Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? (2838 Views)

Tell Nigerians Why You Took Modu Sheriff To Chad, APC To Jonathan / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by redsun(m): 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2009
sleek_p:

@redsun

Give up da crack bro. People like you  made me post the above, your ignoramus ass thought I live in Nigeria so you can relay to me the beauty of London. Guess what nigga, I live in the UK  and if you'd bother to read my post you woulda noticed. Here it is again for your fragile mind to ponder.

"Nearly 20yrs of living abroad have not morphed me into what am not. We need to acknowledge, human beings built all these beautiful Western countries that we so love." 

PS
If there's anything you want to know about London for the past 20yrs your dumbass should ask me.
See! some of us left Nigeria but still harbor the belief of returning home when the mess your ilk put us in have been corrected. 

I don't care where u live,u are not nothing but a dumb ass peasant.

There is a saying that goes this way in my place-Some nobles and their slaves were on a mission to a strange a land,before they left,the slaves begged the nobles not reveal their identities to their hosts as slaves and the nobles agreed.

On their way it pissed down heavily from heaven and they got wet,so on getting to their hosts place,instead of the slaves hanging their wet cloths on the line to dry like the nobles did,they chose to dry them on fire which inevitably revealed their identities to their hosts as slave because drying cloths with firewood is what slaves do.

You are what you are,not even the best educations and privileges in the world can change a miscreant.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Jaybee2412(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
@posters and all his supporters
Before I go on, I would like to make it clear that I am a full blooded Nigerian though I hold a British passport. I am as patriotic as anyone living in Nigeria. We really need to use this forum as well as other similar fora to engage ourselves in meaningful discussion on how to make Nigeria a better place for all of us to live. Nobody is happy in deriding Nigeria or all our people living there; its only fools who will jump into conclusion rrhat by critising those in power and who are responsible for the precarious situation in which we are will condemn us for speaking the truth. Or perhaps the poster is one of those in power disguising as a nairalander. I have three of my siblings living in Nigeria, all graduates, all unemployed, and you are asking me not to rebuke the system that refused to do anything about their situation. I work 16 hours everyday to be able to cater for them and our ageing parents back home. If most Nigerians back home should be thinking like this poter, it means the psyche of the average Nigerian has been systematically destroyed by our political and religious elites.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by princekevo(m): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
redsun:

You must be an offspring of a politician,the money miss road type,because from all indications,you don't deserve to be rich or be from a rich home.

You are very very unpolished for a privileged.
jst got the words out of my mouth.

walakolobo:

Ask your moderator to tell you my IP address on NairaLand and use it to check where I am. And for your information, I dont have relations who sk me or who i ask to send me money - I live in the UK off my legitimate business in Nigeria - I get money to live on from Nigeria, from the investment we have made back home while you serve the white man, from what God has helped me to put on ground at home, I will never serve the white man like you do, they will serve me.
You know what? By their speech we shall know them. I dont need you IP address neither do i care  where you live or what you have achieved in Nigeria.
B4 coming on NL to spilt craps you would have sat for a min and ask yourself, how many other Nigerians have the same opportunity you are having? The opportunity of being in UK and living on the money from Nigerian. Probably your parents are bouyant enough to send you abroad where you eat boost of their investment , for you now Nigeria is the best. Have you thought of millions other Nigerians who cannot even afford to send their kids to school? Have you thought of millions of families who spent their last kobo to train their kids to university, only to remain unemployed at home, becoming more liability to the family while he was supposed to be an assets?
Like i said b4 keep living and enjoying your fools paradise, but when i complain abt Nigerian i complain bitterly becoz someone can not spend so much to train a graduate in country where he will still become a liability after graduation.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by ogajim(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2009
The poster is deluded in thinking that any criticism of Nigeria and it's bad political/business/religious "leaders" amount to unpatriotic and don't see how he can have "support" among any well meaning NIDOs. Why not stay put in Nigeria (to manage your legal investments)if you really love the place so much as you claim or you're scared or robbers/kidnappers/NEPA? No matter how well we make it "outside", we are still Nigerians whether we like it or not so for someone who appears to be doing nothing in the UK, now I see why you really can't get the passport because your "Nigerian business" might not count there  grin grin grin grin I represent Nigerian all the way but can't stand the folks that has brought it down plus I have to support folks there too like most of NIDO, the fact that you don't have no one to support in Nigeria is fishy at best  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed This emperor has no clothes!
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2009
^^^^Fuc k face. what do you know?
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by ogajim(m): 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2009
walakolobo:

^^^^Fuc k face. what do you know?

Those the gods want to destroy, they first make mad, popular saying back HOME cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Some people have relatives that STOLE so they can have a better life without working in "obodo oyinbo" grin grin grin grin
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2009
^^^^what have u said still?
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Jaybee2412(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2009
Walakolobo is a deportee from Russia, deported for stealing from a supermarket
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by AjanleKoko: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2009
You see the kind of utter nonsense people come and post online.
A guy comes online, says he's making money in Nigeria, and living on it, in the UK.
And he says he loves Nigeria?

