Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison (25756 Views)

EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke / Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani / Delta Paid Ibori N250m In UK Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by ephi123(f): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Good.

But one confusing part of the story,and I want those in the know to help me out here. Is James Ibori not a British Citizen? I am about 98% sure he is,via marriage to his wife who is British by birth and they both lived in England for years as a couple.

So,can the Nigerian Government force the British Government to send Ibori back to Nigeria?considering the fact he is British too?

According to the Guardian:
The home secretary can revoke the British citizenship of dual nationals and some foreign-born Britons whom she deems to be a national security risk. Since 2010, 28 people have lost their UK citizenship in this way.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by yaqq: 9:46am On Dec 22, 2016
170 country charge.........on one man?
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by HungerBAD: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:

According to the Guardian:
The home secretary can revoke the British citizenship of dual nationals and some foreign-born Britons whom she deems to be a national security risk. Since 2010, 28 people have lost their UK citizenship in this way.

Okay thanks for that clarification.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Biafman: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2016
Yourbas and bad belle, see their Lagos-Ibadan-Express junk journalism piece starting their own fight against Ibori.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by atirolu(m): 9:49am On Dec 22, 2016
Unapologetically nigeria is a useless country

Those they have been investigating since 1999 how many have they convict?

A serious govt got conviction of top politicians who was initially freed in nigeria

Those in custody are only der snapping pix everyday nothing serious has happen

Farouk lawal Mr integrity subsidy case report where is it today

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Biafman: 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
Sibrah:
This man luck don cast finish.
Why did UK had to release you to Buhari of all people?
Muguh, you think your dullard is fighting corruption while rewarding crooks like Amaechi and Fashola with ministerial jobs, and associating aith the biggest thief in Nigeria called Tinubu. Your Daura President is at the moment receiving Abacha's stolen money from Switzerland and other countries, a man he said never stole Nigeria's money.
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by symbianDON(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
mykel25:
the dude must ve behaved well in prison cuz 13 years never complete na.....
his jail terms ran concurrently
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by ephi123(f): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

Okay thanks for that clarification.

No worries
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
all na wash
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Freshvibesblog(m): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2016
IG
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Freshvibesblog(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2016
ig
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by LOGDAN(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Sentiments apart. Ibori still has people loyal to him. He is the one controlling Delta state. Oduaghan and Okowa serves under him and their loyalty to him is not in doubt. Al-Mustapha and Ibori has worked together. Goodluck should be ready..............

Ibori the gladiator..Welcome back bro. In Urhobo i greet you "Migwor"

Is Ibori case different from Kalu? Is Kalu not in APC?

I just dey observe

Twale for you Bros, migwor Bros, you done talk am finish,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by brojoshua: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2016
And let the government not also allow the cases of the senate president and the others to be swept under carpet as usual because if not for U.K, where there is a level of justice and judgment or had it been in Nigeria, Ibori's case would have been swept under the carpet long time ago in Nigeria as usual, the judges would have received their share of the loots and kill the case and may even fine Nigeria to compensate the man for wrong accusation - turning justice upside-down. We who love justice, judgment, righteousness, truth and mercy are all waiting for the prosecution and punishment of all the executive and honorable criminals including all who looted Nigeria's common wealth. Let nothing be swept under the carpet again.
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by harmbhrosz(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2016
iokpebholo:
Ibori come back home pls, buhari is just an imp otent confused clown, by d way way hypocrisy is when known thieves like oshiomonle, sgf, el rufai and even okorocha sef will b d ones to call him theif whereas their on lootng is to b continue.....
it is turn by turn for everyone... Keen supporting him while his likes loot away the betterment of your generation orwe

A theif is a theif whether he's my brother or not...

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by darlyE: 9:58am On Dec 22, 2016
Nigeria is a place where thieves are celebrated, what message are they passing to the next generation, I weep for Nigeria my country
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by PHILipu1(m): 10:02am On Dec 22, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] Goodluck Jonathan is in trouble. Ibori is coming to take revenge.
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Sibrah: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2016
Biafman:

Muguh, you think your dullard is fighting corruption while rewarding crooks like Amaechi and Fashola with ministerial jobs, and associating aith the biggest thief in Nigeria called Tinubu. Your Daura President is at the moment receiving Abacha's stolen money from Switzerland and other countries, a man he said never stole Nigeria's money.
You may think you made sense if I don't reply your senseless post . . .
So Tinubu is Nigeria's biggest theif but Jonathan had to team up with Dasuki to steal N2.1bn with which Dokpesi was paid to tarnish the image of Tinubu? If Buhari isn't fighting corruption according to you then I assume you expect him to steal money and sponsor propaganda against your masters . . .
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by mykel25(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2016
symbianDON:
his jail terms ran concurrently
okay
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by TheVictorious(m): 10:08am On Dec 22, 2016
IBORI WILL COME AND JOIN All-saints Peoples Party (APC) now..........

