Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria (14950 Views)

Nigeria Breweries Enter Guiness Book Of Records With Largest Poster / Ice Prince E.l.i Album Launch Concert In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by obiem(m): 9:05am On Nov 18, 2009
Alxmyr:

Timi is a House On The Rock choir member before he became West Africa Idol. He was a member of Potter's Treasure, that is the Heritage House, House on the Rock, Port Harcourt. His Pastor is Pastor Lanre Oluseye.
As for Nikki Laoye, she is the choir director of House on the Rock, Lagos (the head quarter church). She got her musical prowess being the leader of the choir and took over from Sammie Okposu after he left as the director of the choir.

Well alxmyr tanx 4 the info about Timi, didn't know all dat. But i expected his first effort to be gospel since he's a serious church guy(except if he wasn't). Artistes like Buchi, Eben, Samsong are in my opinion better than Timi and Nikki Laoye. But i can understand the House on the rock connection sha.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by Ben13: 9:15am On Nov 18, 2009
yam:

THIS IS NOT WORLD LARGEST GOSPEL CONCERT

It is!

Check the history and know the population that attends every year.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by jayflex: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2009
while some people will attend the experience and by faith really ''experience'' God and his goodness some people will forever fall prey to the devil and talk about ''prosperity pastors'' and all that nonsense. without faith you cant please God so to those who dont want to praise God and be blessed dont be used to douse the enthusiasm of others with your words!!!
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by Nezan(m): 10:57am On Nov 18, 2009
^^ Yeah, there!
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by chosen04(f): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2009
yam:

THIS IS NOT WORLD LARGEST GOSPEL CONCERT

Pls if you know of another pls share the info with us.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by 1success: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2009
check this out if you are in europe

Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by chosen04(f): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
OAM4J:

To be lost in the spirit, is a state of being overwhelmed in deep worship, when you loose consciousness of realities around you; worries, desires and issues that clouds the hearts of men and you are totally focused in appreciating God’s majesty, sometimes with tears, kneeling down, rolling on the floor or just being still as if you are all alone with God.

It takes someone who has been there to understand it…. I know what she is talking about.

GBAM!=========WORDS JUST CANT EXPLAIN IT!
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by kingchild(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
it very important to worship GOD in the beauty of His holiness

mind you it's also gainful for us to keep shut from issues we know nothing about as to whether or what gospel musicial are doing are right or not who is to sing gospel and who is to not.
greatest gathering of people or angels.

can you remember the story of David and one woman when he almost went naked showing GOD his appreciation?

her comments and the aftermath?

incase you do not know, she was the only barren woman that died BARREN in the BIBLE.

WATCH YA MOUTH , IT CAN COST YOU YOUR LIFE.

you are warned.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by chosen04(f): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
king-child:

WATCH YA MOUTH , IT CAN COST YOU YOUR LIFE.

you are warned.

I agree with your warning. But i strongly believe that you will sleeping while writing/arriving at your points. Thus, there is the need for you to WAKE UP to reality.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mikeoscar: 12:26am On Nov 19, 2009
This is bad timing for the promoters of this bazaar. A lot of sales were made in the last year edition and huge income realised. But the biting economic meltdown may not make this particular enterprise a commercial success this year. The customers are certainly going to be fewer and they will be gunning for hard bargaining in their offerings. I think the promoters of this bazaar need a reputable financial consultant highly skilled in revenue generation to make it a commercial success, and achieve the overriding objective. I suggest Olusola Adekanola & co. Otherwise, it will be a harrowing experience for the promoters.

You Shady deal, you are obviously one of the reasons why many people say "if you want to hide a secret from a black man put it in a book".
If you want to know what this is all about, pls go to www.theexperiencelagos.com for the umpteenth time Shady deal, The experience is a time of worship in the presence of God and for four years running it's been free to the Public. Pastor Paul Adefarasin and the House on the Rock church family have solely borne the cost. This year over a hundred and twenty Gospel artists (Instrumentalist, singers, sight and sound men and women) will be in attendance to be a blessing to probably over 450,000 people in attendance. People are coming from  the U.K., the U.S.Africa and from other continents.

