Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? (2840 Views)

Tell Nigerians Why You Took Modu Sheriff To Chad, APC To Jonathan / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2009
These group want everyone to believe Nigeria is a hell hole and a dump, but when they hear contrary things, their heart goes down. This is why they criticise without lifting a finger to contribute. How can we silence them?
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Pennywise(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2009
I tire. My younger bro left Naija in the mid 90s. He comes home for the first time last year and he is like whaooo! Mehn. What exactly was he expecting to see? I wonder.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Pharoh: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2009
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2009
pharoh

you are a millipede.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Afam(m): 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2009
walakolobo:

These group want everyone to beleive Nigeria is a hell hole and a dump, but when they aee contrary thigs, their heart goes down, this is why they criticise without lifting a finger to contribute- how can we silence them?

Nigerians living in Nigeria must challenge the lies and misinformation being spread by our brothers and sisters that are living outside Nigeria. Whether this is a result of envy, jealousy or "feel good" attitude I don't know but such comments and lies should be exposed for what they are at every juncture without delays.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by blacksta(m): 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2009
another idiot post - divided people.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by redsun(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2009
walakolobo:

pharoh

you are a millipede.

Millipede is not dumb,it is a whole complex functional mechanism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millipede
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by sleekp1: 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2009
I concur with the views here.
If we had made Lagos into  New York our brothers and sisters won't be in the USA cleaning toilets. Nearly 20yrs of living abroad have not morphed me into what am not. We need to acknowledge, human beings built all these beautiful Western countries that we so love.  

PS
The Nairalanders I hate most are the one's who when debating would refer to Nigeria as "your country", now  who told these goons they are Americans?
Some Nigerian JJC have really given Nigerians abroad a bad name  (am not surprised though), most of these goons sold all their belongings at  Alaba market and headed West.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2009
^^^^Nowadays you can even see them identifying themselves as British Nigerians on Nigerian Americans- because they have another passport- a mere piece of paper, they assume they are better than you with a green passport and they refer to Nigeria as your country or una country and when they come home, they hold their shoulders high like Timaya and look down on everyone else.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by redsun(m): 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2009
walakolobo:

^^^^Nowadays you can even see them identifying themselves as British Nigerians on Nigerian Americans- because they have another passport- a mere piece of paper, they assume they are better than you with a green passport and they refer to Nigeria as your country or una country and when they come home, they hold their shoulders high like Timaya and look down on everyone else.

Why are u so bitter over flimsy things?U better judge urself,man.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by sleekp1: 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2009
walakolobo:

Some Nigerians in London  (the one's without correct visa's) would tell you they're Jamaicans even with  Ijebu accent.

redsun:

Why are u so bitter over flimsy things?U better judge urself,man.
Americans built New York for Americans.
Its not flimsy when you see a generation devoid of patriotism.

1 Like

Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by morpheus24: 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2009
Afam:

Nigerians living in Nigeria must challenge the lies and misinformation being spread by our brothers and sisters that are living outside Nigeria. Whether this is a result of envy, jealousy or "feel good" attitude I don't know but such comments and lies should be exposed for what they are at every juncture without delays.

Come Una stupidity no dey tire.

haven't you guys said everything possible about this topic. Please move on or it is more likely that the real envy and jealousy are usually on the ones who can't stop talking about a particular issue,

You go wound O!
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by donjon: 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2009
The truth is bitter!
Stop running away from your country
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
sleek_p:

Some Nigerians in London  (the one's without correct visa's) would tell you they're Jamaicans even with Ijebu accent.

pahahahahahahahahahahaha----------- cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by redsun(m): 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2009
sleek_p:

Americans built New York for Americans.
Its not flimsy when you see a generation devoid of patriotism.

Devoid of patriotism,what are u talking about?it is you people that are looting,plundering,killing,burning and deceiving that are traitors not people that are pointing out the nightmares and trying to find solutions to the cataclysm.