Total crap. I wonder why people even bother to respond.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
^^^^Pains you because you cant try it- you and your entire goons will go broke.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by AjanleKoko: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2009
walakolobo:

^^^^Pains you because you cant try it- you and your entire goons will go broke.

OK. I agree. I no fit try am, as me and my entire goons will go broke.

Now over to you. PROVE IT. Or shut it for good.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Depilot(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2009
Not fair, I change my mind.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by banku: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
Waka,

You are absolutely right about that. In the land of milk and honey kidnapped by a few so that many can suffer to death. What is there to be happy about?We need to stop fooling ourselves, come together and get solutions by throwing out these few bums. You will see their children and PROs everywhere trying to maintain their status.

Petty jealousy wil get us nowhere.

walakolobo:

In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by bgees(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2009
though i dont totally agree that these people 'feel sad when they see happy Nigerians', i feel they have a problem with being patriotic.

u would be amazed what these some of these diasporans say about Nigeria on the internet. it is okay to criticise the govt but these morons destroy anything nigerian. WHY?

BUT i appreciate the diasporans who take on the corrupt govt of the day through online blogging and demonstrations.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Depilot(m): 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2009
Not fair, I change my mind.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by MrCrackles(m): 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2009
Beaf:

A gift for walakolobo and family. . .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Brilliant gift idea. . .Just exactly what the Walakolobo family need right now! grin
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Jaybee2412(m): 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2009
People in Diaspora are just saying the truth and sometimes the truth is bitter
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Depilot(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2009
I agree that the post is foolish, U should delete my post.
Not a nice post atall.
I'll appreciate it if you get rid of it asap.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2009
Jaybee2412:

Before I go on, I would like to make it clear that I am a full blooded Nigerian though I hold a British passport. I am as patriotic as anyone living in Nigeria. We really need to use this forum as well as other similar fora to engage ourselves in meaningful discussion on how to make Nigeria a better place for all of us to live. Nobody is happy in deriding Nigeria or all our people living there; its only fools who will jump into conclusion rrhat by critising those in power and who are responsible for the precarious situation in which we are will condemn us for speaking the truth. Or perhaps the poster is one of those in power disguising as a nairalander. I have three of my siblings living in Nigeria, all graduates, all unemployed, and you are asking me not to rebuke the system that refused to do anything about their situation. I work 16 hours everyday to be able to cater for them and our ageing parents back home. If most Nigerians back home should be thinking like this poter, it means the psyche of the average Nigerian has been systematically destroyed by our political and religious elites.

you should ask them to get a job, any job no matter how "below them" it might seem.

Even if its only teaching.

There are far too many people back home waiting on handouts from their overseas relatives and not wanting any job that's not commensurate with their "status" eg oil company.

And of course lets not forget many are waiting and hoping for overseas visa which they're assured will come any day so why work in an "embarassing" job.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Jaybee2412(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2009
Depilot:

I agree that the post is foolish, U should delete my post.
Not a nice post atall.
I'll appreciate it if you get rid of it asap.

You A gentleman, and a wise one of course - cheers
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Depilot(m): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
No disrespect to the Diasporians, to each their own.
Whatever floats your boat is cool. God's blessing is what matters.

Accept my apology.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by bawomolo(m): 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2009
AjanleKoko:

You see the kind of utter nonsense people come and post online.
A guy comes online, says he's making money in Nigeria, and living on it, in the UK.
And he says he loves Nigeria?

Total crap. I wonder why people even bother to respond.

lol i know right.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Depilot(m): 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2009
@Jaybee2412: You haven't deleted the post, please do so asap.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Depilot(m): 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
Jay: u're the best. wink
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by OAM4J: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2009
Jaybee2412:

ogajim:

The poster is deluded in thinking that any criticism of Nigeria and it's bad political/business/religious "leaders" amount to unpatriotic and don't see how he can have "support" among any well meaning NIDOs. Why not stay put in Nigeria (to manage your legal investments)if you really love the place so much as you claim or you're scared or robbers/kidnappers/NEPA? No matter how well we make it "outside", we are still Nigerians whether we like it or not so for someone who appears to be doing nothing in the UK, now I see why you really can't get the passport because your "Nigerian business" might not count there  grin grin grin grin I represent Nigerian all the way but can't stand the folks that has brought it down plus I have to support folks there too like most of NIDO, the fact that you don't have no one to support in Nigeria is fishy at best  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed This emperor has no clothes!