In the past three years as far as I know people have pressed Pastor Paul to make the materials available but House on the Rock refused to do so because of copy rights law and for reason of personal integrity.The materials are not even in circulation in His Church.  He personally told me and a few friends when He visited Dallas the last time that  when God told him to stage the Experience it was pretty heavy to think of all the bills, responsibilities and planning House on the Rock will have to put in and not charge a dime for it but He obeyed and we are all happy He did. Today, I can confidently say, I am travelling down to Lagos with my family and a few Christian Leaders for my second consecutive Experience just because one man obeyed God to the latter and here you are mocking yourself.

If you live in Lagos, come with a pure heart and enjoy the presence of God free!! No merchandising , no hiden cost to public. All we need is covet your prayers (if you are a believer) that God will use this medium to Glorify himself, Edify His Church and Terrify the devil! If you don't fit-in here ignore the post and just move on to another thread on business and sell/advertise your ignorance there
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mikeoscar: 1:00am On Nov 19, 2009
Quote from: Alxmyr on November 17, 2009, 07:55 PM
Timi is a House On The Rock choir member before he became West Africa Idol. He was a member of Potter's Treasure, that is the Heritage House, House on the Rock, Port Harcourt. His Pastor is Pastor Lanre Oluseye.
As for Nikki Laoye, she is the choir director of House on the Rock, Lagos (the head quarter church). She got her musical prowess being the leader of the choir and took over from Sammie Okposu after he left as the director of the choir.

Pal You are right on the first half the story, The one on Timi is very correct as for Nike(Nikki) Laoye, She is NOT Choir Director in House on the Rock, She is a lead singer, I just spoke with Rev. Jackson Tugbe and Nike herself a few hours ago. By the way, Sammy is back in the House on the Rock and has been leading  the Choir,Chosen treasure but He is not a special artist this year as He's been very busy touring Europe and has to keep to some commitment within that period but will make it to the Experience on that day so  will not have enough time to prepare the Choir, instead Minister Lionel Petersen and Abraham Laboriel will help prepare the Choir.

Well alxmyr tanx 4 the info about Timi, didn't know all dat. But i expected his first effort to be gospel since he's a serious church guy(except if he wasn't). Artistes like Buchi, Eben, Samsong are in my opinion better than Timi and Nikki Laoye. But i can understand the House on the rock connection sha.

First, errmmmm, you know, Timi even after idol would have gone the way of Omawumi and the rest but when the seed of the word is sown it keeps pulling you and it's a matter of time. I hear He's stepped-up his commitment in Church. I have known Timi from P.H. church since 2000 when He sang in Chosen Treasure when I was still in P.H. these were the days when He was not even any idol, He sang off key and rarely led songs. He is a hugely talented brother and He knows that it has to be God for him to be where He is today. The Other fellow, Eric also sings in the House on the Rock Chosen Treasure choir.

My response to the other issue of "House on the Rock connection", , I am in good authority to tell you that there was no house on the Rock connection because this is not a competition to showcase talents, ask these other guys you mentioned and you will be told how often they have been invited to house on the Rock at the branch churches or headquaters to minister but this is the very FIRST time that Pastor is futuring more than one  Singer from the House just to appreciate the in-house ministers and help them prepare for upcoming project. I don't think it's a question of who is good or who is more spiritual . Let's learn to appreciate all afterall if they don't get called this year they might make it next year. We might not know the details of why they were not called but it is not their entitlement not even Nike, Timi, Mike Aremu or Lara George. Please pray for them all to excel. The devil must not distract us, we are a family no matter what divide you belong doctrinally. Be blessed.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mikeoscar: 1:15am On Nov 19, 2009
sorry o the person who said there were banging girls at parks was it the organisers or the performing act you saw doing dat or 9ja boys like urself.abegi.no point

Brother, when you are in a forum like this expect people who are special assignment from the devil to try to minimise what God is doing, just ignore them if you can properly discern them. If they need counselling or some englightenment then give them some word otherwise, it's not worth it. My challenge is with those who claim to be believers/Christians and are tackling fellow brethren down and axphixiating  them to death with all this horribly  disturbing comments I find here.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by sodconfirm: 1:35am On Nov 19, 2009
They will never hold a concert that will house the homeless, cloth the naked, feed the hungry and yet the proclaim the gospel of Christ. Bleep it
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mbulela: 7:39am On Nov 19, 2009
sodconfirm:

They will never hold a concert that will house the homeless, cloth the naked, feed the hungry and yet the proclaim the gospel of Christ. mess it

all these ignorant comments are irksome.
So until all the homeless and hungry in the world are clothed, churches will not hold worship concerts again?
Have you tried to find out what House on the rock does for the hungry, naked and homeless?
rather than spouting all these simplistic ignorant comments try and see what Freedom Foundation is doing.
There are loads of Christian organisations doing the will of the Master in that regard.There is no law in Nigerian constitution that says it must be publicized through the media.
I know of countless Christian organisations that host free medicals, provide clothings and even run schools in hinter lands in this country while running evangelical outreaches.Some of those organisations are fully funded by some churches.
there is a lot wrong with the church in Nigeria but they are trying although a lot more can be done.
That does not mean that worship concerts will be postponed until all the poor and hungry are catered for.
Even with all his wealth, there were still poor and hungry in Solomon's time.

by the way, i am not and will not be a member of The house on the Rock but the truth must be told.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mikeoscar: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
all these ignorant comments are irksome.
So until all the homeless and hungry in the world are clothed, churches will not hold worship concerts again?
Have you tried to find out what House on the rock does for the hungry, naked and homeless?
rather than spouting all these simplistic ignorant comments try and see what Freedom Foundation is doing.
There are loads of Christian organisations doing the will of the Master in that regard.There is no law in Nigerian constitution that says it must be publicized through the media.
I know of countless Christian organisations that host free medicals, provide clothings and even run schools in hinter lands in this country while running evangelical outreaches.Some of those organisations are fully funded by some churches.
there is a lot wrong with the church in Nigeria but they are trying although a lot more can be done.
That does not mean that worship concerts will be postponed until all the poor and hungry are catered for.
Even with all his wealth, there were still poor and hungry in Solomon's time.

by the way, i am not and will not be a member of The house on the Rock but the truth must be told.

@Mbulela,
You already made the all important point. I wonder why you feel you owe the fellow an explanation about your denomination. This is the biggest problem with the Church, why are we quick to put the denominal lines ahead even when we are not under any pressure to do so. Shouldn't we be one United BODY, One LORD, One FAITH,one BAPTISM to the glory of God, Knowing that at His appearance there will be no this or that denomination or who has the largest church or who spoke in tongues or who didn't or who preached or who prophesied as long as we stayed united and focus on our calling and ultimately on Jesus that's all that matters.

Secondly, House on the Rock is not organising The Experience for Just House on the Rock folks or Christians, It is a Worship Experience for all who will come or who dare believe God can use the medium to meet them at the point of their needs. These folks put in a lot of Prayers and 21 days fastings, Time, Money and sacrifice a lot each year and all I expect other belivers to do is PRAY, PRAY and PRAY for them, because if it fails we all as His Church fail. Let the hand not say I'm not the leg, or the head etc and so I am not part of the Body. We are indeed one body in christ.

thirdly, you were spot on to speculate Possibility of House on the Rock doing stuff for the Home-less and hungry. Let me acquaint the fellow you were addressing (and you too if you don't mind) about care for hungry, naked and destitute. As you rightly  said many churches are doing it and don't have to invite the press. See, even if we do with the right motive, the world and haters will still see something wrong with it.

House on the Rock has been empowering a lot of people. Last year they bought Motor bikes for some former Area boys(now called Jesus boys), most of them have been gainfully employed, Boreholes have been drilled in immediate communities around Onikan, There is the Prison ministry where the church have been providing legal representation to help free many who are unjustly languishing in jail plus last year House on the Rock Provided A brand new vehicle to the prison officials support the prison logistics.
They have Ministries like Benevolence/care where they pay rents, provide food stuff and cloth people who will come forward with such issue. There are kids of non church members  on scholarship sponsored by House on the rock. This is to mention but a few. Please you are free to call at the church office or Muson centre on Sunday . This is my home Church in Nigeria and I can't tell you what those branches in diaspora are doing , not to sound like a debate. Again this is for the education of the guy who threw in that senseless one liner and not you. Be blessed.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by azeeza(f): 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Java love