The shame is for us all i know,but you people are the ones living it right now and we feel for you,most of us don't speak for our own sake but for the iniquities you guys are living in,it is not main to be.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2009
Feel for who? You do make me laugh! come home and see how guys at home feel for you guys in the diaspora- you will think otherwise. For the way you guys live abroad, guys of your own age at home do pity you and wish you come right back to your senses.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by redsun(m): 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2009
walakolobo:

Feel for who? You do make me laugh! come home and see how guys at home feel for you guys in the diaspora- you will think otherwise. For the way you guys live abroad, guys of your own age at home do pity you and wish you come right back to your senses.

Yours is a mediocre idea of success,that is why i feel for u.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by morpheus24: 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2009
walakolobo:

That is a lie!
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2009
Afam:

Walakobo--- while I understand your frustration---- I must say that the number of those who are suffering in Nigeria substantially outweigh that of those who are "really enjoying."
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by ogajim(m): 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2009
Dude, which pub in Pekham are you drinking at

I remember how happy I was in the mid 90s when Abacha put an end to the war in Sierra Leone and those guys were thanking every Nigerian they saw here but that was a long time ago. Have we had anything to celebrate since? You need to be honest with your self first and foremost, you seem either drunk or confused (I refuse to believe you're an idiot) if you ask me.
Once you really get out of Nigeria and see how governments are supposed to be run, your patience with Nigeria at 49 will become slim to none, when you have the time, try and find out where America was at 49 or the UK, France, Germany, etc. I can't speak for Europe but you are not informed about us here if you think we all do minimum wage jobs, omase ooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We thank God for his mercies.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by bawomolo(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
I didn't expect afam to fall for such divisive tactics. ha well.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Afam(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2009
bawomolo:

I didn't expect afam to fall for such divisive tactics. ha well.

I have never advocated for any form of division.

However, the issue of Nigerians being insults by those living outside is a serious one and should be discouraged especially as many Nigerians living outside Nigeria seem to support this nonsense while others either kept silent or try to justify the insults.

Have you spoken out against these irresponsible insults directed at those of us that are in Nigeria? What is your position on these insults?

Remember that you can support or oppose something by not getting involved and at the same time not taking a stand.

All Nigerians are Nigerians so what is there to gain by dividing or quarreling amongst ourselves while the corrupt leaders continue to get away with murder even in broad daylight?
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Beaf: 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2009
walakolobo:

A gift for walakolobo and family. . .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by OvieE: 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2009
walakolobo:

What a fucckkin lie. You mean ourmate who wants to be like us when we land? The one that jealous that I wish I live in abroad too. how many time they deny you visa? All this mania jobs you people in Nigeria are talking about I do not see them. You need to travel out and see Nigeria professional from all respected fields. A graduate doctor in Nigeria travel out and never return. Have you people back in Nigeria never ask your self a question. White Americans and black Americans travel out of US and go to another country. Would you tell me that they are running away. people travel out all the time so I do see the big deal about Nigeria traveling out.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by iice(f): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2009
10 down, 100 more to go.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by ogajim(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2009
Dude is funny hence I asked earlier where he was pounding beer or ale as you call it in the UK. I am not better than anyone back home but feel lucky cool cool cool cool
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2009
In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by sleekp1: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2009
redsun:

Devoid of patriotism,what are u talking about?it is you people that are looting,plundering,killing,burning and deceiving  that are traitors not people that are pointing out the nightmares and trying to find solutions to the cataclysm.

The shame is for us all i know,but you people are the ones living it right now and we feel for you,most of us don't speak for our own sake but for the iniquities you guys are living in,it is not main to be.

@redsun

Give up da crack bro. People like you  made me post the above, your ignoramus ass thought I live in Nigeria so you can relay to me the beauty of London. Guess what nigga, I live in the UK  and if you'd bother to read my post you woulda noticed. Here it is again for your fragile mind to ponder.

"Nearly 20yrs of living abroad have not morphed me into what am not. We need to acknowledge, human beings built all these beautiful Western countries that we so love." 