Guess what's gonna happen next.....

Your guess is as good as mine!
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by ameh99: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2016
cyberguy72:
Answer the question YES or NO.Is the Dullard fighting corruption?........HYPOCRITE

Ignorant and haters everywhere ...

Is everything about PMB......

James Ibori has spending case even long before PMB got into power.....

Why make every excuses and look for who to point accusing finger at.......

Don't border quoting me cause am not coming back to this topic to read your sentimental views...
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by yinkslinks(m): 10:14am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by papertrail(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2016
I am an Isoko man and i love my odidigboigbo 1 of the world,before he came to power, we were going to other states to school but he established and build Delta state polytechnic Ozoro,Delta state Polytechnic Ogwashi-uku,Delta state polytechnic Oghara.He established Delta state teaching hospital Oghara which has one of the best modern facilities.There was no stadium in Delta state before, he build warri stadium,oghara stadium,ughelli stadium,Asaba stadium,Oleh stadium,Kwale stadium.There was no road to the Ijaw villages before you must spend hours by speed boat to get there,but he build the longest bridge to link the Ijaws to land and open development there.He build a Patani bridge,Elume second bride,Mosogar bridge.My street road was constructed in 2002 with drainage..........Now ask Uduaghan and idiot Okowa what they have done for us since Ibori left power.Yes he stole,but we are going to CELEBRATE HIM LIKE THE YORUBAS CELEBRATE TINUBU AND OBJ,LIKE THE HAUSAS CELEBRATE ATIKU AND TY DANJUMA. He stole our money not yours......WE LOVE IBORI

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Moganajoe: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2016
SkytrendNews:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/ibori-freed-fg-begins-ex-delta-governors-extradition-process/amp/?client=ms-android-tecno

e don do! na only him one be de only thieve wey una see for dis country?....How about the Igbinedion, The Orjis of Abia, Joshua Dariye of plateau etc etc etc?
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by GOFRONT(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2016
40 Policemen guardin Only one man.......It makes me think that these Men wil sooo much Steal our Country money to the point that they feel they are Synonymous to Money itself...i.e Wen u see dem, U hav seen money. When a kidnapper kidnap dem, they feel they hav Kidnapp money.

Everytin happens for a Reazon.......Let me tel us d reason why doz youths are Jubilatin for James....Fine...like I said earlier, Wen a politician so much steal money, he begins to look like money. When u see him, u need no soothsayer to tel u his in money. Infact his political status alone is Ok. Now as a human being, We all Love money. Evrybody, even a nursery 1 kid. Even old granny love money.

So wen u love money and see a politician who is comin like a money, what do u do??....U protect him, u throw EncoMinum at him, Even wen d money he stole was d money u were supposed to use and solve ur present predicament, u might even wonna die for him....But wen they see a wretched poor aged man, they neva throw encomium, they rather tag him a Wizard and they tend to descend on him beat him up....D case of Lokoja Oldman comes to mind??...Rememba d power of money...

Even if I can't see hope in d future of our Young generation in Pilotin d affairs of this country, with d kind of attitude we d youth display, HOW can we Ever be d LEADER of 2MoRo
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2016
And the rubbish extradition will cost us millions of Naira again ..
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by histemple: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Good.

But one confusing part of the story,and I want those in the know to help me out here. Is James Ibori not a British Citizen? I am about 98% sure he is,via marriage to his wife who is British by birth and they both lived in England for years as a couple.

So,can the Nigerian Government force the British Government to send Ibori back to Nigeria?considering the fact he is British too?

Ibori has dual citizenship and therefore he is also answerable to the Nigerian state. Nevertheless, the crime was committed in Nigeria. The British Government is only trying Ibori because there are certain things that shouldn't be associated with their image.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 22, 2016
DrRasheed:
Yam eaters never finish... Even me will steal if i get opportunity

U can start by shoplifting at shoprite
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Chrisx1x(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2016
lamalang:
Kai! Our leaders and the masses no get sense. See how masses de welcome thief, somebody that stole from them, the person responsible for there bad roads, ramshackle school and hospital somebody that increased there poverty level, and see them they gyrate
i know where you are coming from but am sorry to say you are wrong .he performed while he was in office.he built hospitals(including a world class teaching hospital),dualized a lot of roads,built schs(including 3 polytechnics and several college of education),he initiated the osubi airport though it was built by his successor,employment rate during his time was very high(my mum got employed during his time),he rotated the gov seat such that minority tribes like itsekiris and delta ibos were able to produce their own governors,he empowered a lot of people with his influence.he was also fond of lobbying infrastructures to his place(oghara town).he has his own flaws but he tried his best bro

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cross River: Ayade Converts PDP Secretariat To APC Secretariat / Peter Obi Campaigns For Afam Ogene In Ogbaru LGA Of Anambra / 2019 Election Update: INEC Officials At Sagamu Testing The Card Readers - PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.