your view is always different,people are talking praising God u were talking about wat is nt in the book of life. grin.REPENT 4 THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.abi no so una talk am cheesy
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by azeeza(f): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Java love

your view is always different,people are talking  about praising God u were talking about wat is nt in the book of life. grin.REPENT 4 THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.abi no so una talk am cheesy
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by akings100: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
I hope and wish DEKUNLE FUJI won't feature this year. His last performance was nothing but a big flop. Is it compulsory every body must sing?
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by Vicboya(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2009
Hey guy type wat u knw.Tim Dakolo is a christian.He sang while on campus,he ws a CFI(christian fellowshp intl) 2 d bone while on campus.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mbulela: 7:36am On Nov 20, 2009
so he will not just assume that i was defending HOTR because i am a member of the congregation.
mike oscar:

@Mbulela,
[b]You already made the all important point. I wonder why you feel you owe the fellow an explanation about your denomination. This is the biggest problem with the Church, why are we quick to put the denominal lines ahead even when we are not under any pressure to do so. Shouldn't we be one United BODY, One LORD, One FAITH,one BAPTISM to the glory of God, Knowing that at His appearance there will be no this or that denomination or who has the largest church or who spoke in tongues or who didn't or who preached or who prophesied as long as we stayed united and focus on our calling and ultimately on Jesus that's all that matter[/b]s.

Secondly, House on the Rock is not organising The Experience for Just House on the Rock folks or Christians, It is a Worship Experience for all who will come or who dare believe God can use the medium to meet them at the point of their needs. These folks put in a lot of Prayers and 21 days fastings, Time, Money and sacrifice a lot each year and all I expect other belivers to do is PRAY, PRAY and PRAY for them, because if it fails we all as His Church fail. Let the hand not say I'm not the leg, or the head etc and so I am not part of the Body. We are indeed one body in christ.

thirdly, you were spot on to speculate Possibility of House on the Rock doing stuff for the Home-less and hungry. Let me acquaint the fellow you were addressing (and you too if you don't mind) about care for hungry, naked and destitute. As you rightly  said many churches are doing it and don't have to invite the press. See, even if we do with the right motive, the world and haters will still see something wrong with it.

House on the Rock has been empowering a lot of people. Last year they bought Motor bikes for some former Area boys(now called Jesus boys), most of them have been gainfully employed, Boreholes have been drilled in immediate communities around Onikan, There is the Prison ministry where the church have been providing legal representation to help free many who are unjustly languishing in jail plus last year House on the Rock Provided A brand new vehicle to the prison officials support the prison logistics.
They have Ministries like Benevolence/care where they pay rents, provide food stuff and cloth people who will come forward with such issue. There are kids of non church members  on scholarship sponsored by House on the rock. This is to mention but a few. Please you are free to call at the church office or Muson centre on Sunday . This is my home Church in Nigeria and I can't tell you what those branches in diaspora are doing , not to sound like a debate. Again this is for the education of the guy who threw in that senseless one liner and not you. Be blessed.

Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by asunaobi(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2009
My advice guyz! If you have made up your mind to go, Please watch your pocket. If you know you wont be alert enough to do that, then wear trouser and shirt with no pockets. Jesus fed people when they went to listen to His preachings but this days pastors and so called men of God (self imposed) steal from their poor followers. My father was one of them when he was alive! I love him and may his soul rest in peace but I never liked his practices.

The most important thing in life to me, is for someone to sit down in a very quiet place and ask yourself whom you are? No matter your status, how rich, poor, educated, illitrate(person who was denied the opportunity for education), you will always notice in your life that there is something missing. That thing missing is your personal relationship with God. What I am trying to say here is that that your personal relationship with God is FREE!

We should all remember that Jesus Christ gave it free to us and so shall it.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mikeoscar: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2009
My advice guyz! If you have made up your mind to go, Please watch your pocket. If you know you wont be alert enough to do that, then wear trouser and shirt with no pockets. Jesus fed people when they went to listen to His preachings but this days pastors and so called men of God (self imposed) steal from their poor followers. My father was one of them when he was alive! I love him and may his soul rest in peace but I never liked his practices.