PS
If there's anything you want to know about London for the past 20yrs your dumbass should ask me.
See! some of us left Nigeria but still harbor the belief of returning home when the mess your ilk put us in have been corrected.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by princekevo(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ OP
The same you will call your relations abroad, if any and tell them how worst Nigerian has been jst to get a 100dollar or pounds from them. They are not in Nigerian, but you are. If you say Nigeria is good for you then goodluck. They all contribute to debate here on NL based on the news that come out of Nigeria everyday and the info they got from the people back home.
Tell me how i wont believe that Nigeria getting worst when i will spend so much sponsoring a younger one only to graduate and cant get employed after many years of youth service.
For you a country where 2nd class upper graduate of engineer still remain a burden to the family after many years of graduation and you claim tht country is getting better. You must be living in a fools paradise.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by ogajim(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2009
sleek_p:

@redsun

Give up da crack bro. People like you  made me post the above, your ignoramus ass thought I live in Nigeria so you can relay to me the beauty of London. Guess what nigga, I live in the UK  and if you'd bother to read my post you woulda noticed. Here it is again for your fragile mind to ponder.

"Nearly 20yrs of living abroad have not morphed me into what am not. We need to acknowledge, human beings built all these beautiful Western countries that we so love." 

PS
If there's anything you want to know about London for the past 20yrs your dumbass should ask me.
See! some of us left Nigeria but still harbor the belief of returning home when the mess your ilk put us in have been corrected. 

shocked shocked shocked shocked I still can't see where "redsun " went wrong in your quoted part and needs to give up the crack pipe as you advised.
"Nearly 20yrs" is enough to be settled in the UK I think and if you are not, maybe you need to stop harboring illusions about Nigeria because I have never in "nearly 20yrs" seen any Nigerian succeed anywhere while having one foot in Nigeria and the other foot somewhere else. There are two kinds of Nigerians-Those that can make it anywhere and those that can't make it anywhere, I visit Europe often but can't speak for those who live it but some of us think that being anywhere is enough for them so they don't want to put in the extra work to get higher.

Tell me anything worth celebrating about Nigeria in "nearly 20yrs", to criticize the mismanagement doesn't translate to hate but love for the country if you ask me. To each his own jare!

"Nearly 20yrs" of living in the UK and you have to curse like an American ghetto kid??
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2009
princekevo:

@ OP
The same you will call your relations abroad, if any and tell them how worst Nigerian has been jst to get a 100dollar or pounds from them. They are not in Nigerian, but you are. If you say Nigeria is good for you then goodluck. They all contribute to debate here on NL based on the news that come out of Nigeria everyday and  the info they got from the people back home.
Tell me how i wont believe that Nigeria getting worst when i will spend so much sponsoring a younger one only to graduate and cant get employed after many years of youth service.
For you a country where 2nd class upper graduate of engineer still remain a burden to the family after many years of graduation and you claim tht country is getting better. You must be living in a fools paradise.

Ask your moderator to tell you my IP address on NairaLand and use it to check where I am. And for your information, I dont have relations who sk me or who i ask to send me money - I live in the UK off my legitimate business in Nigeria - I get money to live on from Nigeria, from the investment we have made back home while you serve the white man, from what God has helped me to put on ground at home, I will never serve the white man like you do, they will serve me.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by redsun(m): 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2009
walakolobo:

Ask your moderator to tell you my IP address on NairaLand and use it to check where I am. And for your information, I dont have relations who sk me or who i ask to send me money - I live in the UK off my legitimate business in Nigeria - I get money to live on from Nigeria, from the investment we have made back home while you serve the white man, from what God has helped me to put on ground at home, I will never serve the white man like you do, they will serve me.

You must be an offspring of a politician,the money miss road type,because from all indications,you don't deserve to be rich or be from a rich home.

You are very very unpolished for a privileged.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good News - First Ge Locomotives Arrive In Nigeria / Nelson Mandela: Is He Dead? / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.