What more do I have to say. Guess the above 2 posts have said all that is in my mind. I am as Nigerian as anyone living in or outside Nigeria. I am concerned about the state of Nigeria because Nigeria is my country. If I criticize anything in Nigeria, it’s because I desire change. I will love to retire into Nigeria of my dream, die and be buried with my ancestors, and hope that my children will forever be proud to be called Nigerians.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by sleekp1: 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2009
ogajim:

shocked shocked shocked shocked I still can't see where "redsun " went wrong in your quoted part and needs to give up the crack pipe as you advised.
"Nearly 20yrs" is enough to be settled in the UK I think and if you are not, maybe you need to stop harboring illusions about Nigeria because I have never in "nearly 20yrs" seen any Nigerian succeed anywhere while having one foot in Nigeria and the other foot somewhere else.
I run a business in Nigeria and have invested in real estate, and if this is how your brain works you would have nothing to return to in 20yrs.
(Did you say you live in Nigeria or Europe)?

There are two kinds of Nigerians-Those that can make it anywhere and those that can't make it anywhere, I visit Europe often but can't speak for those who live it but some of us think that being anywhere is enough for them so they don't want to put in the extra work to get higher.
You just contradicted yourself there because that's my position. People still make it in Nigeria in the midst of all the chaos.

Tell me anything worth celebrating about Nigeria in "nearly 20yrs", to criticize the mismanagement doesn't translate to hate but love for the country if you ask me. To each his own jare!
There are lots of people here who make valid criticism and they are to be applauded, my gripe is with people who are  having a bad day and logging on to pour scorn on Nigeria. People like your idiot self, those who believe the govt is to blame for all ills in our society.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by sleekp1: 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
redsun:

I don't care where u live,u are not nothing but a dumb ass peasant.

There is a saying that goes this way in my place-Some nobles and their slaves were on a mission to a strange a land,before they left,the slaves begged the nobles not reveal their identities to their hosts as slaves and the nobles agreed.

On their way it pissed down heavily from heaven and they got wet,so on getting to their hosts place,instead of the slaves hanging their wet cloths on the line to dry like the nobles did,they chose to dry them on fire which inevitably revealed their identities to their hosts as slave because drying cloths with firewood is what slaves do.

You are what you are,not even the best educations and privileges in the world can change a miscreant.

Admit it I burst your bubble by letting you know I emigrated when you were in JSS 1. Why should I pour scorn on those I left behind because I was lucky to have left when I did?
If you morons think cleaning offices in the UK is an achievement wait till you return in 30yrs to find some of those you left behind CEO of multinationals.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by redsun(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
sleek_p:

Admit it I burst your bubble by letting you know I emigrated when you were in JSS 1. Why should I pour scorn on those I left behind because I was lucky to have left when I did?
If you morons think cleaning offices in the UK is an achievement wait till you return in 30yrs to find some of those you left behind CEO of multinationals.

You have the guts to publicly say you lived in a foreign land for twenty years,u are really colo.If i were u i will be smacking myself everyday for wasting the peak of my life playing second fiddle in oyinbo land.

Yeye man,your time is over,probably your children are lost too in transit as british africans.Being a stupid man,i know u won't be able to nurture them to know their roots,a vicious circle of doom.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by Radiant(f): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2009
Rofl. . . Walakolobo, you live abroad? Hypocrite! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hope Afam and the other "patriots"will learn from you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by walakolobo: 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2009
Radiant,

You are an idiot who cant read and understand- i dont live abroad anymore, i only holiday abroad. Shut the f up.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by redsun(m): 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2009
walakolobo:

Radiant,

You are an idiot who cant read and understand- i dont live abroad anymore, i only holiday abroad. Shut the f up.

Every time you say something on this forum,u reveal ur stupidity,agbero.
Re: Diasporians Are Sad When They See Happy Nigerians: Why? by dinggle: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2009
You guys at home are simply silly and envious, I got good news for you all, aint there nothing to be envious about. You all at home are doing just fine!, Taking America as an example, Living here is harder and anyone can imagine. You must work hard to smell the dream or you will be a dream chaser. And there isnt any easy work here in America, the system has been set-up that whatever field you find yourself only serious hard work can make u smell the dream. So when people say we are sad when Nigerians at home are happy, thats simply untrue and silly. If Nigerians (including our families) at home were happy and able to help themselves that takes off the extra burden of hardwork to support them off our backs and gives us hope that we can go back and invest our income no matter how small, and put and end to excess hours of hard work. Dont get me wrong we wanna work, but putting in excess hours of sleepless hard work is killing to the body.

Many of us miss home, the food, the people and some of us who married Americans truly miss Nigerian Women born and bread at home. Not the Jankara Nigerian women who came here and started acting like wannabes. Same goes for the Nigerian women here who misses home bread guys.
However one of the few things we enjoy apart from the facilities is security, not that there isnt crime here!, but I know that if I m killed or shot either by the police or any individual, it will be vigorously investigated and the person responsible will pay for it dearly. That tells me my life is not worthless.

I can speak for myself and I will tell you I dont like it here!!!!

So pls lets stop the fighting and work together for our common good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good News - First Ge Locomotives Arrive In Nigeria / Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 / Fg To Sell 51% Stake In Electricity Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.