The most important thing in life to me, is for someone to sit down in a very quiet place and ask yourself whom you are? No matter your status, how rich, poor, educated, illitrate(person who was denied the opportunity for education), you will always notice in your life that there is something missing. That thing missing is your personal relationship with God. What I am trying to say here is that that your personal relationship with God is FREE!

We should all remember that Jesus Christ gave it free to us and so shall it.

@Asunaobi,

What exactly is your point sir!

That pastors will steal from you, or pick your pocket or that the Organisers will take an offering or that you are just upset with Church leadership because of your personal experiences, really I can help you and no pun intended?? We can even discuss outside this forum if you don't mind.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by OBVIOUS(m): 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
As always---- Illiterate Christians trying to INSTILL FEAR in people.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by asunaobi(m): 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
The point is very clear! take away money making from the church. The number of these noise makers will disappear. Did'nt Jesus Christ fore warned us. I was in Nigeria sometime and I saw how fraudsters were investing in the Church. They should better go around with their acquired wealth and help the orphans and starving children across Nigeria, Africa and the world. I know one Church in Nigeria now, the pastor of which you people respect so much, who have fleets of cars but his second in charge pastor had none.

If you are a pastor and you are rich please forget about heaven, because you have been rewarded here on earth. I am as wise as the serpent when it comes to my personal relationship with God.

Anyway, thats my opinion. There is nothing wrong in going to crusade if that can help anyone to build up faith, but when it comes to donation, give nothing. Take your money home and look around you, there must be someone that needs the money more than these pastors.

All these people do is to hang up peoples hope somewhere and people tend to believe that God will come and help them when they are lazy. We want people to be encouraged, We want people to be loved, We want people to have equal and fair opportunity. We want people to live in clean, organised and decent environment.

Well, educated christian put your pastor across to me and I will have a chat with him/her. All I can tell you is that some have eyes but cannot see!
OBVIOUS:

Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mikeoscar: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2009
The point is very clear! take away money making from the church. The number of these noise makers will disappear. Did'nt Jesus Christ fore warned us. I was in Nigeria sometime and I saw how fraudsters were investing in the Church. They should better go around with their acquired wealth and help the orphans and starving children across Nigeria, Africa and the world. I know one Church in Nigeria now, the pastor of which you people respect so much, who have fleets of cars but his second in charge pastor had none.

If you are a pastor and you are rich please forget about heaven, because you have been rewarded here on earth. I am as wise as the serpent when it comes to my personal relationship with God.

Anyway, thats my opinion. There is nothing wrong in going to crusade if that can help anyone to build up faith, but when it comes to donation, give nothing. Take your money home and look around you, there must be someone that needs the money more than these pastors.

All these people do is to hang up peoples hope somewhere and people tend to believe that God will come and help them when they are lazy. We want people to be encouraged, We want people to be loved, We want people to have equal and fair opportunity. We want people to live in clean, organised and decent environment.

Well, educated christian put your pastor across to me and I will have a chat with him/her. All I can tell you is that some have eyes but cannot see!
Quote from: OBVIOUS on Yesterday at 03:51:07 PM

@Asunaobi,
O.k. you're hurting real bad and allowing yourself to be eaten-up by your past Experiences that you won't even pay attention to the thread before posting. Do you now realise why Obvious labelled you Illitrate Christian?

The best you could have done was Post a topic and start a different thread on your subject like "Hey don't give Money to Pastors", "Don't pay tithes, don't give offerings in Church". "Keep all your Money, Get all you can, Can all you get and Sit on the Can, load a gun so if any body comes to ask you to give to God Blow them off", how about that??

Listen Son, the Experience Worship gathering is FREE [color=#990000][/color]to the Public and There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with a pastor taking offerings at a crusade ground or a concert if that's what the Lord lays on the Pastor's heart. TheExperience have ran for three years now and I'm not sure the Organisers have asked for any offerings on any of those occasion so what's all these ignorance you keep displaying here, haba!

Please keep your Money but don't come here to bewitch people with your Poverty mentality.Incase you don't know POVERTY IS NOT = SPIRITUALITY.

