1179(m): 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2016
arushiuga:
Lagos is a very depressing city. The pig smell, the traffic, the horrible odour. The roads are death traps. Any body who says eko ni baje dosen't know what spoil really means. Lagos stinks like a decomposing rat in the bedroom. Anyone who quotes me negatively is an idiot
I want to ignore this post but I feel compel to enlighten you about lagos.

1 lagos house all manners of people, from the poor to the average and to the rich...

2 the populations in lagos should be a concern to the federal government, which makes me support the special status funding.

3 the occupant of lagos are the worst enemy of the state.

4 traffic is a must for a city like lagos, even london city experience traffic congestion too.

5 lagos will continue to prosper especially if the government in power as a cogent plan.

Fashola sanitize lagos, ambode is building roads am sure the next person coming in will do better...

2 Likes

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
booblacain:

I did obverse that your observation does not help ikotun round-about's case.

Either way is a way. Let's help your thread to see the sun. cheesy
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
Femich18:

Yeah i got your point... The state governor can't be everywhere all the time... Many of us the inhabitants are not even helping matters... we do anything that pleases us all in the name that "nobody can do me anything"... Thanks for pointing it out... [B]I'll send the pictures to a friend that works with LAWMA now[/b]

Good one bro. Though this fire brigade arrangement needs to stop, we need a system that runs itself effectively, not just in some parts of lagos but in all local governments in lagos.

1 Like

Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
ikennaf1:

Either way is a way. Let's help your thread to see the sun. cheesy

By derailing it?
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
booblacain:

By derailing it?
Nah, you sir, are doing the derailing job.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by dMODShavgonemad: 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Show me a perfect city and I'll show u that there's none. Even the new Yorks, London, etc have their slums. If u want to criticize, it should b reasonable.
That being said, which state in Nigeria are u from?
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
dMODShavgonemad:
Show me a perfect city and I'll show u that there's none. Even the new Yorks, London, etc have their slums. If u want to criticize, it should b reasonable.
That being said, which state in Nigeria are u from?

And what is unreasonable about the criticism of heaps of dirt in the center of a round about. This thread is not about the existence or none existence of slums. By the way, New York and London do not heaps of dirts right in the center of thier round abouts, not even in their slums.

By the way we should talking about how that dirt can be cleard and how to prevent its reoccurrence rather than coming here to remind me about slums.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by dMODShavgonemad: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
booblacain:

And what is unreasonable about the criticism of heaps of dirt in the center of a round about. This thread is not about the existence or none existence of slums. By the way, New York and London do not heaps of dirts right in the center of thier round abouts, not even in their slums.

By the way we should talking about how that dirt can be cleard and how to prevent its reoccurrence rather than coming here to remind me about slums.
With the title of your thread I don't think that's ur intention
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Ajibel(m): 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
^^ I concur. The title of the thread is like a sneer or smack on Lagos face. The OP's intention is not pure but anyway it can be overlooked for the sake of putting the place in order because it is an eyesore.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by moufan: 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
what's the meaning of this useless and baseless thread?
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by booblacain(m): 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
The choice of title was a wrong one and I have gone ahead to retitle it if only that would make my intentions clearer.
Re: This should not be in a Center Of Excellence? by Sweetguy25: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
Atiku2019:
Trash Trucks should visit such areas... Lagos has the Most efficient Refuse disposal system in Nigeria.

How does Lagos have the most efficient refuse disposal in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

FBI Partners With Nigeria Gov To Shut Down MMM / Hausa Man Contesting For Councillor In Ebonyi State. Nigerians React (photos) / New Audio Calling For Genocide Against Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.