Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:13 AM

Trump: I Didn’t Call Bill Clinton, He Called Me - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump: I Didn’t Call Bill Clinton, He Called Me (356 Views)

Donald Trump: I Got Impeached For Making A Perfect Phone Call / I Flashed My Underwear To Attract Bill Clinton - Monica Lewinsky / "Bill Clinton Raped Me & Hillary Clinton Threatened Me" - Trump's Supporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trump: I Didn’t Call Bill Clinton, He Called Me by Samkoyeh2(m): 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
Donald Trump wants the world to know that it was former President Bill Clinton who called him on the day after the election and not the other way around. Clinton told the editor of a small weekly newspaper in New York’s Westchester County earlier this month that he had received a call from Trump after the election and that the president-elect had been strangely cordial, “like it was 15 years ago,” when the Clintons used to socialize with Trump. But Trump took issue with that version of events, writing on Twitter on Tuesday morning that “Bill Clinton stated that I called him after the election. Wrong, he called me (with a very nice congratulations).” Tuesday afternoon, Clinton confirmed via Twitter that it had indeed been him who initiated the phone call with Trump on the day after the election. In his impromptu interview with the weekly newspaper, Clinton said Trump “doesn’t know much” but that “one thing he does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him.” The president-elect shot back Tuesday morning at Clinton, borrowing the former president’s own language to write on Twitter that “He ‘doesn’t know much,’ especially how to get people, even with an unlimited budget, out to vote in the vital swing states (and more). They focused on wrong states.” Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), an early endorser of Trump and his transition team’s congressional liaison, said Clinton had invited the president-elect’s criticism upon himself by once again raising the issue of Hillary Clinton’s popular-vote victory. Trump received 304 Electoral College votes, well above the 270 he needed to clinch a victory. Clinton received 227. Have Something Interesting/Informative you want us to Post on Naijaloaded? Send to info@ Like our Page on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our BBM Channel “Just yesterday, Bill Clinton, as he was casting his Electoral College vote for his wife, went out again and said, ‘Let’s remember Hillary Clinton won the popular vote.’ So Bill Clinton continues to be one of those people who just doesn’t want to let go, wants to refer to Donald Trump as the Electoral College president,” Collins said on CNN’s “New Day” Tuesday morning. “So, you know, I thought that was totally inappropriate by former President Clinton to again kind of gin up the Democrats that to claim Donald Trump is not the legitimate president-elect of the United States.”
http://url2it.com/emllhf

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Obama Expels 35 Russian Diplomats From The US, Gives Them 72 Hours To Leave / Public Notice: We Are Africans, We Do Not Plagiarize / Senegal Troops Move To Gambia Border As Jammeh Crisis Grows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.