BTW even if you get that drunk in your ignorance don't ever tell anybody to put their pastors to you so you can have a chat, so you can insult pastors beyond what you are doing now?

You need a serious heart check because You can't progress with this much hate and hurts you're carrying i bet you. I told you before, If you want us to talk outside this forum, I can help you get to the root of this bitterness you can mail me at mikeoscar26@yahoo.com. You couldn't have been raised by a pastor Dad nd have this much hate for Pastors, something wrong somewhere, let's talk please.God can heal any situation!
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by ekzell: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2009
this is a party miracle crusade.bt can't dy bring J moss.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by asunaobi(m): 12:05am On Nov 22, 2009
O.k. you're hurting real bad and allowing yourself to be eaten-up by your past Experiences that won't even pay attention to the thread before posting. Do you now realise why Obvious labelled you Illitrate Christian?

The best you could have done was Post a topic and start a different thread on your subject like "Hey don't give Money to Pastors", "Don't pay tithes, don't give offerings in Church". "Keep all your Money, Get all you can, Can all you get and Sit on the Can, load a gun so if any body comes to ask you to give to God Blow them off", how about that??

Listen Son, the Experience Worship gathering is FREE to the Public and There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with a pastor taking offerings at a crusade ground or a concert if that's what the Lord lays on the Pastor's heart.

Please keep your Money but don't come here to bewitch people with your Poverty mentality.Incase you don't know POVERTY IS NOT = SPIRITUALITY.

BTW even if you get that drunk in your ignorance don't ever tell anybody to put their pastors to you so you can have a chat, so you can insult pastors beyond what you are doing now?

You need a serious heart check because You can't progress with this much hate and hurts you're carrying i bet you. I told you before, If you want us to talk outside this forum, I can help you get to the root of this bitterness you can mail me at mikeoscar26@yahoo.com. You couldn't have been raised by a pastor Dad nd have this much hate for Pastors, something wrong somewhere, let's talk please.God can heal any situation!

Honestly, people like you makes me feel like throwing out! Infact I dont blame you much anyway. I blame our leaders for failing to educate and enlighten our people. I dont really mean academics here because you can be a proffessor and still dont get it. I may sound to have some hatred in me but to tell you the truth, it is more of the concern I have for most brain washed black africans like you. Every whiteman, Asian, Arab, etc on the road knows whom they are and are ready to die defending that.

If whiteman changes the way christianity is being practiced tomorrow, people like you will follow them suit and change. Infact, that is happening now. Marriage in the church is now between 'Adam and Steve' instead of 'Adam and Eve'. My question to you educated Christian, do you really know how pentecostal churches started and the main reasons behind it?

There is no pastor in Nigeria who will come out and tell me that there is spirit of God in Nigeria. What I know about God is that His spirit does not exist in an evil chaotic environment.

Crusades are more of a way of looking for church members than preaching the real word of God because the more people you have in your church the more money you make.

I am praying to God to heal you of all the brain whitewash that has been bestowed on you and open your eyes to see your real self and how God made you to be.

How on earth can God of the universe lay in your filthy heart to be collecting money from poor Nigerians to enrich yourself in a your crusade. If you love God so much take public transport around Nigeria and spread His gospel. Lagos is already flooded with churches.

I have a poverty mentality because I am very poor, there is nothing wrong in that. Remember Jesus Christ did'nt come from a royal family neither was Him born in big flashy hospital. Please now that you know that I am very poor, can you practice what you preach? CAN YOU PLEASE SEND SOME MONEY TO ME I AM REALLY STARVING?

My final advice to you, GET A JOB! ENOUGH OF THESE MOCKERY OF GOD.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by mikeoscar: 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2009
O.k. you're hurting real bad and allowing yourself to be eaten-up by your past Experiences that won't even pay attention to the thread before posting. Do you now realise why Obvious labelled you Illitrate Christian?

Listen Son, the Experience Worship gathering is FREE to the Public and There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with a pastor taking offerings at a crusade ground or a concert if that's what the Lord lays on the Pastor's heart.

Honestly, people like you makes me feel like throwing out! Infact I dont blame you much anyway. I blame our leaders for failing to educate and enlighten our people. I dont really mean academics here because you can be a proffessor and still dont get it. I may sound to have some hatred in me but to tell you the truth, it is more of the concern I have for most brain washed black africans like you. Every whiteman, Asian, Arab, etc on the road knows whom they are and are ready to die defending that.

If whiteman changes the way christianity is being practiced tomorrow, people like you will follow them suit and change. Infact, that is happening now. Marriage in the church is now between 'Adam and Steve' instead of 'Adam and Eve'. My question to you educated Christian, do you really know how pentecostal churches started and the main reasons behind it?

There is no pastor in Nigeria who will come out and tell me that there is spirit of God in Nigeria. What I know about God is that His spirit does not exist in an evil chaotic environment.

Crusades are more of a way of looking for church members than preaching the real word of God because the more people you have in your church the more money you make.

I am praying to God to heal you of all the brain whitewash that has been bestowed on you and open your eyes to see your real self and how God made you to be.

How on earth can God of the universe lay in your filthy heart to be collecting money from poor Nigerians to enrich yourself in a your crusade. If you love God so much take public transport around Nigeria and spread His gospel. Lagos is already flooded with churches.

I have a poverty mentality because I am very poor, there is nothing wrong in that. Remember Jesus Christ did'nt come from a royal family neither was Him born in big flashy hospital. Please now that you know that I am very poor, can you practice what you preach? CAN YOU PLEASE SEND SOME MONEY TO ME I AM REALLY STARVING?

My final advice to you, GET A JOB! ENOUGH OF THESE MOCKERY OF GOD.

I have tried everything within my capacity to re-align your thoughts. I now believe that as far as this Post is concerned you are completely "irredeemable". I however wonder really if any body can have an intelligent conversation with you let alone engage in an arguement. You can't seem to stay focused on the issue at hand. You are obviously too seriously haunted by your past hurts that you do not want to move forward. Just to remind you again, The Experience Worship concert cost a HUGE amount of Money  and other resources to stage but It is ABSOLUTELY  FREE and the organisers have NEVER called for a donation or an offering or gone to rip people's pockets to steal their Monies, don't you get it!!

You have gone on and on about Crusade and Money in your little  mind and Myopic perspective condemned everything that is crusade and GIVING for the work of the Ministry. I have told you for the gazillion times that there's nothing wrong with raising money or taking offering in a crusade ground if the organisers have instruction from God to do so. My concern with you childish reasoning in this whole matter is that you are passing judgement on people you didn't call. People you don't give to and hoping that God will endorse your charge against pastors because you have generally assumed that they are robbing the individuals who give.

That Jesus wasn't born into earthly Royalty does not make him poor. Get it into your Religious mind son, Jesus wasn't poor! He only became poor so you might be rich. His wish is that above all things that YOU (Asunaobi) may PROSPER and(plus) be in GOOD HEALTH even as your SOUL Prospers. What a balance we see here.

A man who fed 5000 ,  7000 poor, A man who kept 12 able bodied professionals in His team for over 3 years Poor? A man who paid tax and never owed anybody poor?. A man who has cattles in a thousand hills and yet does not eat suya or hamburger poor, i can go on and on?

My friend I am glad you said that was your last word to me, I have invited you to mail me and tell me your real beaf with pastors because your father will be very sad to hear you talk like this if He were here. 

Did you say i should go get a job, well thank you but I have broken the back of poverty and I will never be poor another day, so? Just to let you know that I am not into JESUS because of what I get I just love him and serve him for who He is. Yet I have never gone hungry one day. It this sort of presumptions that makes you think we all want to steal from you. How do you know I don't have a job yet you're already concluding, very un-intelligent i beg.
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by asunaobi(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2009
Listen educated Christian, there is a saying that 'Pride goes before a fall'.. I have read about great kingdoms and I have also read about how they crumbled. I have been opportuned in my life to associate myself with humans, people like you call rich and wealthy and I know their pains, and I also know their wishes. Maybe God wants to use this medium to re-position your mind and your understanding of life.

Initially, you offered to help me which now I highly appreciated, but hang on! I just realised that you needed that help more than I do. I have been trying to extract to know from all your postings, the type of character are you. Not suprisingly, you fall within those Nigerians who still sing the old national anthem. But please dont shiver about this, you can be helped! All along I noticed that you have been struggling to let me know how rich or how succesful you are. I knew you gonna say it. Please keep it with you, I am not that type because it makes no sense to me.

My question to you again is, do you think that it is a wise thing to say that 'YOU HAVE BROKEN THE BACK OF POVERTY, YOU WILL NEVER BE POOR ANOTHER DAY' . Personally I have not seen anyone who has done that, but one day in your sick bed, your self pride and ego will be humbled. That day you will remember what I am exactly telling you now. Life is full of surprises and shocks, when you think it is ok, it may not be ok. That is why a wise person seeks more of spiritual things than physical, because spiritual things you take away with you but physical you leave behind.

What I meant by you getting a job is to do more meaningful things with your life than closing and opening your eyes and telling people God wants them to do contribution for you. I am glad that God is using me to re-position your mind and thinking. I know it is very hard on my on part but God have used me to do even more harder jobs than this. My only happiness in this is the end result after I have finished the work I was sent to do. I see people change from worse to best and they come out very humble, caring, considerate, happy, confident and above all appreciative of wherever they have seen themselves in life.

I hope all these will help and please do not hesitate to continue with this if you need more help. Alternatively, you can get my email from my profile if you want to go private. MAY THE TRUE LIGHT OF GOD SHINE UPON YOU! AMEN.

mike oscar:

I have tried everything within my capacity to re-align your thoughts. I now believe that as far as this Post is concerned you are completely "irredeemable". I however wonder really if any body can have an intelligent conversation with you let alone engage in an arguement. You can't seem to stay focused on the issue at hand. You are obviously too seriously haunted by your past hurts that you do not want to move forward. Just to remind you again, The Experience Worship concert cost a HUGE amount of Money  and other resources to stage but It is ABSOLUTELY  FREE and the organisers have NEVER called for a donation or an offering or gone to rip people's pockets to steal their Monies, don't you get it!!

You have gone on and on about Crusade and Money in your little  mind and Myopic perspective condemned everything that is crusade and GIVING for the work of the Ministry. I have told you for the gazillion times that there's nothing wrong with raising money or taking offering in a crusade ground if the organisers have instruction from God to do so. My concern with you childish reasoning in this whole matter is that you are passing judgement on people you didn't call. People you don't give to and hoping that God will endorse your charge against pastors because you have generally assumed that they are robbing the individuals who give.

That Jesus wasn't born into earthly Royalty does not make him poor. Get it into your Religious mind son, Jesus wasn't poor! He only became poor so you might be rich. His wish is that above all things that YOU (Asunaobi) may PROSPER and(plus) be in GOOD HEALTH even as your SOUL Prospers. What a balance we see here.

A man who fed 5000 ,  7000 poor, A man who kept 12 able bodied professionals in His team for over 3 years Poor? A man who paid tax and never owed anybody poor?. A man who has cattles in a thousand hills and yet does not eat suya or hamburger poor, i can go on and on?

My friend I am glad you said that was your last word to me, I have invited you to mail me and tell me your real beaf with pastors because your father will be very sad to hear you talk like this if He were here. 

Did you say i should go get a job, well thank you but I have broken the back of poverty and I will never be poor another day, so? Just to let you know that I am not into JESUS because of what I get I just love him and serve him for who He is. Yet I have never gone hungry one day. It this sort of presumptions that makes you think we all want to steal from you. How do you know I don't have a job yet you're already concluding, very un-intelligent i beg.

Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by ShadyDeal(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2009
Experience really!
Re: World Largest Gospel Concert In Nigeria by kgoddy: 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2009
Ben, are you sure that this music event is going to bring people or me closer to God? or for me to see some young girls in their short dresses. Pls. which one. Is not that I don't like the later but in a place where, we expect Gods presence we don't have to see this naked girls. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chief Akaeze Ukponu Burial In Obior Community (Photos) / Kebbi Marries Off 100 Widows, Divorcees In Mass Wedding / Wedding Venue Decoration in Lagos Nigeria? Call 08081504149

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.